Regarding the Eremes DNA 8/11/13 - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding the Eremes DNA 8/11/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
353 replies to this topic

#101 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

If I'm a shop owner and one of my shift supervisors starts handing out free goods to his favorite customers and personal friends, I'm firing that manager. 

Giving away free, highly desired items in a F2P cash shop MMO is toxic to the game's economy and is offensive to those who pay real money or grind serious hours to acquire such luxuries. This isn't a matter of jealousy or simple forum whining - it's a matter of respect and fairness. 

Say what you will about the merits of that "other" game that is coming out, but I know I can expect professionalism and fairness from its operators and producers. Maybe it's a matter of paying for what you get, but why wouldn't Gravity/WP strive to offer a similar standard of service? 

Again, just very disappointed in this whole affair. It's getting harder to justify my loyalty to this particular game with every new debacle. 

debacle, nice word you get a cookie+1

what was i going to say...... oh ya super disappointed in this game/gms/devs.

#102 HoukaSeyru

HoukaSeyru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

You get more Support from a CM/GM on  a private server than here...

#103 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

The thing is, even if the free DNA was not tradeable, it would not be fair anyway ;) They all got a free OP pet.

Of course I know it wouldn't be fair. If it's that OP that would cause people to go bananas over with, why don't you farm it too?

I honestly thought this was too much. Perhaps a VIP Pack would've sufficed but it's whatever. The damage has already been done.

I'm not going to bother farming DNA because I'm going to be leaving this game probably

#104 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

I don't see why everyone doesn't just call for a rollback.

Sigh....it's sad to see so much hate.... this is why you can't have nice things.

tumblr_mb22wj8TfW1qd8qcdo1_500.gif

Edited by AmiiMii, 12 August 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#105 RainbowMamba

RainbowMamba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:43 AM

Just so you know that "he" never gave out DNA to this "certain" guild or "who knows what else" the only thing given to this certain guild was for working for it and they were never longer than 7-day costumes and yes it does offend people while you indirectly target out a guild and a certain GM because it is clearly obvious which guild you're talking about when the names are all over the forums right now.

PS: That GM who has "coincidentally" housed an alt in this certain guild had placed Alt characters in more than 2 guilds in the server, I'm not trying to prove everything you say wrong, I just want to let you know that its a good idea to get your facts straight before you give the server your assumptions in an active hot thread xoxo

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 12 August 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#106 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

Of course I know it wouldn't be fair. If it's that OP that would cause people to go bananas over with, why don't you farm it too?

Do you even know what this pet does?

(Why are even you asking about me in this thread? I didn't farm much waiting for my VIP to expire to use cow.)

Edited by elvenne, 12 August 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#107 ItsFierce

ItsFierce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

The hypocrisy in this post is hilarious. I seem to remember a certain video, of a certain guild, in a certain dungeon, that may or may not have been CoA Normal, where said certain guild had the pleasure of having a certain "GM" who decided it's perfectly fine to, say, 2 shot Aromine for half hp to help a certain guild (just a hypothetical scenario. I am just making assumptions NOT accusations, since I never specifically point out which is which and who is who.) <---- lol.
History repeats itself, indeed.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 12 August 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#108 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

Do you even know what this pet does?

(Why are even you asking about me in this thread? I didn't farm much waiting for my VIP to expire to use cow.)

It stuns for 3 seconds periodically. A better version of Executor Undead

#109 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

Also another thing--

game-masters should have never revealed themselves on their alts.

It is rule number one of any game.

#110 AppSpin

AppSpin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

And yes, I know that Eremes DNA is quite valuable due to the distance and time consuming it is to reach from beginning to end just to farm him. But it is only reasonable of the DNA is bound and not tradeable. I understand the outrage that this is causing but you guys are taking your rage to a new level.

Sorry to snipe away from the relevance of your post Kuro, but I'm betting 99% of us in this thread have hopped on the bugged kafra flight service and instantly got the gratification of landing at Eremes, because when the community finds a bug they personally find favorable, they tend not to mind so much when its overlooked.

Admittedly, this has nothing to do with the thread, and perhaps its the wrong kind of flame bait to be throwing into the fire right now with tensions high, but all the same found it worth saying.

As far as the environment of the game; I've seen it mentioned over and over how it feels similar to a private server. And well, yeah, the localization is just rebuffed and translated content attempting to plaster together an acceptable MMO from the takings of original content, with a team familiarizing themselves with it on too fast of a weekly basis to maintain.

Quite honestly, they could learn a thing or two from the pirated MMO community as well if they wish to save the financial and commercial face of the game. Anyone whose run privates, or worked on an MMO knows how hilariously bad the team in charge of balancing the cash shop is doing in terms of what they could be pulling in micro-transactions, especially with Steam Wallet support.

As it stands, it seems like a rush to push out the Kafra rotation to keep it fresh so that the money doesn't dry up, but maintained catalogs of backlogged items tend to help push down the in-game economy spikes on these 'limited' items, as well as increase the -amount- purchased per user, unless somebody has a really bad gambling addiction and no sense of judgment. Its so bad it makes me dizzy at times to the point I wish they hired Canadians abroad just so I could etch-a-sketch away all these mistakes from the President down, no offense to those who knowledgeably can do their job; you've simply been been given piss from Seoul and told to fill it full of sugar and sell us the America lemonade.

I'm well aware of how high and mighty I sound like I've got the golden know-it-all stick sometimes when I post, but bluntly put before a career change that isn't nearly as frustrating, I did, and do, sadly I just wish I could play an mmo and chill without feeling like it was my problem, so I'm sad to see this state of affairs where I landed.

#111 Bnyboy

Bnyboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

now i know there are some players / guild are easily became so rich and has many rare 3 slotted costumes. this game really broken 

#112 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:15 AM

Sorry to snipe away from the relevance of your post Kuro, but I'm betting 99% of us in this thread have hopped on the bugged kafra flight service and instantly got the gratification of landing at Eremes, because when the community finds a bug they personally find favorable, they tend not to mind so much when its overlooked.

Admittedly, this has nothing to do with the thread, and perhaps its the wrong kind of flame bait to be throwing into the fire right now with tensions high, but all the same found it worth saying.

That bug's been fixed for quite a while.. you probably haven't tried it in a longgg time

#113 Somewhere

Somewhere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

It still works you just have to relog after

#114 AppSpin

AppSpin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:20 AM

That bug's been fixed for quite a while.. you probably haven't tried it in a longgg time

I actually didn't bother with it since my guild ran fully for gear to fill out a spreadsheet for RHD drops(primarily Hazard & Fury Jeiwatch) and potential cards. I just found it funny that it isn't exactly cried havoc about since it was so wonderfully useful to everyone.

#115 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:38 AM

In Conclusion: (from this 5 pages)

- Njoror should make a public apologize thread about killing CoA (N) bosses for certain guilds/teams.

- Njoror should give to everyone that Kimono costume or whatever the costume he gave to that players OR remove those costumes from those players and also a public apologize about it.

- Njoror should give to everyone "X" nº of Eremes DNA Fragments OR remove all those Eremes DNA Fragments that "iRO2GM" gave to those players, regardless if they got that pet, and also, public apologize about it.

- LordKratos is a great cartoonist.

- Zaridragonfly almost made me cry.

- AmiiMii should be the new VM13 or VMAmi, whatever.

- Njoror is the "bad apple" on WP (or some iRO2GM) didn't get who's "he"

- Zanbee is a sexy asian girl.

- Vau should stop trolling/hating/flaming/posting every thread on this forum.

That's all?

:gawi:

#116 DanielleAlly

DanielleAlly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCh10 Alberta, near AH coconut trees

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:54 AM

Just so you know that "he" never gave out DNA to this "certain" guild or "who knows what else" the only thing given to this certain guild was for working for it and they were never longer than 7-day costumes and yes it does offend people while you indirectly target out a guild and a certain GM because it is clearly obvious which guild you're talking about when the names are all over the forums right now.

PS: That GM who has "coincidentally" housed an alt in this certain guild had placed Alt characters in more than 2 guilds in the server, I'm not trying to prove everything you say wrong, I just want to let you know that its a good idea to get your facts straight before you give the server your assumptions in an active hot thread xoxo

First of all, GM(s) shouldn't be given the permission to have alt character(s), even if s/he wants to enjoy the game like everybody else, s/he should do it privately without telling anyone that s/he is a GM in the first place. 

Secondly, if the RUMORS about the free stuff(s) weren't true, why would these group of people get so defensive? 

Just so you know, I never said "he" gave out the DNA to this/that "certain" guild. Let me just repeat what I have said, "members of that certain group"; the keyword is group that was being referred to in this thread, not guild. 

Besides, why does this certain guild get special treatment by getting so-called "work"-related opportunities from this "GM" and these "work"-related offers are not opened to the rest of the community?

The question here is, "Why must it be this certain guild?" 

The hypocrisy in this post is hilarious. I seem to remember a certain video, of a certain guild, in a certain dungeon, that may or may not have been CoA Normal, where said certain guild had the pleasure of having a certain "GM" who decided it's perfectly fine to, say, 2 shot Aromine for half hp to help a certain guild (just a hypothetical scenario. I am just making assumptions NOT accusations, since I never specifically point out which is which and who is who.) <---- lol.
History repeats itself, indeed.

I am not denying the fact that "he" hit Aromine twice during our run, but bear in mind that it was not just the members from HouséBunny who were in the raid, there were few other members from different guilds; who knows what "he" was doing there and who "he" was doing it for?

And if only you have been following that video closely, when we said hi to "him", he didn't bother replying us as he was busy talking to another raid member(s) from another guild.  

Normally, when someone say hi to you, you'd say hi in return, whether you know him/her or not its out from the picture. Its a basic courtesy to greet back.

Just another hypothetical scenario, Group A and Group B are in the same location. When Manager C pops in to visit, Group A greeted Manager C first but Manager C ignored them. So when Group B greeted Manager C, Manager C replied to Group B. What does this hypothetical scenario show? 

One word : Bias

#117 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

Two days ago, people complain about the Kimono and Zanbee ridiculed those people for whining about a untradable-cosmetic-useless costume and she said that that's all they are/will be giving - a useless cosmetic item that expires in 7days.

Now she's deleting my post.

Zanbee also mentioned in another thread that those Kimonos will be able to be extended. pretty sweet huh

#118 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:55 AM

All CMs should be fired. All free OP items we know and don't know about must be deleted.

And still, I'm not sure whether it will help restore the community's faith.

#119 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Server:ROII - Odin

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

Don't give little kids GM. This feels like a corrupted private server now. Thank god I left so long ago. I regret the hundreds I put in this game.

#120 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

I don't think giving everyone a piece of Eremes DNA is anyg good, that's a sloppy fix to the problem. We know that nobody here is praising their actions or condoning them, and they're honestly feeling timid to post any more in this thread due to the people dropping f-bombs and sarcastic comments everywhere (seriously guys, stop it, grow up). I'm trying really hard to turn a blind eye to this and hope that the GMs have learned a big, big lesson here (don't give out free crap or meddle in the affairs of players unless it's an event) because I am really enjoying the DNA system at the moment The best solution to it is to get over this mourning and pray the GMs learned never to even think about doing this again as it has now been exposed to the masses.

Your reputation is not in a good spot right now. Pull it again after a public bashing like this and you can certainly say goodbye to a massive chunk of your playerbase.

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 12 August 2013 - 02:11 AM.

#121 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

The worst thing is the CMs don't even have any feeling of remorse, they think they didn't do anything wrong and that it's just the community being spoilt and complaining about their "innocent" unannounced gifts. 

#122 ItsFierce

ItsFierce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

First of all, GM(s) shouldn't be given the permission to have alt character(s), even if s/he wants to enjoy the game like everybody else, s/he should do it privately without telling anyone that s/he is a GM in the first place. 

Secondly, if the RUMORS about the free stuff(s) weren't true, why would these group of people get so defensive? 

Just so you know, I never said "he" gave out the DNA to this/that "certain" guild. Let me just repeat what I have said, "members of that certain group"; the keyword is group that was being referred to in this thread, not guild. 

Besides, why does this certain guild get special treatment by getting so-called "work"-related opportunities from this "GM" and these "work"-related offers are not opened to the rest of the community?

The question here is, "Why must it be this certain guild?" 

I am not denying the fact that "he" hit Aromine twice during our run, but bear in mind that it was not just the members from HouséBunny who were in the raid, there were few other members from different guilds; who knows what "he" was doing there and who "he" was doing it for?

And if only you have been following that video closely, when we said hi to "him", he didn't bother replying us as he was busy talking to another raid member(s) from another guild.  

Normally, when someone say hi to you, you'd say hi in return, whether you know him/her or not its out from the picture. Its a basic courtesy to greet back.

Just another hypothetical scenario, Group A and Group B are in the same location. When Manager C pops in to visit, Group A greeted Manager C first but Manager C ignored them. So when Group B greeted Manager C, Manager C replied to Group B. What does this hypothetical scenario show? 

One word : Bias

Never was good at using forums...too lazy to figure out how to quote only the section I'm referring to.

It's not about for whom or why, it's just that you're "making a case" about said GM corruption when you yourself are a recipient are a beneficiary of said corruption.

It's hard to take a hypocrite seriously. It's like listening to a speech about the importance of honesty from a guy who embezzles money. Doesn't make sense.

There's no need to deflect blame. What's done is done.

Edited by ItsFierce, 12 August 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#123 DanielleAlly

DanielleAlly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • LocationCh10 Alberta, near AH coconut trees

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:15 AM

The worst thing is the CMs don't even have any feeling of remorse, they think they didn't do anything wrong and that it's just the community being spoilt and complaining about their "innocent" unannounced gifts. 

I agree.

If it was some bug, they could put the blame on the development team. But all these community bias issues should stop. 

#124 redteasoul

redteasoul

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

Why you did not tell us early? I waste 3 hours for that DNA and got nothing. I really like that pet. Could you do something make us feel better?

#125 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:16 AM

So my post quoting Jay Choi and calling for transparency from authority was deleted.

Stay cowardly WarpPortal. Not like you can dig this hole any deeper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users