[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit - Page 13 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[Classic] USRC Zeny Exploit

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#301 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

@Ascend
Ja komm vorbei, wir machen bissl pvp unso :)

@Topic
I would like an open investigation. However I feel good to see that it's going on. And yay dbl exp/drop for a week :D

#302 MANWAY

MANWAY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

However, depending on how this whole story goes - and I really would like an open investigation for this whole mess - I may come back to Classic as a paying customer, even if by then the server only consists of bots and maybe 5 playing people, lol.

See that's just the thing: they have been doing a far better job banning the bots recently.  Before this USRC zeny mess I was so satisfied with the progress that the GM team is making to be in congruence with the player requests/demands/wishes.  I went into Geffen dungeon a few days ago and to my surpise I found a ton of live poison spores by the entrance and ... wait for it ... no bots! ~gasp~  That was the first time I have ever been on that map (on this server) that I didn't see any bots and I've been on that map 100+ times.

And once they clean everything up with this USRC zeny exploit I think a lot of people will finally either come to or come back to the server.  In my opinion the underlying reason everyone left was that they didn't want to put a lot of time or a lot of money into something that didn't pay off for them.  Things like bots and now this USRC zeny exploit take a toll on peoples' motivation to try to accomplish anything because they know in the back of their minds that the people doing these illegitamate things will accomplish just as much (maybe more :() with far less effort.  So the question everyone needs to ask themselves then becomes: why would I spend my time farming zeny and/or spend my money buying WPE and selling it (or KP) for zeny if someone else can get away with doing the same thing with no money or time spent?  Maybe the answer to that question for some people leads them to make one or more bots too because they see how many other bots there are on the server that "get away with it."

By the way this is why communism doesn't work too :)  Who wants to keep working hard (be active on the server) while people who aren't working hard (botting or USRC zeny exploiting) get the same reward?  Is it not easier just to do nothing rather than something if you will be compensated the same either way?

#303 MANWAY

MANWAY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

if your account is not under investigation then the zeny you recieved is legit. alot of people i know got b& and had nothing to do with the exploits, so i assume they tracking every single corners and cracks.

Thank God =)

#304 Irreparable

Irreparable

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

The problem with the bots is the community, apparently.

While some of us want those damn bots gone, others say "Let them stay, I'm too lazy to farm my own supplies when the bots are gone!" which also is a argument that Oda has brought up a couple of times.

In my opinion I would rather have those bots and the lazy people leave then let them both stay and let them continue to drive away potential new players.

#305 MANWAY

MANWAY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

In my opinion I would rather have those bots and the lazy people leave then let them both stay and let them continue to drive away potential new players.

Agreed.  Should we be rewarding laziness?  The people who are too lazy to farm their own supplies simply won't have them and it will cause them to have a harder time winning in the short term.  Therefore transitively speaking they are too lazy to win at the root of it all. 

And I think what would ultimately happen in the long term is that those people would be nudged to not be lazy so that they can still win :)  Winning drives people to do things, but if they don't need to do things and they can still win, then why would they do things? :P  Why are there are people and families that are on welfare generation after generation?

Maybe people abused USRC zeny because they felt that the bots could get away with earning zeny for nothing it so why not them too I suppose.  Everything trickles down at the end of the day.  Bad behavior must be punished and good behavior must be rewarded.  Otherwise people will stop behaving well and start behaving poorly.

#306 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

Pretty sure if RO was a communist state, botters would be executed without trial or something.

#307 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

or praised for their initiative

#308 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

I'm just thinking how I should have abused that exploit. I'm being punished enough for making trades within the community now, if I'd abused it at least I would have had some fun first.

Like seriously, what does not cheating get you? Dicked over and beaten by cheaters anyway! Woooooooooooooo

#309 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

While some of us want those damn bots gone, others say "Let them stay, I'm too lazy to farm my own supplies when the bots are gone!" which also is a argument that Oda has brought up a couple of times.

Its the dumbest argument I've heard. This game is all about hard work to get far.... and our very own GM makes an argument for bots because some people are lazy? My god. I've been playing Ragnarok since 2003 beta and have been a paying customer for a long time, I've seen this game from the start to where it is at now (with a 6 year hiatus from 07-13)

So renewal is new to me. I have never seen so many bots in my life in renewal. I cannot BELIEVE they still have open registration. Like really? The GMs need to crack down on these bots. I had to send in multiple tickets to get the bots in BATHORIES banned and it took forever. What is the point of having an EDEN QUEST board for a place filled with bots. Oh, I am almost forced to KS bots so I can get to 30 bathories? What the hell? Not only that, but when I made 3 tickets to get my missing characters back that is now gone from 10 year old account... I was essentially ignored after the third time. It isn't as big as a deal now with renewal being much easier to level. (Lets face it, leveling is a joke if know what it was like back in 07 and before biolabs/thors.

I mean this is just absurd. There needs to be some serious change to how registration (or banning) works. I am so sick of seeing masses of bots, luckily I figured out how to get rid of the spam. Its just ridiculous really.

As a returning veteran, I am extremely sad at the current state of renewal, its hard for me to imagine what classic is like.

#310 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

I don't recall putting forth that argument, or anything similar to that. 

#311 Easton

Easton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Shots fired!

#312 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

Pretty sure Heim offhandedly said something like that at one point and it's been taken out of context for literally years since. Lmao

#313 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

When will this exploit thing be done with the gms?

#314 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

We are working to get the accounts that did the release eligible accounts taken care of today. 

#315 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Server:Chaos/Clandestine Society

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

We are working to get the accounts that did the release eligible accounts taken care of today. 

Woohoo thank you very much, am hoping this applies to players who are on chaos and dont even have characters on classic.

#316 AMzobud

AMzobud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Oh look, I got banned because a guildy traded me on the USRC ground.

I didn't jack zenny, I didn't jack gear, I didn't jack supplies.

Yet I'm still banned.

#317 Yumi

Yumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

A loyal customer who played this game for almost 10 years got banned, that had never done any illegit things in the past that had never entered the USRC map.

For a new player who starts with little gears & zeny that got banned, it’s easy to start over again, when it happens to players who own god items/mvp cards/mini boss cards, if could cause them lots of concerns and worries without any announcements or quick responds, please check my ticket No. 13E-19B0E66C-0146

In my case, this becomes very complicated to my account, and I would like to hear some explanations from GM Team.

I am a guild leader who runs lot of PVM, such as high tier MVP (Beelzebub, Ifrit, Thanatos  Phantom, Valkyrie Randgris, Biolab3 MVPS) and Endless tower runs every single day.

1.       I pick up all the loots

2.       I record them on a excel sheet with date, items that dropped and party members name

3.       I vend them (items are under 99m)or sell them (as a trade)(items are over 99m)

4.       I pay off the party members once the items are sold

5.       I delete the items and party members name from my spread sheet after they get paid

I assumed someone who abused this bug that may has purchased something from my shop or trades, which could cause me banned. If this is the case, I want to know how you guys are going to deal with it and what will happen to my account?

1.       Return the items back to my account?

2.       Remove the zeny from my account that may gain from illgeit buyer?

3.       Return all the zeny I have paid off to all the party members back to my account?

4.       And I have to re-sell all those items again after the market is safe?

5.       But my spread sheet is gone after paid people, then it will end up I will have no idea who I need to pay later

6.       If you guys end up not returning the zeny I have paid off for party members to my account, which may cause me lose huge amount zeny like 10b+, who is going to cover this? Why would an innocent player get punished by this USRC ZENY EXPLOIT BUG?

7.       If you guys gonna roll back to a certain point, but I may have found a high tier item during this period(such as a mvp card) from a real monster on a real map without a screen shot, would I lose it? I barely take screen shot in this game; it causes me 5 sec deletes.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to hear back from you.

Edited by Yumi, 28 August 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#318 aying24

aying24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:01 AM

been away for weeks now and i didn't know something is going on inside classic server, hope my accounts are still ok not bann for not being on...haha GL y'all

#319 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

I'm right there with you Yumi, good luck.

#320 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

What if the culprit used the said earned zenies to buy tons of goods (stuff that are in the 90M ranges). They then dropped them for porings to loot and then use another account or have a friend with another IP address pick up the loot by killing the porings. They do this say 10 times. Can you guys still track this?

#321 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

We still track dropped goods so you'd do a map search for that time period and see those items get picked up by someone else. Also a bit of a crapshoot because the porings easily overwrite the stuff they pick up when they get new stuff so the likelyhood of item loss goes up by a lot. 

#322 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

Oda, will you extend the double exp so those of us who are actually suffering from this will get to use it? ._.

Also losing vip time =/

Edited by Xellie, 28 August 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#323 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

You have your work cut out then. Checking all the maps, especially the more hidden maps that people forget about... For a month long period. That is a -_-ton of work

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 28 August 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#324 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

A loyal customer who played this game for almost 10 years got banned, that had never done any illegit things in the past that had never entered the USRC map.

For a new player who starts with little gears & zeny that got banned, it’s easy to start over again, when it happens to players who own god items/mvp cards/mini boss cards, if could cause them lots of concerns and worries without any announcements or quick responds, please check my ticket No. 13E-19B0E66C-0146

In my case, this becomes very complicated to my account, and I would like to hear some explanations from GM Team.

I am a guild leader who runs lot of PVM, such as high tier MVP (Beelzebub, Ifrit, Thanatos  Phantom, Valkyrie Randgris, Biolab3 MVPS) and Endless tower runs every single day.

1.       I pick up all the loots

2.       I record them on a excel sheet with date, items that dropped and party members name

3.       I vend them (items are under 99m)or sell them (as a trade)(items are over 99m)

4.       I pay off the party members once the items are sold

5.       I delete the items and party members name from my spread sheet after they get paid

I assumed someone who abused this bug that may has purchased something from my shop or trades, which could cause me banned. If this is the case, I want to know how you guys are going to deal with it and what will happen to my account?

1.       Return the items back to my account?

2.       Remove the zeny from my account that may gain from illgeit buyer?

3.       Return all the zeny I have paid off to all the party members back to my account?

4.       And I have to re-sell all those items again after the market is safe?

5.       But my spread sheet is gone after paid people, then it will end up I will have no idea who I need to pay later

6.       If you guys end up not returning the zeny I have paid off for party members to my account, which may cause me lose huge amount zeny like 10b+, who is going to cover this? Why would an innocent player get punished by this USRC ZENY EXPLOIT BUG?

7.       If you guys gonna roll back to a certain point, but I may have found a high tier item during this period(such as a mvp card) from a real monster on a real map without a screen shot, would I lose it? I barely take screen shot in this game; it causes me 5 sec deletes.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to hear back from you.

Please PM me your ticket number I am processing many users every day. I want to get all the innocent users that were caught up back into the game.

#325 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Please PM me your ticket number I am processing many users every day. I want to get all the innocent users that were caught up back into the game.

I was unbanned in under an hour, pretty good work for a change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users