Merging both servers - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Merging both servers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#51 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Merge the servers, Add [D] or [L] to the character names. Problem solved.

#52 Cracker

Cracker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • LocationLess QQ more PewPew
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

Actually you only need to tag the Draco players.  Leonis is the original server so the server and players within should get the prefrence.  I don't think you need to merge if the problem is people queing for instances.   Not sure how all the other games do it but most have cross server instances to eliminate or at least cut down on the wait time.

#53 katryn

katryn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationEstonia
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Actually you only need to tag the Draco players.  Leonis is the original server so the server and players within should get the prefrence.

Perfectly good reasoning... NOT.

#54 aboodmohd

aboodmohd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUAE

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

actually the D and L tags would be stupid..

what about the new players that would join the game, which tag would they have?...

and  i agree on "Force to change name" thing  :p_smile:

#55 100002305997764

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Just. Dont.

#56 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Guess some of you haven't read the whole thing because if you have, someone IE: ME, said the new players would just have regular names.  And why not?  There are so many reasons why the servers SHOULD be merged than why it shouldn't.  Someone give me a list of reason why the servers shouldn't merge and I guarentee you I (or someone else) could outweigh it with reasons why the server should.  Dare you...

#57 ScrappyCat

ScrappyCat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Please don't merge! If people want a crowded server then move to Draconis. Personally, I enjoy farming and soloing without crowds.

#58 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Put an invisible character Infront of each draconis name

#59 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Server:siren

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Put an invisible character Infront of each draconis name

so how would you whisper this char?

#60 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

The only way to solve it would be to make everyone namechange when they log on, so your characters don't have names and you get a free namechange.
First one to choose the name that is. But to be honest, most don't have the same names, unless it's ex. My own character in two servers hence why I choose the same name on both or so. But it's probably more complicated than the name issue.

#61 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

If possible they could do what RO2 did and "Reserve" names of one server for x amount of time, once that times up the name is a free for all to get.

#62 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yea I was thinking something like that Zurn.
We would need some Cm / gm or w/e to view this thread and give an actual reason for why it's not done, because no matter how much we discuss.. the OP won't get closure til a developer actually responds.

#63 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Genesis and Leonis have both responded to these threads before. Just saying, it has been responded to, they're simply waiting to see [1] if it is possible with the current hardware [2] if the community could really handle it, and if they reall want it enough for long enough.

#64 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

actually the D and L tags would be stupid..

what about the new players that would join the game, which tag would they have?...

and  i agree on "Force to change name" thing  :p_smile:

The D and L tags could only be applied to characters with the same name which are on both servers. These characters could also get a free account bound name change coupon on said account. New characters and characters which are exclusive to one server wouldn't change names.

#65 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

What up with all the D and L tags, just get everyone a forced name change upon login, that's the fairest way.

#66 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

What up with all the D and L tags, just get everyone a forced name change upon login, that's the fairest way.

Only for name conflicts anyway, or else people will just steal names to scam others.  I still think who ever had the name first keeps it, and the other account will just have to use a free name change. 

#67 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

It's not really stealing a name when nobody is using it, therefor it's fair to give everyone a forced name change, this is less work for the Dev team, otherwise they will have to look through all of the accounts, dates & possibly namechange (dates) and look who had their name first....

#68 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Everyone is looking too much at the name change.  There are too many solutions for that.  The developers probably want other topics be discussed as in how will you all deal with the economy or why do we think that merging the servers would bring more players.  Right now if they were to look at this thread, they would probably turn the other head because no one is having any interesting reasoning for merging the server....come on people.

Edited by turnermanxi, 08 September 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#69 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Merging the servers is one of the solutions to fix the Economy.. as I stated before, both servers have their own economy and when they are combined into 1 server the players of Leonis & Draconis will have to compete with eachother

in order to sell their items at a much fairer rate, the prices will probably drop since Leonis market is too Overpriced.

and btw there have been quite alot of people stating their reasons to merge the servers, it looks like you didn't read everything in the topic...

*Merging the servers will give the game a much more*Packed* look, for now the game looks dead since there is nobody around except for junon etc.

*Economy will probably drop

*More people to play with (Game Arena, Clan wars, Training grounds)

Edited by djilano, 08 September 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#70 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

OK Let's really get this thing pinned down.

The best way to get this topic to be fully discussed and decided on will be by

• Talking the pro's / benefits of merging the two servers [Draconis] & [Leonis]
  • Talking about the con's / negatives of merging.
  • What does it all mean
  • How does it work
  • What type of problems could occur

And finally the question for the community itself to answer

"Why people want / don't want the merge"

So first up~ 

What would the pro's / benefits be of merging the two live servers?

The most obvious up is population.

Spoiler

The next would be exploration

Spoiler

Then we have Game Arenas

Spoiler

Items

Spoiler

Community Support

Spoiler

Ok So what about the con's

Limited Space

Spoiler

Economic Crash

Spoiler

Over supply and zully pooling

Spoiler

Moving on.

"What does it all mean?"

Merging the server really means exactly that. Taking the database files of two servers, and dumping them both into 1 "container" so to say. 

"How does it work?"

Spoiler

"What type of problems could occur?"

If done correctly nothing, everything would have back-ups and fail safes to ensure that even if an issue arises, there is an original or replacement on hand that functions correctly. Essentially a massive Ctrl + Z shortcut for the whole operation.

If done incorrectly, complete and total failure up to the entire ROSE online game being shut down do to total data loss.

So Now it's really up to the community to contribute their ideas of Pro's Con's and if it should be performed or not. So let the CM's and Developers know, what's your stance and why. 

Hope this helps, not just with clearing up any questions people may have [heck even I have questions about it]. I just want to be a thorough as possible, as I do support a merge myself, but I also support ROSE staying playable, fun and of course online. Also, none of this is quoted from a developers, it's my take on it all, from personal and professional experiences in the field and my observations over many years with the game. Some of this may be wrong and I might not even know it. Structures for the servers could be different, files could be stored in different manners etc. The only people who really know are the people who run those things. 

But it's not about facts, it's about your's, my and the community's stance on it. The only facts that matter are the outcomes. Cheers.

@Genesis: Acknowledged. 

Edited by Feuer, 08 September 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#71 iEATcupcakes

iEATcupcakes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Locationcupcake LAND

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm not sure if someone asked this already, but how about making a poll thread?

#72 Stachola

Stachola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

I'm not sure if someone asked this already, but how about making a poll thread?

I don't think a poll is necessary. Majority have already stated they would like a server merge.

#73 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Basically, the devs know our wants and concerns.  They wanted the pros and cons about it which if you look back through this thread that has been posted.  They can't do it tomorrow or anything.  They actually said they have discussed it and are looking at the different aspects of it.  They will either get the database fixed up some and then maybe be able to do it, or not.  It will be a decision that they will make one way or the other.  And I don't think it will be based on how hard or easy it is, it will be based on what is good to progress the game, whether or not it is good for Rose and what the players all want.  

#74 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

Everywant wants the D

on their names.

huehuehuehue

ifyouknowwhatimean

#75 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Merging the servers is one of the solutions to fix the Economy.. as I stated before, both servers have their own economy and when they are combined into 1 server the players of Leonis & Draconis will have to compete with eachother

in order to sell their items at a much fairer rate, the prices will probably drop since Leonis market is too Overpriced.

and btw there have been quite alot of people stating their reasons to merge the servers, it looks like you didn't read everything in the topic...

*Merging the servers will give the game a much more*Packed* look, for now the game looks dead since there is nobody around except for junon etc.

*Economy will probably drop

*More people to play with (Game Arena, Clan wars, Training grounds)

Does not work that way at all. If both servers merged and one presume that Leonis's vendor will follow suit with Draco's Prices and thus balancing the economy, then one is looking fairy high upon Draco vendors. No one seemed to think that Draco vendors can also raise their prices to match existing Leo prices in order to make more money. Even if both sides reaches the middle range between the Highest - Lowest price, Draco will still end up paying more for an item and Leo will be paying less. 

In this situation, no doubt Leonis vendors will be making less, but making making less does not mean loss . Its still profit, just lesser. If this really comes to reality, rich Leonis players will be spending alot lesser in grabbing stocks and thus monopolying the market and in the end, market prices will raise again. 

Before really thinking about Merging servers, I hope WP have an effective way of Zulie draining on both servers. Balance out the ratio between total amount of Zulies in one server to the nearest possibly percentage in the other before merging them. What we need is a competitive market, not a wholesale massacre. Merging both servers blindly now will result in a massacre. 

We may be enjoying more benefits from companionship and GA buddies, but in the long run we will all be consumed by the market. While some of you are busy having fun with new friends, many will fail to realised the threat approaching from behind. Think twice really before even going that far and suggest all those possible changes. If servers merging are unavoidable, then we should plan it out more carefully from different angles, In-Game and Out alike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users