Disable or Enable Pets in Colosseum? - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable or Enable Pets in Colosseum?

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#76 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

I'd have to say Assassin (with 3/3 Hiding) is the best class in colo due to moving around very fast and plonking pets in the middle of people, then running away. As for without pets.. you really think Knight/Warrior is better than Assassin in a PvP situation? o_O

#77 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yup Assassin can attack from hide after every death doing some good damage and out of hide they can choose when to fight or flight being one of the most mobile attackers in the game.

As for power rank in Colo specifically tanks usually work together so Assassin really isnt a problem for them. Ive fought sins who bested me one on one but overall tanks(warrior and knight really) make it to round 5 more.

#78 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

I'd have to say Assassin (with 3/3 Hiding) is the best class in colo due to moving around very fast and plonking pets in the middle of people, then running away. As for without pets.. you really think Knight/Warrior is better than Assassin in a PvP situation? o_O

Hiding lvl 3? Gotta be kidding me... Hiding Exceed too? xDDDDDDDDD

Yup Assassin can attack from hide after every death doing some good damage and out of hide they can choose when to fight or flight being one of the most mobile attackers in the game.

What? that's new for me bro can you teach me how to hide after a death on colo?. Don't disappoint me Haboob.

#79 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Just spam your hide key before you are ressurected, i thought you knew this?

#80 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

It's a terrible bug that needs to be fixed. I'm tired of people hiding from me and I'm a sin. FIGHT ME! RAWR!

Also I have a speed build Sin. I don't use pets so I suppose it could work for that but in most cases spending points in that tree is a mistake for pvp. There are so many other better skills you can put those points in. The only reason why I have it on mine is my sin was originally meant for farming and getting from one place to another quickly. Speed Sins don't do well in colo because you can't use it out of hide. If you could, that'd be a different story.

Also I do agree, just because you have a pet doesn't mean you're going to win. It just makes it easier. Just the other day, someone tried to use Embus on me and I killed them even when they were far and I was frozen. You could just imagine the evil laugh of victory that came from me. XD!

But Embus is broken. It can actually fully lock you out for the entire time it's out because if it stays near you, it can refresh your freeze and you're stuck again. Being stuck for 30seconds in colo is too long and too OP. Plus when frozen you're just Sorc food on a platter. Frozen melee has next to no chance. At least with ranged you might be able to kill a few things before you die in most cases. You can even get away from Eremes well enough because there's at least a 1 second break that maybe you can get away from however it is more disabling.

Anyways I'm against Pets all the way in colo no matter what. If it's for balancing classes then find some other way. Premades need to be stopped by fixing the Queue which is LONG over due. Besides what's stopping premades from using pets against you too? Nothing. Pets need to go.

#81 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Bug was fixed 2 patches ago.

#82 Inquisitore

Inquisitore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAmbasciata Akkyliana a Cadwallon

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

Well maybe for Thief/Assassin ... Ranger can still do it.

#83 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

Worked yesterday on my thief.

#84 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

I say, ban the pets. They're hella cheese when you think about it. Colo goes out of its way to standardize stats to keep the "balance," yet allows overpowered pets to run a muck. Pets, much like Colo premades, take all the fun out of Colo, making it a showcase for those who own the higher tier pets, to show off their toys. If the reasoning behind standardized stats is to give lower levels a fighting chance, then what does allowing a rich player to flex his money muscles with his eremes pet do for that newer player trying to farm points? That player will just totally obliterate said lower level player

#85 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Still works.

Disable pets. Them Imverses/Undeads/Eremes are troublesome to deal with

#86 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

Disable Colo. problem solved. 

#87 foxfight

foxfight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:RE:START Odin

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Hiding bug still works... Although it seems to be more finicky now?

Disable pets in colo. It requires zero skill to purchase DNA in AH and then spam one or two buttons. Colo was built to "even the playing fields" for all classes and allowing pets inside those gates is the antithesis of "balance" and "skill". It's bad enough that I can make it to round 5 on my level 25 archer with relatively zero effort and have to pump buff food, speed pots, and master reds on my level 50 rogue (but let's save that for another thread). I can tolerate that because it makes the game challenging.

However, it is not challenging to face off with imverse and ermes. It's game over.

This needs to change as soon as possible. It is a real shame that the colo burning event has occurred while this is going on.

#88 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

The red head makes some valid points.

#89 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Why aren't people talking about Moonlight and Vador? They hit pretty damn hard with their AoEs and basic attacks. Imagine a Crescentia in Colosseum with one. They have a beastly Attack Power in there, so imagine the pain one of those two pets would bring. Even my Warrior has killed a ton of people with my Moonlight Flower in one swipe before.

#90 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Why aren't people talking about Moonlight and Vador? They hit pretty damn hard with their AoEs and basic attacks. Imagine a Crescentia in Colosseum with one. They have a beastly Attack Power in there, so imagine the pain one of those two pets would bring. Even my Warrior has killed a ton of people with my Moonlight Flower in one swipe before.

I can't even begin to imagine the kind of havoc they would wreak once those pets hit even level 2. From what I can tell from the other pets, each level increases damage by 2 fold. That's pretty sick, especially Moonlight AoE.

#91 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Tested it yesterday, is just crap dude, that explain how i lost some colosseum's by rangers. Gonna take care of them since now on and about that bug, i won't do that, is not my style...Thanks for the info tho.

Edit:

About the topic:

Well yesterday i faced a Colo with a strong monk, dunno if call his name here, somehow i knew he was going to reach final round with me, we both with pump it up hard and stuff and even with pet it was impossible to 1 vs 1 or 2 vs1 him, kinda OP really... a monk with speed elixir and pump it up hard is someone to fear. This just means how broken are the class balance, i keep my word about pets on Colo.

Edited by Vau, 18 September 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#92 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Pets were never supposed to be disabled in colo.  Pets were not avail in colo because developers in Korea couldn't get them to work properly at first.  They fixed this before releasing the pet system in iRO.  Pets were always supposed to be available in colo.

I like my pets in colo.  If you see a pet, that will harm you (embus), GTFO of there.  I run when I see embus or mermaid, and don't get hit by them.  Players not being able to react fast enough or not able to see a pet summon doesn't mean that feature should be removed.

Equal? LOL  only stats and hp are "equalized."  Players can do many things to get an advantage.  Colo gear for ~15% dmg increase/decrease, use pots for more survivability, farm pets to assist them... These options are open to everyone that wants to use them.  Time is money, whether P2W or F2P.  If you want that advantage, you gotta pay for it in time (grinding) or money (buy it).

#93 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

Pets were never supposed to be disabled in colo.  Pets were not avail in colo because developers in Korea couldn't get them to work properly at first.  They fixed this before releasing the pet system in iRO.  Pets were always supposed to be available in colo.

I like my pets in colo.  If you see a pet, that will harm you (embus), GTFO of there.  I run when I see embus or mermaid, and don't get hit by them.  Players not being able to react fast enough or not able to see a pet summon doesn't mean that feature should be removed.

Equal? LOL  only stats and hp are "equalized."  Players can do many things to get an advantage.  Colo gear for ~15% dmg increase/decrease, use pots for more survivability, farm pets to assist them... These options are open to everyone that wants to use them.  Time is money, whether P2W or F2P.  If you want that advantage, you gotta pay for it in time (grinding) or money (buy it).

Look at this joke of a player here.

#94 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hes correct in later stages of colo you can avoid pets but round 1-3 good luck. Hes correct again in saying the devs though pets would cause crashes so they would be disabed for that reason not balance, gotta love those devs eh.

@Vau Too bad i thought you would try some 3/3 Hiding tactics but iunno i think you need more testing Monks just dont die.

#95 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

MERMAID WARRRRRRS!

Nkuqm2Y.jpg

#96 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

That be a fine 33k you got thar. 

#97 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

That be a fine 33k you got thar. 

When there's nothing else to depend on, there's always Eremes!

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 19 September 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#98 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Losing final round colo because embus freezes you before you're able to last hit a target sure is great!

#99 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

i remember a embus locking me like 1 min rofl

#100 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm about to get Eremes pet, don't even disable them!!!!!!!!!

No sorc/priest will outheal my dps nevermore. :ani_glare:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users