Disable or Enable Pets in Colosseum? - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Disable or Enable Pets in Colosseum?

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#101 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

might just be me being lucky but pets have never really bothered me that much since well, the inception of pets.. mostly it's just mermaids i see.. meh

#102 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

^ shiiiit i retract that statement, i curse you, owners of inverse/embus/imverse of ruin!!!!

i swear i couldve champed just now if it wasnt for that damn stupid ass priest with the pet, fuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

#103 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

If I wanted to play Pokémon Colosseum, I'd fire up my Nintendo instead of logging into RO2.

Disable pets, please.

#104 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

round_One_SRank_Cheap.jpg

Notice that S Rank, with 5 kills, and the fact that I'm in hiding with Shadow Form still activated?  For those non-sins out there, that basically means I spent the entire first round in hiding.  Well, I guess you can think that I went into hiding right after the round ended, but take my word for it, entire first round, hiding.

Know what I used?  A level 3 Mermaid.

Now I'm all for easy victories like this, but I must ask, is it really fair?  Ofc not, please fix.  Until then, I shall enjoy the heck out of making it far in colo without even coming out of hiding~

#105 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Nice S class pet you got there. Some say low star pokemon are weak but if you train your mermaid it can rival even the mightiest 5 star pokemons.

#106 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

round_One_SRank_Cheap.jpg

Notice that S Rank, with 5 kills, and the fact that I'm in hiding with Shadow Form still activated?  For those non-sins out there, that basically means I spent the entire first round in hiding.  Well, I guess you can think that I went into hiding right after the round ended, but take my word for it, entire first round, hiding.

Know what I used?  A level 3 Mermaid.

Now I'm all for easy victories like this, but I must ask, is it really fair?  Ofc not, please fix.  Until then, I shall enjoy the heck out of making it far in colo without even coming out of hiding~

Dat Pink. :3

#107 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

You should change your regional settings back to english.

#108 SolidGold

SolidGold

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

wclt2o.jpg

Dear Zanbee

Ok, maybe pets doesn't cause crashes, but can you (Zanbee), give us assurance that pets in Colosseum do not cause any additional lag issues? Coz I was just at Colosseum with a player who has a Giant Driller pet, every time that pet appears (even though I am far away from its stun radius), I experience terrible lag.

Sincerely yours

Not a noob (I swear!), it was lag.

#109 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:53 PM

Get Pets Out Of Colo. Colo is PVP, which stands for PLAYER VS. PLAYER.

Not PLAYER VS. PET. =_=

#110 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I vote for Disable, though honestly embus hasn't sealed me any victory. The most annoying pet by far would be mermaid for Melee, since it slows them down and they can barely move. As a sorc main however, I simply run around the pets so I am never bothered by pets unless they are dropped in either defense or cloaked, then i summon embus just to level the playing field. 

For the sake of melees longevity, disable them, they have enough trouble as is, and having slow, knockdown, and perma freeze won't help them in the least. Just makes them complain more about range. 

#111 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Get Pets Out Of Colo. Colo is PVP, which stands for PLAYER VS. PLAYER.

Not PLAYER VS. PET. =_=

Pets are a utility of the player. This argument has run it's course. 

They will either remove them, or not. It's out of our hands. Several people have posted complaints about pets that were 100% gung-ho when it was announced they'd be released. And now, because you've fell behind in the farming race you want to bitch and whine because it's "not fair". 

By that logic, it's unfair for various player levels to compete within the same Colosseum, it's unfair to for those who have obtained AoD gear to compete against players with weaker gear, it's unfair to use "Hiding", or "Camouflage" against players who cannot, it's unfair for some players to use Master Red potions when others cannot obtain them, it's unfair to join Colosseum with buffs other than your own, and the list goes on and on. 

There will ALWAYS be an advantage that players will exploit, this isn't the first and it won't be the last. You don't like other players using pets to win? Farm some pets and give them a taste of their own medicine. 

#112 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

By that logic, it's unfair for various player levels to compete within the same Colosseum, it's unfair to for those who have obtained AoD gear to compete against players with weaker gear, it's unfair to use "Hiding", or "Camouflage" against players who cannot, it's unfair for some players to use Master Red potions when others cannot obtain them, it's unfair to join Colosseum with buffs other than your own, and the list goes on and on. 

There will ALWAYS be an advantage that players will exploit, this isn't the first and it won't be the last. You don't like other players using pets to win? Farm some pets and give them a taste of their own medicine. 

Pet is not exactly same as items or level difference. Back in old RO1 days, a lv 99 winning pvp against lv 80 it's not unfair. If you win because of your effort and time sacrifice (like grinding everyday), then it's fair. Problem is same ever since old days on RO1, when pay to win items/equips/whatever come people will throw money for everything... I doubt people who have lv 3 and lv 4 pets actually grind by themselves...

If pet DNAs are bound items, the story will be different. People still complaining, but not as bad as it is now. It's just a matter of people who can play 24/7 vs who can't. Also, being bound items will cause less motivate for people who actually want to compete. Less pets to use, less OP complaining. Look when bound items can be vend regardless bug or not, people start to buy and ready to burn their money. People who want easy money starts to farm them. Pet is same story.

#113 xBombie

xBombie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

pets in raid, pets in woe, pets in colosseum. let's disable them all.

#114 U2v85

U2v85

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLima

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Would be better to completely disable pets system and the only thing that really brought was completely destabilize the game.

#115 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

You wont outheal a sorc whos using embus + wind spells even with an Elder Assassin, you will be perma rooted and shredded to bits. Also it's not just about situations you can control it's more about situations you cannot. Pets in colo do so much backlash to everyone around them any PvP balance is thrown out the window. You can constantly get dotted with pet AoE + snare or stunned by a slew of random pets which turn the game in a chance based cluster-_-.

With that said you are biased, i know you are. Designated DPS classes die, you dont mind dying really in situations you cant control you welcome the choas for higher chances to KS. Pets further favor DPS classes by lowering everyones HP so burst classes can get more kills in. Ive noticed getting more kills is a higher requirement to advance in Colo now instead of a more calculated assement of who and what class to kill.

All tanks BM,War, Knight, Monk have trouble tanking(pet DoT chips until the tank dies) and the kills they do get arent worth a -_- anymore due to the higher kill requirement because of pets. To boot tank classes are all melee without good burst KS moves and constantly suffer heavily from root and slow effects.

The few spammy DPS classes get buffed with pets. Assassin, Sorcerer and Ranger. The sheer amount of possible KS kills these classes are granted due to pets offsets the danger of being accidently effected by a random pet. I constantly see less calulated killer like Priests advance and more random sorcs due to embus.

Colo class top 3 power ranking:

Without pets             With Pets

1. Priest                   1. Sorcerer

2. Sorcerer              2. Ranger

3. Ranger                3. Assassin

4. Warrior                4. Priest

5. Knight                  5. Warrior

6. Assassin              6. Wizard

7. Wizard                 7. Knight

8. Monk                   8. Rogue

9. Rogue                 9. Monk

10. BM                    10. BM

Yeah i made top 10s for funsies but still i wonder which class jumped in rank!

I was thinking if  quote it or not but, you made good points out of it. Even though, i would say that pets are or should help a bit more melee classes than ranged ones, just by the fact that pets are KSing for you. Melees may die more often now with pets, but at the same time, if you have a good star pet or a pet lvl 3-4, it is pretty much KSing for you and makes melees reach higher rounds compared with ranged dps.

I may be wrong and i would like to see a Poll on this, where everybody could vote by class, if their pets helped them to advance on rounds or they are just pissed off  with them. That way we could see real statistics about what class got benefit by  pets and what class didn't.

PS: I totally agree with you that priests got a disadvantage with the implement on pets, i barely see Priests reaching final rounds on my colo.

Back to the topic, if they are not going to disable them off Colo, they should really balance the relation btw the pet and it's damage. It can't be possible that a lvl 4 Poring does 3k+ damage, considering that everyone can get lvl one pet like that, i consider is not fair the % damage gained by pets when they are lvled.

lvl 1 25%    Attack power

lvl 2 50 %    ``

lvl 3 75 %    ``

lvl 4 100%   ``

Pets should never hit more than us, it breaks the sense of having the % damage of PvP sets, at the end, we'll end up KSing by our pets than just by our PvP set + Skills, that makes it more unbalance for everyone, mostly, the ones that already got full PvP set. People will rather to use a Poring lvl 4 than an Eremes lvl 1, just by the fact of KSing.

I'm still confused about pets in Colo. Mixed feelings.

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Vau, 22 September 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#116 aznbabiikatie

aznbabiikatie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Let's look at it this way, do you guys have more fun with pets being around in Colo? If no, then remove it. I mean, why keep something that brings down the level of fun? Imagine as time goes by, the final rounds will be consisting of players who can afford OP pets. Everyone there will be using pets every 25 seconds. I think we all agree that getting stunned/frozen for a long period of time isn't fun; it's stupid. Now multiply the chance of being a victim of these pets by 5 because the 5 other competitor will be using these pets too. The final round will be so stupid if they don't change this. It takes away some of the skills required to play classes.

#117 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

The arguments stop now. I do not want to have to close a useful thread because people cannot keep their bickering out of the thread. If you want to argue with someone, do it over PMs.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 22 September 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#118 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I was thinking if  quote it or not but, you made good points out of it. Even though, i would say that pets are or should help a bit more melee classes than ranged ones, just by the fact that pets are KSing for you. Melees may die more often now with pets, but at the same time, if you have a good star pet or a pet lvl 3-4, it is pretty much KSing for you and makes melees reach higher rounds compared with ranged dps.

Agree.

Actually what matters now is your pets but not your class. If you have some OP pets, you can do very well in colo regardless of your class. 

A sorc can freeze me but not my pet, actually most of the time I survived the VS and the sorc is killed by my lv4 mermaid.

It just created another type of imbalances.

Edited by ChopChopz, 22 September 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#119 Gamdol

Gamdol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I think, in general, pets will always benefit range more than melee for a variety of reasons. While it's hard to say direct correlations between the two, based on use, there are a few somewhat 'direct' comparisons. For the following, consider the use of a melee fighting vs a range, and vice versa.

If a melee person summons a damage pet on a range person, it requires them to get close enough for the pet to go after the right target. This isn't really an issue for most of colo as you can pretty much walk right up to anyone, but in later rounds closing on someone is much more obvious, and generally easier to avoid. Not easy, if multiple people are going for the range person, but if it moves towards a 1v1, the range person can generally keep away from the pet unless the pet is layered with other CC effects.

In contrary, the pet use is a bit inverse for range. Getting into melee range in the early rounds has its own set of risks to get the pet on the correct target. However, in later rounds, if you summon your pet in a more open area, a melee person is forced to close to you and 'aggro' the pet.

These are simply situations where you're using a pet to go after a specific target, as using a pet for random damage (high level mermaids, for instance) has the same kill steal chance for everyone, though range are in a better place to take advantage of pets creating low health targets.

CC pets are more on a class by class basis, where classes without inherent CC can be at the whim of their pet on who to hit. A running target is unlikely to be the target your pet goes on if there's any other people around, for instance. If you have CC already it's much simpler to CC the target, activate your pet, and benefit from chained CC generated by the pet. Sorcerers are in a unique place to take advantage of Embus pet specifically, since they gain double-damage on the frozen targets the pet creates.

Overall, I vote no pet in arena. In most situations they only exaccerbate the disparities in classes that already exist. Any pet you hypothetically have access to, so does everyone else, so using situations where you have access to a pet the opponent doesn't have are frivolous. Having a CC pet doesn't help you close to a target any more than them having the same CC pet helps them generate distance away from a target, etc.

#120 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

I'm first place in Colo, 30 seconds left, wind elixir on deck. RUN LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHING!!! Oh wait, I can't because some rich guy's pet is locking me down and I forgot to buy Merc Treads! Oh noes that Sorc just crit my face off... 2nd place GG thanks for playing Ragnarok 2.

#121 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

^ shiiiit i retract that statement, i curse you, owners of inverse/embus/imverse of ruin!!!!

i swear i couldve champed just now if it wasnt for that damn stupid ass priest with the pet, fuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

^Embus of Ruin should be disabled.

#122 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

I think, in general, pets will always benefit range more than melee for a variety of reasons. While it's hard to say direct correlations between the two, based on use, there are a few somewhat 'direct' comparisons. For the following, consider the use of a melee fighting vs a range, and vice versa.

If a melee person summons a damage pet on a range person, it requires them to get close enough for the pet to go after the right target. This isn't really an issue for most of colo as you can pretty much walk right up to anyone, but in later rounds closing on someone is much more obvious, and generally easier to avoid. Not easy, if multiple people are going for the range person, but if it moves towards a 1v1, the range person can generally keep away from the pet unless the pet is layered with other CC effects.

In contrary, the pet use is a bit inverse for range. Getting into melee range in the early rounds has its own set of risks to get the pet on the correct target. However, in later rounds, if you summon your pet in a more open area, a melee person is forced to close to you and 'aggro' the pet.

These are simply situations where you're using a pet to go after a specific target, as using a pet for random damage (high level mermaids, for instance) has the same kill steal chance for everyone, though range are in a better place to take advantage of pets creating low health targets.

CC pets are more on a class by class basis, where classes without inherent CC can be at the whim of their pet on who to hit. A running target is unlikely to be the target your pet goes on if there's any other people around, for instance. If you have CC already it's much simpler to CC the target, activate your pet, and benefit from chained CC generated by the pet. Sorcerers are in a unique place to take advantage of Embus pet specifically, since they gain double-damage on the frozen targets the pet creates.

Overall, I vote no pet in arena. In most situations they only exaccerbate the disparities in classes that already exist. Any pet you hypothetically have access to, so does everyone else, so using situations where you have access to a pet the opponent doesn't have are frivolous. Having a CC pet doesn't help you close to a target any more than them having the same CC pet helps them generate distance away from a target, etc.

Although what you said sounded to be right, it is not completely true. You seemed to be just base on theory but in real colo is wasn't like this.

Melee need to get close to summon pets, so does ranged class, their pets doesn't have longer range.

If they want to use pet on me they have to come closer, which mean they will aggro my pets too.

And if both of us aggro-ed the pets usually it is the ranged class that dies because I am tankier.

Ranged class are squishy and once I use my gap closer, stun them and summon my pet to frezee/Dot/Stun them, they are dead in a couple seconds.

Before there's pets, my 3 sec stun skill cannot do much, if I cannot kill the ranger in a few seconds, they just pot master red and kite me all the way again, with pets it is much easier to kill.

Also, colo is not a 1v1, if there is ranged class always keep max distance at you and you cannot even use your pet against him/her, then go for other targets, OP pets makes you able to kill anyone easily.

I used to always avoid other tanks and priest in final round because it take a lot of effort or almost impossible to kill, but it is no longer the case with pets.

I have faced sorc with imverse, sin/ranger with eremes etc. in final round and still champed easily.

It does take a little bit of skill to use your pet too(just a little bit), e.g.: which pet to combine with which skill you have, and summoning the right pet at the right time.

With OP pets, everyone can kill/KS much easier, although it is true that ranged class still has the advantage but it is not as much as they did.

Now the imbalances is between those with/without op pet, not between class anymore.

Anyway, I still vote no for pets in colo.

Edited by ChopChopz, 23 September 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#123 KnightOf0

KnightOf0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

nfX3xDG.jpg

Is that fair?  Pets do more damage than player, you can't target and kill the pet.  Just let them kill you or run around wasting time in the battle.

Edited by KnightOf0, 23 September 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#124 ritsukachan

ritsukachan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the mist...

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'm first place in Colo, 30 seconds left, wind elixir on deck. RUN LIKE YOU STOLE SOMETHING!!! Oh wait, I can't because some rich guy's pet is locking me down and I forgot to buy Merc Treads! Oh noes that Sorc just crit my face off... 2nd place GG thanks for playing Ragnarok 2.

You owe me a new Pepsi.

Spoiler

Edited by ritsukachan, 23 September 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#125 ChopChopz

ChopChopz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

nfX3xDG.jpg

Is that fair?  Pets do more damage than player, you can't target and kill the pet.  Just let them kill you or run around wasting time in the battle.

That's my point, your pets do more dmg/kill more than you do.

So actually it kinda eliminated the class gap.

What matters is only your pokemon inventory...

This is all it takes to dominate everyone and get champion.

JSkGE.jpg

Edited by ChopChopz, 23 September 2013 - 11:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users