Suicidal Destruction problems, and proposed changes - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 14 votes

Suicidal Destruction problems, and proposed changes

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#26 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Yes, that's my guild. So this isn't a "we can't beat our enemies' strategy, so NERF IT PLEASE" thread. Our guild used it, and it was absolutely stupid and not fun. WoE would have been so much better without those mechs, even if we lost.

LOL

Oh mk good response lol. I just felt like pointing it out cuz I was wondering why u wanted the change when u were the guys who had like 20 mechs anyway lol. Well hopefully next time there wont be loke 20 mechs again. Agree with you though.

P.S. Im in a guild allied with urs so it wasnt a qq we lost butthurt response lol

#27 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

The lag was so bad last woe2 I kept waiting for my character to catch up to what I was casting, where I was walking and etc. I couldn't respond to anything without it having delays for a good chunk of the time.

Mechanics really could use a nerf (along with the lag).

Less lag would be fun. N>New servers plz :(

#28 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Less lag would be fun. N>New servers plz :(

If one Alliance would stop using 7 Guilds to Attack 3 then there would be less lag, but that is for a different thread!

#29 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Why even post it when you know that's a spark that will start the flames?

#30 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Why even post it when you know that's a spark that will start the flames?

I am sorry I still love you! :p_love:

#31 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

But the most easiest and best way to solve this problem is...to just not use 20 mechs.

I know it's within the right of players blah blah to use mechs and whatever mechanics that are provided by the game blah blah but you do realize that the hardest part of agreeing to a rule is to have communication between guilds, and, surprisingly all of you agree and acknowledge this without being offended/blaming others.

With the hardest step and part gone, you could all simply convince your guild to use a non ridiculous number of mechs. Of course at some points some guild will start using 10 billion mechs again despite the mutual agreement, you could all bash on that guild's castle and let them get nothing. Or just think of something else.

Just simply saying, you guys already skipped past the most difficult part of creating a mutual agreement so why not make it real. We all know that skill change nerfs like these take a long time and may not even ever happen, so why not stick to something realistic and possible that's right in front of us right now. Use something like ~6 mechs and actually concentrate and have fun with your main character in WoE.

#32 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

The cast time is my greatest concern as you can literally "bowl" in woe just frontslide press suicide and boom that result

#33 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

But the most easiest and best way to solve this problem is...to just not use 20 mechs.

I know it's within the right of players blah blah to use mechs and whatever mechanics that are provided by the game blah blah but you do realize that the hardest part of agreeing to a rule is to have communication between guilds, and, surprisingly all of you agree and acknowledge this without being offended/blaming others.

With the hardest step and part gone, you could all simply convince your guild to use a non ridiculous number of mechs. Of course at some points some guild will start using 10 billion mechs again despite the mutual agreement, you could all bash on that guild's castle and let them get nothing. Or just think of something else.

Just simply saying, you guys already skipped past the most difficult part of creating a mutual agreement so why not make it real. We all know that skill change nerfs like these take a long time and may not even ever happen, so why not stick to something realistic and possible that's right in front of us right now. Use something like ~6 mechs and actually concentrate and have fun with your main character in WoE.

lol...

#34 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

That is a nice concept Michaeleeli,

But I doubt that will happen.

#35 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

lets try not to get off topic at hand

What michael is saying would ideally work if everyone would agree to not use them. 

Despite the mutual agreement, even if we wanted to bash the other guild for using too many mechs, we can't get past chokes cause 2-3 SDs will wipe out any offensive push. 

This takes more than just both sides agreeing not to use it. I gaurentee you, that once one side starts losing they'll bring it back again.

I want nothing more than to fight for 2 hours (even if we lose) as long as we have even fights, Pushing to drop DPS on your enemies, instead of pushing with mechs to destroy them, then tabbing to another to do it again. 

#36 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Let's leave the reasons why we want this change out of this because that will just start a flame war and this thread will be closed. 

When the going gets tough, both sides of the big alliance war have used this tactic to succeed; let's leave it at that.

Let's please use this thread to make suggestions for Gravity to make a change because it should not be up to us as the players. 

#37 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

You can read up like 2 posts from this one you made, that is why. People can agree it needs a nerf, but no one is gonna play fair in that manner without a forced change.

#38 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

We had been going against a constant stream of mechs for almost 2 months, without using more than 2 mechs on our own side. Meanwhile, the number of mechs we went against just kept on increasing, because it made defending easier.

This is just how iRO players are. People here will continue to abuse something, despite it making things not fun, until they can no longer abuse it.

Player made agreements would be the EASIEST fix to the problem. But forced skill change is the most REALISTIC way to get change.

#39 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Ya, actually I don't think it'll happen too. Because we're lazy and we don't want to take the initiative, ever. 

But if any of you are really serious in making a change, it's the easiest and most realistic way that it'll happen (Didn't someone mention 3 guilds do this? 2/3 of an influential person of the guild agrees/made a comment here. It isn't that far out). But again, we're all lazy, and we don't want to do that won't we. We just want to type some words to have the game change for us.

I honestly do hope a skill change nerf could be done though, but you know..

Edited by michaeleeli, 08 October 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#40 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think a fair compromise would be to make SD divide among targets hit and make it inflict critical wounds on all targets. Loss of potting efficiency could be almost as lethal, but not quite as immediate. Plus All the shrapnel from the suit fits with the status effect.

#41 amandabambi

amandabambi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

+1 for SD nerf.

#42 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

I think a fair compromise would be to make SD divide among targets hit and make it inflict critical wounds on all targets. Loss of potting efficiency could be almost as lethal, but not quite as immediate. Plus All the shrapnel from the suit fits with the status effect.

That would be cool.

I don't know how easy it would be to code,

But what if the immidiate cells were the only ones able to be killed, so at most four or five people would die from the explosion.

While all other cells in range would get shrapnel damage as you suggested, which could be status effects or something.

#43 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Interesting suggestion! I also added the possibility of making it the Vellum Flail effect, which completely disables all healing items, to the first post.

#44 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

We had been going against a constant stream of mechs for almost 2 months, without using more than 2 mechs on our own side. Meanwhile, the number of mechs we went against just kept on increasing, because it made defending easier.

This is just how iRO players are. People here will continue to abuse something, despite it making things not fun, until they can no longer abuse it.

Player made agreements would be the EASIEST fix to the problem. But forced skill change is the most REALISTIC way to get change.

Ya, true. I haven't been in WoE 2 for like 1.5 months so I haven't seen what happened, but what I got from the first page was that only ~3 guilds did this and a few of you within those guilds agreed for a change, so the real scene could be that waaaaay more guilds do 20+ mechs, and that would be much difficult to have a mutual agreement.

But yeah, I just wanted to bring out a point, didn't want to change the subject much, let's go back to possible skill nerfs

#45 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hope they can make some of these changes. Really sucks when you get 1-2 mechs disabled only to have 3 more slide into you and you die anyways. Perhaps it would be easier for CMs to see how imbalanced it is by posting some videos of mechs?

#46 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Also, Oda said it's near impossible to make actual skill changes, so let's think outside of that box and come up with ways to change it that don't necessarily involve recoding the skill. 

How about preventing the npc from renting a madogear to a mech that has suicided in the last 15 minutes? 

#47 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

If anything damage should be reducible. either by spreading dmg out, or racial reductions. the dmg should be nerfed so that its not 150k dmg but something more realistic like 50k, ( which should be enough to kill everyone but tao users) yet make that number reducable. 

I like the critical wounds idea a lot tho.

maybe having the flail effect would be overkill, as if you're down to 1 hp or so, you're pretty much dead after the blast anyway if you can't pot. 

crit wounds would be annoying to deal with, and you'd be like tony stark, with shrapnel.

#48 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

if it's impossible to re-code the skill itself, the only way to balance it would be to add additional cooldown time, which doesn't really sound fair.

#49 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

the only reason making mechs so abusive is their cast is uninterruptable and frontslides! maybe tat fast cast time too~

it would be much more better if u have a better chance stopping it by using skills to trap / break the cast! & if u wanna bypass tat also then u can get GTB+sacrafice

#50 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

if it's impossible to re-code the skill itself, the only way to balance it would be to add additional cooldown time, which doesn't really sound fair.

It also won't fix anything, unless it's up to something like 1 hour+ cooldown. Longer cooldown just means more mechs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users