Sorcerer's Guide to Sorcerery *Soon to be updated with 120% of the info you need!* - Page 4 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Sorcerer's Guide to Sorcerery *Soon to be updated with 120% of the info you need!*

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#76 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

I still can't decide between a Sorc, GX, SC or RK for a PvM/farm class.

RK = MVP

GX = Farm

Sorc = Fun

SC = PVP Fun

#77 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

RK = MVP

GX = Farm

Sorc = Fun

SC = PVP Fun

I was thinking to go with a SC Auto Cast + CD in Mouth build, but dunno how they are now. Plus with would be more like an alt. My main is a Ninja, close to Kagerou.

#78 zica1

zica1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

you mentioned kahii, but when you change map the buff dissapears :( 

#79 zica1

zica1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

doubled :(

Edited by zica1, 22 November 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#80 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:44 PM

you mentioned kahii, but when you change map the buff dissapears :(

Only when you change map servers not maps.

#81 AirisLuna

AirisLuna

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

I really like your guide, can you answer me some questions?

I want to make a Spell Fist/Hindsight Sorcerer, reading your guide you said that it's not recomended go hybrid, why? You can activate both with the same move - autoattacking, which means that you can oftenly proc both. I plan to use a Magician's Night Cap+CD in Month, which would boost the bolts damage even more, along with summons and insignias.

I have doubts in the rest of the equps as well. I don't have acess to HBP and RWC gears, so I was thinking in Ledger of Death or Sage's Diary as wep., and for the armors any farmable option.

Thx if anyone can help

@Edit

Just to take note, I have 100% access to Kaahi and Sage Spirit, anytime, so take that into account.

Edited by AirisLuna, 16 January 2015 - 06:36 AM.

#82 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

Spell Fist is never activated just by autoattacking. You have to cast a bolt skill, and use Spell Fist while still casting the bolt skill. And the effect at Lv5 lasts for either 6 hits or 40 seconds, whichever ends first. And then repeat the process.

I don't know if ye got THE acccessory, which apparently can use SF via autoattack. Somebody has to explain me how the heck it will work, since it depends on the casting of a bolt skill.

#83 AirisLuna

AirisLuna

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:50 PM

Spell Fist is never activated just by autoattacking. You have to cast a bolt skill, and use Spell Fist while still casting the bolt skill. And the effect at Lv5 lasts for either 6 hits or 40 seconds, whichever ends first. And then repeat the process.

I don't know if ye got THE acccessory, which apparently can use SF via autoattack. Somebody has to explain me how the heck it will work, since it depends on the casting of a bolt skill.

Yeah, I know that but I'm talking about this rotation.

Auto Spell > Bolt Cancel + Spell Fist > Attack

This makes me cast all those raging bolds while doing the Spell Fist dmg at the same time. Of course, I'm talking directly at high HP monsters, since low HP monsters die to Spell Fist alone. The guide sais that it isn't a good combination, I want to know why exactly.

#84 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

By Auto Spell, you meant Hindsight, right? Well, every autocast has no Cast Time, so you have no way to converge them into Spell Fist at all. There's more: every autocast has Cast Delay, which actually prevents you to use any skill during that time, including Spell Fist.

Auto Spell > Bolt Cancel + Spell Fist > Attack

This makes me cast all those raging bolds while doing the Spell Fist dmg at the same time.

I don't know where you got that from.

#85 AirisLuna

AirisLuna

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

I think you're trolling me, there is no reason for you to say useless/random things like that.

But I'll try explaning again, in case you aren't trolling.

I activate Auto Spell(or Hindsight in iRO) with link, then I see the monster that I want to kill and start to cast a bold, canceling with with Spell Fist. Then I auto-attack the monster with Spell Fist activated PLUS Hindsight with link, dealing the bolts damage plus the Spell Fist damage.

The guide says that this combo isn't good, and I want to know why.

Edited by AirisLuna, 17 January 2015 - 10:43 AM.

#86 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Oh now I see where you're going. The major problem with the confusion is the way it was firstly worded: "You can activate both with the same move - autoattacking, which means that you can oftenly proc both."

There're two issues here.

• Duration: Hindsight 10 lasts 6 minutes and 30 seconds, where each regular attack has a chance of autocasting the selected spell. Spell Fist 5 lasts for 6 hits or 40 seconds, whichever ends first. Much, much shorter than Hindsight.
  • Cast Delay: You've gotta remember that every Lv10 bolt, autocasted or not, has a Global Delay of 2.8 seconds. During those 2.8 seconds, you cannot cast any skill, therefore Spell Fist cannot be used.

At high ASPD, that Cast Delay means a lot. It's specially worse when Hindsight procs a skill at the 6th hit from Spell Fist and then you can't recast it during that time.

In a nutshell, if weren't for the Cast Delay from all autocasts, that combo would probably work.

Skills triggered by Hindsight do not have any cast time, but do have cast delay.

#87 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

The above after-cast delay is real, however, only if you are up against an enemy that you need to recast spell fist for. If you kill the enemy with a single spell fist and can afford to recast it before engaging the next enemy, you're fine to combo them.

Say you're up against an MVP -- you will need to recast spellfist, and hindsight's auto-proc of bolt spells stops you from recasting spell fist. However, if you do not need to recast spell fist -- like with normal enemies -- then you can keep both up and just recast spell fist after killing the enemy. 

#88 hifer03

hifer03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:43 AM

Hi hello Friends :)
I am a comeback player to RO. Almost 1,5 years since my last played.

Last week i read at RO's Facebook, there are some major updated such as Update base level/skill level up to 170/60, and added some skills too.

My primary job is Sorcerer(caster) level 140 something if i am not wrong.

Could i ask several questions here?

1. In your opinion, is it still worth to play Sorcerer? I'd rather played Caster DPS Socerer.
2. What is the best Gears if i got 4-5 billions Z? To pvp and pvm
3. How about BOT. still many? *i hate BOT, it is broke the community and value of the game
4. What is the best stat and skills for Sorc DPS? Can still we found NPC reset n Game?
5. Thank You All / Danke schön

:)

#89 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

So how exactly do you reach instant cast with 120 dex and full woe set? I believe skull cap + KK, and what else? What refine level of the skull cap too?

Thanks.

Edited by lightdrizzle, 17 April 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#90 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

With 120 dex, you should aim for stats instant cast. Dex * 2 + int = 530. (total of -stat- keep in mind its only accounting for variable cast time, not fixed, which is only reduced by sacrament, or certain cards/ventus summon spirit control 1.

The way to test is cast diamond dust. DD is all variable.

#91 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

Is it absolutely necesary in WoE to have ventus?

#92 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

I wouldnt go equip instant becausr you just spent so much on 120 dex lol. Also equip cast reduction and stats is multiplicative, meaning that A decmial multiplied by another decimal (percentaged converted to decimals) will never be greater than 1.0, or 100%.

#93 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:44 AM

If you have a fenrir card, then no not necessary to have a ventus, but my rule of thumb is, better to have an element than not. Too many gr+ immunes in woe to havr neutral pw do damage.

#94 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:51 AM

Is there an article or something I can read about cast time? Because I don't seem to understand. Are you saying that if I'm aiming for stats instant cast, I won't be wearing any reduced variable cast equipment at all?

#95 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

No im saying you cant get instant with a combination of both. Stats and equip stack multiplicatively. So you need to choose one or the other

#96 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

Huh... but let's say I do 120 on both int and dex, including the job bonuses, I would still need like around 140 more dex or int to reach 530. This is possible?

#97 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

Gear bonuses (if you have them) foods, blessing, ab buffs. I run a sorc with 125 int and 110 dex and make up for the rest with food and buffs.

#98 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

My god... maybe I will go for 1 dex instant cast then. But still, the only thing I know is using like a KK skull cap or CoD. Is this even possible with a full WoE set?

#99 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

Yes, but it would require 2x beelzebub in rwcs perfect roll (spell3/3int+3) for 92%, then you could use a kk red pom.

Oorrrr go bellum arc wand, and find 50% from rwcs (32%) +12 kk rpb (12%) towerkeeper (5%)

Or rely on strings for 50% cast reduction.

Tsod is crap until nightmare glastheim. For demi damage

I dont like dark illusion for the hp loss

#100 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 17 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

I do like the woe set sorc. The upkeep is horrible, but the reductions and the benefits are amazing. even though i usually have a sac, i prefer it over the glass cannon 9/10 times.

Go to page 4 cause i posted two things lol

Edited by Lapphy, 17 April 2015 - 09:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users