Classic: 2013 patch notes part VIII: Mission to Moscovia - Page 4 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part VIII: Mission to Moscovia

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#76 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

You only avoid pvp because you can't afford real supplies? C'mon...  I want to play classic and not unlimitedSupply_7kBombsWoE_RO. Thats ridiculous! However, what you do in woe doesn't matter and should stay off topic.

Instead of enabling free bg afk potions on every map you should add this Staff:

Novice Battle Staff (Bravery/Valor Badges: 500)
Description: A Rod that has been modified for brave Novices who face enemies in battle.
It is especially designed for battles against Demihumans.
MATK +20%, Int +2, Dex +1, not indestructable.
Ignores Magic Defense from Demihuman monsters by 20%.
Enables a 10% chance to inflict the Stun effect when using magical attacks.
Enables use of Level 5 Storm Gust.
If refined to +7 or higher, it enables use of Level 10 Storm Gust.
If refined to +9 or higher, adds an additional  MATK +5%, Skill Delay -15%.
Weapon Level: 4
Weapon Type: One-handed Staff
Atk: 40
Weight: 0 (like every accbound bg equip)
Required Level: 95
Jobs: Novice Class

or:

kill all bots. I think you know what can be easier done to make at least some people happy ;)

you ask for this staff for as long as i asked for bio3 area spawn i think. prety sure they wont add a NEWLY item just for 1 person who plays super novice in classic

#77 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

pirate pirade hat was already in game ( pre renewal couple years ago ) which makes them easier to add. but adding a NEW item will require coding and testing and blah blah and i find it really hard to see them do it for ONE or TWO people who plays super novice in classic

#78 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

or:

kill all bots. I think you know what can be easier done to make at least some people happy ;)

Most people like the server better with bots, #truth.

Banning all the bots is like deleting all the illegal mexican workers from the USA!

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 13 November 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#79 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

you ask for this staff for as long as i asked for bio3 area spawn i think. prety sure they wont add a NEWLY item just for 1 person who plays super novice in classic

There are more then 1 sn. Please make this staff Oda.

#80 Melkor

Melkor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

After aprox. 7 years of not playing Ragnarok Online, I was enthusiastic about the fact that it was being promoted over by Steam (to be honest, I was hoping STEAM was in charge of iRO) and jumped back into action. Let's face it, the game is slowly dying, it's community is built around people that been playing this for years and each passing minute, the community diminishes. Current servers have a poor player base, consisting mostly of bots + double clienting merchants, and a huge lag issue, which I never even had a problem with SEVEN YEARS AGO. I convinced a couple of old friends to join me once again, unfortunately, the previously stated problems eventually got the best out of my buddies, and they left. I can only imagine the horrible experience new players get when they join the servers. Every month I see upcoming updates patch information, yet no answer to these truly archaic issues. I understand it is exciting for you and the current player base to see these new updates/episodes/whatever, but I truly believe your efforts are being wasted into taking care of petty issues, such as implementing new maps/dungeons/etc. Moscovia is coming to the Classic server. Lag still not going anywhere. Now, a new window of opportunity appears with Steam, where MILLIONS of users get to see this game advertised. It is by far the best and probably the only chance iRO has to be revived into magnificent glory and grow beyond whatever you have expected in the past couple of years. "We need tracerts". Really? TBH that is the sound of unproffesionalism. Last time I checked, International Ragnarok Online meant the community is made up by multiple nationalities and countries (and evidently, connections from multiple places from around the globe). Hell, look at it from a business point of view. You can't just open a store where you can't fit all your customers. Forget that. You can't open up a store and not be able to support your current customer flow! It's ridiculous! How the hell can somebody even call that BUSINESS. Unless you think surviving with a 3k userbase is business, where half of it isn't even real (again, bots and merchants). Just look at it from my perspective: Theres HUNDREDS of private servers (which I do not approve off), running on less resources than you and providing a hell of a better experience for players from around the world ("Better" untill they find out how their broken game is even more broken/imbalanced when you mess with drop/exp rates). Honestly, knowing all of this can make a man feel sad and disappointed. I pray for the day where instead of "new dungeon next pacth", I can finally read "hey guess what, we upgraded our servers/connection/whatever so we can finally take care of our current player base and all of those potential new players we're currently not getting because of SIMPLE ISSUES SUCH AS LAG AND BOTS". And please, don't try to convince people that "botting is a hard issue to address". Because of these bots, the economy is as broken as it can get. How do you expect a new player can EVER figure out how the heck are they gonna get geared when they spend their first 30 minutes grinding for 1000 zenny and potions are 1500 ea. Gears valued in the tens of millions (AVERAGE GEARS). More new players lost. The fact is bots are an issue that can be fixed. But, the real conundrum begins when your paying playerbase is involved in botting.

tl;dr

Fix lag

Fix bots

Yes you have the resources to do it

No, new maps/quests/episode aren't as important.

^

At LEAST fix lag.

#81 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Most people like the server better with bots, #truth.

Banning all the bots is like deleting all the illegal mexican workers from the USA!

You're the first and only guy from the "most people" i've seen supporting bots on an official server.

Why can't you go back to some random pserver where you got your stuff for free? Got wrecked?

#82 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

pirate pirade hat was already in game ( pre renewal couple years ago ) which makes them easier to add. but adding a NEW item will require coding and testing and blah blah and

Doesn't need much coding. Most can be copied from other equips.

i find it really hard to see them do it for ONE or TWO people who plays super novice in classic

just because you dont know a sn doesnt mean that there are a lot who play this cls on classic.

In other words:

I was bio3 last week and there was no party. Why should they add area spawns if NOBODY plays in bio3 on classic?

@imvrypserver

lol

#83 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Are proper area spawns actually in? I know there's some sort of spawns, but are they the 13.2 spawns that everyone wants/expects?

#84 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:57 AM

I went bio 3 a few times this past week. Not nearly as effective as it was origenally made, but still moderately fun.

#85 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

Week of VIP drop bonus

Silly idea.

#86 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

I went bio 3 a few times this past week. Not nearly as effective as it was origenally made, but still moderately fun.

Yeah that's what I thought, there's no way I'm going to be able to convince anyone to go down there without proper Wizards.

#87 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

You're the first and only guy from the "most people" i've seen supporting bots on an official server.

Why can't you go back to some random pserver where you got your stuff for free? Got wrecked?

Dominates one server

Guy assumes got wrecked

In really dominated last server.

@Humbelbum no -_- there is no parties... BECAUSE THERE IS NO HWIZ AREA SPAWN (even though they claim there is).

Edited by MattyL904, 13 November 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#88 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:05 PM

Doesn't need much coding. Most can be copied from other equips.

If you want to be a Wizard make a Wizard.

Wait no I want SG on my Champion please add it to the BG weapon.  That'll make all the Champions happy and there are more Champions than SNs so it's a better change.

#89 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Double drops lol is this a new version of  rick roll'ed? Lawl ain't no one want that i'm pretty sure the majority of people would want double exp because that's the only time you'll see me lvling a character.

#90 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Everyone I talk to agrees, just don't want to post it on forums or don't care enough to do so.

The game works off having supplies which are obtained from killing tedious monsters. 

Pservers don'thave bots and work because they have alternative methods to obtain supplies.

-

Who are you?

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 13 November 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#91 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

If you want to be a Wizard make a Wizard.

Wait no I want SG on my Champion please add it to the BG weapon.  That'll make all the Champions happy and there are more Champions than SNs so it's a better change.

You're acting as if SNs would get severly overpowered just because they could use SG.

Fun facts about SN:

~2.6k HP/~200 SP (when being a caster) Base at 99.

Can't rebirth.

Has to spam Soullink to get his +10 stats (and thus instant) after one death.

Can't wear 90% of equips being around.

Don't feature a single useful AoE.

Drop like flies anywhere.

It's just a "nice to have" thing, and would (maybe) make the SN-Class a little more versatile. There could be several of those items being around, wouldn't hurt the server or balance at all.

@imvrywhatever

You wouldn't get it anyway.

Edited by EtNox, 13 November 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#92 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

You guys want to waste time with super novie -_-? There's 1000000x more important things to fix, change, and implement. 

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 13 November 2013 - 12:43 PM.

#93 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

The game works off having supplies which are obtained from killing tedious monsters.

The game DOES work off of having supplies obtained from tedious monsters. Those supplies are supposed to come from OTHER, REAL players, not from your bots buddy. That's how the economy in the game is supposed to work. Bots scare newcomers away. Bots scare veterans away. What you're saying is you support the idea of botting and rather stay in this secluded, small playerbase than actually have the staff make an effort to remedy the proble and expand. Obviously, "everyone else agreeing" must be abusing bots as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a couple of botting accounts.

Edited by PixelG, 13 November 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#94 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

his/his guilds reputation aside, we saw the results of no botting a month or so ago. It was tearing players and guilds apart because they have become accustomed to a style of play that can only be subsidized like that.

I hate bots.

And I hate that very idea. It never would have happened if botting was under control in the first place.

But it's how things are.

I think the key here is to address the challenges that compel players to bot; changes such as the guild dungeon changes have been a great start.

It is not physically possible to keep on top of bots 24/7 all the time, they will continuously slip through the cracks. Even the amazing euRO had bots! So I think time is better spend giving people reason to not bot / legit players ways to keep up.

#95 Geej

Geej

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

So who should I be sending these tracerts to? I can provide tracerts and more if you think its going to fix the Classic server lag. I am on a fiber network and I don't lag at all on the Renewal server which from reading forum posts, maintenance notes and patches has been upgraded with new hardware. Has the same been done to the Classic server? I've even invested in WTFast and Lowerping to help lower the lag on the Classic server but it really hasn't helped.

#96 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:19 PM

But it's how things are.

This is outrageous. You are willing to accept the fact that the mechanics of this game must be destroyed in order to satisfy the lack of ability form a handful of players? Sorry, but that is the most discouraging thing I've read so far. People don't know how to play without bots anymore? Well, here's something you might find a little upsetting, but to fix this kind of problem not only requires the staff to make an effort, but the community as well. That's how things work. You don't expect your goverment to fix things for you. You expect to work with it as it expects to work with you. "Sacrifices" must be made. And honestly, just the thought of comparing "no botting" like it's some kind of sacrifice is pathetic. If I wanted to play an easy game I would go to WoW or any of the other mainstream MMOs. Again, All of these "fixes" seem to be just enough to satisfy the paying playerbase, which in the end is BAD FOR BUSINESS. I honestly don't get how can they make money out of "three thousand" people paying cents.

#97 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

This is outrageous. You are willing to accept the fact that the mechanics of this game must be destroyed in order to satisfy the lack of ability form a handful of players? Sorry, but that is the most discouraging thing I've read so far. People don't know how to play without bots anymore? Well, here's something you might find a little upsetting, but to fix this kind of problem not only requires the staff to make an effort, but the community as well. That's how things work. You don't expect your goverment to fix things for you. You expect to work with it as it expects to work with you. "Sacrifices" must be made. And honestly, just the thought of comparing "no botting" like it's some kind of sacrifice is pathetic. If I wanted to play an easy game I would go to WoW or any of the other mainstream MMOs. Again, All of these "fixes" seem to be just enough to satisfy the paying playerbase, which in the end is BAD FOR BUSINESS. I honestly don't get how can they make money out of "three thousand" people paying cents.

Before you preach at me sir, check my post history.

I advocate alternatives so that people don't feel the need to bot. I've been pushing for alternatives to 40+ hour grinds per week.

As a guild that is highly anti bot, we had to work fulltime jobs in RO to compete with players that did. So it's lose or quit. the alternative is for the game to be adjusted to suit the needs of a low population server. Yes I'm mad that they let it happen, but it's too late to soapbox about it now.

Efforts need to be focused into reasons to not bot.

#98 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

So who should I be sending these tracerts to? I can provide tracerts and more if you think its going to fix the Classic server lag. I am on a fiber network and I don't lag at all on the Renewal server which from reading forum posts, maintenance notes and patches has been upgraded with new hardware. Has the same been done to the Classic server? I've even invested in WTFast and Lowerping to help lower the lag on the Classic server but it really hasn't helped.

Please post them here and note what time and what map the lag is worst on. 

http://forums.warppo...r-tracert-here/

#99 Geej

Geej

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

:thx:

#100 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

PixelG acting like this is the release year of Ragnarok Online.

#10YearsLater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users