Classic: 2013 patch notes part VIII: Mission to Moscovia - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: 2013 patch notes part VIII: Mission to Moscovia

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#101 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Before you preach at me sir, check my post history.

I advocate alternatives so that people don't feel the need to bot. I've been pushing for alternatives to 40+ hour grinds per week.

Just so there aren't any misunderstandings. I'm not trynna preach at you. I guess my english IS a little bit rusty. Whenever I reply I do it in such a manner so everyone else reading can feel involved in whatever you and I are debating. I do not feel outrage towards you. I understand you and your peers have been trying so much to level the game back to normal, and I commend you for that. The outrage is towards whoever agrees to any of the "wrong things" of the game, such as botting, or just plain accepting what the game is become/becoming. The idea is, someone else is reading this. When statements such as "#whocaresaboutbots" and "But it's how things are" are read by all of those people who aren't participating in this discussion, it sets their mind to the idea that it's ok to bot since there isn't going to be anything done about it. Again, I commend you on your efforts and I wish a lot of more people we're more inclined towards your way of thinking and playing.

#102 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

PixelG acting like this is the release year of Ragnarok Online.

#10YearsLater

Again, no useful input, you may go back to managing your bots and act like you can actually play this game.

#103 Riruru

Riruru

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Classic: Loki

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

where can we see the patch notes? :D

sorry for the noob question, i'm fairly new at navigating through the forums :)

Edited by Riruru, 13 November 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#104 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

Page one of this thread http://forums.warppo...on-to-moscovia/

#105 Riruru

Riruru

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:Classic: Loki

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

Page one of this thread http://forums.warppo...on-to-moscovia/

ty good sir! :D

#106 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

PixelG I think you should step down from your soap box. 

#107 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

You're acting as if SNs would get severly overpowered just because they could use SG.

Fun facts about SN:

~2.6k HP/~200 SP (when being a caster) Base at 99.

Can't rebirth.

Has to spam Soullink to get his +10 stats (and thus instant) after one death.

Can't wear 90% of equips being around.

Don't feature a single useful AoE.

Drop like flies anywhere.

It's just a "nice to have" thing, and would (maybe) make the SN-Class a little more versatile. There could be several of those items being around, wouldn't hurt the server or balance at all.

I'm well aware of how useless this class is.  If you gave them every skill in the game the only thing they'd be good at is buffing.

Wait until the server isn't on life support.  Better yet, wait until 13.2 is in when they said they'd be willing to experiment with Classic.  Maybe at that point they'd be willing to raise that class above Renewal Wanderer.  I'd be perfectly fine if they modified the 150 Renewal SN to be a transcendent SN.  Just not when there are actual issues to solve.

#108 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Just so there aren't any misunderstandings. I'm not trynna preach at you. I guess my english IS a little bit rusty. Whenever I reply I do it in such a manner so everyone else reading can feel involved in whatever you and I are debating. I do not feel outrage towards you. I understand you and your peers have been trying so much to level the game back to normal, and I commend you for that. The outrage is towards whoever agrees to any of the "wrong things" of the game, such as botting, or just plain accepting what the game is become/becoming. The idea is, someone else is reading this. When statements such as "#whocaresaboutbots" and "But it's how things are" are read by all of those people who aren't participating in this discussion, it sets their mind to the idea that it's ok to bot since there isn't going to be anything done about it. Again, I commend you on your efforts and I wish a lot of more people we're more inclined towards your way of thinking and playing.

It's a fight I've fought, after a while you can come to understand there are some (sadly) understandable feelings toward botting. My "it's how thing are" statement is pointed at the fact that the past is here to stay, there's no point being mad at it. All we can do is work with and fix what we have, not feel enraged because some mythical dreamworld doesn't exist.

#109 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

PixelG I think you should step down from your soap box. 

Still not being of any use towards the community. Not wasting time on you anymore. Back to botting son.

#110 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

@PixelG At this point it's rather pointless i'd say perching as if your life revolves around it, but eh do what you want maybe in couple years if RO still running they might put what you say as a suggestion.

#111 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

#PixelGForPresident

#112 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Obviously, "everyone else agreeing" must be abusing bots as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a couple of botting accounts.

No, more like they play the game to WoE for FUN. (THE ONLY REASON THIS GAME IS STILL ALIVE).

You're ignorant, and bad - you haven't done anything in this game, you're a nobody.

-

IRO's economy has almost always revolved around bots, don't kid yourself buddy.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 13 November 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#113 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

IRO's economy has almost always revolved around bots, don't kid yourself buddy.

You're the kind of garbage that ruins these games. Don't kid YOURSELF buddy. There's a reason you're accustomed to cheat. All lowlifes are the same everywhere, in video games, in their daily lives. "You're bad". I don't normally judge people for their nicknames or the way they talk, but apparently somebodey found out there's other games besides Call of Duty (ahem, YOU). What's next? "umad"?

Keep stacking on useless posts. I'm pretty sure your 50000 hours afk sitting while your bots do the job for you has been oh so very helpul. And right back at ya buddy, you're nobody, if you wanna go to that extent. You're in a video game, your virtual persona is a sad attempt to hide that pathetic little person you are.

But I digress. The point of my original post was to foment a common will to fix the issues currently affecting the server, which included LAG, but of course nobody pays attention to that matter when the butthurt botters feel their silly cheap ways threatened. It's real simple, if you're not botting there's no reason whatsoever to defend such a cheap move.

Edited by PixelG, 13 November 2013 - 02:40 PM.

#114 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

This is outrageous. You are willing to accept the fact that the mechanics of this game must be destroyed in order to satisfy the lack of ability form a handful of players?

Yep its a lack of ability, not the fact i work a 40+ hour work week and dont want to spend an equal if not greater amount of time doing mundane tasks for 2~4 hours of woe a week

#115 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Yep its a lack of ability, not the fact i work a 40+ hour work week and dont want to spend an equal if not greater amount of time doing mundane tasks for 2~4 hours of woe a week

Then there are other, easier games for you, buddy. Resorting to cheat because you don't have the time. When the hell did THAT become valid reason?

#116 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

You're the kind of garbage that ruins these games. Don't kid YOURSELF buddy. There's a reason you're accustomed to cheat. All lowlifes are the same everywhere, in video games, in their daily lives. "You're bad". I don't normally judge people for their nicknames or the way they talk, but apparently somebodey found out there's other games besides Call of Duty (ahem, YOU). What's next? "umad"?

Keep stacking on useless posts. I'm pretty sure your 50000 hours afk sitting while your bots do the job for you has been oh so very helpul. And right back at ya buddy, you're nobody, if you wanna go to that extent. You're in a video game, your virtual persona is a sad attempt to hide that pathetic little person you are.

But I digress. The point of my original post was to foment a common will to fix the issues currently affecting the server, which included LAG, but of course nobody pays attention to that matter when the butthurt botters feel their silly cheap ways threatened. It's real simple, if you're not botting there's no reason whatsoever to defend such a cheap move.

Sorry for having an opinion that's not popular. 

I have way too much wealth on the server to bot, and get banned.

#117 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Sorry for having an opinion that's not popular. 

I have way too much wealth on the server to bot, and get banned.

Yeah NOW you have the wealth.

#118 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

lmao.

I was actually the 2nd 99 rogue because a bot beat me when I wasn't home for 2 days =)

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 13 November 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#119 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:50 PM

Yeah NOW you have the wealth.

You clearly don't know how to easily gain wealth in this game.  Botting doesn't generate "easy riches".  The biggest botters aren't the richest players.

#120 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Then there are other, easier games for you, buddy. Resorting to cheat because you don't have the time. When the hell did THAT become valid reason?

He doesn't cheat.

Botting doesn't make good zeny.

#121 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

You clearly don't know how to easily gain wealth in this game.  Botting doesn't generate "easy riches".  The biggest botters aren't the richest players.

I do. This isn't rocket science, I made 10 million under my first 2 hours with a friggin acolyte. I don't claim the biggest botters are the richest. I claim that they are or WHERE involved in it, seeing how suddenly everyone now approves to breaking the rules. And to be honest, defending stuff you know is wrong and you're not supposed to support = unnecesary. Unless you or your peers eventually resorted to it, and now you feel threatened.

@Xellie

Doesn't make good zeny, but does make up for those hours you/he/me might be missing because we're doing something else. And I know he doesn't cheat. Again, it's another attempt to defend a culture you don't participate in, but I find was needles to say. The problem with that kind of comments is that the people WHO ACTUALLY DO it feel supported and encouraged to keep doing it by the people who don't.

Edited by PixelG, 13 November 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#122 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

I just wish to remind everyone that this isn't Tirades. I do love the passion for the game but please keep the name calling and trolling away from this board.

#123 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

can u unban me from tirades

#124 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

#1 illegit botter in valhalla what can i say. But keep talking about things you know nothing about. Fact is its not 2005 anymore, ragnarok doesn't have the same playerbase as it once did and as a result it doesn't have the same economy. I'm not for botting but there needs to be alternatives that provide ways to get such important items. Gd boxes are a great start, was able to donate a few hundred mil in supplies that i would never have the time to farm before.

#125 PixelG

PixelG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

Exhale, apparently you missed the point in my original post where everything I said is centered towards teh fact that the game was "out on Steam now". I know it's not 2005 and the playerbase isn't the same. Steam presents a huge opportunity for this game, not to be restored to it's past glory, but to at least expand in terms of number of players. And its a HELL of a good opportunity. I'm not promoting a cleansing of this game for the current community. The goal should be having all these potential new players stick to the game. And bots + lag aren't gonna do that job. The Steam community as you might already know, isn't that forgiving. One bad rating spreads like a disease. I just can't approve of people that would pass on an oportunity to fix this game a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users