75 replies to this topic

#26 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out here.

I was originally the one who suggested something like a 5v5 premade to a certain GM because since a bunch of kids kept on complaining about premades. Just gonna clear the air around me, I am NOT taking anyone's side here.

My original intention was supposed to be just plain 5v5s for hardcore PvPers. I never had intended to ask them to implement imbalanced runes to the game but heck, Gravity loves to take a deuce on the economy and say, "Who gives a f_ _ k?"

I don't play this game anymore but I heard it from some of my friends who still play this game that these runes are imbalanced. 

Last but not least, it's a PvP map. If you can't take the PvP, you don't belong there. 

#27 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:36 PM

So let me get this straight your idea of "griefing" is the superior team securing their victory and then allowing you to farm the rest of the match?  Sounds like they are doing you a solid guy and this is what you are complaining about?

Now I understand the frustrations of being matched up against a team of people who clearly out match you in gear and that no matter how hard you try you will never beat them.  Telling someone get a better team, or get better gear is not the solution.  Why should a new level 50 not be allowed to PvP, there are no restrictions to allow people in.  I've said it time and again, the answer to this predicament is random teams.  10 people queue up and then get set on random teams.  This may upset guild members because they want to play together, well...you will be playing together, just on opposite teams.  This shouldn't be a problem for those who come to PvP because they enjoy it, in fact this should be more enjoyable because you will probably have a better fight on your hands than that against a pug team.

Right now and since the start of Jehoons, the pug teams have been feeding the guild teams their runes making them considerably harder to defeat.   Once the chance to gain runes for ourselves outside of having a victory, these guild teams will no longer have opponents, because there will be a 0% chance of a random pug team of defeating you and hence a 0% of anyone getting the defense or attack runes.  This is going to be a game ender.

The unfortunate thing is, I don't think any actions will take place towards Jehoons that will improve it before the time runs out.  As far as nerfing these runes, I can already see that coming a mile away and the call for it will only intensify when the event is over.

#28 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

My intention was to help uphold Exodus reputation by helping them take care of griefers in the guild, but so far it seems like it backfired because Exodus doesn't seem to care about its reputation. gg

1. The whole point is for teams that aren't as good to avoid teams that are good. The beauty of this is that it will force good teams to only play against other good teams, and games will be more evenly matched. Thats how you find opponents: other good teams being rejected by opponents who aren't as geared will face you if they really want to play. I still don't see how this is abusable in any way.

In any case I heard the farming events end on the 18th, but this still doesn't solve the problem of greifing.

2. Killing statues doesnt take long anyway. I have seen teams win a match as fast as 2 min 30s before. The rest I have addressed in point 1: again not abusable.

3. The MMORPG I was referring to was Maple Story. Its been years since I last played but from what I remember you could set up rooms for matches from 2v2 up to 6v6, and you were shown your opponents and lvls, and could accept or decline them. You could organise teams to farm, but that didn't stop anyone from making matches for the purpose of winning only. If the farming events end on the 18th like I heard, you won't have to worry about farming parties anymore but even if it doesnt its still not a problem.

4. As I said in my first post, I would much rather the previous 3 suggestions than this one. I don't think this suggestion would really work well anyway.

I didn't say that your guild was full of griefers. I just said that the actions of a few are ruining the guild image as a whole.

If thats what you really wanted its really not that hard. There's several things you can do:

-Create 2 teams of 5 within your guild willing to fight each other and try to queue against each other. If you aren't against each other, finish the match fast and queue up again

-If you don't have that many people in guild willing to fight each other, then just put an equal number of guild members on each team and pug the rest.

Usually its only the actions/attitudes of a few that ruin the guild image as a whole. Before I jump to any more conclusions, let me ask this: Does Exodus really want people with this kind of attitude in the guild?

If you really don't want to go up against farmers, you would end the match straight away and try to queue up against someone who will fight back. If you want to make people hate you by aggravating them thats fine, but it reflects bad on the guild that you are in. In any case I heard the farming events end on the 18th, but this won't stop the problem of griefing.

EDIT: I had some Exodus guild member PM me to give them names of people with poor attitudes in the guild. It remains to be seen if anything will be done. At least one Exodus guild member seems to care about the guild reputation. About time.

My my. Aren't you being pretentious. 

1) If you really cared you would have settled this quietly by PM'ing relevant Exodus contacts on the forums or in-game. You continued your QQ rant thingo across this thread, the Nice Boat recruitment thread and the Exodus recruitment thread. What we don't care about is your ridiculous self-indulgence in trying to appear morally superior (which you really aren't doing a very good job of) - so it's really quite audacious of you to suggest that you are trying to be of any help when you are clearly just venting. Exodus members on the forums will not assuage your doubts about our guild because the opinion of someone so clearly bent on vilifying us is not wanted. 

Did you try that stroll I suggested? I think that'd help.

2) While your suggestions may have some scant grounding in trying to make things 'fair' and might have some valid points, you have to accept that people have the right to disagree. You go on the attack like a rabid dog to anyone who poses a threat to your posting sovereignty. You did this when I first posted. You went on an illogical rampage and then proceeded to dig up an old topic on the forum to slander me. If a stroll is too strenuous how about some yoga?

3) You have been jumping to conclusions the whole thread. Your words are hollow. "Does Exodus really want people with this kind of attitude in the guild?"

I would much rather avoid your sort - the drama generating QQ'ing type.

ADMINS and MODS - please close this thread. It's clearly a rant. If it's truly a suggestion then it should be moved/restarted to the appropriate sub-forum.

#29 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Okay, I'm just gonna throw this out here.

I was originally the one who suggested something like a 5v5 premade to a certain GM because since a bunch of kids kept on complaining about premades. Just gonna clear the air around me, I am NOT taking anyone's side here.

My original intention was supposed to be just plain 5v5s for hardcore PvPers. I never had intended to ask them to implement imbalanced runes to the game but heck, Gravity loves to take a deuce on the economy and say, "Who gives a f_ _ k?"

I don't play this game anymore but I heard it from some of my friends who still play this game that these runes are imbalanced. 

Last but not least, it's a PvP map. If you can't take the PvP, you don't belong there. 

I think you mean if you can't take the constant loss you don't belong there.  If that is the case there will be no one playing there.  5v5 premade matches won't work because there aren't enough players!  Maybe in the future if they can turn what we have around they can institute that option later.  Right now we need a game balancer and it's not "go get better gears" or "go get a better team" because in the mean time while we are doing that you have no opponents and you will lose interest and by the time we are ready you won't be around anymore.

I'm telling you guys over and over because I want more people to take it to the GM's and the Dev's, randomize the teams!!  Haven't you guys ever played a game against a friend and had fun winning or losing against them?  Having the bragging rights over them cause you stomped them, or calling them names because they beat you fair and square?!  Who doesn't love that, I know I love that!  That is what PvP is all about.

#30 McBacon

McBacon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

My intention was to help uphold Exodus reputation by helping them take care of griefers in the guild, but so far it seems like it backfired because Exodus doesn't seem to care about its reputation. gg

1. The whole point is for teams that aren't as good to avoid teams that are good. The beauty of this is that it will force good teams to only play against other good teams, and games will be more evenly matched. Thats how you find opponents: other good teams being rejected by opponents who aren't as geared will face you if they really want to play. I still don't see how this is abusable in any way.

In any case I heard the farming events end on the 18th, but this still doesn't solve the problem of greifing.

2. Killing statues doesnt take long anyway. I have seen teams win a match as fast as 2 min 30s before. The rest I have addressed in point 1: again not abusable.

3. The MMORPG I was referring to was Maple Story. Its been years since I last played but from what I remember you could set up rooms for matches from 2v2 up to 6v6, and you were shown your opponents and lvls, and could accept or decline them. You could organise teams to farm, but that didn't stop anyone from making matches for the purpose of winning only. If the farming events end on the 18th like I heard, you won't have to worry about farming parties anymore but even if it doesnt its still not a problem.

4. As I said in my first post, I would much rather the previous 3 suggestions than this one. I don't think this suggestion would really work well anyway.

I didn't say that your guild was full of griefers. I just said that the actions of a few are ruining the guild image as a whole.

If thats what you really wanted its really not that hard. There's several things you can do:

-Create 2 teams of 5 within your guild willing to fight each other and try to queue against each other. If you aren't against each other, finish the match fast and queue up again

-If you don't have that many people in guild willing to fight each other, then just put an equal number of guild members on each team and pug the rest.

Usually its only the actions/attitudes of a few that ruin the guild image as a whole. Before I jump to any more conclusions, let me ask this: Does Exodus really want people with this kind of attitude in the guild?

If you really don't want to go up against farmers, you would end the match straight away and try to queue up against someone who will fight back. If you want to make people hate you by aggravating them thats fine, but it reflects bad on the guild that you are in. In any case I heard the farming events end on the 18th, but this won't stop the problem of griefing.

EDIT: I had some Exodus guild member PM me to give them names of people with poor attitudes in the guild. It remains to be seen if anything will be done. At least one Exodus guild member seems to care about the guild reputation. About time.

Im fairly certain that it is not your job to keep watch over Exodus member and u do not need to remind the leading players of exodus since they play the mode themselves.

It rather seems your trying to create some beautiful hate with your thread by saying we would not care about our reputation.

As i have heard you are a Collision member yourself, so you should probably rather be concerned about your own guild than ours, right?

As i said to your 1), after 5 minutes or more , a concede button wouldnt be half bad, but right at the start isnt a good idea since you never know if you actually lost the game or if you are still able to win. You seem to believe facing of bad teams against good teams is not a good idea but you are actually mistaken, by facing of bad teams that try to play that game against good team, they can learn from what they do. Master Jehoons Training Site is not all about gear, a good strategy is worth much more.

By playing against good players you can start to copy what they do and move up in "Tiers". But how should players get any better when they never learn anything new? I've seen players with just T1 Colo facing off experienced exodus teams and playing fairly well against them to the point of a 5k point lead and even the win.

In the beginning when training grounds came out, i had not much of a clue what exactly is the first priority, so i just did what i could think of what was best. Then i started playing against the Ice team of Intramuros and failed quite alot against them, learned from them and now i miss playing against them to be honest :(.

But back to the point of 1), it is an abuse of the button if you keep on dodging the good teams, because lets say theres only one "good" team out there at that very time, and the rest are so called "bad" teams, how is that good team supposed to get a game, if the other teams keep on abusing this button? And you do not know how it currently is for my team. Sure i can defeat a statue fast and move to the next game where i meet farmers again and again and again till i dont even want to bother and just quit for the time being.

And i said , i would agree with the button, but only if it has this time delay, so you are forced to play against them, because without it you could dodge every hard match up and just go for sure wins by abusing the concede button. And the griefing that is apparently done within the training grounds is probably barely done within the first five minutes, so there is no need to end the game earlier.

We already set up guild teams with which we try to play against each other, but as the system works , that is not even easy when farmers are waiting on the red base and we both join the game at the same time.

With your weird problem of griefing , you should probably first ask yourself if it is just that you are bothered by this, because i have not seen many complaining about anything else other than prolonged matches and spawn campes, since both of these can be shut down with a concede button that u can use after a certain time delay. spawn camping shouldnt happen until that minute mark, unless you are not even putting up a fight and just let them do as they please but even then it probably takes most teams up to 4minutes till they reach the base , and the prolonged matches issue is solved after this time delay till the button is availale for use.

Take this opinion as you will from a person who farms and does not take colo seriously.

Part of why people farm instead of TRY as you put it, is they already know they don't stand a chance or don't have an interest in PvP. However, there are rewards given that better the pve experience as well as items desired such as union boxes and phantom stones.

As in another game I played PVP and PVE were not separated,which caused a conflict between the player-base. It wasn't until the developer acknowledged the problem, and the communities compromised that it got better.

It would solve a few issues if Jehoon had a third option, wherein farmers had a timed limit and no player enemies to fight. But instead, allow two teams to compete to clear their own side, awarding pve rewards.

Then make pvp mode award only pvp rewards. Lessen the connection by making farming less beneficial in this version. But enhance the benefits for player statue kills.

A concede button could work, only if a drawback were attached. Say 15 minute lockout.

Match-ups could work, but it would still need work to make it fair. Use the highest pvp rank to determine match-ups. People who are strong will match with those alike. Novices will battle novices.

Anything can be solved with compromise, not with accusations and insults.

The only things that are of interest for the PvE players on this map are the Union boxes and the 1 Thief Pot, but the Phantom stone is only aquirable by winning a match, which is most of the time for farming teams not possible as they gave up on the win. But for what all the player come are the PvP runes that u can farm through the quests, so i dont see the point for purely PvE interested players to come to this map so much.

i do like the idea of the 15min locketout for whoever uses this button though.

#31 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

So let me get this straight your idea of "griefing" is the superior team securing their victory and then allowing you to farm the rest of the match?  Sounds like they are doing you a solid guy and this is what you are complaining about?

If stalking someone until they reach a mob with invis classes such as ranger/assassin, and then proceeding to kill them is called allowing them to farm, when the victory is already secured, yes this is my idea of griefing.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 14 December 2013 - 08:33 PM.

#32 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

My my. Aren't you being pretentious. 

1) If you really cared you would have settled this quietly by PM'ing relevant Exodus contacts on the forums or in-game. You continued your QQ rant thingo across this thread, the Nice Boat recruitment thread and the Exodus recruitment thread. What we don't care about is your ridiculous self-indulgence in trying to appear morally superior (which you really aren't doing a very good job of) - so it's really quite audacious of you to suggest that you are trying to be of any help when you are clearly just venting. Exodus members on the forums will not assuage your doubts about our guild because the opinion of someone so clearly bent on vilifying us is not wanted. 

Did you try that stroll I suggested? I think that'd help.

2) While your suggestions may have some scant grounding in trying to make things 'fair' and might have some valid points, you have to accept that people have the right to disagree. You go on the attack like a rabid dog to anyone who poses a threat to your posting sovereignty. You did this when I first posted. You went on an illogical rampage and then proceeded to dig up an old topic on the forum to slander me. If a stroll is too strenuous how about some yoga?

3) You have been jumping to conclusions the whole thread. Your words are hollow. "Does Exodus really want people with this kind of attitude in the guild?"

I would much rather avoid your sort - the drama generating QQ'ing type.

ADMINS and MODS - please close this thread. It's clearly a rant. If it's truly a suggestion then it should be moved/restarted to the appropriate sub-forum.

1) You incited the rant. It wouldnt have happened if you contacted me for names and took care of the problem. But you clearly aren't interested in your guilds reputation.

2) People have the right to disagree as long as they have valid points that they can completely back up. So far I haven't come across any logical points to counter my suggestions.

3) So you don't care about the attitudes of griefers in your guild. Well there seem to be others in your guild who do care and have PMed me. If the problem of griefers in your guild is taken care of, I will apologise on the forums. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

#33 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I think you mean if you can't take the constant loss you don't belong there.  If that is the case there will be no one playing there.  5v5 premade matches won't work because there aren't enough players!  Maybe in the future if they can turn what we have around they can institute that option later.  Right now we need a game balancer and it's not "go get better gears" or "go get a better team" because in the mean time while we are doing that you have no opponents and you will lose interest and by the time we are ready you won't be around anymore.

I'm telling you guys over and over because I want more people to take it to the GM's and the Dev's, randomize the teams!!  Haven't you guys ever played a game against a friend and had fun winning or losing against them?  Having the bragging rights over them cause you stomped them, or calling them names because they beat you fair and square?!  Who doesn't love that, I know I love that!  That is what PvP is all about.

This is another good suggestion. Randomizing the teams could help make it more evenly matched.

I have to disagree with 5v5 premade matches not working though. I'm sure there's more than 10 good players to form a fairly evenly matched teams. And even for times when there isn't, if theres 6 good members for example, they can each split into 2 groups of 3 and each team takes on 2 pug members. I'm sure there are people out there willing to join if they are gonna get evenly matched instead of completely stomped. Plus they will actually learn something. If people new to the map are getting stomped game after game because they dont have any good players on their team, they will give up and they won't learn anything.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 14 December 2013 - 08:57 PM.

#34 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

1) You incited the rant. It wouldnt have happened if you contacted me for names and took care of the problem. But you clearly aren't interested in your guilds reputation.

2) People have the right to disagree as long as they have valid points that they can completely back up. So far I haven't come across any logical points to counter my suggestions.

3) So you don't care about the attitudes of griefers in your guild. Well there seem to be others in your guild who do care and have PMed me. If the problem of griefers in your guild is taken care of, I will apologise on the forums. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

1) My first reply was a general one. In your reply you went right for the jugular. There's no point in contacting an emotional person for feedback because emotional people cannot process reverse-side arguments well. You clearly haven't gone on that stroll. How about a massage. Thai massages are very nice I hear. After-massage sexy time is optional (and possibly illegal though).

2) This is an message board not an academic journal, or even a classroom. If you're so desperate for logical counter-arguments with solid evidence or what-not, how about you accept that your views on the matter may not necessarily be the most correct or feasible. There is no reason any poster here should present to you a solid case when you are not considering it in a lucid state of mind. 

3) I'd much rather you apologise for the scene that you have cause on the forum. Forum drama-queens are deplorable. You can claim you would apologise if your conditions are met, but that's most likely fluff. 

How about donning a frock for us? That'd make the drama a bit more fun. 

#35 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

Fine I'll apologise, I'm sorry, I never meant to cause drama on the forums in the first place. However, griefing is a problem whether you want to acknowledge it or not. I'm sure that most people who have been griefed would feel the same way. You would have to experience it to understand.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 14 December 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#36 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:02 PM

Honestly, you shouldn't be apologizing. Is this controversial? I don't think so. But I do believe you need to look at both sides of the story (not directed at the OP)

#37 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:12 PM

1. I still strongly disagree with randomizing teams. (my opinion is heavily biased for the most part)
  • Jehoon requires a lot of coordination and teamwork in order to win ( against good teams).
  • The odds of a troll or an afk'er being on my team will dramatically increase
  • I do not want to carry people just because I decided to start doing 5v5 from the moment it came out in aod gear, farm my t2 gear, get runes and am now "strong"
  • I LIKE TO PLAY 5V5 WITH MY GF
  • I like to play against my guildies but also enjoy doing 5v5 as a guild team.

2. I would like to suggest something be done to players who insult and slander the names of people who do 5v5 just because they are killed on a pvp map while "farming"

• It is very annoying when I get called an ^_^ for not letting people farm
  • RUSHING ME TO END A GAME THAT I AM ALREADY RUSHING FOR YOUR SAKE ONLY MAKES ME WANT TO KILL YOU MORE
  • It hurts my feelings
  • I feel bullied
  • It makes me want to coax your team into fighting back.

Edited by Baddiez, 14 December 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#38 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Personally I have never insulted or slandered names of people who have killed me only once or even a couple of times while I'm farming. I understand its a pvp map and I am fine with that. Although I have experienced others who insult/slander just because they die once. However, in my opinion, stalking people until they reach mobs or camping invis near the mobs, or spawn camping crosses the line, especially when victory is already secured. I'm not saying you do it, I don't know whether you do or not. But there are people out there who do these things.

Also, I actually enjoy fighting back against an evenly matched team. But when the rest of my team wants to farm, its not like we have a chance anyway. Doesn't mean the other team has to aggravate us.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 14 December 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#39 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

The only things that are of interest for the PvE players on this map are the Union boxes and the 1 Thief Pot, but the Phantom stone is only aquirable by winning a match, which is most of the time for farming teams not possible as they gave up on the win. But for what all the player come are the PvP runes that u can farm through the quests, so i dont see the point for purely PvE interested players to come to this map so much.

i do like the idea of the 15min locketout for whoever uses this button though.

Someone here isn't aware that the ChungLimSa Runes are affecting things outside of PVP environments as well. Do you really want things like Sins tanking RM H alone without any help for an entire minute with these runes?

Here's one thing that must be changed: Keep the ChungLimSa Runes to PVP please. There's absolutely no reason for it to be working on non-PVP related things.

#40 KuroHono

KuroHono

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

Someone here isn't aware that the ChungLimSa Runes are affecting things outside of PVP environments as well. Do you really want things like Sins tanking RM H alone without any help for an entire minute with these runes?

Here's one thing that must be changed: Keep the ChungLimSa Runes to PVP please. There's absolutely no reason for it to be working on non-PVP related things.

Honestly, 10% is a bit too much. I think 5% is reasonable because you can equip it to other T2 gears and we all already know its completely imbalanced.

#41 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

I would like to apologise to Exodus guild as a whole, now that I have calmed down a bit, I admit I jumped to a few too many conclusions after I took Aikyou's flame bait of "Get over it, it's a game" and went on a bit of a rampage after assuming Aikyou was the guild leader when he said "I would kick you out of my guild if you were in it". I appreciate that the matter has been settled quite quickly (within a day) and the people involved with griefing has been talked to by the higher ups in Exodus.

On another note, as a heads up, there have been a lot of other randoms I have met in Jehoons who have talked bad about Exodus. It may be wise to make your stance on griefing clear in order to clear up any misunderstandings. Just reading through the posts in this thread again, it seems like you do not support griefing but tolerate it to some degree. Although the actions taken by higher ups in the guild indicates you are against it.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 15 December 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#42 Feliface

Feliface

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

Ooo randomized teams could be pretty awesome too '-' although id still wanna have matches where I can pick my teammates  :gg:

also, yeah we dont agree with griefing at all [but theres some trollly teams on the map who abuse the term :ani_swt3:]

#43 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

Ooo randomized teams could be pretty awesome too '-' although id still wanna have matches where I can pick my teammates  :gg:

also, yeah we dont agree with griefing at all [but theres some trollly teams on the map who abuse the term :ani_swt3:]

I'm also not against premade team matches, but I think for the time being, in order to try to salvage this game mode, randomized is the way to go.  Once more of a player base is installed, they they could do a seperate queue for premade teams I think.

#44 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

The thing is randomizing teams will do nothing. I have been doing 5v5 since it came out as of now anyone who does finish their event quests before they are removed, will still be 300+ wins behind me (5 attack runes). After the patch those who did not complete their quests will be 660+ wins behind me (6 attack runes 5 defense). The difference in power is too big for those who are just now deciding to start doing 5v5. Even if they nerf it to 5% which someone suggested, one person will still be able to solo an entire team easily. I do it with defense runes imagine a ranger with 6 attack runes doing the same....As is 5v5 is ruled by those who decided to start it when it released(or have the money to buy runes off players who have more than enough). I'm not saying that I am better than anyone becuase I no lifed it and spent hours in 5v5. I'm just saying that the time players have invested in 5v5 is not just for show :D we got stuff for doing it, and that will for quite a while put us ahead of the lesser geared people. One recommendation i could make would be to get into chaos( not trolling) and try to get good seed runes % if you are having a hard time in 5v5. The utility provided by green runes is quite useful in 5v5 and can sometimes be a deciding factor in who lives or who dies. :D

Edit: sorry for spelling/punctuation kinda rushing this since woe is soon

Edited by Baddiez, 15 December 2013 - 09:40 AM.

#45 RainbowMamba

RainbowMamba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'd like to mention that I myself are happy with the imbalance of the Chung runes, those attack runes are great to sell to certain people willing to pay a pretty penny so please keep them imbalanced because I use to be poor, but now i'm not :) yay for attack runes

P.S. I feed on the QQ'ing of randoms in 5v5, don't change a thing~

#46 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

I don't know what game designer in their right mind thought to make such overpowering items as the Chung runes, and put them in an environment where they self perpetuate. ...Except this is Gravity we're talking about. If they even thought about it for half-a-second, they would've had the runes give a 2% effect instead of a 10% effect.

This all reminds me of RO1's battlegrounds, particularly Flavius where you could spawncamp a team for the whole 30 minutes instead of trying to win the game objective. History repeating itself. :p_err:

#47 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

So much face-palming was done when someone told me that Chaos Runes work in Colo, but ChungLimSa Runes do not, yet at the same time, ChungLimSa Defense Runes work in PVE. But hey, both work in Jehoon's, so I guess it makes sense. I kinda wonder if the Attack Runes work in PVE, too... :p_swt: 

#48 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

I understand the OP's issue, when I was on my undergeared cres, instead of finishing the round and

killing the statue the other team spawn camped and ignored the main statue hoping to get some BP.

At times like this I wish there was a concede button where our main statue self destructs and the

match ends.

A really good idea tho would be to require a res button to be clicked after the kill cd is over, so that

everyone on the team can res at the same time.

#49 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

■ Chunglim runes-> keep to pvp only and just for pvp.

■ Chaos runes-> pve only.

■ Keep "farming" and "pvping" separate. They do not and never mixed well.

You should NEVER be forced to do pvp in order to succeed in pve, or as a "shortcut" to skip raid progression and straight out get gear equivalent to higher tier raids. Thats ridiculous, you're basically prioritizing pvp>pve there. They are separate things, and if they mix, it should be players who decide so and not the game features itself. Some people like one more than the other, some enjoy both. Both playstyles should be respected. Otherwise simply make the game entirely pvp and scratch the pve completely.

■ I'm okay with raids being "hard" and "tough" and requiring lots of teamwork to complete. But they should be designed in order to only require that; VIPs and p2w items, higher-tier-gear, and joining a "pr0 raiding guild", should NOT be a basic requirement for ANY kind of raid. Those things I mentioned should only make the run "easier" or if anything, "smoother", but should NOT be the only way to do them successfully. Some of you can argue with me and give me crap arguments and excuses as to why I'm wrong; you know VERY WELL what I mean. Content doesn't need to be nerfed, it needs to be BALANCED, REDESIGNED, which is something completely different than "nerfed". I don't want a super-fast-easy RMH, if I wanted that I'd just go bug him.

■ Solve the annoying and long-known bugs along with the extreme lag/fps caused by the UI and whatever else and the insane amount of resources this game takes. There's people with computers way more than enough for this game, much much newer and powerful, and still have issues with this game, really low fps, lag, stupid wtf bugs and glitches, etc. That only makes even HARDER to beat raids. Hell, I'm pretty sure if this alone were solved, people would already be able to beat raids without so much suffering. What do we need to play this game "without lag/low fps"?? NASA's computers and connection!?

...And that's already some ways to balance the game, mechanics-wise. I rather not go into the current ingame economy state because thats a whole different matter altogether. Less bs-> less stress/idiots-> less griefing. Will griefing be solved for ever? Nope. Will trolls and -_-y elitists stop bothering? Nope. But it will happen less often. Heck, we could probably see less bugging/cheating!!

#50 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

■ I'm okay with raids being "hard" and "tough" and requiring lots of teamwork to complete. But they should be designed in order to only require that; VIPs and p2w items, higher-tier-gear, and joining a "pr0 raiding guild", should NOT be a basic requirement for ANY kind of raid. Those things I mentioned should only make the run "easier" or if anything, "smoother", but should NOT be the only way to do them successfully. Some of you can argue with me and give me crap arguments and excuses as to why I'm wrong; you know VERY WELL what I mean. Content doesn't need to be nerfed, it needs to be BALANCED, REDESIGNED, which is something completely different than "nerfed". I don't want a super-fast-easy RMH, if I wanted that I'd just go bug him.

Agreed with this. So much this.

And to make this post relevant to the topic; if characters who join the TG have standardised class stats like in colo I'm sure more people will play and make one-sided curbstomps less likely.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users