#1 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

I think I'm close to taking another one of my various-month-long breaks from RO. I'm just so bored with this game, especially with how slow the Job EXP goes for my High Wiz, even with the Board-Monsters. Also have no patience for making money for my Priest, who is almost ready to rebirth.

C-A

#2 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Same here.. I'm just logging in my merchant to vend then my ranger to do TI and Mora daily quests then that's it... *sigh*

...I hope they will give 3x exp and drop this X-mas..  :rice: 

#3 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

Wow. i can't believe you're complaining about exp on a trans class.

Edited by Lapphy, 16 December 2013 - 05:43 AM.

#4 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:51 AM

Wow. i can't believe you're complaining about exp on a trans class.

I've played RO for various years, I remember when we only had the First Classes and I never got too far with Second Classes for a long time and my High Wiz is the first character I got to trans on a non-private server, so I am not used to leveling that far.
Ditto on Third Classes, even if I had rebirth'd beforehand, I wouldn't have any reason to level myself that high up.

I also dislike the idea of getting money on a pre-trans character because I'm just gonna lose it in the end, anyway. Unless Gravity finally goes through with that changed requirement of not needing to have 0 Zeny when you rebirth! Or input a Bank System! It works, it does! I've seen various private servers doing a bank system and it works perfectly.

Same here.. I'm just logging in my merchant to vend then my ranger to do TI and Mora daily quests then that's it... *sigh*

Urgh, I haven't even logged in for the TI for the past few days, anyway. It's too boring - and no, solo-leveling on an "outside" map would not make it seem any more interesting, in case anybody felt like saying that.

Heck, I'd rather go back to private servers again of actual pre-renewal. At least there I can kill a monster that is 20+ levels higher than myself and gain a nice, big chunk of EXP from that, rather than be forced on a train-rail of what monsters I can or can't defeat and gain an almost pitiful amount of EXP from that.

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 16 December 2013 - 05:52 AM.

#5 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

Er, you'll probably think this is rude but I'm just genuinely curious. Why make a thread like this?

#6 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Er, you'll probably think this is rude but I'm just genuinely curious. Why make a thread like this?

I dunno, maybe it's a nice little curtesy thing to say that I may be leaving for a while. Mostly I've been in Low TI right now with my Priest, so there's one less priest running around and I know priests are the ones always needed in TI parties.

Also, isn't this kind of thread a bit nicer to see compared to the various threads lately about Spam Bots and How Dare They PM Me Now and all that?

C-A

#7 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

I'm feeling almost the same here...I mean I got a Sura 100/12 and a Bio 96/64 but somehow I lost my drive (plus stuff happening here at home)

I think that the worst part for me has been leveling my Bio thorugh Homun parties in lowTI....it's so boring and yet for some reason I don't like being afk too long...not to mention loyaling my Amistr...the little bugger is still in Neutral (I should have started keeping track of the feeding so at least I had a general idea of how much far it was from increasing the loyalty....)  And I won't attempt more Homun parties until I can get VIP again. (To do both monsters at once)

#8 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:25 AM

I dunno, maybe it's a nice little curtesy thing to say that I may be leaving for a while. Mostly I've been in Low TI right now with my Priest, so there's one less priest running around and I know priests are the ones always needed in TI parties.

Also, isn't this kind of thread a bit nicer to see compared to the various threads lately about Spam Bots and How Dare They PM Me Now and all that?

C-A

I see, good luck with whatever you do if you decide to take a break. We'll manage with or without you (harsh, but true, no offence <3 ).

#9 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

no offense: The phrase everyone uses when they want to say something offensive. Heh

#10 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

well considering 99ing a trans class before renewal took like 343m exp from 98 to 99, being severely reduced to taking about 8m to 99 from level 98...

I don't see how anyone can complain about exp being "slow"

Especially when they've experienced both ends of the spectrum.

#11 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

well considering 99ing a trans class before renewal took like 343m exp from 98 to 99, being severely reduced to taking about 8m to 99 from level 98...

I don't see how anyone can complain about exp being "slow"

Especially when they've experienced both ends of the spectrum.

True. With the jump event last time, i was able to reach level 1 to 99 in less than 2 weeks (which I heard was actually slow)...

#12 asidic1

asidic1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

the job exp is slow without vip/bmx3/job manual and not all characters can kill all monsters from eden board quest 91-99.

#13 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

Try taking 2 years to get your first 99/70 char, THEN tell me your qq about no vip/bmx3/job manual is slow

#14 asidic1

asidic1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

it is slow compare to those who have vip/bm/job manual. do you get it??

#15 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

They need to properly balance the experience chart curve for beyond level 99. When you get less than .1% exp for dropping an entire mob, it's garbage. And they expect you to do that for an additional 50 levels? How the hell are people gonna level to the even higher level cap in kRO? Unless you are consistently slaughtering MvP's solo, it's gonna be ridiculous.

#16 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:31 AM

it is slow compare to those who have vip/bm/job manual. do you get it??

pre-renewal leveling will infinitely be slower than ANYTHING renewal has to offer.

yea it's annoying on a non vip class but honestly, with what renewal has, turn ins, eden boards, and all those easy exp crap, non vip/ bm/ job bm isn't hard at all. especially when almost any class can now solo and one shot or do high dps.

when i started, i went to 3rd class without any of that s/hit in a few weeks to a month, idr, and before I found out the benefits of vip. no dumb TIs existed, eden boards were still there, but the grind wasn't bad especially since there were daily parties are certain leveling areas with the same people 10-12 who y'know you talked to and made friends with. the reason logging in and ti-ing with randoms is boring is because 1. it is, and 2. you don't make any ever lasting friendships in a 10-30 minute TI party. you're basically soloing with a big group of people. yawn.

as for having no will to make zeny because you "lose it all later" really? 1.285m is HARDLY anything, even when someone first starts. it's so easy to pick up items and NPC on a OC merchant, which is exactly what I did. and yea, without mobby ass TIs to give loot, without hbps. you *le gasp* manually picked up stuff. and easily that was 500k-1m every time I emptied my storage. if you went to moscovia to do some grinding during its spotlight, first of all the monsters gave like 5-6k exp per kill on a NON VIP TRANS, the crystal mirrors, and other loots sell for like 10k. if you need to store money then make a 2nd account and just trade zeny onto it. it's NOT THAT HARD. you don't need a bank system for it, that's ridiculous. that's so dumb to think you need *exactly 1.285m* before transing. LOL wtf?

go ahead and quit because RO is just too hard. in reality all it's become is way easier than in the past, and i'm not even talking about pre-renewal. all i'm talking about is before they had TIs, HBPs, etc implemented, which has made this game infinitely easier, but infinitely more boring if you don't have the right group to play with. the reason. it's "too hard" for you is because you're just mindless doing the same things over and over again without any prospects of making money, or expanding your skills, views, and where to travel.

this game isn't about instant gratification to 150. there's a lot to do while 150ing. getting to max SHOULD take a while even though it's possible for it to take a very short time. and it's your choice what to do. if you want to 150 in a few days then yea, you SHOULD be investing more time and money into it.

also about vip - getting vip isn't hard either. you DON'T need real money to do it, and you don't even need zeny. I have guildies that get 1500kp AND VIP every month thanks to that 1500 KP vip offer without payin any sort of currency. How? doing payment offers and surveys. you can probably get 100-200 WPE Per day doing this. so they get VIP AND 1500 KP to sell which banks them like 150-175m every time they can get the wpe/kp enough to xfer. so stop complaining that people with VIP are PAY2WIN and have so much more advantage over non vip members. seems like people without VIP and complain are just too lazy to put any effort into obtaining it.

tl'dr

this isn't a post saying "oh no don't quit". don't blame it on game mechanics for RO being too hard. if it's too hard and too grindy, then you should just stop playing MMOs.

Edited by KamiKali, 16 December 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#17 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9328 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

I soloed the low TI with my wiz to high wiz to warlock. It got more exp than being in a party. If you have witch pumpkin hat+ alarm mask combo or some other form of headgear healing thing it's quite cheap too. Really only worked when the monsters were not water property though. I was doing this on a VIP character. (but he was taxed 50% so it was really less exp than a non-vip would get) I think I was averaging like 1 level in a day or 1 every 2 days or something. It did get boring after a while, but sometimes you gotta do things you don't necessarily want to do in order to get something more rewarding.

#18 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

there are so many parties looking for hwiz in low ti tho ><

#19 s0rrow

s0rrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

Heck, I'd rather go back to private servers again
C-A

Private server the place where you kill a poring worth ten levels and high level gears are sold at npcs. No wonder you complain about "slow" EXP and difficulty in money making.

#20 asidic1

asidic1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

pre-renewal leveling will infinitely be slower than ANYTHING renewal has to offer.

yea it's annoying on a non vip class but honestly, with what renewal has, turn ins, eden boards, and all those easy exp crap, non vip/ bm/ job bm isn't hard at all. especially when almost any class can now solo and one shot or do high dps.

when i started, i went to 3rd class without any of that s/hit in a few weeks to a month, idr, and before I found out the benefits of vip. no dumb TIs existed, eden boards were still there, but the grind wasn't bad especially since there were daily parties are certain leveling areas with the same people 10-12 who y'know you talked to and made friends with. the reason logging in and ti-ing with randoms is boring is because 1. it is, and 2. you don't make any ever lasting friendships in a 10-30 minute TI party. you're basically soloing with a big group of people. yawn.

as for having no will to make zeny because you "lose it all later" really? 1.285m is HARDLY anything, even when someone first starts. it's so easy to pick up items and NPC on a OC merchant, which is exactly what I did. and yea, without mobby ass TIs to give loot, without hbps. you *le gasp* manually picked up stuff. and easily that was 500k-1m every time I emptied my storage. if you went to moscovia to do some grinding during its spotlight, first of all the monsters gave like 5-6k exp per kill on a NON VIP TRANS, the crystal mirrors, and other loots sell for like 10k. if you need to store money then make a 2nd account and just trade zeny onto it. it's NOT THAT HARD. you don't need a bank system for it, that's ridiculous. that's so dumb to think you need *exactly 1.285m* before transing. LOL wtf?

go ahead and quit because RO is just too hard. in reality all it's become is way easier than in the past, and i'm not even talking about pre-renewal. all i'm talking about is before they had TIs, HBPs, etc implemented, which has made this game infinitely easier, but infinitely more boring if you don't have the right group to play with. the reason. it's "too hard" for you is because you're just mindless doing the same things over and over again without any prospects of making money, or expanding your skills, views, and where to travel.

this game isn't about instant gratification to 150. there's a lot to do while 150ing. getting to max SHOULD take a while even though it's possible for it to take a very short time. and it's your choice what to do. if you want to 150 in a few days then yea, you SHOULD be investing more time and money into it.

also about vip - getting vip isn't hard either. you DON'T need real money to do it, and you don't even need zeny. I have guildies that get 1500kp AND VIP every month thanks to that 1500 KP vip offer without payin any sort of currency. How? doing payment offers and surveys. you can probably get 100-200 WPE Per day doing this. so they get VIP AND 1500 KP to sell which banks them like 150-175m every time they can get the wpe/kp enough to xfer. so stop complaining that people with VIP are PAY2WIN and have so much more advantage over non vip members. seems like people without VIP and complain are just too lazy to put any effort into obtaining it.

tl'dr

this isn't a post saying "oh no don't quit". don't blame it on game mechanics for RO being too hard. if it's too hard and too grindy, then you should just stop playing MMOs.

As I stated above it is slow. Not very slow. You may have lot of experience before. How about those new players? Tell me how long they have to spend play ro until they manage to play well. It is okay for new players to complain. Their knowledge are limited. Please do not compare your experience with 1-2 months old players. I played on 0.5x rate server and able to reach 99/70 without taking too long period.

Edited by asidic1, 16 December 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#21 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

As I stated above it is slow. Not very slow. You may have lot of experience before. How about those new players? Tell me how long they have to spend play ro until they manage to play well. It is okay for new players to complain. Their knowledge are limited. Please do not compare your experience with 1-2 months old players. I played on 0.5x rate server and able to reach 99/70 without taking too long period.

i started without experience just like everyone else. no one starts RO with some magically acquired knowledge on how to do everything efficiently.

before you play anything and invest time into it, you should do at least some research before diving head in. i JUST said in this post on how to get monthly vip and 120-150m every month without doing much in game.

to find out tips and tricks and ezmodes, you should put some effort in. no one should be spoon fed, and no one should be spoon feeding anyone.

also survey and watching video options are there on the payment page. you don't even need to read some guide about getting VIP. people that don't do it and then complain that they have to pay real money for VIP are just LAZY.

#22 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

i started without experience just like everyone else. no one starts RO with some magically acquired knowledge on how to do everything efficiently.

before you play anything and invest time into it, you should do at least some research before diving head in. i JUST said in this post on how to get monthly vip and 120-150m every month without doing much in game.

to find out tips and tricks and ezmodes, you should put some effort in. no one should be spoon fed, and no one should be spoon feeding anyone.

also survey and watching video options are there on the payment page. you don't even need to read some guide about getting VIP. people that don't do it and then complain that they have to pay real money for VIP are just LAZY.

As for the surveys and stuff... No, it's not available to everyone. Yes, there were some offers for me when I first started playing here, a few years ago; made maybe ~300 WPE with that and it remained empty since then. So yeah, not everybody lives in the USA.

#23 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

As for the surveys and stuff... No, it's not available to everyone. Yes, there were some offers for me when I first started playing here, a few years ago; made maybe ~300 WPE with that and it remained empty since then. So yeah, not everybody lives in the USA.

you can change those initial reqs to say you live in the U.S. if you don't want to, then that's your choice lol.

Edited by KamiKali, 16 December 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#24 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

you can change those initial reqs to say you live in the U.S. if you don't want to, then that's your choice lol.

These things check your location by your IP adress, not by location you input into your WP profile.

#25 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

I also dislike the idea of getting money on a pre-trans character because I'm just gonna lose it in the end, anyway. Unless Gravity finally goes through with that changed requirement of not needing to have 0 Zeny when you rebirth! Or input a Bank System! It works, it does! I've seen various private servers doing a bank system and it works perfectly.

I'm not pretty sure if I understood your statement correctly, but you don't really lose your zenies. You can actually just open up another client with another account, give your zenies to your other character, transcend, go back, deal your high novice with your other character, get your zeny back.

I don't see the reason why you would complain about losing your money, really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users