The only thing that is really wrong that has been mentioned here are the skill descriptions (including RIL's SP requirement, which says 80 instead of 30) and the sprite errors (could also take some time to fix the stupid behavior after GFist, and every sinlge monk in here should know what I'm talking about). Also, after being interrupted casting certain skills (like Zen pr Spirit Sphere Absorb) the character gets stuck and won't do certain actions like attacking, you need to move one cell or recast another skill to set yourself free; sounds small but it's pretty annoying.
Now I'll rant about the combo damage since everyone has proposed their own adjustments (that will probably end up being completely ignored):
Monk and champ combos got a nice buff, but I think they are still short in DPS. The damage doesn't worth the pain since these skills have so much requisites:
- You need certain amount of spheres (and recast spheres after every combo).
- You need trifecta to trigger.
- Even when it triggered, takes a while to perform the full combo.
- You just CAN'T use them if you are lagging a bit.
- When you reach certain ASPD there is no other option than just spamming your Ragging Quadruple Blow key every time you are hitting a monster.
- High SP cost (a full combo can easily take more than 100 SP, not even counting the zen requirement). Linking yourself is a pretty good option, but having to link yourself would be another contra of the combos.
Makes me sad to fulfill all those requirements to see HSCR or CS doubling or tripling CCC's damage, which only require to press a button and select target (and some zeny for HSCR). I still like the combo way a lot and I'm sticking with it because it does have lots of advantages, but having to fulfill all those requisites to do less damage than almost every other melee class in the game is what bothers me. I'd suggest to remove the sphere requirement for all the combo skills except CCC.
Edited by Anibe, 11 November 2010 - 06:38 AM.