Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 26 May 2011 - 03:34 PM

So what do you think about the change to Av?

#152 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

So what do you think about the change to Av?

TOTALLY USLESS.... i dont know why people was asking that.... thats a minstrel skill, skills like song of despair needs to be instant!!!!!!!!!! why manhole and the other traps are that spam-able? also fiber lock its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better, the issue where deep sleep lullaby affects guildmates and party menbers should be fixed too....

#153 DarkSound

DarkSound

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

I cant log in, Maintinance still on?

#154 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

TOTALLY USLESS.... i dont know why people was asking that.... thats a minstrel skill, skills like song of despair needs to be instant!!!!!!!!!! why manhole and the other traps are that spam-able? also fiber lock its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better, the issue where deep sleep lullaby affects guildmates and party menbers should be fixed too....

Oh boy, you're back again...

Song of Despair has no fixed cast time so it can be instant with a lot of work. But, get ready to complain again because they nerfed the skill on kRO so that it can't be placed beneath an enemy's feet.

The only fix it really needs is to not affect players in PvM.

As for AV cast times, some one else is going to have to test and report on it. I'm not paying them for 2 skill resets to test it out (if they put the damage back up to pre-renewal standards I might, but it's no good, as is, for leveling as a 3rd class performer).

#155 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:48 AM

I can test AV on my Wanderer later, but I have serious doubts about the change. Magic strings never gave you the ability to dance AV any faster, I am not sure why manually editing the delay from 2.8 seconds to 0.5 seconds would.

#156 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

Went and tested it. Yup.

As I said on iRO wiki when Heimdallr announced it...

"0.5 sec cast delay on Arrow Vulcan..? Has heim ever even played a performer?". The delay reduction may or may not be implemented, but much like magic strings, you can't move or use offensive skills until the 3 second long swinging animation is nearly over. Nothing's changed here. All that is different is improve concentration can be used halfway through the AV, which doesn't help because it doesn't break the swinging animation. The skill has a huge re-use throttle that cannot be circumvented, which is why 0 cast time is fair on this skill for DPS, but heim is really ignorant of the game he manages and thinks that 0 cast time means infinitely close to infinite dps on this skill like other skills (say cart canon). Which is not the case.

#157 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

On a side note I think Heim needs to play this class. but Ya I reset just to Test Av. It needs to be lowered some more, and second if there going to mess with some trans skills they might as well up Tarot card Success chance also.

And other thing. I want to see an improvement on KVM weapons for performers.

#158 Lucentos

Lucentos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

Arrow Vulcan just needs no cast time and x1.5 times more damage than now.

#159 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:42 AM

Arrow Vulcan just needs no cast time and x1.5 times more damage than now.

+1 to that

while they are at they might as well make tarot card 50% Chance.

#160 ElZorro

ElZorro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hello,
First of all, i don't know if they are really bugs or intended, but ill post what i think.
When you change to maestro, your sp drops a lot, so sp regeneration. Then you have to spend 10 skill points to have nearly the same sp as before and a little more sp regen.
In the other hand, sp regen from voice lesson is cool because it works when you are playing bard songs as long as you stand still, but is a little low and it is the only sp regen like skill that is not influenced by max sp in any way.
Other thing that might be a bug is that, as long as i know, reverberation is meant to cost 24+4xlvl sp so, lvl 1 costs 28, lvl 2 costs 32 and lvl 3 should cost 36, but lvl 3 costs 38 sp.

Appart from this, i think that reverberation should not split damage between monsters, if you think it would be very overpower, just change the sp cost a little, but i don't think it would be considering the other third jobs aoes or severe rainstorm and the difficulty to strike targets with it since it has a very small area. It would be grate to if the damage of this skill would combine like other skills with more than one hi, like double attack that displays in white the single attacks and in yellow the combine damage of the twho attack.
This is all i can say right now since i've just turned into Maestro and i have low joblvl.

Edited by ElZorro, 10 June 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#161 ElZorro

ElZorro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Oh, i forgot to say that i don't know why the Maestro song's hat is for minstrel and not for maestro, as long it is given in the MAESTRO quest change and is MAESTRO song's hat this way pre-bard maestro can wear it and not only pre-minstrel maestro.

#162 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:39 AM

Oh, i forgot to say that i don't know why the Maestro song's hat is for minstrel and not for maestro, as long it is given in the MAESTRO quest change and is MAESTRO song's hat this way pre-bard maestro can wear it and not only pre-minstrel maestro.

AFAIK, you can still wear it once you're maestro even if you didn't become a minstrel. it just goes Maestro>Minstrel.

#163 ElZorro

ElZorro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

AFAIK, you can still wear it once you're maestro even if you didn't become a minstrel. it just goes Maestro>Minstrel.

No, I can't. I tried it and I changed from bard.
It say,Jobs:Minstrel and when I try to wear it I receive the message "you can't put this item on"

#164 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:57 AM

It say,Jobs:Minstrel and when I try to wear it I receive the message "you can't put this item on"

Ic, I think the main reason that some who didnt go through bard can wear it is because the Job "Maestro" used to be "Minstrel"... I think the GMs need to check this.

#165 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

Please post your inputs here: Performer Skills Review

#166 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

The problem is probably that you aren't level 100 yet.

#167 ElZorro

ElZorro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

You might be right, I've checked it and it requires lvl 100, (another nonsense as long as you can only get it at lvl 99). I hope I can use it at lvl 100.
Thank you very much.

#168 ElZorro

ElZorro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

You were right, thanks, i've lvled to 100 and i can use it ^^

#169 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

Glad to be of service! Good luck as a Maestro.

#170 Yenii

Yenii

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

I was a little confused as well on why so many people were pushing to have AV looked at. yea, I understand that it's still important for newer folks to level as trans but comeon.. The suggests on the first post were amazing and yet looking at the skill updates that were posted but Heim .. just bleh. The great echo tree needs to be looked at/buffed whatever .. most of the new songs are horrible and have little to no effect in pvm or woe .. our main damage skill we have to use a bow? yet it's cool cause they lowered AV cast right? :\

#171 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

I wanted to know if anyone has tested the Kvm weapon yet with AV.

#172 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

I haven't, but to be honest, with only 50 ATK, that thing isn't going to even scratch players, even with +14. Unless maybe they have their shield and hat stripped, with fire armor on, and with you using crystal arrows. Oh and with lex, provoke, a BSB, and a medal of honor or the sign.

In all seriousness though, it will really suck and so I wouldn't waste 2k badges on it. I'm pretty sure the main point of that guitar is the auto cast of Tarot, but now that AV has a cast time and does low damage, you're better off skipping both skills. Unless of course you're leveling to reach Maestro, in which case you should probably use an Oriental Lute instead if you really want to level with AV.

#173 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:59 AM

You might be able to get a few people in one hit if there, Frozen, Sleeped, and hit with Wind Arrows, here and there it could be possible, but ya I understand what ya mean. Using it on third's it isn't going to do that much damg. But then again you never know in till you try am still going to try and get one to +9 o0 aleast 12 and see what I can get out of it damg wise.

Also down the line if they do buff the weapon it wouldn't hurt to have one sitting around intill then.

Edited by Yanzan, 18 June 2011 - 05:02 AM.

#174 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

You might be able to get a few people in one hit if there, Frozen, Sleeped, and hit with Wind Arrows, here and there it could be possible, but ya I understand what ya mean. Using it on third's it isn't going to do that much damg. But then again you never know in till you try am still going to try and get one to +9 o0 aleast 12 and see what I can get out of it damg wise.

Also down the line if they do buff the weapon it wouldn't hurt to have one sitting around intill then.

Um, no. You couldn't 1 shot good players even if they were frozen and you had wind arrows PRE-RENEWAL, much less post renewal when people have 50,000~70,000 HP in WoE.

I have the Brave Battle lariat and it does poor damage on demi humans compared to the queen's whip, carrot whip, etc.

Edited by Jaye, 18 June 2011 - 05:05 AM.

#175 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

Um, no. You couldn't 1 shot good players even if they were frozen and you had wind arrows PRE-RENEWAL, much less post renewal when people have 50,000~70,000 HP in WoE.

I have the Brave Battle lariat and it does poor damage on demi humans compared to the queen's whip, carrot whip, etc.

Lol true but I play in valk I barely find good players lol.

but if that base damg was a bit higher hmm maybe.

Edited by Yanzan, 19 June 2011 - 05:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users