#26 Hugh

Hugh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

+15 reinf hope with skill crit, +13 reinf daybreak belt and neck, enchanted with skill crits, lvl 72 boots and gloves +3, black sun s1 with hp/cons, attack power +5 with skill crits. true, I have +20 ruan but it's enchanted with 3 s1 rh magic claws no thigh ranks and srsly there are better weps out there dpswise. I could use tbf magic shield and wand and have the same result.

my gear isn't anything special. anything else to add?

nothing special...ok

#27 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:46 AM

nothing special...ok

besides the ruan that is like standard gear bro
and perhaps the black sun but that is less dps than foc

Edited by Syre, 02 November 2010 - 11:47 AM.

#28 Hugh

Hugh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

besides the ruan that is like standard gear bro
and perhaps the black sun but that is less dps than foc

dont forget 72 gear

#29 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:51 AM

nothing special...ok

dpswise? it's average gear. HPwise it's a different story. however we ain't talking about HP here, we're talking about dmg output. I was in a party with a 77 mystic the other day, I was 76, I took all aggro. he had foc set, I had my hp set.
you do not want to see me in foc set with all that scad stuff going on >_>

the only thing that makes my defiler different than most is the HP.

LOL at 72 gear XD it's +3 THREE it gives the same scad as the foc set boots and gloves! and LESS CRIT coz of no CRIT BONUS of the two parts! LOL

Edited by XRay, 02 November 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#30 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

gives give him less actually because he needs to reinforce them more. I think in party grind bomb puts defiler ahead of others along with its slew of aoe

I should say defiler has more aoe grind power potential

Edited by Syre, 02 November 2010 - 11:54 AM.

#31 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:58 AM

I lol'd. Have yet to see a mystic who will outaggro me in JS....

+1 after the changes your proposed. Only 20-20 stacking cs whores do (and only mystic/defiler ones, LOL).

Also, lol at mystic solo'ing ability after RUMORS occur.

Edited by TigerNinja, 02 November 2010 - 12:00 PM.

#32 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

Dmg =/= Aggro for Tempests by the way.

Tempest AoEs do way less aggro per point of damage.

#33 Hugh

Hugh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

dpswise? it's average gear. HPwise it's a different story. however we ain't talking about HP here, we're talking about dmg output. I was in a party with a 77 mystic the other day, I was 76, I took all aggro. he had foc set, I had my hp set.
you do not want to see me in foc set with all that scad stuff going on >_>

the only thing that makes my defiler different than most is the HP.

LOL at 72 gear XD it's +3 THREE it gives the same scad as the foc set boots and gloves! and LESS CRIT coz of no CRIT BONUS of the two parts! LOL

i tihnk you over estimate other ppls gear, ive done a lot of Js and mystic almost always gets aggro switch

when i played js with 67 mystic (using "standard" gear) I was geting aggro with 77 defilers/78 tempests in pty..^^

gives give him less actually because he needs to reinforce them more. I think in party grind bomb puts defiler ahead of others along with its slew of aoe

I should say defiler has more aoe grind power potential

yea but still not standard anyway

my defiler sucks at outside grind compared to my mystic

Dmg =/= Aggro for Tempests by the way.

Tempest AoEs do way less aggro per point of damage.

I've always wondered how aggro is calc.. maybe not just dmg, I remember a while ago I thought shaman had bonus aggro dmg..although I dont think so anymore. I wonder how you concluded tempest has less agro per dmg :(

Edited by Hugh, 02 November 2010 - 12:12 PM.

#34 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

you really think that ppl use sth less than +10 foc sets? +13 ornament exi is the least one can manage and skill crits are there anyway.

I've no idea who you've partied with but there is no chance you can manage to get aggro from defilers like myself, Kinkey, QoDecS. yes yes, my friends and guildmates, not my fault we all rock the defilers -.-'

#35 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

i pull aggro of you like all the time pff :(

#36 Hugh

Hugh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

you really think that ppl use sth less than +10 foc sets? +13 ornament exi is the least one can manage and skill crits are there anyway.

I've no idea who you've partied with but there is no chance you can manage to get aggro from defilers like myself, Kinkey, QoDecS. yes yes, my friends and guildmates, not my fault we all rock the defilers -.-'

I have partied with lots of ppl.. anyone whose party i can get in..and as a general observation mystics get aggro switch most of the time.

The reason why is defiler and mystic have 2 "good" aoes but one of mystics has 10.5s cooldown while the others are 20s+. I've not played tempest but as I understand they have 3 aoes but 1 of them is for 4 targets only. Also mystic gear generally gives int rather than mnd.

Edited by Hugh, 02 November 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#37 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

I've said it before but most mystics suck at their class. A decent geared mystic that can play his class will pull agro over a similar geared/lvl'd/skilled defiler.

#38 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:18 PM

I've said it before but most mystics suck at their class. A decent geared mystic that can play his class will pull agro over a similar geared/lvl'd/skilled defiler.

Most probably.

#39 Archangel92

Archangel92

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

avenger end of story

#40 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

My mystic is now 73 and since 71 has been able to do a full Alban PD run, killing all mobs, in about 12-13 minutes. I am still working on him but its pretty decent for that lvl.

@XRay funny you say you havent met a mystic who can out aggro you. I havent met any aoe class, other than one other mystic who does it occasionally, who can pull aggro from me in JS.

Apolyon is my shammy on hammerine and anyone who has done grind with me thanks me afterwards for taking pretty much 100% of stuns. I grind with plenty of different people and different classes most of whom are higher level than me.

Edited by Commander, 04 November 2010 - 05:01 PM.

#41 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

I grind just fine on mobs with my Mystic. They take a bit more work to play tho since we dont have any uber CCs like Defiler/Temps do. We gotta worry about our def/healing & Dmg while we kill since we essentially tank our prey. For the most part tho our 2 AOEs are more then enough to take out any mobs outside of JS. Might have to throw in a Flame Arrow or BH to finish off the straglers.

As for a defiler taking aggro over a Mystic. Only happened once to me & thats cuz the jerk was uber geared. Not sure what mystics ur talking about but I find it hard to believe that a Defiler would out dmg a Mystics AOEs/DoTs.

Edit:
Oh also Healing Totem & Protection Totem help Mystics get more aggro as well.

Edited by Zuru, 04 November 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#42 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:39 PM

Because Valdes has many mystics that just aren't that good. When I found a mystic that I could grind with and not get stunned...he went on my friend list for future runs. The uber fail ones never got to party with me again (Juiceman or w/e is name is). I'd take a druid or a sin rather then a fail mystic just out of principle.

#43 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

lol Arent u guys all about PvE. Mystics are PvE heavy. Not sure how people can suck at being a Mystic. They are a pretty easy class to play for PvEing.

#44 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Maybe it's about play style too. When I grind I go balls to the wall aoeing and casting :P to kill as fast as possible. Many of the fail mystics are too stupid/lazy to spam their fire rain...or which ever skill has 10.5 sec CD...been awhile since I played. They'll cast it once and just pick their nose I guess.

One of the mystics I liked to party with was fireehealer (Zaraky)....need more like him.

#45 Zuru

Zuru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 977 posts
  • LocationChicago~

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:52 PM

Oh yea. Thats how I am. FR, HF, FA, BH, FR, FA. Rinse & repeat also throwing down Healing Totem & Protection Totem since those help take aggro.

#46 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:52 PM

My mystic is now 73 and since 71 has been able to do a full Alban PD run, killing all mobs, in about 12-13 minutes. I am still working on him but its pretty decent for that lvl.

@XRay funny you say you havent met a mystic who can out aggro you. I havent met any aoe class, other than one other mystic who does it occasionally, who can pull aggro from me in JS.

Apolyon is my shammy on hammerine and anyone who has done grind with me thanks me afterwards for taking pretty much 100% of stuns. I grind with plenty of different people and different classes most of whom are higher level than me.

I don't see what is funny about it, is more sad that mystics can't take second aggro from me. too bad ur not on valdes, I'd love to try and grind with you ;x

#47 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:52 AM

I don't see what is funny about it, is more sad that mystics can't take second aggro from me. too bad ur not on valdes, I'd love to try and grind with you ;x

Well the reason i said "funny" was because my experience was so different. I just cant see how so many ppl can fail at mystic. IMO a mystic job is to take the stuns due to inherently higher HP from a 2k buff. Mystics have 2 nice AOE and several other multiple target skills, some with DoTs. Add to that the totem and healing fairy and it is so easy to pull aggro.

To give an idea I have 0 high ranks. I am wearing RBB wand/shield and +10 exi jewels lol. Nothing uber. I do have S2 RH armor +11 which is decent for int but has low crit % so I have to make up for it with the IM in jewels and our new buff coming soon.

Edited by Commander, 05 November 2010 - 02:55 AM.

#48 KaraSimsek76

KaraSimsek76

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • LocationTurkey
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:26 AM

Mystic is in my opinion best AoE char, it´s really fun :P
And Mystics do much more dmg then defi/tempest...

AND only class who can take aggro from me... Mystic is the real AoE killer :P

#49 Alexandar

Alexandar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

Defies definetly :P Terms of Service + fog + storm + AoR = death mobs . And you don`t get even a single hit :P

#50 wizkid776

wizkid776

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:38 AM

my point here in this post is, can you do AoE dmg in as early as lvl 50-60??? i have still have to study the skills of a Mystic..... :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users