Mass Suspensions Oh My! - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Mass Suspensions Oh My!

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

POPULAR

Today we caught a bunch of players (around 300 accounts were affected) who has purchased items and zeny from gold selling websites. This is part of our ongoing efforts to combat spammers and those who support them. If you find yourself suspended you will need to ticket in to the GM team to be considered for account release at https://support.warpportal.com.

Please understand, I feel bad that it has come to this. We obviously were not able to reach out to these users and inform that engaging in RMT related activities is illegal and risky. One thing to keep in mind if you ever are even slightly tempted to buy zeny or items is you are entrusting the future of your account to not only to the company which you decide to deal with but also everyone else that they deal with. Every single user they sell to is a potential source for us to break the case and catch them, the company, and you... trust me this always happens and it causes hurt feelings all around.

So never buy zeny, never pay for powerleveling services, never engage in RMT. Please play the game normally and enjoy this wonderful game called Ragnarok Online.

#2 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

the wire

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

#4 BloodlessChrome

BloodlessChrome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Server:Chaos/Clandestine Society

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

WHat if all your zeny comes from selling/trading Karfa items and WPE?

#5 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

WHat if all your zeny comes from selling/trading Karfa items and WPE?

If we can verify the trades then accounts can be released without censure. Just make sure you explain where it came from if you need to write in.

#6 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

Thank you for posting this.

Every thread concerning RMT from a credible source is helping raise awareness as to how and why the behavior is unnacceptable.

We hear of bans and suspensions all the time from QQing players requesting it be reversed, but never anything concrete from your end, which fosters a whole lot of confusion in the playerbase as to why there's all this silence and secrecy around it.

Do this kind of thing more often! lol we should get a ban statistics thread or something, so you could show off your bot and RMT splatting numbers, without names of course, and put the fear of swift and heavy reprisal in these guys xD

#7 SirLumen

SirLumen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

This is awesome guys, this will lead to less spammers, and less bots, and a better game :p_love:

But , this scares me a bit, in a few days (i hope) and if everything goes well, i will but a lot of WPE and kafra thingyes for to sell :p_swt:  am i in danger if i do this? :p_conf:

I mean i read your last post but, i will get a heart attack if i want to log in and find that i am banned lol :p_omg:

If it is just a GM asking ingame would be better cause i plan to take screenies of everything lol!

#8 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Camp, I think a main problem is some people DON'T KNOW that purchasing zeny is wrong. I'm definitely not excusing the majority of the people that purchase zeny, but there are those from other servers where it's normal. There is nowhere on the patcher that says purchasing is bannable, and the announcements in game makes no suggestion that buying zeny from spammer bots is wrong either.

I'm all for combating botting problems, but I hate seeing innocent players who just didn't know get banned as well.

If you could add such a notice to the patcher, or having that announcement in game, it'd be beneficial to those who do play by the rules, but just didn't know the rules.

Also, the gm/skype incidents haven't be occurring anymore, so perhaps it'd be a good idea to replace it with an alert about purchasing zeny.

Edited by KamiKali, 09 January 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#9 4903130505104317417

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

what about if you gain zenny by working as a group and player transfer zenny to help the new party member out to speed up their development ? How are we going to prove that we did not buy zenny? Or admin never make mistake....

#10 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

This is nice to see.

#11 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

I guess it's for renewal server. 

On classic that would be a ban for half of the server. xD

Or maybe it's both servers. 

Keep up the good work! 

#12 jenkat

jenkat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

If you could add such a notice to the patcher, or having that announcement in game, it'd be beneficial to those who do play by the rules, but just didn't know the rules.

On Classic, at least, I have seen in-game global announcements reminding that RMT is bad and against the rules.

I do agree that a patcher notice is a good idea too.

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

It used to be on the patcher

#14 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Camp, I think a main problem is some people DON'T KNOW that purchasing zeny is wrong. I'm definitely not excusing the majority of the people that purchase zeny, but there are those from other servers where it's normal. There is nowhere on the patcher that says purchasing is bannable, and the announcements in game makes no suggestion that buying zeny from spammer bots is wrong either.

I'm all for combating botting problems, but I hate seeing innocent players who just didn't know get banned as well.

Also, the gm/skype incidents haven't be occurring anymore, so perhaps it'd be a good idea to replace it with an alert about purchasing zeny.

It was headlined in the old patcher " Don't  buy zeny with $$ "  . Guess they should update this patcher with a header as well.

#15 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Camp, I think a main problem is some people DON'T KNOW that purchasing zeny is wrong.

This is also my view on it. I have made a post about it in the "how to obtain god items" thread, making clear "it" is against the rules, and people shouldn't engage in "it". Yet my post was deleted, and every reply to it. Ralis posted a 'don't talk about "it"' message and that was that. If you want to combat something, you first need to make it an open topic so people can atleast warn others not to do it, and why it is bad.
People need to see/hear it is against the rules. If you block their eyes/ears from the truth (e.g. you'll get perm banned for RMT, it hurts the game, ...) that is just unfair to them.

#16 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

The amount of spams for zeny selling service by bots >>>>>>>>>>>>> the amount of notifications that buying zeny is illegal by GMs.

Seriously, I think GMs can learn some lessons from those bots and randomly whisper to any char in Eden HQ that buying zeny is illegal.

Edited by stygionyx, 09 January 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#17 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

The amount of spams for zeny selling service by bots >>>>>>>>>>>>> the amount of notifications that buying zeny is illegal by GMs.

Seriously, I think GMs can learn some lessons from those bots and randomly whisper to any char in Eden HQ that buying zeny is illegal.

I hope you can compare on how much spam whispered to you today and before Inubashiri team updated their nospam.

Also, if GM do whisper every character in game saying "Don't buy zeny, it's illegal", that still can annoy people and they might reply the whisper asking for this and that *cough*. GM has done that on old patcher before, but now we are using new patcher, the warning is gone, plus the old loading screen too have warnings on don't buy zeny.

#18 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

I think you could learn some lessons about wtf you're talking about ~_~

#19 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

And so the botters remain...

#20 TheGull

TheGull

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

I don't think there is any excuse for buying zeny from gold farmers. If you really want easy zeny so badly, sell Kafra shop items or WPE. If you're smart, you make almost as much money as if you had bought it from gold farmers (trust me, I'm an engineer I did the math), while at same time helping the company that actually publishes and maintains the game you're playing instead of just feeding bots.

#21 7995131114085654670

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hi Campitor,

Do you mind to look into my ticket submitted to support?

Ticket Number:, Status: Open

Thanks

Was wondering whether the warpportal support staff work on weekends ?

Please don't post your ticket numbers it can lead to other players viewing your tickets.

#22 JRox

JRox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Well i got my account banned till 2014-01-15 but i still dont know the reason, i sent a ticket to know why, but im curious if someone knows where can i find why thy banned me, im pretty sure i didnt broke any rule, can someone please help me?

*edit*

I sent the ticket but i lost my code number coz im noob T_T i checked my email and i dont have any automated response or anything please help T_T

Edited by JRox, 10 January 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#23 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

Well i got my account banned till 2014-01-15 but i still dont know the reason, i sent a ticket to know why, but im curious if someone knows where can i find why thy banned me, im pretty sure i didnt broke any rule, can someone please help me?

*edit*

I sent the ticket but i lost my code number coz im noob T_T i checked my email and i dont have any automated response or anything please help T_T

https://support.warp...in/default.aspx

login again and click view tickets

#24 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:28 AM

*edit*

If that is your suspension date then most likely it was for an ill mannered issue of some sort.

#25 JRox

JRox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

https://support.warp...in/default.aspx

login again and click view tickets

I've tried that but i dont find the option "view tickets" mind telling me where it is please D: ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users