Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

POPULAR

Rebirth of Ro2

The paradigm for an MMORPG is one that keeps players actively interested. Since the launch of Ragnarok Online 2 we've seen players come and go.

To avoid sounding redundant and overly convoluted, I have posted a concise version of what is necessary to revive and better Ro2.

There you will see listed are the conditions, and the current guild leaders from various guilds that support this ideology.

oAx4QT5.jpg

All prevalent fixes pertaining to fixes, balances, and classes are ultimately in the hands of the developers.

Although we can become a part of the solution if we take an active role in identifying bugs and proposing balances,

realize that Ro2 is one of the many games that Gravity works on so their time for game coding is limited.

There are several posts on the WP forums allocated for each class to organize ideas on balances.

I will personally organize all Ro2 related information into spreadsheets listed below. 

I forgot where I got some of the information, if anyone can verify me the OP that'll be helpful.

Spreadsheets:

[Bugs]

[Balances]

[Artisan Craft]

[Blacksmith Craft]

[XP Mastery and Crafting Materials]

[Elements]

[SeedRunes]

Fan Sites:

Ro2Base

ROGuard

Gaming-Base

If they follow efficient protocols in dealing with ticket submissions, the customer service would be seen in a more positive perspective.

The current method of the ticket system is lethargic.

Ro2 community's dogma on the ticket system is: "Just... submit a ticket...." in high hopes that it will be eventually resolved.

Standard wait time for a ticket resolved was 2 weeks, although that may not be the case for everyone.

Organization as I stated previously will help expedite fixes for bugs and balances.

This will also help identify whether it is pre-existing or new.

It will also help if the WP Team gives us an ETA on bug fixes. 

Please don't keep us in the dark.

It is common knowledge that numerous things in the game are unbalanced. WP team is aware of these unbalances,
and has put effort into listening to the community for changes.

Although, I feel that recent changes (AoV Patch) have diluted game play, and challenging PvP and Raids are things of the past.

Newer players coming to Ro2 are not aware of the Pre-AoV game play. [Click the images for videos of Pre-AoV raids].

yv70HfK.jpg                          tUyBoSe.jpg                         If0UEZ5.jpg

After the Advent of Valkyrie patch, sequential raids for gear became non-existent.

The other day I heard a GM saying to newer players to "skip all those dungeons, level to ML 20, and just craft Osiris gears". What?

You not only deprived the new player of game content but also effectively destroyed Pre-AoV content.

I just hope that the upcoming dungeons and raids will revert back to Pre-AoV gearing.

LgwhsBe.jpg

New content for Ro2 is self-explanatory. If we want to attract newer players and keep veteran players interested, new but stable content needs to be available.

I've never personally played Ro1, but I know it has such a rich lore that I fail to see a reason why game content for Ro2 is lackluster.

The main reason why Ro2 has players is because of nostalgia of Ro1.  

Let’s be realistic here, the company still needs revenue to run the game.

Previous to AoV, the devil costume set fiasco gave such a huge advantage that it created a gap between the P2W and F2P players. 

I have a proposition on an alternative source of revenue such as player customization, hairstyle change, marriage, and items that are not "Game-Breaking". 

Edited by Pr3, 05 March 2014 - 11:18 PM.

#2 Amasaki

Amasaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

Seconded.  :no1:

Edited by Amasaki, 27 February 2014 - 10:49 PM.

#3 Otiran

Otiran

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Ro2 had a massive and amazing fan base. Its sad to see it be at the state that it is!

Bumps for keeping this alive and having more people see this.

#4 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

The -_- irony is, to seed the osiris gear, you need chaos dungeon, and RM H is 10 times harder than Osiris

"-_- dungeon progression logic"

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Plugging this here:

http://forums.warppo...d-iro2-wp-team/

What I am about to post is stuff I've mentioned among many threads in the past as well as recently.

What Gravity needs is an improvement on their Quality Assurance(QA) process after a new patch is applied to a live server. Basically, they need to get into the game and test for any major bugs that might have surfaced as a result of said patch before opening the live server to the public, thus ending server maintenance/patching time. A sweep test for bugs must be done on any new feature post patch. It's not just that. Check for any possible updates to reported preexisting bugs.

They also need to ask for feedback regarding new and upcoming systems before implementing them. This is where a public test server can come in. It can be up during temporary periods for testing high priority updates and new content for polishing and feedback. You can't expect Honing to be a good idea in its intended form after hearing what Heimdallr has had to say about what it was intended to be. It doesn't matter if the bugs are fixed. It doesn't matter how long it's been since they've come up with the concept. It doesn't matter how much development time has been given to it. You never once communicated with the gaming community regarding this concept until the week of its implementation.

Finally, this last bit goes to the Developers and the iRO2 WP Team. You guys need to work on your communications with each other. In almost every update there is always something left out of the patch notes. It's either that or everything is updated at the very last second without any warning at all. You need to work on what can be done and what can't be done. The 100 Strong Cape Event is an old and prime example of miscommunication between the two main stakeholders, Gravity's development team for iRO2 and iRO2's WP Team. WP Team distributes the rewards. The Development team at Gravity produces the rewards. Both parties are blamed when the rewards cannot be produced as a result of a miscalculation in the quantity and development time available to produce said rewards for the aforementioned event. Feedback is important. Don't start developing content for a system that hasn't been given feedback by your gaming community. That's what got you in the Honing System mess in the first place. You wasted development time on something the community clearly could have helped you refine. You also developed the Master Class system without letting the community know that it is an upcoming feature.

Communication is important! I can't stress this enough. Communication must work between every stakeholder. This includes the gaming community. We've done our part in providing feedback and in reporting bugs. What we can't provide is feedback for things we don't know about! What are our concerns for such a system? What kind of potential problems can arise that you can't think of? This is where you turn towards the gaming community for feedback. What would interest the gaming community? What is worth developing? Have we considered the community's feelings regarding these things that we're developing for the future of the game? It doesn't just benefit the gaming community. It also benefits you and your business partner, Gravity's development team and WP's iRO2 Team.

#6 Jolliz

Jolliz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Support everything you said   :no1:

#7 KazuMizu

KazuMizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

:no1:

#8 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

Seems like a pretty legit post +1

#9 Rindoukan

Rindoukan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Odin Server

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

:no1: +1

#10 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

+25 Pounce

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

I've never personally played Ro1, but I know it has such a rich lore that I fail to see a reason why game content for Ro2 is lackluster.

The main reason why Ro2 has players is because of nostalgia of Ro1.

On this point, quests in RO1 were more about quality over quantity. Which is fine as quests are not a central feature of RO1, but they do add to the game in their own way.

Quests in RO2, on the other hand, went more for quantity over quality. That's perfectly fine as the game is meant to appeal to more of the casual crowd than the time-dedicated crowd of RO1. However, AOV removed quests from the game in an effort to make RO2 be more like RO1, but this failed miserably as they did not buff monster EXP to give us similar leveling options like there are in RO1. That is why you feel the content is lacking; because they did not give us the leveling options that exist in RO1 and thus it's more of a struggle to get through the game than it should be.

#12 DragoKan

DragoKan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

Really good proposals, now need to wait an answer from the WP and DEV in hope they hear the message from the community.

Hope they do something other then put -_- in the mall... :no1:

#13 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

First of all, we need to be realistic on what's giving the company to the customers.
As you are saying :

"All prevalent fixes pertaining to fixes, balances, and classes are ultimately in the hands of the developers. "

Why would they actually listen to WarpPortal now that they already lost more than 70% of the "Free to play" players and everything they released came with bugs/glitches and more unbalance between F2P and P2W players.
One abysmal statistic that any veteran player can see, is the famous Colosseum. Back on May-June 2013 there were +- 400 Colosseum's in 1 hour on the top schedules. Now on February 2014 from what i've seen there's no more than 6-10 Colosseum's in 1 hour on top schedule.
And that change was not caused of class imbalance or hit rate problems, cause everyone had the same gear and hit rate on it. They didn't want to fix bugs/game weakness that were MONTHS on it, like "out of range", "dead players", "skill bugs" "premades" and after 9 months...nothing changed.

WarpPortal and VEP's keep promising new and great content coming in this forums, and we all know it will be a failure cause Gravity refuse to code their content in a NA plataform, so whatsoever they release in the future(Jawaii/DW Tower etc),  will be bugged to the point to break the game.
Is more easy to see a cow flying than seeing this game being "fixed" if you know what i mean. Fixing all the content they skip already, class unbalance, (hit rate/dot's/skills/ Att/Mag. power) the PvP content, the economy they messed, ban Hackers/Botters and such, and bringing back the good players to this game is an IMPOSSIBLE MISSION.

I wonder how long will P2W players actually play this game without F2P ones to bring fun and quality to it. We will see.

Edit: Some typo.

Edited by Vau, 28 February 2014 - 01:23 AM.

#14 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:58 AM

First of all, we need to be realistic on what's giving the company to the customers.
As you are saying :

"All prevalent fixes pertaining to fixes, balances, and classes are ultimately in the hands of the developers. "

Why would they actually listen to WarpPortal now that they already lost more than 70% of the "Free to play" players and everything they released came with bugs/glitches and more unbalance between F2P and P2W players.
One abysmal statistic that any veteran player can see, is the famous Colosseum. Back on May-June 2013 there were +- 400 Colosseum's in 1 hour on the top schedules. Now on February 2014 from what i've seen there's no more than 6-10 Colosseum's in 1 hour on top schedule.
And that change was not caused of class imbalance or hit rate problems, cause everyone had the same gear and hit rate on it. They didn't want to fix bugs/game weakness that were MONTHS on it, like "out of range", "dead players", "skill bugs" "premades" and after 9 months...nothing changed.

WarpPortal and VEP's keep promising new and great content coming in this forums, and we all know it will be a failure cause Gravity refuse to code their content in a NA plataform, so whatsoever they release in the future(Jawaii/DW Tower etc),  will be bugged to the point to break the game.
Is more easy to see a cow flying than seeing this game being "fixed" if you know what i mean. Fixing all the content they skip already, class unbalance, (hit rate/dot's/skills/ Att/Mag. power) the PvP content, the economy they messed, ban Hackers/Botters and such, and bringing back the good players to this game is an IMPOSSIBLE MISSION.

I wonder how long will P2W players actually play this game without F2P ones to bring fun and quality to it. We will see.

Vau for USA president

#15 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:26 AM

You do know that Gravity is gonna take thier sweet-_- time to make game content more interesting. All they will update is the -_-ing kafra shop. We might see a more challenging raids and dungeons in 9001 years.

#16 chichee

chichee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:RoJ S7

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:56 AM

:no1:  :no1:

#17 benjamin01022

benjamin01022

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

i totally agreed.  :no1:  :no1:

#18 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

As you are saying :

Yeah.. this is kinda true too. Mainly the people around now are people who either have spent so much they don't want to leave or people who have really good friends and don't want to leave them (along with the occasional new player lol)

#19 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

Yeah.. this is kinda true too. Mainly the people around now are people who either have spent so much they don't want to leave or people who have really good friends and don't want to leave them (along with the occasional new player lol)

Vau's absolutely right, and that's true too, new players need to ask for help to clear their leveling dungeons because there isn't nearly enough new players of their level doing them. That's saddening and a pretty bad first impression of the game, one that doesn't motivate to keep playing.

#20 saoLian

saoLian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:46 AM

^1 

#21 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:51 AM

I agree with this. Hopefully its yet another wake up call to devs to realize the potential this game has and how much they're losing due to it being so poorly handled.

(welp..here I wanted to enlarge the pics but... I see that hyperlink to Colli's forums....)

#22 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

Well typed Pr3 ! 

+1

#23 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:46 AM

PR3 STOP RECYCLING MY GRAPHICS D:<

#24 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

i think "it's easier to find a needle in a haystack than seeing this game being fixed" is a better analogy. but i get what you mean
although, it's easier because you could just use a powerful magnet to pull the needle out of the hay stack. but then again, you could just put on a dvd of twister to see the flying cow. seeing the "Rebirth of Ro2" though,

Borat:Look, there is a woman in a car! Can we follow her and maybe make a sexy time with her?
Driving Instructor: No, no, no, no, no, no!
Borat: A-why not?
Driving Instructor: Because a woman has the right to choose who she has sex with.
Borat: WHAT…? You joke?
Driving Instructor: It must be consensual. How ’bout that?
borat_driving_wideweb__470x2960-300x188.

#25 Belegnir

Belegnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

*Reads OP*

Yep, and CosmicSwan, despite myself (the leader) being the only online member of the (dead) guild, support this too.

I'd definitely love the idea of more customization, especially considering the look and feel of RO2, and how that customization would definitely be a nice addition. In fact, I'd quit every MMO on my list just to play RO2 with customization every day.

Reading the other proposed ideas as well, I am definitely in support of this, especially since (if I recall correctly) that a few months ago, CMs have admitted to bugs being fixed as they come. This information may now be out of date with such a large time gap between now and then, but to have a full timetable for bug fixes in collateral with the other proposed ideas, that would be super, I'd invest in that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users