Patch Notes v498 - (3/25/14) Server Maintenance 2PM (-7 UTC) - Page 7 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v498 - (3/25/14) Server Maintenance 2PM (-7 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#151 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Can't even differentiate between zombies and ghosts. Tch..

Also I prefer closets over cellars, pretty please.

What about attics?

#152 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

What about attics?

If they're not too dusty and there's some free space, fine by me.

#153 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:40 AM

If they're not too dusty and there's some free space, fine by me.

Okay, to the attic with you then! :heh:

#154 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Its all about raiders and clerics. How about launcher bourgs and Mage? They seem to be dead even in TG. I've been playing Mage since the skill update, everyone keeps crying how OP they are or the damage is way too much and yet, I can even remember the names of the mage that played in CD since there's not too much that played it. I wasn't even going to make a suggestion but whatever. How come champs that has higher def than mage, even better damage at some point and can also get higher m-spd without losing too much def and they get immunity to stuns and sleep? Even clerics get immunity to mutes too. When in fact clerics and mage gets the same attention in wars (meaning 1st targets) most of the time and mages doesn't even get an immunity to mute.

So i'm just going to suggest that Mage should be immune to stuns ONLY when using mana shield. Or if others think that its too much then, probably the same as champs berserk then. But it would be on Mental focus skill, Once you cast it, you'll be immune to stuns for 30 seconds. With additional CD on Mental focus, maybe make it 20 seconds. I don't care what others may say but I've been keeping an eye on the other mages that played since the skill update. And its either Ive seen 5 (estimate) new mage that played and the rest are all the old mage that played even before the skill update. While on the other hand i can't even count how many new names I've seen on other classes like champs/raiders and scout.

About launcher bourgs , i think you should give more a-spd to the class. The only reason why launcher bourgs are still alive is because of CD. Lets face it. I've never seen a launcher bourg in TG doing wars for the last 2(?) years now. Launcher bourgs are only useful in CD because of their aoes. Their damage as a single target sucks. Unlike other classes with aoes like champs/mage where they both excel in single target and aoes.

Edited by Soda, 26 March 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#155 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Just curious but the bourgeois dual buffs. Last patch notes it says Jury Rigging and Wind Step are on the same cooldown, does that mean Layer Step and Jurry Rigging are also on the same cooldown?

The unique skill Dual Rigging only says it increases defense and magic defense on the description, when it should increase attack power too (probably does but the description is misleading). 

Also it seems it went unnoticed during the updates, but Mana Wave is still as useless as ever in the cleric tree. Even more so now with wand weaving increasing melee prowess you are better off just meleeing than ever using this skill, let alone investing points into it. 

Edited by Phish, 26 March 2014 - 10:22 AM.

#156 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

About launcher bourgs , i think you should give more a-spd to the class. The only reason why launcher bourgs are still alive is because of CD. Lets face it. I've never seen a launcher bourg in TG doing wars for the last 2(?) years now. Launcher bourgs are only useful in CD because of their aoes. Their damage as a single target sucks. Unlike other classes with aoes like champs/mage where they both excel in single target and aoes.

Personally I think not even in CD are they very useful. Their aoe damage is only equal to a champs/mages if they crit (which ofcourse doesn't happen all the time), their skills take even longer to cast than most other classes, yet their power isn't high enough to make up for the slow casting times. And single target capability is so bad that they could lose to a visitor in 1v1.

Edited by jerremy, 26 March 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#157 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Its all about raiders and clerics. How about launcher bourgs and Mage? They seem to be dead even in TG. I've been playing Mage since the skill update, everyone keeps crying how OP they are or the damage is way too much and yet, I can even remember the names of the mage that played in CD since there's not too much that played it. I wasn't even going to make a suggestion but whatever. How come champs that has higher def than mage, even better damage at some point and can also get higher m-spd without losing too much def and they get immunity to stuns and sleep? Even clerics get immunity to mutes too. When in fact clerics and mage gets the same attention in wars (meaning 1st targets) most of the time and mages doesn't even get an immunity to mute.

So i'm just going to suggest that Mage should be immune to stuns ONLY when using mana shield. Or if others think that its too much then, probably the same as champs berserk then. But it would be on Mental focus skill, Once you cast it, you'll be immune to stuns for 30 seconds. With additional CD on Mental focus, maybe make it 20 seconds. I don't care what others may say but I've been keeping an eye on the other mages that played since the skill update. And its either Ive seen 5 (estimate) new mage that played and the rest are all the old mage that played even before the skill update. While on the other hand i can't even count how many new names I've seen on other classes like champs/raiders and scout.

As I mentioned before, the classes that weren't given their "upgrade treatment" will be getting their attention in the future.

Just curious but the bourgeois dual buffs. Last patch notes it says Jury Rigging and Wind Step are on the same cooldown, does that mean Layer Step and Jurry Rigging are also on the same cooldown?

The unique skill Dual Rigging only says it increases defense and magic defense on the description, when it should increase attack power too (probably does but the description is misleading). 

Also it seems it went unnoticed during the updates, but Mana Wave is still as useless as ever in the cleric tree. Even more so now with wand weaving increasing melee prowess you are better off just meleeing than ever using this skill, let alone investing points into it. 

Bug reports have been made regarding your feedback, to be reviewed and fixed as needed.

--

As for all the suggestions, they will be taken to consideration for the future. Thank you everyone. :)

#158 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Personally I think not even in CD are they very useful. Their aoe damage is only equal to a champs/mages if they crit (which ofcourse doesn't happen all the time), their skills take even longer to cast than most other classes, yet their power isn't high enough to make up for the slow casting times. And single target capability is so bad that they could lose to a visitor in 1v1.

See, what you think about launcher bourgs is much worse that what I've stated. It frustrates me that the only time a class the gets a boost or gets tweaked is when a bunch of people on forums are complaining about that certain class. Not everyone uses the forums and based on the skill updates patch notes, there seems like be less than 30 people (maybe 20 below) who only gives their feedback. When someone like me suggests something and I dont have enough people to back me up, just because others are not using the class and some are being bias. Most of the time my suggestion just gets ignored or gets buried in a bunch of comments/feedback about the most talked about class.

I even forgot to mention knights on my last post. Same as mage/ launcher bourg. They're currently a dead class as well.

#159 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

As I mentioned before, the classes that weren't given their "upgrade treatment" will be getting their attention in the future.

ok.. good enough I guess.. Guess i'll just leave that suggestion for now then.

#160 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

See, what you think about launcher bourgs is much worse that what I've stated. It frustrates me that the only time a class the gets a boost or gets tweaked is when a bunch of people on forums are complaining about that certain class. Not everyone uses the forums and based on the skill updates patch notes, there seems like be less than 30 people (maybe 20 below) who only gives their feedback. When someone like me suggests something and I dont have enough people to back me up, just because others are not using the class and some are being bias. Most of the time my suggestion just gets ignored or gets buried in a bunch of comments/feedback about the most talked about class.

I even forgot to mention knights on my last post. Same as mage/ launcher bourg. They're currently a dead class as well.

Tweaks and boosts don't always happen cause of multiple complaints, sometimes one well thought out, backed up post can change things. But yes, a lot of suggestions often go unnoticed under the barrage of (almost spam) posts.

Also, I may have been a bit harsh in my words (I tend to generally be negative about things, for future reference) about the cannon bourg. If played well they don't do that bad, but from what I've noticed myself they seem to lose out to most other classes out there and aren't really useful in most situations.

#161 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Thank you Leo.  I understand there is a balance and you are looking at classes overall and how they interact.  I was not being disrespectful to anyone, at least I certainly did not mean to.  And I am sorry if I/we post too much but we really do care about our class.  But as a side note, I do not expect the cleric to be OP, I would not ask for "it all", and I am one of the first to say that a skill we have is OP.  I try to be open minded ....but I guess it only goes so far.  

We will wait and see what you come up with.

#162 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Bendersmom,

My direct comments had your points to them, to which I gave a response to. I by no means was directing the prior comments at you specifically, but more the group discussions happening on the thread. Some were getting ugly, almost personal. I just wanted to try and give some air regarding everyone having their viewpoint and no one should feel attacked for sharing their opinion. So, offered some helpful ways of offering a difference of opinion, if not help contribute towards everyone understanding larger pictures, where it may not be seen. :)

#163 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

just to let you know found a bug regarding the fires, i know the taunt on them was fixed however they now stay there even when the caster dies on the opposite team until you attack them and kill them

#164 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

just to let you know found a bug regarding the fires, i know the taunt on them was fixed however they now stay there even when the caster dies on the opposite team until you attack them and kill them

Thanks, we'll take a look in to that situation to see what's going on. :)

#165 Cristal

Cristal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Leo...so what your plan on the cannon bourg?

#166 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Leo...so what your plan on the cannon bourg?

No spoilers until we're ready. ;)

On a lighter note, just finished compiling data on the matches since the last patch went live we thought was a little amusing.

Leonis

36 Crystal Defender Matches

Attacker / Defender
18 Wins : 18 Wins

Draconis

39 Crystal Defender Matches

Attacker / Defender
20 Wins : 19 Wins

#167 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Draconis

Attacker / Defender

I can confirm this one. Anyway, isn't it supposed to be that way in the first place?

#168 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Indeed, that is our designed intent, but to see the data confirmed is a relief to know there's some balance in regards to how it is setup and running. :)

#169 3722121031200347517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

No spoilers until we're ready. ;)

On a lighter note, just finished compiling data on the matches since the last patch went live we thought was a little amusing.

Leonis

36 Crystal Defender Matches

Attacker / Defender
18 Wins : 18 Wins

Draconis

Attacker / Defender

i just want to know how many games did both attacker and defender got FS clerics..just curious, since all of the games i have played don't have a cleric on one side

#170 rhaiin23

rhaiin23

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:28 PM

is there manual patch for this update?? my client can't patch it then suddenly closing it..

#171 LeWicked

LeWicked

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Iam not sure if iam in the right topic for this . but what happend to scout skills?
I see grey skills in scout list for scout? Is this still a bug or something?

#172 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

I just noticed that I can't cast my PVP Mana Burn on the Crystal (CD)

#173 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:52 AM

You shouldn't be able to since the crystal isn't a Player. I have never been able to, which is why I keep both normal and PvP mana burn on my skill bar.

#174 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

Oh ok.. I haven't noticed it before. Thanks for replying.

#175 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:56 AM

Its been too many chances made ... This shows the game was not built for quite along term. It chances every time people complaining about it . Im speechless ... Seems so unprofessional making changes on the game so often .... I prefer the team made the new maps or something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users