woe situation in renewal - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

woe situation in renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

#226 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:23 AM

I didn't post to initiate a back and forth between people from our alliance and people from the other alliance/guilds/#yologvg groups out there.  It was just my opinion and why we feel obligated to continue to defend Juno 2.

The difference between our opposition in Valf 2 and the opposition we've seen in Juno 2 is that when we attacked Valf 2, we were relentless.  We planned every WoE and came up with strategies.  We attacked it with an organized alliance.  All 3 guilds were on the exact same page.  We knew where we were gonna go, how we were gonna push, and when it didn't work out, we spent the next 7 days talking about it, revising our plan, and trying again.  We did that non-stop until our attendance dropped so much that we just couldn't do it anymore (well over a month).

In Juno 2, the only effort that we've seen so far is people running around before WoE throwing out alliance invites to whoever will accept, which is why I referred to them as "flash alliances", and then saying "let's break this castle!"  It's just not gonna happen that way.  There's no effort...at all.

Rather than promoting all of your guilds as WoE guilds like they should be, you guys are all pushing the fact that you're all "GVG" and that you don't need any allies.  That's the wrong call, and that's why WoE is dead.  I don't know when advertising yourself as a GVG guild became a good thing, but to me, it just says "hey, we're so c0cky that we'd rather run around by ourselves and beat up on smaller guilds - puppy everybody else...we don't need em".  WoE will never just be guilds running around GVGing each other.  Give up on that pipe dream.  It's a war for a reason.

I've seen nothing but disorganization in Juno 2.  Nobody has really put in a good, solid effort, so I have no regrets keeping this econ and every other econ that our alliance has going.  We have 2 castles right now with 3 guilds.  The fact that this thread even exists is pretty ridiculous.  2 castles....3 guilds.

Again.  Ally up, plan something out, and execute it.

Edited by Lambor, 23 April 2014 - 02:25 AM.

#227 Hireme

Hireme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

In which way? I value people online the same as any other friend.
I mean that it's not the same in the ways you were describing. There's definitely similarities, but usually when you play vs. friends there's no one else around to compete with.

In the way that it would be nice if even opposing allies and guild, were fellow players first, and enemies second. Your posts gave quite a different impression at first. Maybe a wrong impression, perhaps I took your analogy to seriously.

I have an Idea for levelling the playing field in WoE:

Last week some of my friends and I came together and started to play Tekken on the PS3. Since some of us including me are not so good, we came up with a "drinking game": "the winner(!) has to take a shot", after a while even I got to win a match  :heh:

So every time a char gets killed during woe , the player of the killing char has to take a shot, with live video feed as prove. With multiple live feeds from the computers that could be fun to watch ^^. Whoever vomits has to quit :P

And as a result Ragnarok gets a "R" rating ^^

#228 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

In the way that it would be nice if even opposing allies and guild, were fellow players first, and enemies second. Your posts gave quite a different impression at first. Maybe a wrong impression, perhaps I took your analogy to seriously.

I have an Idea for levelling the playing field in WoE:

Last week some of my friends and I came together and started to play Tekken on the PS3. Since some of us including me are not so good, we came up with a "drinking game": "the winner(!) has to take a shot", after a while even I got to win a match  :heh:

So every time a char gets killed during woe , the player of the killing char has to take a shot, with live video feed as prove. With multiple live feeds from the computers that could be fun to watch ^^. Whoever vomits has to quit :P

And as a result Ragnarok gets a "R" rating ^^

THIS MADE ME WANNA WOE AGAIN!!!! Cheers!!!

PS:it's funny how people never complain about balance/lag/gods when they are the ones winning all the time

Edited by Aizenath, 23 April 2014 - 03:01 AM.

#229 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

^ lol

I play Way better on Rum Shots, Don't make me pull out the Morph Hood!

#230 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:02 AM

I'll join your guild if you supply the rum!!!

#231 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

Hello everyone,

I am glad to see players are worried about the future of RO as far as WoE is concerned. I personally haven't WoEd for 6 months but  from the looks of it, not much has changed. As an old leader of Immaculate, I would like to share a few ideas (you probably know all of them already):

• Do not complain on forums about a guild/alliance winning/losing. It achieves nothing. The winning alliance will not decide to suddenly stop winning to amuse you.
  • The winning alliance is on the same platform as you. They reached where they are today because "many" of them worked for their gears/items(for the most part).

Now what can you do:

Why not play their game?

• Gather numbers and equipment.
  • Most importantly GET ORGANIZED. This involves you LISTENING and applying basic knowledge. I am sure almost all RO players have basic brain function.
  • Alt suiciders/(the other skill warlocks do which mutes skills for a couple of minutes {Cannot remember what the skill is called})
  • Not give up (Chumbawumba- I get knocked down).
  • Most importantly-HAVE FUN. No point playing if you do not enjoy it.

How can you do this?

• Change your thought process and believe that you are there to make a difference.
  • Contact a guild/players with the same goal. I am not sure who is leading what guild but there are some very talented recallers out there.
  • Decide on a single guild(or two if you are many). Have players take up key positions(recallers/leaders etc).
  • Make allies if needed.
  • I mention it again, please LISTEN to the "pro" players. They have experience and most likely know how to handle particular situations.
  • Do not learn from PvP and go to WoE. The function of characters varies widely.
  • Learn from your losses/mistakes.
  • Try and supply yourself as much as possible.
  • Enjoy the entire journey.

Where should you start:

• Make a recruitment thread! For both players and guilds who are interested in fighting together.
  • Get to know each other. Meeting just for a WoE and disbanding does not build trust and friendship. Playing with knowns is much more fun.
  • Try and understanding how guild fundings work before demanding for supplies. That way you can all work out what is roughly fair in the expenditure costs you are about incur.
  • Make collective decisions. Involve as many people as you can.

But what about lag?

• Lag affects both teams alike. I doubt it is partial.
  • How far are you willing to go to win? If your opposition can persevere through lag just to win, you can do it too. You need to endure it for just slightly longer. When they give up, reap the rewards.

Result:

• Fail.
  • Win.

Either way you will have a great time.

If you feel that something is not right, try and take active part in changing it. And work on it TOGETHER for better results.

Have a wonderful day will you.

shadowfire.

Edited by kiddomaddo, 23 April 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#232 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:38 AM

I didn't post to initiate a back and forth between people from our alliance and people from the other alliance/guilds/#yologvg groups out there. It was just my opinion and why we feel obligated to continue to defend Juno 2.

The difference between our opposition in Valf 2 and the opposition we've seen in Juno 2 is that when we attacked Valf 2, we were relentless. We planned every WoE and came up with strategies. We attacked it with an organized alliance. All 3 guilds were on the exact same page. We knew where we were gonna go, how we were gonna push, and when it didn't work out, we spent the next 7 days talking about it, revising our plan, and trying again. We did that non-stop until our attendance dropped so much that we just couldn't do it anymore (well over a month).

In Juno 2, the only effort that we've seen so far is people running around before WoE throwing out alliance invites to whoever will accept, which is why I referred to them as "flash alliances", and then saying "let's break this castle!" It's just not gonna happen that way. There's no effort...at all.

Rather than promoting all of your guilds as WoE guilds like they should be, you guys are all pushing the fact that you're all "GVG" and that you don't need any allies. That's the wrong call, and that's why WoE is dead. I don't know when advertising yourself as a GVG guild became a good thing, but to me, it just says "hey, we're so c0cky that we'd rather run around by ourselves and beat up on smaller guilds - puppy everybody else...we don't need em". WoE will never just be guilds running around GVGing each other. Give up on that pipe dream. It's a war for a reason.

I've seen nothing but disorganization in Juno 2. Nobody has really put in a good, solid effort, so I have no regrets keeping this econ and every other econ that our alliance has going. We have 2 castles right now with 3 guilds. The fact that this thread even exists is pretty ridiculous. 2 castles....3 guilds.

Again. Ally up, plan something out, and execute it.

I just want to let you know that we did put in effort to attack Juno and guess what our last stradagy worked we got to emp for a long time before the mechs got us off emp

It's not that we don't want to fight you, and we do think about strategy every woe and have tried a lot. We want a stable alliance not a temp so plz don't act like we all are what your saying cause your wrong

Sorry other guilds have dif views on woe then you unfortunately it's kind of annoying trying to make an alliance this is what had to be done is to let you guys roll people to let them see

Edited by miliardo, 23 April 2014 - 04:41 AM.

#233 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:30 AM

I just want to let you know that we did put in effort to attack Juno and guess what our last stradagy worked we got to emp for a long time before the mechs got us off emp

It's not that we don't want to fight you, and we do think about strategy every woe and have tried a lot. We want a stable alliance not a temp so plz don't act like we all are what your saying cause your wrong

Sorry other guilds have dif views on woe then you unfortunately it's kind of annoying trying to make an alliance this is what had to be done is to let you guys roll people to let them see

^ This.

A strategy around Shrioe is your best bet =P.

In any case, I believe LYC has put their cards on the table already and now the turn belongs to LR, Smokies and more... its not up to us anymore.

#234 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:38 AM

^
Agreed

#235 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

deyeku9.jpg

#236 ArtisticDiva

ArtisticDiva

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

I propose a solution. All you guys that are complaining about this alliance should ask for a gvg against Animosity, no interference from other guilds. It could be for the whole woe where you guys truly gvg or half of woe, whatever. That is something, if you choose to do it, can iron out the details. I think the bulk of the complaining is because you guys say they fight as an alliance. So step and prove you can beat them guild vs guild. I'd actually like to see this. :rice:.

#237 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:18 AM

I propose a solution. All you guys that are complaining about this alliance should ask for a gvg against Animosity, no interference from other guilds. It could be for the whole woe where you guys truly gvg or half of woe, whatever. That is something, if you choose to do it, can iron out the details. I think the bulk of the complaining is because you guys say they fight as an alliance. So step and prove you can beat them guild vs guild. I'd actually like to see this. :rice:.

Plz read the thread before responding we all know Ani is the strongest guild right now

#238 ArtisticDiva

ArtisticDiva

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

I think you just got the point of my post, LOL. Thank you for admitting NO ONE can beat Animosity guild vs guild. Mulder1 (aka Haseo) might not like that comment you just made :heh:. Keep complaining about alliances and how you guys hate that they call their allies when you guys decide to attack them with more than one guild.

Keep complaining, that's the only thing you're good at.

Oh and there is this thing we use called punctuation marks. It's used to show a break between sentences. Use them please, I hate reading your posts and have to guess when your sentences end and begin.

Edited by ArtisticDiva, 23 April 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#239 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

I think you just got the point of my post, LOL. Thank you for admitting NO ONE can beat Animosity guild vs guild. Mulder1 (aka Haseo) might not like that comment you just made :heh:. Keep complaining about alliances and how you guys hate that they call their allies when you guys decide to attack them with more than one guild.

Oh and there is this thing we use called punctuation marks. It's used to show a break between sentences. Use them please, I hate reading your posts and have to guess when your sentences end and begin.

Viertas has contributed much more than you have without punctuations marks. You used them and yet you type out irrelevant rubbish. Notice I used both the words irrelevant+rubbish. Yet neither of them is redundant. Just letting you know.

Edited by kiddomaddo, 23 April 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#240 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:40 AM

My only feeling animosity wanted a dead server because when LYC and smokies burned nid 2 last time we tried to defend valf 2, yes there were some epic woe there but it died down super fast where animosity goes to defend another nid castle. They only want to defend and not attack where is the sportmanship?

and those people say that skills>mvp if you have the same skills as them but they are powered by mvp card of course they will win. it still boils down to also who have more mvp card.

By skills, that word doesn't mean Arrow Storm, DB and other skills like that. But the skills to know how to play a character.

#241 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

I doubt any guild has the resources to confront animosity as of right now (man power), hence why no one has done it yet.

Attacking with 2 guilds of barely 25+ people against 2 guilds of probably 50+ each kinda balance things off... that and adding the extra mech/warlock slaves account... well, do you math.

Not sure who started this thread but the reason it seems to be that more people are realizing the direction that Chaos WoE is taking right now, hence why they are calling other guilds to ally and such. LYC quit to see this to happen hence why they just WoE with 20 ppl or so just for fun.

The fact that guilds are too un-organized to try something does not, by any means, say that the Anim alliance is better... they just have more organization. Quite simple.

Back on A2S, we used to play what it was needed to balance "holes" in our formation... Animosity does that with their people hence why they are effective on attacking/defending... if more people start prioritizing what "must be done" instead, perhaps the outcome may be different.

#242 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:43 AM

RO2 1v1 mid sf scrub

#243 ArtisticDiva

ArtisticDiva

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hmm do the math. Let's see, I'll use the low end number from your post

25 + 25 = 50 your side

Animosity 50+ and side guild with alts.

Seems pretty balanced to me. Oh wait the alts count as an actually person playing it, is that where the outnumbering comes in?

I'm not really an LR fan but I'm starting to understand why she does not want to work with you guys. She has never complained about losing in woe, she just moves on to the next but yet you guys always bring up stuff from the past. No wonder the alliance you guys managed to form didn't work, too busy blaming each other instead of working on improvements. MOVE ON ALREADY!!

#244 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

you know i always thought it was funny how people think the way someone writes something reflects on how good at the game he is. 

i just want to tell you that i am not taking anyone side  here and its easy to see ani is the strongest guild right now.

as for you to come here and try and turn this thread into something else plz stop posting your response does not help anything thanks

#245 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:03 AM

Keep complaining about alliances and how you guys hate that they call their allies when you guys decide to attack them with more than one guild.

25 + 25 = 50 your side

Seems pretty balanced to me. Oh wait the alts count as an actually person playing it, is that where the outnumbering comes in?

Right!

#246 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

before i start i hope that this thread should not be locked cause i know some of the people want to have a better woe experience. This is because most people are only playing ragnarok because of the woe exprience.

As a rant the woe senario have been very dry lately with the animosity alliance has been dominating the woe 1 and woe 2 for this 2 weeks and nobody wants to fight them. Smokies who has been fighting them has gone MIA. This lead to only loki fighting them and franckly there has not been a good woe after smokies/LYC era. even when i join a small guild, animosity will just rape us with just one party leading to a bad experience. most of those small guild member has been quitting because of this bad woe exprience and also the anger of the alliance farming the server. I not sure animosity want to end RO early but i know i sure don't want to. Hope the leaders would gather and form a few big guild to fight them or hopefully animosity alliance would just break up and go their seperate ways.

Please gm dun lock this and please no flaming here just constructive discussion is allowed. Moderators should moderate this topic but not close it if you even bother of saving this server and this game

just wanted to re post what this thread is about as a reminder to those who did not read this thread from beggining

#247 Shortstopper21

Shortstopper21

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

25 + 25 = 50 your side

I'm not really an LR fan but I'm starting to understand why she does not want to work with you guys. She has never complained about losing in woe, she just moves on to the next but yet you guys always bring up stuff from the past. No wonder the alliance you guys managed to form didn't work, too busy blaming each other instead of working on improvements. MOVE ON ALREADY!!

where are you getting the other 25 people? Mulder clearly stated that we woe just barely 25 alone, and thats also including our alts. So were nowhere near close to 50 on our side. Check your math again.

Edited by Shortstopper21, 23 April 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#248 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

where are you getting the other 25 people? Mulder stated that we woe jus barely 25 alone, and thats also including our alts. So where nowhere near close to 50 on our side. Check your math again

Ya idk either I just ignored the post lol

#249 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:41 AM

Hehehehehe..

#250 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

one of the reasons kali doesn't want to ally lyc, is that on your last woe vid, you spent 1/4 of the time -_- talking LR, Yes im talkin about the raidcall version of LYC's last woe vid

and news flash haseo. for the amount of time you spent hyping up, and praising A2S they loved to make fun of you behind your back.

You call animosity the friends and the mean ones. you're the ones -_- talking your own potential allies

Edited by Lapphy, 23 April 2014 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users