woe situation in renewal - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

woe situation in renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

#76 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

itt people who realized the mvp and gods they "inve$ted" in don't help when you face a motivated and organized opponent.

Stop whining and come up with something creative to do. The game doesn't have to change just because YOU are unable to reach your goals. It isn't Animosity's problem if you are too stubborn to take the necessary steps to victory. With all the god items and mvp cards on the server I'm surprised people care that a guild has a long lasting econ. So what? Is Bryn so good on renewal people hinge their entire satisfaction in WoE on getting a fort?

If you can't beat Animosity fight against people you are happy to fight against. The guild public guild drama on Renewal is almost non existant. Its not like Animosity dominates every WoE and looks down on other guilds. If you want to own noobs then fighting Animosity should be the last thing you want to do. If you are playing the underdog don't expect to win. Underdogs lose, the idea that they win is a Hollywood lie, get real. If you are playing an underdog, don't ask for an advantage to help you out. The whole point of being an underdog is that the 1% of the time you win, you feel really happy. If you can't handle that 1% win rate; change your game.

#77 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

+1^

#78 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

i dont understand much the english but

+2

#79 ArtisticDiva

ArtisticDiva

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

Hmm so what I'm getting from this thread is the server wants the current alliance to break?

Bottom line, say they break, NO ONE on this server can beat Animosity guild vs guild. So then what? You will ask for Animosity to downsize to 20 ppl then guild vs guild them, then when that doesn't work, downsize to 10 ppl??

#80 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

This thread is priceless.

#81 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

i dont understand much the english but

+2

Lmao.

Going by some of the most brilliant posts in this thread,it's plain to see that the top guild that everyone is hating on,is at the top for a reason.It seems they are the ones making the best sense by far.Sigh,when I saw this topic,I had the most things to say,but it seems a lot of people already typed what I wanted to say.And here I thought the player skill had gone up since the merge,but I was so naive.It seems the skill of some players match their intellect,especially when it comes to dealing with in-game situations and activities like WoE.That should go without saying of course...

#82 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Hmm so what I'm getting from this thread is the server wants the current alliance to break?

Bottom line, say they break, NO ONE on this server can beat Animosity guild vs guild. So then what? You will ask for Animosity to downsize to 20 ppl then guild vs guild them, then when that doesn't work, downsize to 10 ppl??

Is not like no one can beat Animosity... they, by themselves, are not much of a treat against a full guild (from personal experience I must say)... but by having an alliance of almost 5 times the amount of people that any other guild, that kinda presents a problem... specially now with all that new MvP$ around...

I guess this thread is either to ask for an un-alliance (GvG) or to hope every other guild on server to ally? which could make more sense if the servers were able to handle that amount of people...

#83 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

This thread is priceless.

Tell me about it.

#84 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

This thread should focus more on incentives so that the smaller guilds will want to woe or even try to form. A way to balance out supplying their members and being able to break on even ground.

#85 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

This thread should focus more on incentives so that the smaller guilds will want to woe or even try to form. A way to balance out supplying their members and being able to break on even ground.

Hmm,the biggest incentive here should be wanting to break the top guild's castles and gain credibility.Thing is,it is all up to the smaller guilds themselves.Guild leaders or members really need to communicate with each other and try to put differences aside for the moment.I know most guilds are worried about who's going to lead who and who will supply the guilds,not knowing who has better leadership.Dumb -_- that can be decided if the guilds were to get together and cooperate.I know there are a lot of stubborn small guild leaders(along with their members)though on Renewal,who don't give a -_- about that.I mean,it's really simple when you think about it.

#86 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hmm,the biggest incentive here should be wanting to break the top guild's castles and gain credibility.Thing is,it is all up to the smaller guilds themselves.Guild leaders or members really need to communicate with each other and try to put differences aside for the moment.I know most guilds are worried about who's going to lead who and who will supply the guilds,not knowing who has better leadership.Dumb -_- that can be decided if the guilds were to get together and cooperate.I know there are a lot of stubborn small guild leaders(along with their members)though on Renewal,who don't give a -_- about that.I mean,it's really simple when you think about it.

Is why I broke my small guild to permanent merge to help balance server

And we have been in communication and tried stuff we will wait for them is all we can do

Edited by miliardo, 22 April 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#87 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

When you get bored, do you go out and start beating up on your friends?
Why should we de-ally people who have been nothing but loyal to us?

We do want good fights, but in reality, it's not our fault that people don't want to ally each other or fail to take steps towards a common goal.

I think this comment is rather silly.  Just because you aren't allied to people doesn't mean you cant be friends, it also doesn't mean you can't really when the opposition gets stronger.  You want good fights but your guild alone out numbers the opposing side and then you have allies.  Also from the short amount of time I have played I have noticed that when animosity gets attacked their allies help and vice versa, this leads me to believe that you don't want good fights and just go off of extremely out numbering the opposition.  I'm not telling anyone how to play or what to do I'm strictly pointing out that the evidence doesn't agree with the "We want good fights" attitude. AvA?  We all know that when there are 8 guilds in a castle (sometimes even just 4) its EXTREMELY rare to be playing at 100% because of lag; if that's what animosity wants then that's fine but as far as I'm aware most people don't enjoy lag fest woes. I know for a FACT people on Classic HATE those types of WoEs. This MAY have something to do with other alliances forming.

Edited by MattyL904, 22 April 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#88 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Easier said than done my friend~ There are tons of vids on youtube showing that it really can be done. We've come close several times but for some reason people seem to lose their drive and it all boils down to either:

A. It's boring or B. Waste of supplies/funding.

Plus, let's not get started on the lag. It wasn't even a year ago where we had some of the best fights after the merge. Its becoming really disheartening!

#89 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

there is another message from the thread, it is suggesting the anti-animosity alliance to ally up if they have a common goal. it's just addressing the situation whereby players either quit or join the winning side.

or maybe i'm just looking too positively at it.

#90 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:58 AM

I am not throwing anything at anyone, I am criticizing both side. One side wants brag how WoE is boring for them, the other side whines and complains about not balanced.

Since when does any mmorpg have balanced? Oh and then you have those losers who got owned in WoE and start DDosing the servers lol.

#91 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Easier said than done my friend~ There are tons of vids on youtube showing that it really can be done. We've come close several times but for some reason people seem to lose their drive and it all boils down to either:

Plus, let's not get started on the lag. It wasn't even a year ago where we had some of the best fights after the merge. Its becoming really disheartening.

Well now we see what the real problem is eh?

I would say it all comes down to persistence,but that doesn't seem to be working either?

#92 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Oh Oh!! oda here!! run all!! D:  :wah: 

#93 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Is why I broke my small guild to permanent merge to help balance server

And we have been in communication and tried stuff we will wait for them is all we can do

Don't worry Vierma.I didn't want to namedrop,but I know for a fact that your guild is one of the greater skilled smaller guilds when it comes down to trying to persist against bigger guilds,especially after all the WoE videos I've seen of you guys.It's just sad that hardly anyone else can think like you're thinking..

Just like you said,waiting for them is all you can do for now..

#94 Anibe

Anibe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationSantiago de Chile

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

When LR actually got an alliance to fight Animosity's, the server got so laggy it was impossible to attack them. And this opinion might be one sided, but it's kind of intuitive to think that it's impossible to break into a precast when you die after not potting for 1 second.

I don't really care what guild is dominating right now or how attacking Animosity/CS/Sinergia turns into an instant 1v3, but if the server can't handle a 4v4 situation because of lag, the game shouldn't allow that to happen.

But then again, that requires the intervention of kRO, so have fun waiting for all eternity.

More on a player-base side opinion, if Animosity really wanted good fights, they woulnd't turn all their allies onto you every time their first line of deffense gets trespassed.

Edited by Anibe, 22 April 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#95 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

I think this comment is rather silly.  Just because you aren't allied to people doesn't mean you cant be friends, it also doesn't mean you can't really when the opposition gets stronger.  You want good fights but your guild alone out numbers the opposing side and then you have allies.  Also from the short amount of time I have played I have noticed that when animosity gets attacked their allies help and vice versa, this leads me to believe that you don't want good fights and just go off of extremely out numbering the opposition.  I'm not telling anyone how to play or what to do I'm strictly pointing out that the evidence doesn't agree with the "We want good fights" attitude. AvA?  We all know that when there are 8 guilds in a castle (sometimes even just 4) its EXTREMELY rare to be playing at 100% because of lag; if that's what animosity wants then that's fine but as far as I'm aware most people don't enjoy lag fest woes. I know for a FACT people on Classic HATE those types of WoEs. This MAY have something to do with other alliances forming.

Mulder is Haseo

It's not silly, you're approaching this with a Classic mentality where there isn't a pool of players to pull from.

I have played this game far too long. If we ever dropped our allies, the server would make a huge alliance and try to over run us.

The guild you're in is a guild that usually prefers to go solo. If you can't handle that, go somewhere else or push for change.

#96 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

When LR actually got an alliance to fight Animosity's, the server got so laggy it was impossible to attack them. And this opinion might be one sided, but it's kind of intuitive to think that it's impossible to break into a precast when you die after not potting for 1 second.

I don't really care what guild is dominating right now or how attacking Animosity/CS/Sinergia turns into an instant 1v3, but if the server can't handle a 4v4 situation because of lag, the game shouldn't allow that to happen.

But then again, that requires the intervention of kRO, so have fun waiting for all eternity.

More on a player-base side oppinion, if Animosity really wanted good fights, they woulnd't turn all their allies onto you every time their first line of deffense gets trespassed.

Lag>>>>>The server>>>The guilds

Like I said before,we all see what the real problem is now right?

Or is that really the real problem?

In any case,I love the current woe situation.I just sit back,watch the videos,grab a bag of popcorn and see all the flaws within the current system.

#97 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Plus, let's not get started on the lag. It wasn't even a year ago where we had some of the best fights after the merge. Its becoming really disheartening!

Let's not forget people not listening or taking things seriously.
Tom is one of the best recallers hands down, regardless of accusations from people or whatever else.
When people don't listen to him or follow any type of directions with coherency.. it gets very taxing and I'm honestly surprised he's kept on for this long.
This is directed 100% towards Smokies who would rather use poor Alice for her items and pvp rather than come together and be organized in WoE.

Edited by Myzery, 22 April 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#98 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

For as long as I played RO there has always been a top guild/alliance, there is always someone complaining about them and in the end, sooner or later, someone else will take them down and become the top guild/alliance.

For that to happen, you need numbers(alliance) but more importantly you need organization; when I was in a guild and our alliance wasn't organized we lost(didn't do whatever we set out to do) 9 times out of 10.

Now, even if there is an alliance formed, that doesn't mean you can beat the strongest alliance straight away; they have been working together pretty well if they are this dominating, it will take time, you need to be organized as an alliance and you'll need skill(not Mvp cards and Gods).

#99 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Mulder is Haseo

It's not silly, you're approaching this with a Classic mentality where there isn't a pool of players to pull from.

I have played this game far too long. If we ever dropped our allies, the server would make a huge alliance and try to over run us.

The guild you're in is a guild that usually prefers to go solo. If you can't handle that, go somewhere else or push for change.

You are assuming I have an issue with anything.. I don't.  

You say you want a good fight but won't fight 1v1. I'm not even saying you have to unally but wherever you go there is always at least 2 guilds.  Always outnumbering your opponent is the definition of NOT wanting a good fight.

RO is RO I was in the bottom right Nid on Saturday with only 4 Guilds and there was lag.. it doesn't matter if I'm looking at it with a "Classic" mentality.  Lag is Lag and people DON'T like it.  

Edited by MattyL904, 22 April 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#100 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users