woe situation in renewal - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

woe situation in renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

#101 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

I wana get in on this action. Whats a good guild to join that has characters but just needs players to play them?

#102 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

You are assuming I have an issue with anything.. I don't.  

You say you want a good fight but won't fight 1v1. I'm not even saying you have to unally but wherever you go there is always at least 2 guilds.  Always outnumbering your opponent is the definition of NOT wanting a good fight.

RO is RO I was in the bottom right Nid on Saturday with only 4 Guilds and there was lag.. it doesn't matter if I'm looking at it with a "Classic" mentality.  Lag is Lag and people DON'T like it.

Nope, there were plenty of 1v1s last WoE =)
We even waited for you guys to get your bearings and fight us.
Animosity and CS both ask the other to not interfere so they can do 1v1s

Another thing to consider is that Sinergia is still a fairly new guild.
The difference between them and a lot of guilds is that they're willing to learn and willing to put in effort because they know they aren't the best guild out there, but are constantly striving to get better.

#103 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

You are assuming I have an issue with anything.. I don't.  

You say you want a good fight but won't fight 1v1. I'm not even saying you have to unally but wherever you go there is always at least 2 guilds.  Always outnumbering your opponent is the definition of NOT wanting a good fight.

RO is RO I was in the bottom right Nid on Saturday with only 4 Guilds and there was lag.. it doesn't matter if I'm looking at it with a "Classic" mentality.  Lag is Lag and people DON'T like it.  

You're naive as -_- if you don't think it can't work the same way around.Wanting a good fight is not always about un-allying or lowering your numbers.It's also the responsibility(well not responsibility)of the rest of the server,whether it be another alliance,several small guilds,or even a solo guild trying to stop the top guild from reigning.

But now I'm wondering how are we going from guilds doing this and that to lag now.If you think the biggest problem is about the lag in the castles now,I suggest someone needs to make a whole nother thread about that.And if that was the case from the beginning,this thread shouldn't exist..

Edited by Peerless, 22 April 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#104 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:00 PM

Disable suicidal destruction.

#105 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

Three things.

1.) The excuse of "Animosity has too many items" is crazy.  We have enemy guilds that have more mvp/god items go UNUSED than we have in use.  Trust me, it's not the mvp cards that gives Animosity the advantage.  I would love for WoE:TE to disable all MVP gear so we can prove that to you.

2.) If people don't want to attack us, and thus aren't allying, then that's fine, don't attack us.  Ally up and set up a defense.  Valf2 is incredibly easy to defend.  LYC's alliance held off Animosity's alliance there for quite a long time.  For whatever reason, Animosity struggles attacking Valf2.  Against an organized alliance it's the hardest castle to break due to it's size, amazing choke points, and ability for the defense to perform flank attacks to keep attackers busy.

3.) Animosity calling in our allies usually happens when we have 2+ guilds attacking us.  For example, the last time we called in allies to help at Juno2 (and I know this because I was personally leading that WoE in Lambor's absence, and I am the one who made the call for help), was because LR took us out at left stone, while Smokies took down our first cade before we could regroup at second cade.  We held them off 2v1 at 2nd cade until our allies could send some help.  When LR, or Smokies, beats us 1v1 at left stone, we don't call for help.  We fight them on our own until either they leave, or more guilds start piling up on the opposition.  As soon as the opposition gets stacked against us like that, we'll call for help to even the odds.

#106 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hmm,the biggest incentive here should be wanting to break the top guild's castles and gain credibility.Thing is,it is all up to the smaller guilds themselves.Guild leaders or members really need to communicate with each other and try to put differences aside for the moment.I know most guilds are worried about who's going to lead who and who will supply the guilds,not knowing who has better leadership.Dumb -_- that can be decided if the guilds were to get together and cooperate.I know there are a lot of stubborn small guild leaders(along with their members)though on Renewal,who don't give a -_- about that.I mean,it's really simple when you think about it.

You forgot one of the biggest factors of why people don't like huge alliance fights... LAG!

#107 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Nope, there were plenty of 1v1s last WoE =)
We even waited for you guys to get your bearings and fight us.
Animosity and CS both ask the other to not interfere so they can do 1v1s

Another thing to consider is that Sinergia is still a fairly new guild.
The difference between them and a lot of guilds is that they're willing to learn and willing to put in effort because they know they aren't the best guild out there, but are constantly striving to get better.

How many months / years is considered fairly new on this server? I don't know the details and I'm not referring to anyone in particular but just because a guild changes leaders or emblems or guild names doesn't mean they are new.

Willing to learn =/= learning.

#108 pickleee

pickleee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

*has to study for finals tomorrow but wandered into this thread* :Emo_18: :Emo_17: :Emo_14:

#109 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

I sieged with Ordinatio Wasa on old Loki for almost five years. I haven't sieged in Renewal so I'm not familiar with some of the mechanics, but I can tell you that Wasa was not overgeared by pre-Renewal standards; I think we had one mjolnir and a couple of megs at the peak. 

What kept us competitive was that Markus gave orders, he was charismatic enough to earn our loyalty even when we didn't want to WoE and we MOVED AS A UNIT. Anyone who went off on hero suicide missions too often was put on probation or kicked. Plans were hashed out, orders were issued and stuff was accomplished. We weren't the top guild on the server and that was okay because we were competitive.

There is a series of steps involved in becoming a force in WoE and it takes time. You need 

-A pool of fighters who are present and willing

-Small goals at first: break a fort, even a crappy one. Practice defending it. Like Myzery and others have said in this thread, the main alliance can't be everywhere. A fair amount of stealth and dumb luck are involved in sieging with a baby guild.

-Make a plan, by the gods, and make sure everyone sticks to it. If you lose, plan ways to do better next time. 

-Realize that DEFENDING CAN BE BORING. And then resign yourself to hitting the same two buttons for the next hour and do your damn job instead of wandering off and getting everyone killed.

This is not rocket science but it does involve time and practice.

#110 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

I sieged with Ordinatio Wasa on old Loki for almost five years. I haven't sieged in Renewal so I'm not familiar with some of the mechanics, but I can tell you that Wasa was not overgeared by pre-Renewal standards; I think we had one mjolnir and a couple of megs at the peak.

What kept us competitive was that Markus gave orders, he was charismatic enough to earn our loyalty even when we didn't want to WoE and we MOVED AS A UNIT. Anyone who went off on hero suicide missions too often was put on probation or kicked. Plans were hashed out, orders were issued and stuff was accomplished. We weren't the top guild on the server and that was okay because we were competitive.

There is a series of steps involved in becoming a force in WoE and it takes time. You need

-Small goals at first: break a fort, even a crappy one. Practice defending it. Like Myzery and others have said in this thread, the main alliance can't be everywhere. A fair amount of stealth and dumb luck are involved in sieging with a baby guild.
-Make a plan, by the gods, and make sure everyone sticks to it. If you lose, plan ways to do better next time.
-Realize that DEFENDING CAN BE BORING. And then resign yourself to hitting the same two buttons for the next hour and do your damn job instead of wandering off and getting everyone killed.

Hahaha, old times indeed... Sevi, fatty, cold... wow I do still remember those days... (old wasa player here).

In any case, as Anibal said, it doesn't matter if we ally or not if the servers won't be able to handle that many people in one castle... is there any solution for that problem?

There are 2 possible solutions:

1) get better servers.

2) disable alliances or lowering the number for alliances or guilds.

Now, what approach is the more feasible??

#111 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

How many months / years is considered fairly new on this server? I don't know the details and I'm not referring to anyone in particular but just because a guild changes leaders or emblems or guild names doesn't mean they are new.

Willing to learn =/= learning.

Fairly new to the competitive WoE scene.
If you don't know the details, don't comment.

#112 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

In my opinion,the biggest reason small guilds never go anywhere.It starts out with this and I've been in guilds where we didn't even get to this point and it failed before anything ever started.Mainly because there were so many unloyal players.Oh,so many things I want to say...

Edited by Peerless, 22 April 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#113 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

Lol, bring back Afrikan System lol

#114 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

Lol, bring back Afrikan System lol

Sup Haseo

#115 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

I mean, I would love to be able to siege regularly, but I've been playing this game for ten years and now my Wednesdays are spent in an office doing taxes. 

Putting together a willing guild out of the mess that is Renewal is a steep task. And then not getting disconnected at first rush is pretty important.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking about it...can I get some thoughts on maybe (temporarily?) reducing the guild member limit from 56 back to the 3x that it was way back when? It would involve some shuffling but it might reduce the total number of bodies in a fort.

Edited by Damara, 22 April 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#116 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

You're naive as -_- if you don't think it can't work the same way around.Wanting a good fight is not always about un-allying or lowering your numbers.It's also the responsibility(well not responsibility)of the rest of the server,whether it be another alliance,several small guilds,or even a solo guild trying to stop the top guild from reigning.

But now I'm wondering how are we going from guilds doing this and that to lag now.If you think the biggest problem is about the lag in the castles now,I suggest someone needs to make a whole nother thread about that.And if that was the case from the beginning,this thread shouldn't exist..

Its one of the biggest issue of not wanting 4v4 alliance fights.  Also some people (I am one) enjoy when there is more then 2 competitive sides to a fight.  It gets kinda boring when its one side vs the other (my opinion).

#117 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

I'd really like a response from the GM team as to why they can't make it so the servers hold more people in a single castle. It's kind of silly to have big scaled fights when the area can't handle it. 

#118 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Fairly new to the competitive WoE scene.
If you don't know the details, don't comment.

nou

So 7-8 Months is new to WoE Scene?

Comprende!

Edited by MattyL904, 22 April 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#119 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

all videos of Afrikan 2 System are very good :D  :Emo_15: 

#120 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Ah,now it goes back to the original problems we had at the beginning of the server merge.

Lag,disconnecting,castle capacity and players trying to find means to combat that by either reducing alliance size,guild size,the amount of players that a castle can hold,etc.

It's like the revolving door.....all over again.

#121 Lilp

Lilp

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Loki Classic Server

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Even if Animosity de-ally everyone, they would still dominate the server.  You know why? Cuz most of the guilds on these server doesn't have organization and team work.  Animosity is organized when it comes to WoE. They make WoE plan every week.  Even without MvPs/God items, we already proved when we transferred to Valk server and pretty much beat every guild on Valk with just 15-20ppl.

#122 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'm only speaking for myself hence why I say (my opinion) and I THINK.  I definitely wasn't around for this conversation ever before on THIS server.

Edited by MattyL904, 22 April 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#123 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Ah,now it goes back to the original problems we had at the beginning of the server merge.

Lag,disconnecting,castle capacity and players trying to find means to combat that by either reducing alliance size,guild size,the amount of players that a castle can hold,etc.

It's like the revolving door.....all over again.

That plus the ability to run more than 2 accounts at the time, switching to slaves mechanics for SD and slaves Warlocks for Stasis... Stasis bypassing walls... All that add up to the lag problem and we get what we have now on Chaos lol.

#124 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

This world is plain & simple. There is always a partial of people fight through their way to the top and stay there with their reasons. They set the standards & you should take it, accept it, adopt it or just stay away and never complain! It is not Animosity's alliance fault to be at the top, but more like the rest of server's fault that majority of guilds somehow fails to recognize the problem for so long. There is no such thing as GvG-ing in the history of iRO, theres always be common goals if you want to achieve higher! That is the fact and accept it lololol!!

- People does bring up the issue with the MVP/GODs in Animosity alliance. The fact is there are other guilds besides their alliance have exact / similar amount in gears. It just comes into how you should use it correctly and coordinate with what you have in your guild.

- People whines the unbalance aspect of what MVP/GODs brings, The fact is you are somehow still new to WoE  or still not sure how to use your class correctly. If you don't have the gears it doesn't mean that you cannot compete like the days back in Pre-Renewal. Play something useful like CC sura, Sac RGs Mechanics, full support warlocks etc and coordinate with your guildies! Never play killer chars if you don't have the gears unless its for coordinated additional DPS. This is reality so just be with it lol!

- People complains about the LAG when comes into alliances fight. This is true and it will give advantage to the ones defending. Only solution regarding to that is simply "be with it". (Unless iRO can upgrade their stuffs lololol...) There are ways to avoid LAGs while maintaining competition around the server such as parallel econing across realms, coordinated actions, full attack or whatever etc. 

- People cries over the number differences. The truth is Animosity's alliance is big, but its only around 1/3 of the total WoE's population. The problem is rest of server never ever tried to come up & cooperate with each other rather than just solo and fight with themselves for years & never change since then.

The point of this thread shouldn't be begging GM or Animosity to do something with their alliance! Guilds besides Animosity's alliance should re-consider the WoEing environment and either decide to make a impact or just stay back and never complains with it again lol!

Edited by s3nd0, 23 April 2014 - 05:51 AM.

#125 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:41 PM

If I'm lagging during woe times and I'm neither woeing nor in a woe map, what more is a castle filled with 4-8 guilds?

Edited by Memoir, 22 April 2014 - 01:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users