woe situation in renewal - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

woe situation in renewal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

#151 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

I don't WoE, and I probably never will but.. It sounds like two things are happening. 1) People complaining about lag, and 2) QQing about losing.

I say let Animosity continue their dominance. I don't know about you guys, but when I'm winning a tournament, I don't think "Oh hey, this is easy, lets give them a chance to beat us!" That just doesn't happen in a competitive atmosphere. You guys are just going to have to band together for a common goal. Numbers play a major role, but it isn't everything. Remember to work together as a team and be coordinated, this is much more important. "Everyone attack XXX," is not teamwork, it's not even coordinated. So yeah... Get together, work together, practice... and like... get jelling. Don't get upset if you don't win right away either. OH, and use some sort of voice-comm. 

I cannot comment on gods/MVPs as... I don't have any. XD

idk I'm in a similar position on classic and my thoughts are to give the other side a chance so I still have people to play with in the end.

#152 josechen

josechen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 938 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

if lyc and smokie allies again im IN animo people know that lyc can handle them up to without barricades

#153 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:25 PM

santza.gif

#154 ArtisticDiva

ArtisticDiva

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:30 PM

if lyc and smokie allies again im IN animo people know that lyc can handle them up to without barricades

No matter how many times I try to interpret this, I just can't.

#155 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

I dont understand how u people expect to win when you guys are doing the same thing over and over, all I saw before I retired was snap, snap recall, just rush, I RARELY saw an organized push from other side.I got sick and bored of it so I quit.The other side refused to change and adapt to the new enviroment, those who fail to adapt WILL perish, I wonder if this sounds familiar.Did u gather up all the remaining leaders?probably not, Did u take hours of organizing parties or making a defense plan?probably not, are all of you WOE ready geared? probably not,Any of you attempted to pvp for the sake of getting better? probably not. Did you adjust your build so that you are immune to certain status effects and fits in with your role? probably not.You havent done anything to prove that you wanna win, all you want to do is cry and whine all day instead of actually doing something about it.This mentality is weak thats why people dont last that long at all

God items

Those God items that you are complaining are my creations, I made at least 70% of all the God items in Ymir after they were broken down INCLUDING the enemies God items, I spent a lot of time remaking them, I spent 1 Year remaking all God items, why should I get to not play with something that I made excluding the fact that it took me at least 7 years to see at least 1 God item (I own 5 and one piece away from a 6th God item),Those items were made through hard work why should I or anyone else be denied of using their own item , after all you can only get them while participating in WOE enviroment.Cant use an item I gained from woeing ? whats the point of having it.This same applies for mvp cards.

Guild

Now I have been in both sides the small side and the big side,when I was in small side I enjoyed reading post woe performance thread what we did wrong so that it wouldnt happen again,now that the guild I helped become a top guild is actually the top guild in server , im freaking bored I no longer look forward to woeing every saturday, in fact I dont woe anymore maybe if people got really organized I would probably do something lol.

For me it was a Joy to start out in a nearly dead guild 4 years ago who was about to quit as just a guild member,I really enjoyed it did a lot of reflecting too back in those days ,renewal hit and a lot of people were not doing great infact everyone sucked when renewal hit.As time passed we had a great opposing guild who helped us grow as a guild better and eventually through serious discussions we became better and I was assiant guild leader and eventually I felt like I was actually the guild leader since Lambor had to work a few woe days so I eventually took the guild from him for at least 1 year.In fact Animosity is my legacy out of all the guilds I been in for the past 9 years.As of last year I slowly gave him back his guild because we as a guild grew and I felt I was no longer needed and no longer challenged by the current woe enviroment so I quit.If you guys really want WOE scene to change all of u guys need to put ur ego aside and really do something to change it because it isnt gonna change itself.

as of right now Im just gonna sit back and enjoy until I hear the opposing side is actually trying to do something better.

Edited by DeltaRay, 22 April 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#156 ocharleso

ocharleso

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1430 posts
  • Server:valkyrie / chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

:p_sleep:

#157 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Hello.

I was told not to post so Just saying Hello <3

i was about to say that raven prob told you not too prob for the best so this dont put any hate on you and can keep at topic thanks

also probs the last time there was a lagit gvg it was dead server vs cs and cs did a good job holding and had a plan 

there have been no other gvg that i have seen or heard of since that has happens as far as anything else it is a good alliance that ani has and they do real good on communication with each-other

what you guys should do is look at your guild and ask yourself what you want to get out of it let me put and example from my old guild;. we did not care for castles or anything else we all decided that we wanted action in woe, so that what we did we looked for action simple right!

now back to the topic at hand i hear a lot of talk and have read until last 3 pages i think and the people who matter have spoke up now lets see what happens next few weeks cuase it could go that much longer for the rest of server to want to do this

its just like valk days an alliance had to be made to combat them and even though we could barely manage we ended up balancing the server so get up off your asses make some zeny buy some gear/consumables and start to work at making this server better end of story

#158 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

i was about to say that raven prob told you not too prob for the best so this dont put any hate on you and can keep at topic thanks

also probs the last time there was a lagit gvg it was dead server vs cs and cs did a good job holding and had a plan 

there have been no other gvg that i have seen or heard of since that has happens as far as anything else it is a good alliance that ani has and they do real good on communication with each-other

what you guys should do is look at your guild and ask yourself what you want to get out of it let me put and example from my old guild;. we did not care for castles or anything else we all decided that we wanted action in woe, so that what we did we looked for action simple right!

now back to the topic at hand i hear a lot of talk and have read until last 3 pages i think and the people who matter have spoke up now lets see what happens next few weeks cuase it could go that much longer for the rest of server to want to do this

its just like valk days an alliance had to be made to combat them and even though we could barely manage we ended up balancing the server so get up off your asses make some zeny buy some gear/consumables and start to work at making this server better end of story

lol +1

#159 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

^+1.37

#160 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

glad to see D and lambor shared their opinions too. Personally i have no problem being on the losing side. If you ask lambor,we had a 6men team fighting their alliance non-stop at late stage of ymir every woe. Seeking fun was the main purpose and that was the main reason we formed LYC, i hope Ani alliance could also shared the fun too what LYC bought 8months ago.

i believe the success of Ani alliance built on great party setup,good skilled/geared core members/other players contribute themselves on supportive roles.Also great co-operation with CS/Singeria. To challenge them we need similar setups and also allies that share the same visions/common goals. I could say i tried my best to seek options before retiring LYC. But unfortunely it wouldnt work because some other guilds could not realise the reality we have on chaos.

Some ppl may argue AvA will cause lag, but at least we will have more options on tactics. Anyway Peace guys : )

#161 huatsiang

huatsiang

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

glad to see D and lambor shared their opinions too. Personally i have no problem being on the losing side. If you ask lambor,we had a 6men team fighting their alliance non-stop at late stage of ymir every woe. Seeking fun was the main purpose and that was the main reason we formed LYC, i hope Ani alliance could also shared the fun too what LYC bought 8months ago.

i believe the success of Ani alliance built on great party setup,good skilled/geared core members/other players contribute themselves on supportive roles.Also great co-operation with CS/Singeria. To challenge them we need similar setups and also allies that share the same visions/common goals. I could say i tried my best to seek options before retiring LYC. But unfortunely it wouldnt work because some other guilds could not realise the reality we have on chaos.

Some ppl may argue AvA will cause lag, but at least we will have more options on tactics. Anyway Peace guys : )

why not lyc go initiate to talk with the leaders to merge/ally?

#162 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

We have

The table is on the rest of the server it's easy to contact us in wp forums or pms

Edited by miliardo, 22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#163 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

why not lyc go initiate to talk with the leaders to merge/ally?

I promise you that i talked to everyone i can reach. You can ask other guild leaders for proof : )

#164 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

I promise you that i talked to everyone i can reach. You can ask other guild leaders for proof : )

Alliance around Shiroe sounds promising...

In any case, perhaps it's time to get the core players of each guild on same table and talk... not just guild leaders because not all core players on every guild share same thoughts as their leaders.

I do hope to see something good coming out from all these, we can't be the only ones thinking on how Chaos Woe will change tides if we work together... even with lag.

About the lag, restricting the number of people in guild? Dunno... even so, with anim alliance defending 2? Econs, doubt they or their allies will have the resources to defend boths... right?

#165 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

I can assure you, we don't have the resources to defend 2 econs if you guys rally together. 

#166 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

I hope this is not referred to Animosity's alliance. CS has actually helped a smaller guild (Pagans) for a long time but they ventured off and started doing their own thing, and even they are being sucked into this bs about wanting our alliance to break and not liking our alliance. Other guilds need to stop getting smaller guilds to merge with them just to make up numbers. I've heard from another smaller guild leader say, so and so guild wants us to work with them so they wont attack our castle but at the end of woe it's that same guild that took their castle.

So again you guys need to learn to work together and stop putting blame on who's fault it is you didn't break a castle and just come back the next woe with a different strategy. 

I think you almost missed the point of my posts in this thread. I'm talking about the WoE population in general. You highlighted it in one part of this post and I highlighted it for you to see, but you and others are also saying to "learn to work together" to do better. Newsflash, a guild with more players who know what they're doing, are well-equipped, and easily outnumber you means you're going to stand no chance against them. When player skills, strategy, and equipment are on par with each other in opposing guilds...numbers win. It's simple math and variables. Do you think it's fun to fight a predetermined losing battle? The fun lies in knowing that you actually have a fighting chance. I'm not saying a guild needs to know that they can win to fight. They need to at least be able to put up a good fight as opposed to getting crushed.

Sometimes strategies don't even work when certain classes are missing from these smaller guilds either. You should actually be giving credit to the good smaller guilds that still manage to function properly enough to take down bad guilds twice their size, because I've seen it happen. You guys have to realize that larger numbers of good players will take down a small number of good players.

Let me say this to hopefully make you realize that it's just my opinion on the matter regarding WoE's current situation: WoE is currently a chore and also boring due to lack of variety in competition. It's just almost always two major alliances fighting each other. Two alliances made up of major guilds who try to recruit anyone they deem worthy to bolster their numbers in order to beat each other, regardless of them already being in a guild or not. I don't know what guild you're in and I don't care what any guild will say as their official stance, but the truth is that there will always be those who try to coax players to join their own guild for this so-called bigger and better WoE experience. I see people saying they've built their guilds from the ground up and I don't doubt them, but you can't deny that these are difficult times for building up new competitive guilds in the current WoE environment. There's just too few new players joining the WoE scene as opposed to years ago, let alone the entire game itself.

#167 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

Only reason we even ventured out to defend two econs is to spread ourselves out to entice good fights.

We hope that this thread spawns a good outcome as well.

#168 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:33 PM

I like how we got all guilds on this thread we'll all but 1

#169 Lizbo

Lizbo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

Serious lag has always been an issue in breaking huge eco forts, but somehow they always break!

#170 huatsiang

huatsiang

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

I like how we got all guilds on this thread we'll all but 1

we didn;t get any smokies, sundae law and senergia leaders inside this convo i think?

#171 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Is sundae law even a real guild? Lul

#172 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

When player skills, strategy, and equipment are on par with each other in opposing guilds...numbers win. It's simple math and variables. Do you think it's fun to fight a predetermined losing battle?

why are you even aruguing with them? they just want to brag. obviously they have strong ro egos.they go play any real competitive game they will get destroyed easily without numbers when its  1 vs 1 where there is no such thing as items and levels only actual gaming skills.

#173 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

instead of using money on supplies, rent some pro woe mercenaries.

from those that now play classic.

pay them to come over, give them leet gear and then have then wash up the competition.

#174 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

why are you even aruguing with them? they just want to brag. obviously they have strong ro egos.they go play any real competitive game they will get destroyed easily without numbers when its  1 vs 1 where there is no such thing as items and levels only actual gaming skills.

No one is bragging. What other games would you suggest?

#175 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:19 PM

instead of using money on supplies, rent some pro woe mercenaries.

from those that now play classic.

pay them to come over, give them leet gear and then have then wash up the competition.

Wash up the comp? I got a good number of people from Animosity to play with us in Wrecking Crew =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users