Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 4); Shaman, Forsaker, and Mystic - Page 2 - Bartuk Plains - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 4); Shaman, Forsaker, and Mystic

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#26 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

Mystics and Forsakers need less hp/con, they shouldn't be able to have more HP than tank class AND do insane damage.

No class should have more HP than tank yet again EVERY class can solo bosses and $hitz.

What needs to be done is major rework of armory and weaponry and restrict stats/resistance cap by class, so you have counterclass and synergy roles in group for everything.

But hey, everyone wants to heal+tank+pew pew, so here you go, knock yourselves out,

#27 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:11 AM

Unlike tempests, defilers, forsakers, and druids who have very very useful crowd control skills mystics do not rely on these skills. Other than burning meteor and flame wave which have 1.5 casttimes many mystics don't even use their only stuns, mystics simply don't possess functional crowd control abilities and they aren't meant to! They are mainly there for support and damage, if you wanna talk about a pure killing machine you should be talking solely about forsaker, which is skilled entirely for crowd control and heavy damage*

As is, mystics are extremely well balanced for their job, they heal and do damage, that is it. No, they don't take the job** of a prot or a rad but they can help fill in when poo hits the fan. Mystics are a party stabilizer with their healing/protection totems and healing fairy. There is absolutely no reason to nerf or improve the existing heals/damage skills or else consider giving mystics some better crowd control skills, which you shouldn't! Again you don't see solo mystics beating other crowd control based classes with comparable gear (skill or not) simply because they don't have slow, halt, hush, sleep, fear, lith, and a relevant stun(s) that these other classes rely on for their killing combos. All a mystic can do is jump in their Dolorean, leadfoot it up to 88 MPH and go back in time 6 seconds before someone attacks them just so they can lay out their marginally helpful totems and ground aoes that require casttime and still will not ensure a clean getaway or heavens to murgatroyd a kill! Because mystics are just sitting ducks in pvp that is why they must have decent heals and damage. If any mystic skill should be tweaked with it should be burning mind since it is kinda ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and I see you guys have already discussed it some.

* Saker's blazing wind should be improved some to make their damage heavier. That nerf a few years ago was ridiculous.

** Mystics can help tank some bosses if and only if they are properly supported by multiple rads/prots AND if they have high enough damage to overpower every other party members' agro skills. With that being said, ANY class can tank given the two conditions above. But you will never see a mystic solo a LW/DC/JS/AoS/ET boss unless they have stacks upon stacks of event pots on hand. It really is better for a party to have a distributed healing load system emanating from multiple classes, mainly: prots, mystics, and battle mages with their multiple party member affected HoT's designed to assist the big-time heals produced by rads to fill in the missing hp voids than it is to have all the responsibility placed in the hands of a rad who could suddenly lag out for a few seconds and kill the party.

Edited by Jabrody, 23 May 2014 - 02:23 AM.

#28 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

maybe to power up the supporter role, change 1 stun into a mana-over-time party skill? like back then when healtotem regenerated mana as well? 

its hard to change an existing skill into something usefull which fits the class, and wont be op

p.s. remove nightmare pots and all that "he-can-solo-evrything" -_- will stop immediately

#29 Jabrody

Jabrody

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:14 AM

Works for me, and yea I agree something should be done with event pots to make them not infinitely spammable.

#30 SidZSpY

SidZSpY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Server:Hammarine

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

Do something about PBs,not only rufus but also other PBs..10k damage is bull-_-.

Right now iv only seen rebria and rufus doing 10k instant multi target damage, giont and carlos max iv seen is 8k

#31 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

[Blaze] Rads heal me i will tank whole Hamy server in SvS.

#32 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

I think during one of the Pod casts, they talked about giving every skill auto to level-1. I still think they should do that. It is total crapola having to take a useless skill 1 level to open up more skills. Also, there should be quests for more skill points. At 50/60/70/80/90 1 SP for each quest.

P.S. If you guys do that, how about adding another hot bar at bottom...

Edited by Crftwise, 23 May 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#33 SinGasm

SinGasm

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

Out of all of this, all I agree with is that burning mind is useless, Mystic stuns are pointless, any class can tank with enough mall, and I want another hotbar.

#34 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:00 AM

i agree if you won`t improve the Stuns than just replace em with a total new Skill that is effective - makes no sense to keep em stunted.

#35 Wilq

Wilq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:48 AM

BRING BACK FLAME SHIELD!!! :DDDDDDDDDD

#36 TheNanny

TheNanny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:02 AM

The most non sense for this class is - Possession Beast. I vote to nerf it because 10-12k damage is really annoying...

#37 Eladar

Eladar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

How about you touch nothing and restore all classes as they were at the beginning of season 2? I miss those days when a single tempest could clean some dungeons ALONE and the basic Templar heal cooldown was only 3 seconds. Undo every nerf done so far and you will see people coming back in mass. I know, I know!! there were some classes so powerful that almost nobody could beat them in the battlefields. But sticks and stones. Solution is: make some skills change ONLY in battlefields or make other classes more powerful to at least be able to stand against those demi gods.

Edited by Eladar, 26 May 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#38 MiaMamma

MiaMamma

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

I have a forsaker and what i can say is that we need 1 more heal, we cant survive with only 1 heal each 15 sec.. give us an additional heal or increase the heal power of first aid.. tempest has 1 heal that have DNA, and he can heal hiself 6k +, forsaker only 4k if he use knuckle.. please increase the heal power or give us 1 more heal.. like mistic with lesser party heal... and skill lv 80 MANA BURN is useless.. is better if it decrease our MP but increase our dmg.. or if decrease our MP by 50% but increase our skill critical additional damage by 200 or 300, that's a better idea.. the duration it's the same as other skills... 30-40 sec duration and 1 min downtime.. and if possible give forsaker 1 passive skill that increase short and long def, all classes has 1.. why forsaker no? 500 def more can be good.. i see warlord always charge on me and stun cuz i have low def and i'm easy kill.. all classes need kill others.. give 1 metod or 1 chance to all classes to kill or at least to survive please! thank you

#39 Eladar

Eladar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

I had forgotten!! make magic classes look more like magicians, which is what they are. Their equipment must be a tunicle and all their spells must have a casting time. Like the typical black magician in most games. Seeing a magician running around like a scared chicken and throwing spells like stones is insane!! every magic class must be like hunters: STATIC. Another thing which will prevent our eyes from bleeding is restricting some items to classes. For example, melee weapons only for melee characters. I grow tired of seeing magicians with swords, axes, bludgeons and knuckles. Magical classes restricted to wand, staff and magic shield. If the status mind increases the healing done, add it to every magic weapon.

Edited by Eladar, 27 May 2014 - 02:06 AM.

#40 Nerthu

Nerthu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:38 AM

BRING BACK FLAME SHIELD!!! :DDDDDDDDDD

and for defi counteratack XD

#41 likha

likha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

Characteristics

Shamans are combat magicians that use Fire magic in conjunction with their short range attacks. Bartuks have natural aptitudes for fire magic, and use this advantage to enhance the might of their weapons.

Combat Style

Shamans rely on fire magic, but are also adept at handling short range weapons. They can cast buff magic that adds Fire damage to weapon attacks.

Source: http://www.playrequi...e/skills/shaman

from the current skill tree, shamans only fulfill a part of their job description ... 

i think Shamans need back Flame shield and the 2 melee stuns they had in S1... at the end they are Bartuks,they rely on cheer power they use close combat as well as fire spells.

i know i will get all sorts of disapproval .. but i am not talking here about +30 chars ... do not confuse Mall system balance with skill balance. 

also the shaman skill tree has a lot of useless skills like vindictive mind or wound care or flame thrower ... also the stuns they have are laughable at best .... remove those skills from the shamans skill tree and make room for any useful skill u might think of.

also make mystic OR foresaker a totem caster ... one job specialized in totems. 

lvl 80 skills of both jobs should be removed and some useful skill introduced ... mystics and foresakers have the most useless lvl 80 skills.

Edited by likha, 27 May 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#42 Eladar

Eladar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

Another thing: change dominators' summoning system. Where did you see a summoner that could call ALL of their summons. ONLY in Requiem. Again, Insane. Players who use dominators and their pets as a "legal" bot are cheating. Do you want lant? or experience? or items? stay on the computer and farm like every single player. Reduce the time those beasts can stay summoned, five minutes out and good bye would be fine. Those beasts are a help in combat, their function is support. Change it. That way we won't see dominators with their players away from the computer any longer and ONLY ONE beast can be called.

Here is an example: http://elblogdemanu....screenshot2.jpg

That IS a magician. Most exactly a summoner. Look at his clothes. A true magician "armor", a CLOTH.

Another example: http://ftp.gameshot....bartuk_male.jpg

That is NOT a magician or it doesn't look like one.

Can you see the difference? keep it in your mind.

Now call me crazy or whatever you want, but all of you know I'm right.

Edited by Eladar, 29 May 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#43 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:31 AM

Another thing: change dominators' summoning system....

Bartuks are dominators/summoners?..... since when? Oo

Edited by Skid, 30 May 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#44 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

Bartuks are dominators/aummoners?..... since when? Oo

im sure he/she is talking about dominator resistance build

#45 Wilq

Wilq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

and for defi counteratack XD

hehe yeah...wonderfull felling was when AA zerks and sins killing them self XD

#46 SidZSpY

SidZSpY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Server:Hammarine

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Just so people and GMs should know,Bartuks have the highest population in FOC/TB, Its like

40% bartuk

20-20-20% rest 3 races 

So maybe think about why people change to bartuks over rest of races and give skill changes accordingly

#47 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Unlike tempests, defilers, forsakers, and druids who have very very useful crowd control skills mystics do not rely on these skills. Other than burning meteor and flame wave which have 1.5 casttimes many mystics don't even use their only stuns, mystics simply don't possess functional crowd control abilities and they aren't meant to! They are mainly there for support and damage, if you wanna talk about a pure killing machine you should be talking solely about forsaker, which is skilled entirely for crowd control and heavy damage*

As is, mystics are extremely well balanced for their job, they heal and do damage, that is it. No, they don't take the job** of a prot or a rad but they can help fill in when poo hits the fan. Mystics are a party stabilizer with their healing/protection totems and healing fairy. There is absolutely no reason to nerf or improve the existing heals/damage skills or else consider giving mystics some better crowd control skills, which you shouldn't! Again you don't see solo mystics beating other crowd control based classes with comparable gear (skill or not) simply because they don't have slow, halt, hush, sleep, fear, lith, and a relevant stun(s) that these other classes rely on for their killing combos. All a mystic can do is jump in their Dolorean, leadfoot it up to 88 MPH and go back in time 6 seconds before someone attacks them just so they can lay out their marginally helpful totems and ground aoes that require casttime and still will not ensure a clean getaway or heavens to murgatroyd a kill! Because mystics are just sitting ducks in pvp that is why they must have decent heals and damage. If any mystic skill should be tweaked with it should be burning mind since it is kinda ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and I see you guys have already discussed it some.

* Saker's blazing wind should be improved some to make their damage heavier. That nerf a few years ago was ridiculous.

** Mystics can help tank some bosses if and only if they are properly supported by multiple rads/prots AND if they have high enough damage to overpower every other party members' agro skills. With that being said, ANY class can tank given the two conditions above. But you will never see a mystic solo a LW/DC/JS/AoS/ET boss unless they have stacks upon stacks of event pots on hand. It really is better for a party to have a distributed healing load system emanating from multiple classes, mainly: prots, mystics, and battle mages with their multiple party member affected HoT's designed to assist the big-time heals produced by rads to fill in the missing hp voids than it is to have all the responsibility placed in the hands of a rad who could suddenly lag out for a few seconds and kill the party.

somuchthis.gif

oh and lets not forget amulet of acceleration.

#48 W1lliam

W1lliam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:58 AM

Hello guys,

Suggestion for end-game PvP.

How about... Removing defense totems on mystics ? Or really nerfing them.

A level 10 Def totem without DNA gives 1300 def, aka 1/3rd of cap def.

Since you stupidly boosted their heals and they still have instant AoEs it would be nice if they could stop making their team invincible for melee and, who knows... Maybe die once in a while.

Mystics currently have :

- HP Buff ;

- Party heal, heal, more heal and possibly heal again ;

- Attack buff ;

- Skill crit buff ;

- Defense buff ;

Now please don't tell me you do not see this class as "slightly" overpowered.

They just tank/dps/heal everything, I don't even understand why we bother having other classes.

Slightly off topic, but I 'm going to repeat it until you get it : no wonder casters build full int glass cannons, with all the def buffs you give them, passive and active I don't see why they should work on defense on their stuff. Casters should be weak against melees and melees weak against casters. Not godly casters that can slaughter everything on the battlefield like it's the case now.

Thank you for reading.

Have a good day.

#49 zombi3

zombi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

But you will never see a mystic solo a LW/DC/JS/AoS/ET boss unless they have stacks upon stacks of event pots on hand. It really is better for a party to have a distributed healing load system emanating from multiple classes, mainly: prots, mystics, and battle mages with their multiple party member affected HoT's designed to assist the big-time heals produced by rads to fill in the missing hp voids than it is to have all the responsibility placed in the hands of a rad who could suddenly lag out for a few seconds and kill the party.

You're right you will never see a mystic solo any of those bosses, but i have seen 2 mystics duo some of these bosses, I've also seen Prots able to take on some of these bosses without use of radi as well. However healing power is not the real issue with the class and it has nothing to do with classes skills, it's the fact that CON stat gives the same benefits to all classes, any class can tank anything with a full CON NM & 79/85 CON armors. what should be changed, is CON should give 2-3HP per 1 CON, for all classes Except Turan Melee classes(which will remain 5 per con), similar to the dex effect on critical chance for some classes. currently 1000 CON will give 5000 HP if i remember correctly, & with the change suggested it will only give 2000 - 3000 which isnt that bad of a change, i think the only people who will complain are the solid +30's with 35kHP+ casters who wont be able to tank/solo certain bosses and hoard all the drops for themselves.

Edited by zombi3, 01 June 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#50 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

Wrong, Casters wear Cloth armor which means the Bikinis they wear should be made of cloth instead of chain mail.

Edited by Cleffy, 01 June 2014 - 10:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users