(1) Jabrody 1st of all stay on topic..behind every of my comments your comparing things with defiler.Is this a defiler discussion? you think you can prove your point by making a wall of text? if you want to make your point,keep it small and to the points,coz it gets annoying to read lenghty texts.
(2) Your points arent proving anything.And FYI evasion mostly works on pve,unless we change to shield which would be totally stupid.
(3) As Kim said,you dont want your precious class to be balanced. since the last 4 years i havent seen any such nerf which would totally change the class gameplay style.So i think it is time for you to experience what other class has been experiencing for the past years,
(4) Plus i dont think you should say mystics dont need change since iv never seen jabrody name in foc or tb.(IDK if you play as a differnt name,if you do please specify who you are in your signature)
1. I never went off topic. Not my problem if you can't comprehend what I wrote perfectly clear. I specifically explained the situation and for the 3rd time explaining this, I was trying to help YOU relate to mystics since you play a defiler, you can't possibly understand all the logistics of a mystic just like I can't possibly understand all the inner-workings of a defiler since it isn't my main toon. I do however play one though and I find it mildly tricky in pve and absolutely overpowered in STB, but that's for another time as you so eloquently stated. I have no problem with defilers as is. Are they comparable? Yes they are, because you MUST factor in all the other caster classes, and to some extent all of the classes, to get a general idea of where their strengths and weaknesses are to help determine if any proportion is out of whack before you go and make any hasty decisions (EX. wl's OC nerf was a hasty decision). Defiler focuses on damage and crowd control just like forsaker and tempest, Mystic focuses on damage and heals to help the party, generally they are used as a support class and are perfect for pve, since mystics don't have proper crowd control they are not ideal in pvp combat situations, although that doesn't stop most from trying and dying, and many +30 toons are successful without crowd control, the fact still remains that they don't have the option to use any even if they wanted to. If you don't like long posts then don't join the discussion. No one forced you to add your input, It's your problem if you can't handle reading my detailed replies with critical thinking skills.
2. For the 2nd time, I give as much examples/data as I can to help back up my arguments, whether you think it helps or not is hearsay and that will always be just your opinion. So, you're saying evasion is useless in pvp? I beg to differ, in fact my domi is built around evasion and my received attack miss-rate in pvp is relatively high, which I attribute to my decent amount of evasion.
3. You call nerfing heals a balance? You offer no arguments or examples with data, you literally are adding absolutely nothing to the convo by saying this. I can only assume you feel this way because some mystic beat you a couple times and the only reason you think they were capable of this was because they had "amazeballs heals", surely it wasn't because they had OP gear. Go back and read my wall of text, since you didn't bother to do it the first time and you'll see my argument explaining this. Oh, and the reason they haven't been messed with for so long is because they are extremely well balanced for what they do, great in pve, easy to kill in pvp once debuffed. People also don't usually piss and moan about mystic heals because Healing Totem and Healing Fairy help the party, also because these skills cannot debuff your opponent. Do you really think nerfing a class "just because" without any particular reason is a good idea? You should consider working for the old devs if you do, they would love you.
4. Oh, I still play TB/FOC now and again on Jabrody. However, I currently play mostly with my elem and SR. I typically play a match every other day. I have never been a hardcore pvper, other than SVS. Whenever that returns I will play every chance I get, just like I did for 5+ years.
a little question. you have ever played a other class the shamys wihtout +30 gear? i play atm a mystic and a wl with low gear. and both of them are crap. bud the mystic is way easyer to play becouse he have very nice heals. or my defi. i startet wit 85foc set when i beginn my regear. i wasnt able to kill a mob on nightmare map with same lvl. ofc shamys have not really crowdcontroll. bud they have a nice def/heal totems, a good amoubt of hp and good heals. this class is ok becouse they have nice heals. defi have Terms of Service yes. bud only one heal witch can miss and is crap in 1/1. if you now give shamys stuns or so. good night lol.
the prob in this game is the big diffrent between +0 and +30. as non wp player is close to impossible to doo something. as +30 cs whore this game is way too easy.
Yes, I also occasionally play a lvl 69 mystic with +10 gears, not my cup of tea but yea at times it can hold it's own in pvp, just not against any +30 toons. Yea defiler's VT is annoying with it's hit or miss, but when it does work it can be the most powerful heal in the game, when it misses you die. Oh I absolutely agree with your entire post, mystics strengths are it's heals and ground aoes, it truly is a pve player's dream and they should not be given a better stun.
I also couldn't agree more that the cash-ho model need works. The easiest idea that I would actually suggest would be making the new lvl 90 armors way more powerful than all the existing gear, without the ability to use the guaranteed +100% amplios/insurance and ridiculous forge events. My theory is that if the new armor stats are jacked up high enough that this new system would slowly flush out the old failed system that requires high % forge events. And the differences between free and paid players wouldn't be so contrasting. With this new system a free player could make +12 gear which would be equivalent to +20 with the current sets, and a paying player could make +20 gears which would be the equivalent to the current +30 gears. Anything beyond +20 would be based entirely on luck as you would have a high chance of breaking your gear since you can't use amplios/insurance. If developed properly, this new system would be Immediately favorable to free players as a boost.
Edited by Jabrody, 03 June 2014 - 12:16 PM.