Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 26 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#626 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:19 AM

it will be nice if "turn all" option actually turn all of completed quest. lets say there are 6 monsters and i chose "hunt all". but for some reason i only able to finish 2 of them. with my proposal, i wnt to if i choose turn in all bounty, it will give exp based on how many quests i done (in this case 2 quests).
in current system, we have to turn in one by one, and it is quite wsting time especially if i use bmx3.

For EMB earnings, players will have a "Turn in 4+" option in addition to the "Turn in all" option. I don't know if it's possible to do systematic checks if you have 3 or less kill quests completed, it might involve more scripting.

Does this mean a player would lose out on zeny if they chose the turn in all option? it's reading like you get 40k per individual turn in but only 40k total if you decide to turn in everything at once.
also I'm not sure if the zeny value per board is set across all the bbs; I swear the hugel novus boardsgave me 150k using the turn in all option (non-VIP).

The Take All option will continue to give you both. The new settings will give you money if you turn in each quest individually or do the Turn In All option. If you do the 4+ monsters, you'll only get EMBs (no zeny).

iRO has already done something for the higher level boards around chunking the exp to prevent issues; don't see why it couldn't be done for the lower level boards.

The chunking EXP script was implemented to help the game deal with massive EXP rewards, not so much to prevent overleveling. If you don't want to waste EXP, you should just turn in one by one instead of the Turn in All option.

#627 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:19 PM

The chunking EXP script was implemented to help the game deal with massive EXP rewards, not so much to prevent overleveling. If you don't want to waste EXP, you should just turn in one by one instead of the Turn in All option.

There should be a warning for lower level players regarding this, at least that's what I thought if it's intended that lower level boards are not giving separate EXP by turning all quests...

#628 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

There should be a warning for lower level players regarding this, at least that's what I thought if it's intended that lower level boards are not giving separate EXP by turning all quests...

I thought it's common knowledge you can only level up once or twice if you have a massive amount of EXP stored up. Or have people abandoned Eden quests entirely?

Edited by ZeroTigress, 09 March 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#629 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:57 AM

Halo, do bio4 bounty giving exp rewards of (75% mob exp X 150) as well?

#630 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

Halo, do bio4 bounty giving exp rewards of (75% mob exp X 150) as well?

All boards are currently on the old script which only rewards 75% EXP x 150 to VIPs and non-VIPs alike. None of them have been updated with the new script yet.

#631 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

Jumped on the bandwagon and got myself a Trello account.

https://trello.com/b...-boards-project

For those who are interested in the progress on the boards.

#632 leepox

leepox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

do boards that have more than 4 monsters bounty listed only need 4 to complete or do we have to do the complete list? (yuno has 8 monsters listed for 101-120)

#633 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

do boards that have more than 4 monsters bounty listed only need 4 to complete or do we have to do the complete list? (yuno has 8 monsters listed for 101-120)

To earn EMBs, you have take ALL monsters on a board. The script will be changed to only require 4+ monsters for EMB earnings, but I do not have an ETA on when that script will be implemented.

#634 leepox

leepox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

To earn EMBs, you have take ALL monsters on a board. The script will be changed to only require 4+ monsters for EMB earnings, but I do not have an ETA on when that script will be implemented.

oh ok thanks for clarifying cuz someone mentioned it to me and I was like whaaaat?? :)

#635 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

Still fighting for the better script. Hoping to get it implemented in time for the boards' first anniversary in May at least, but it's not looking likely. I won't give up, though.

#636 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

Since the spotlight is in Port Malaya in honor of opening Thor server, is it possible to add Port Malaya Bounty as soon as the server is open?

#637 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

Since the spotlight is in Port Malaya in honor of opening Thor server, is it possible to add Port Malaya Bounty as soon as the server is open?

Unfortunately the Bounty Boards are currently running on an unfavorable script so new boards won't be added until after that gets addressed. (I actually didn't intend to get the culture town boards added until after the system was finalized and out of beta status, but the iRO team added a board for Brasilis without my knowledge.)

#638 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

Unfortunately the Bounty Boards are currently running on an unfavorable script so new boards won't be added until after that gets addressed. (I actually didn't intend to get the culture town boards added until after the system was finalized and out of beta status, but the iRO team added a board for Brasilis without my knowledge.)

That explains why other localized towns and Arunafeltz don't have Bounty Boards. Thanks for the info. :thx:

#639 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

I still find it amusing that brasilis bbs are available through 175.

#640 Wimploo

Wimploo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:28 AM

I just wanted to collect all bounties for the prontera 21-50 board. I did all 10 150/150 but the board says its not complete. So i found on http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests 

that muka's are also part of this board. I start to kill some muka's but there is not sign that the meter is running towards 150. So it's not a part of the bountie board. How can i still collect all my bountie rewards in one time?

#641 hichaman

hichaman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:39 AM

I just wanted to collect all bounties for the prontera 21-50 board. I did all 10 150/150 but the board says its not complete. So i found on http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests

that muka's are also part of this board. I start to kill some muka's but there is not sign that the meter is running towards 150. So it's not a part of the bountie board. How can i still collect all my bountie rewards in one time?

sometime if you choose 'hunt all' one of those q not taken, specially muka, that always happen, so make you sure you take all that q

#642 Wimploo

Wimploo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

thanks for the tip hichaman, i did muka quest alone and then i could get my reward for all bounties :)

#643 Mojo

Mojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:08 PM

I want to thank you for this project. This is a great deal for players like me, melee class who play at odd times and have no time to search for parties. I've finally started lvling again after 3 years (finally felt like it). It's a way to have a purpose to hunt all over midgard and the new maps, when i used to only have a couple good lvling spots. So far i've found no bugs.

#644 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:59 PM

Good news!

Development on the Bounty Boards project will continue after the pRO issues have been worked out. Still no exact ETA, but it'll be soon after pRO account problems are resolved. No new Bounty Boards until then.

#645 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

nightmare clock tower BBs should be the first one put in. the community's been clamoring hard for it. dunno what should go on the bounty board besides big bells though; will need more input on that front.

#646 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

nightmare clock tower BBs should be the first one put in. the community's been clamoring hard for it. dunno what should go on the bounty board besides big bells though; will need more input on that front.

Bounty Boards are meant to make use of world map mobs. Hidden stuff like the nightmare dungeons will be covered by my new Odd Jobs quest system. Feel free to leave job class and 160+ leveling suggestions there.

#647 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

so if the community wants a bounty board for places that you don't wish to have them, they won't be implemented?

#648 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

so if the community wants a bounty board for places that you don't wish to have them, they won't be implemented?

You could propose a new quest system if mine are not to your liking, you know. << Don't see why the community wants me to do this kind of work instead of them.

#649 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:03 PM

the community is asking for a bounty board for nightmare clock tower. it can be put right outside the clock tower alde. it doesn't need any additional work on anyone's part; the GMs just need to add it into the game.

i'm not sure why you're so against this. nightmare clock tower gives players who don't play the high demand classes an actual place to level at. not everyone can get into bio4 parties, and not putting a bounty board here punishes people who play non-traditional classes and builds.

#650 irugavalentany

irugavalentany

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 11 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

The bounty board quest are going really well, but i think the number of mob to hunt for the low lvl chars should go down to only 100. It's a pain to kill 150 mob at a low level, the levels before u getting 2nd tier class are really boring and we should go throuth the low level faster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users