Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 27 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#651 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:56 PM

the community is asking for a bounty board for nightmare clock tower. it can be put right outside the clock tower alde. it doesn't need any additional work on anyone's part; the GMs just need to add it into the game.

i'm not sure why you're so against this. nightmare clock tower gives players who don't play the high demand classes an actual place to level at. not everyone can get into bio4 parties, and not putting a bounty board here punishes people who play non-traditional classes and builds.

Players are already going to the nightmare dungeons on their own. They don't need the incentive of a Bounty Board to go there. If low-demand classes are already having trouble leveling, the Bounty Boards won't help make things any easier for them. That is why I came up with the Odd Jobs system; to tailor quests specifically to job classes that have problems leveling. The Bounty Boards run on a standardized script which treats everyone the same. Odd Jobs will address the job class issues that the Bounty Boards don't cover.

Bounty Boards was never meant to be an efficient means of leveling like Gramps; they're meant for people who hate Gramps leveling. Again, if you don't agree with the purpose of the Bounty Boards, feel free to come up with a different quest system that addresses other issues in the game.

The bounty board quest are going really well, but i think the number of mob to hunt for the low lvl chars should go down to only 100. It's a pain to kill 150 mob at a low level, the levels before u getting 2nd tier class are really boring and we should go throuth the low level faster.

I will see if the iRO team will be receptive to lowering the kill count requirement. I've always been iffy about the high kill count requirement myself.

#652 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

Players are already going to the nightmare dungeons on their own. They don't need the incentive of a Bounty Board to go there. If low-demand classes are already having trouble leveling, the Bounty Boards won't help make things any easier for them. That is why I came up with the Odd Jobs system; to tailor quests specifically to job classes that have problems leveling. The Bounty Boards run on a standardized script which treats everyone the same. Odd Jobs will address the job class issues that the Bounty Boards don't cover.

Bounty Boards was never meant to be an efficient means of leveling like Gramps; they're meant for people who hate Gramps leveling. Again, if you don't agree with the purpose of the Bounty Boards, feel free to come up with a different quest system that addresses other issues in the game.

you're not understanding what's going on. the low demand classes have trouble getting into bio4 parties, which have a huge bonus with the inclusion of great bounty board awards. by not adding a bounty board for nightmare clock tower (an alternate spot these people could level at) they're being doubly punished (no bio4 party and no n. ct bb). adding a bounty board would absolutely help them get leveled up. these are not classes that are incapable of leveling on their own; they're just not taken along for bio4 because they're considered dead weight.

if bounty boards were supposed to be an alternate for gramps then the bio4 boards and mora boards wouldn't have been put in. almost everyone who uses them have already exceeded the gramps level requirement.

once again you haven't given a real reason why it's so difficult to add a new bounty board for this, as opposed to adding a completely new questing system. the new proposal is still in its infancy stages and won't be around for months. adding a new bounty board can be done before the anniversary exp bonus ends.

#653 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

you're not understanding what's going on. the low demand classes have trouble getting into bio4 parties, which have a huge bonus with the inclusion of great bounty board awards. by not adding a bounty board for nightmare clock tower (an alternate spot these people could level at) they're being doubly punished (no bio4 party and no n. ct bb). adding a bounty board would absolutely help them get leveled up. these are not classes that are incapable of leveling on their own; they're just not taken along for bio4 because they're considered dead weight.

if bounty boards were supposed to be an alternate for gramps then the bio4 boards and mora boards wouldn't have been put in. almost everyone who uses them have already exceeded the gramps level requirement.

once again you haven't given a real reason why it's so difficult to add a new bounty board for this, as opposed to adding a completely new questing system. the new proposal is still in its infancy stages and won't be around for months. adding a new bounty board can be done before the anniversary exp bonus ends.

Players wouldn't have bothered with anything outside of Gramps if it weren't for the Bounty Boards so the project is accomplishing what I created them to do.

If people want an easier time with the game, they're free to come up with their own ideas on how to make the game easier for them.

#654 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:15 AM

Players wouldn't have bothered with anything outside of Gramps if it weren't for the Bounty Boards so the project is accomplishing what I created them to do.

so what's the harm in adding more options? it'll be more inclusive that way.

it's fine if you don't want to spend time working on bounty boards for a specific area; feel free to work on other bbs. but at the same time, don't block attempts by others to put in boards that are in high demand.

#655 Akilez

Akilez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1746 posts
  • LocationGuadalajara, Mexico

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

Please add BB at Rachel

#656 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

it's fine if you don't want to spend time working on bounty boards for a specific area; feel free to work on other bbs. but at the same time, don't block attempts by others to put in boards that are in high demand.

The harm in adding more boards is that players develop a mentality that if they don't like an aspect of the game, add a Bounty Board. My only goal with the Bounty Boards project is to get people back in towns like it used to be. It is not intended as a band-aid fix for every area of the game like Gramps.

iRO players have shown themselves to greed upon anything they can take advantage of and I want to keep the Bounty Boards from becoming a victim of that. Just because players demand something, that doesn't mean it's good for the game and I'm not going to allow others to step all over me just because they want more aspects of the game to be handed to them on a silver platter. As I've said before, if you don't agree with the direction of my project, feel free to come up with your own that caters to a different goal.

Please add BB at Rachel

New Bounty Board additions are dependent on how quickly the iRO team resolves the pRO account issues.

#657 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

Its her project yes and she has most of the say, but she isn't a CM or Producer, its not her final decision.

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 June 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#658 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

still haven't provided a reason why this bounty board "damages" the game. so people who can't do bios are boned until this new project gets off the ground? what's the ETA on that? you mentioned that that wouldn't be implemented until after you're finished with the current BB project anyway, so we're looking at 2016 for this? also, will these "odd jobs" be repeatable or is it a one time exp event? if so, it's not really equivalent to bounty boards.

#659 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

still haven't provided a reason why this bounty board "damages" the game. so people who can't do bios are boned until this new project gets off the ground? what's the ETA on that? you mentioned that that wouldn't be implemented until after you're finished with the current BB project anyway, so we're looking at 2016 for this? also, will these "odd jobs" be repeatable or is it a one time exp event? if so, it's not really equivalent to bounty boards.

Everything is on hold until the pRO accounts issues are done so either way players would have to wait regardless. Unless you can convince the iRO team to put the pRO players on hold to address our issues first.

Players didn't have a problem dealing with Gramps until I came up with the Bounty Boards so players would have to deal with the unfinished Bounty Boards until Odd Jobs gets implemented. Questions about the Odd Jobs quest system can be posted on its appropriate thread.

#660 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

There are only 3 nightmare versions of dungeons (only 1 is a decent spot, hence the requests for a BB). Seems a bit pointless to add a whole new system to fit those in, agreed in that sense with Necrohealiac.

Interested in Odd Jobs quests, if it's helpful to certain unloved classes.

#661 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:51 AM

players would have to deal with the unfinished Bounty Boards until Odd Jobs gets implemented.

Development on these quests are planned to begin after the Bounty Boards project is done.

so which is true?

#662 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

There are only 3 nightmare versions of dungeons (only 1 is a decent spot, hence the requests for a BB). Seems a bit pointless to add a whole new system to fit those in, agreed in that sense with Necrohealiac.

Interested in Odd Jobs quests, if it's helpful to certain unloved classes.

The Bounty Boards are meant to run on a standardized script, which isn't really suitable for the limited spawns in the nightmare dungeons. Odd Jobs will have more customized scripts which will address that better.

so which is true?

Uh, both? I don't see how one statement contradicts the other.

#663 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:59 AM

The Bounty Boards are meant to run on a standardized script, which isn't really suitable for the limited spawns in the nightmare dungeons. Odd Jobs will have more customized scripts which will address that better.

nightmare clock tower has 200+ big bells; not sure what's limited about its spawn. further to meli's point about nightmare dungeon viability, nightmare scarab is impossible for melee based chars due to its permanent stoneskin. this was raised as a possible issue in the past but was confirmed that it is actually by design, so go figure. meanwhile, the highest level mobs in nightmare gh is 151.

Uh, both? I don't see how one statement contradicts the other.

your first statement implies that bounty boards would not be finished until odd jobs gets implemented. your second statement implies that bounty board project will be completed before development on odd jobs begins. hence the confusion.

#664 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

nightmare clock tower has 200+ big bells; not sure what's limited about its spawn. further to meli's point about nightmare dungeon viability, nightmare scarab is impossible for melee based chars due to its permanent stoneskin. this was raised as a possible issue in the past but was confirmed that it is actually by design, so go figure. meanwhile, the highest level mobs in nightmare gh is 151.

Nightmare dungeons are limited by the variety of monsters available to be suitable for killcounts. Perhaps I should've have used the word spawn, my mistake.

Secondly, because the nightmare monsters are limited, that makes Bounty Boards for them too exploitable since people can take advantage of the unfinished beta script to farm EMBs per monster kill instead of per 4 monster kills as it will be. So as much as you would like to see an easier means to farm EMBs, I cannot cater to that desire and I doubt the iRO team wishes to see people farm EMBs more easily.

your first statement implies that bounty boards would not be finished until odd jobs gets implemented. your second statement implies that bounty board project will be completed before development on odd jobs begins. hence the confusion.

What you assume doesn't detract from the fact that people will have to deal with the unfinished Bounty Boards until the project is complete and development on the Odd Jobs system can begin. Make as many assumptions about having 2 complementary quest systems as you want, they won't be as you want them to be.

#665 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

Just disable EMB rewards for nightmare dungeons? Or give something else.

#666 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

Hrm I have something to say about this since I am partially giving suggestion about what has been addressed in this topic.

I know this has been an ongoing issue about what content should be put in the game and what not to be placed. I did offer suggestion to make bounty boards not much like how you would go to gramps for instant gratification leveling. By what I mean is just either AFK or having to sum up a party with having some empty feeling afterwards. Like it was just there just to gain a few levels or drop items or farming.

The basic idea of having the bounty boards or so thought imo is having to explore the areas of Midgard and other towns that are either developed / non- developed inhabited or never been to. That also has to deal with a whole bunch of level separation aspect as well at the player's discretion.

Yes, I know that we don't have much content being passed afaik but they also had the intention of gramps being semi-perm. Waking up or coming back home from whatever project and going to gramps doesn't seem too adventurous as I can probably compare it to walking down the street and going to Mcdonald's and being fed per every chance you get until satisfactory.

Yes, it is a project that she (Zero) gets the privileges to incorporate through the game from other's opinions. She has the privileges to edit part of the content but its up to CM / GM to finalize the idea and make sure its feasible for for the community to interact with. I understand that when there's a maint and when there are CM/GM working on the game they also have to run new scripts just like they would have to make a website working properly with HTML. Apparently not an easy task.

I have contributed some idea to the bounty board but I also wanted new players or beginners to explore maps, dungeons and whatnot. not just wake up.. log-in and gramps for the rest of the time. That sounds very "wysiwyg" in the idea that the satisfaction of having a char is just to have exp handed in bundles as payout. I also wanted part of my idea to be a task and not only just something that feels a bit empty. 

​I'll just have to compare and contrast with the results but having too much unnecessary added content or task for rewards is plagueing the game to the concern that its like reading a book backwards. 

I might have to add more comment later if necessary... D:<<<<<

#667 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

Just disable EMB rewards for nightmare dungeons? Or give something else.

Like I said, the Bounty Boards are meant to run on a standardized script which includes EMBs as one of the rewards. Odd Jobs will offer more than what the Bounty Boards provide.

It's funny, people opposed the Bounty Boards system when I brought up a similar idea years ago and now they think it's fantastic. And again there's all this opposition to the Odd Jobs system, which people might end up liking just as much. This community astounds me.

I might have to add more comment later if necessary... D:<<<<<

I only take issue with suggestions that are obviously catering to the give-me-EXP/EMB mentality that Gramps TIs has instilled into players. My main goal is to see the game be alive again, which is what the Bounty Boards will do once it's completed. People wanting more out of the Bounty Boards, I feel, is no different than people wanting certain monsters to get put into Gramps TIs for the purpose of either easy EXP or to farm certain loot.

#668 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

Secondly, because the nightmare monsters are limited, that makes Bounty Boards for them too exploitable since people can take advantage of the unfinished beta script to farm EMBs per monster kill instead of per 4 monster kills as it will be. So as much as you would like to see an easier means to farm EMBs, I cannot cater to that desire and I doubt the iRO team wishes to see people farm EMBs more easily.

Unique Monster per dungeon  for nightmare dungeons aren't anything worth exploiting when there is currently better exploits in the bounty board system for EMB farming. Such as Red and Yellow Novus' which aside from having a good spawn on the same normal map, also appear as a gramps weekly turn in from time to time. The last time they were in gramps it was very easy for VIP players to obtain 50+ EMBs in a few hours.

Other potential exploits that already exist in the bounty board system would be practically all low end boards. But Willow/Spore/Boa by far. Seeing as there is nothing stopping people from mass making 1/1 chars and leeching them with their main through those fields.

Nightmare CT has 6 monsters, Nightmare Pyramid has 6?, and Nightmare GH has 6. There is less potential for exploit in these places for EMB farming than some of the already existing bounty boards.

#669 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

Unique Monster per dungeon  for nightmare dungeons aren't anything worth exploiting when there is currently better exploits in the bounty board system for EMB farming. Such as Red and Yellow Novus' which aside from having a good spawn on the same normal map, also appear as a gramps weekly turn in from time to time. The last time they were in gramps it was very easy for VIP players to obtain 50+ EMBs in a few hours.

Other potential exploits that already exist in the bounty board system would be practically all low end boards. But Willow/Spore/Boa by far. Seeing as there is nothing stopping people from mass making 1/1 chars and leeching them with their main through those fields.

Nightmare CT has 6 monsters, Nightmare Pyramid has 6?, and Nightmare GH has 6. There is less potential for exploit in these places for EMB farming than some of the already existing bounty boards.

I'm already in discussion with Oda and the others concerning these exploits. The pRO issues are taking priority at the moment so they are slow to respond.

I actually never intended for the boards to give out EMBs; that was a decision made by the iRO team, which I wasn't too happy about. I will discuss with them the possibility of removing EMBs from the boards and transferring them to the Odd Jobs system once the Bounty Boards project is complete.

#670 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:17 PM

aldebaran BB:
150-175
big bell
big ben
neo punk

no, it is not only big bell there. if you want to get EMB, you need to finish big ben and neo punk also. i dont see a limited spawn, monster choice and EMB exploits that way.

#671 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

i thought BBs were originally intended to be a replacement for gramps. without an EMB reward, what incentive do players have to complete some of the super annoying monsters (mage/archer bio2, 4x lichterns for mora, 15+ monsters for some geffen boards?). how would poor players get EMBs? you're basically forcing them back to gramps again. you're going to have them save up 35k a count till they can buy a reset stone or something?

#672 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:17 PM

i thought BBs were originally intended to be a replacement for gramps. without an EMB reward, what incentive do players have to complete some of the super annoying monsters (mage/archer bio2, 4x lichterns for mora, 15+ monsters for some geffen boards?). how would poor players get EMBs? you're basically forcing them back to gramps again. you're going to have them save up 35k a count till they can buy a reset stone or something?

They were never a replacement for Gramps. I don't know where you got that idea. They were originally designed for people who hate Gramps.

#673 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

You know what the biggest issue is with most community projects in these forums? That the word "community" falls down to the same group of 30~50 people. Get involved everyone else :D

Edited by Nirvanna21, 12 June 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#674 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:43 PM

You know what the biggest issue is with most community projects in these forums? That the word "community" falls down to the same group of 30~50 people. Get involved everyone else :D

Yeah, I tried that. Apparently I'm the only one willing to step up and get my hands dirty.

#675 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

They were never a replacement for Gramps. I don't know where you got that idea. They were originally designed for people who hate Gramps.

if people hate gramps decide to do bounty boards instead, then are not the bounty boards replacing gramps for these people? instead of arguing semantics, can you address the point i made regarding embs? you claim to want to give newbies a shot but you're taking away something that helps them level the playing field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users