Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 31 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#751 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

Future content will be a nightmare for you then. Because that is the direction RO is sailing. :v

A little too late with that boat. They should've jumped onto that ship while it was still possible, instead they tried going their own route and failed time and time again. kRO devs  :hmm:

I myself would like to see the experience penalty removed. Its THE reason I have not leveled my AB over 150. Don't have  the time to consistently be around for hour+ long parties. Some people have a real life to attend to, and can only do short stints like bb's, gramps, or soloing. Perhaps the exp would need a rebalance, but honestly, I don't care. I'd much rather the penalty be removed, then the exp be rebalanced later. The xp monsters give at higher levels anyway is abysmally low compared to their difficulty. They've been needing a rework anyway.

#752 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

Here's the list of Bounty Boards currently implemented and tested and the ones that are to come, so you can give feedback on those:

https://trello.com/b...boards-listings     (Zero put the link in the OP...guess no ones reads OP's anymore)

Remember:

• Green: List Finalized
  • Blue: In game for Testing
  • Yellow: Going to be changed
  • Red: Unimplemented

I think feedback on existing BB's should be given too (if the spawns are too low, if the mob in a bounty has better spawns in a region of another BB and so on)

And no to MVP boards...this can be abused. Specially the suggestion of creating an instance for it (dunno if it is even possible). That would just make a free MVP Summoner Clone to farm.

#753 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

And no to MVP boards...this can be abused. Specially the suggestion of creating an instance for it (dunno if it is even possible). That would just make a free MVP Summoner Clone to farm.

Well, that's why I suggested cooldowns for these ones >_<

#754 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

A little too late with that boat. They should've jumped onto that ship while it was still possible, instead they tried going their own route and failed time and time again. kRO devs  :hmm:

I myself would like to see the experience penalty removed. Its THE reason I have not leveled my AB over 150. Don't have  the time to consistently be around for hour+ long parties. Some people have a real life to attend to, and can only do short stints like bb's, gramps, or soloing. Perhaps the exp would need a rebalance, but honestly, I don't care. I'd much rather the penalty be removed, then the exp be rebalanced later. The xp monsters give at higher levels anyway is abysmally low compared to their difficulty. They've been needing a rework anyway.

i'm fine with removing the exp penalty as long as the exp tables are rebalanced at the same time. not doing that would kill the game even faster.

#755 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:04 PM

i'm fine with removing the exp penalty as long as the exp tables are rebalanced at the same time. not doing that would kill the game even faster.

The game isn't likely to live on beyond this year anyway. kRO would take at least 2 to rebalance.

#756 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

tkwan you're so pessimistic :(

#757 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:39 AM

nightmare clock tower bounty boards please. pigeon-holing everyone into leveling at bios for the last 25 levels is super lame. and currently, NCT falls short of being mind-numingly slow. i need to kill 4000 big bell to gain ONE level, and I'm VIP and not even lvl 160... there is a reason RO has always had problems keeping a strong player-base, and a large part of that reason is GRINDING THIS HARD SUCKS BALLS.

#758 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:44 AM

I killed over 15k Big Bells during event to reach 175 from ~160 (don't remember when I started accumulating them). 15k! Do you know how many Bounties are that? XD

100, they're 100 bounties. XD 

#759 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

Not sure why Gramps is being brouht up to be used again. Also, people use BBs over him now & people leave mid TI no matter which one it is - so that's nothing to worry about. Anyone complaining they don't like BBs is worth ignoring.

Also, the first handful to hit max were people using p2w and bloody branches. Expanding on the project seems good versus bad, especially in comparison to gramps. x______x

It's good to have feedback but if the OP is going to feel attacked it's sad. :( A lot of people love this project but don't hold the same grip on the nostalgic past that is RO. You shouldn't feel blamed for that OP, some just wanna help expand on the idea.

#760 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

i agree. i am VIP and still a death removes like 5 mins of work for me. considering all it takes is one tiny error and i'm hitlocked and killed instantly, its extremely NOT fun to level as death is simply going to happen semi-regularly as a squishy class.

#761 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:19 AM

experience penalty is not the same thing as death penalty.

#762 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

I play a hybrid build RK and didn't have dex boots when I first started bio4 boards and never seemed to have any major negative comments, much less get kicked from a party.

Gramps, while a good way to level, especially for those who can't grind for hours on end, has had a relatively negative effect.  However, if you remove gramps without expanding the higher level bounty boards, you'll have a lot of pissed off people.  Bounty boards are good all around.  They give people a boost while leveling, encourage partying and unlike gramps, encourages people to explore the real game world and not some special instance.

Then you're lucky, I've been kicked out of most parties, or just plain not invited.  I'm somewhat of a hybrid, but I'm not high enough level to have more Vit or Int yet.

#763 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Here's the list of Bounty Boards currently implemented and tested and the ones that are to come, so you can give feedback on those:

https://trello.com/b...boards-listings     (Zero put the link in the OP...guess no ones reads OP's anymore)

Remember:

• Green: List Finalized
  • Blue: In game for Testing
  • Yellow: Going to be changed
  • Red: Unimplemented

I think feedback on existing BB's should be given too (if the spawns are too low, if the mob in a bounty has better spawns in a region of another BB and so on)

That is so not fair.  The Nameless Island bounty should be for higher levels too, or at least for any level ArchBishop.  Also the MVP boards could disable drops if they did that.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 16 July 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#764 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

tkwan you're so pessimistic :(

There's pessimism and realism. As it stands at the moment, gravity is already financially tanking. Couple that with the pretty serious economic downturn thats coming this fall/winter, and it spells the end of iRO, and possibly all official RO servers (though I would expect the company would at least hold on until the next spring FEC report, but they may choose to just dissolve the company before then and get what they can out of it. Time will tell.)

#765 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

not really sure where you're getting the signs of a serious economic downturn, but sure if we're working on the assumption that there's a major global recession inc then i guess everything will be impacted.

#766 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:42 PM

Is the NPC script for the bounty boards up for public review somewhere?

#767 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

Not sure why Gramps is being brouht up to be used again. Also, people use BBs over him now & people leave mid TI no matter which one it is - so that's nothing to worry about. Anyone complaining they don't like BBs is worth ignoring.

Also, the first handful to hit max were people using p2w and bloody branches. Expanding on the project seems good versus bad, especially in comparison to gramps. x______x

It's good to have feedback but if the OP is going to feel attacked it's sad. :( A lot of people love this project but don't hold the same grip on the nostalgic past that is RO. You shouldn't feel blamed for that OP, some just wanna help expand on the idea.

I agree with Ambur.

The BB project was a pretty good idea and should be expanded to the other towns, in the least.

It provides other means of lvling to casual players and even the hardcore ones.

I hardly think that are any bad effects of the expansion of this project.

#768 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

They could make the turn in feature work like gramps turn in.  click the turn in option and the script goes through what quests you've done and keeps track of how many and if it counts 4 in one sitting it will give you the ebms.

#769 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:00 AM

I take it then, that this is above my pay grade?

#770 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:00 AM

Is the NPC script for the bounty boards up for public review somewhere?

The dialogue script or the actual programming script?

#771 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:05 AM

The dialogue script or the actual programming script?

Both.

#772 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:08 AM

Both.

Here's the dialogue script I came up with. Everything else on the board was conceived by the iRO team so you'll have to ask Oda or Campitor for those. As for the programming script, I don't have access to it so again you'll have to ask Oda or Campitor.

Want to get a bit of role-playing in the Bounty Boards so here's my new proposed menu for the boards:

Xm9m7rH.png

#773 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

@ZeroTigress

I'll PM Campitor then. I think I could give more productive feedback from looking at the nuts & bolts rather than coming at it from the top down. We'll see what happens though; he's been busy with 14.3 stuff and I'm still chomping at the bit to address item descriptions.

Edited by RichieDagger, 03 August 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#774 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

This has been in "beta" for far too long. Please add a cooldown of 20 hours to these boards.

#775 Mojo

Mojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

Excellent job.

I have only one suggestion so far: to exchange "Death Word" (from Thanatos Tower) to another monster. The reason is because there are only 10 of them in the floors accessed solo. The 3rd floor and ahead needs a party of 5 (or waiting list, and it's always empty).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users