Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 32 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#776 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

Can't even do anything with the project as long as pRO and Classic server takes priority. Try again next month.

#777 Mojo

Mojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:36 PM

By all means, nothing urgent from my side! B) i'll just keep enjoying all bounties in my lvl range as always

#778 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

For future reference, I could care less about Gramps. It's up to the iRO team if they want to remove him or not, I will have no part in it.

#779 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

Can we get this to queue up when you click a bounty board?

#780 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

Can we get this to queue up when you click a bounty board?

That might give people heart attacks.

#781 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

That might give people heart attacks.

Zero, that was rough.

*deep breath*

My maternal grandfather had a quadruple bypass about 15 years ago. It was a very stressful time in my life. The mentioning of heart disease triggered some really bad stuff. You shouldn't be so thoughless, mocking cardiovascular conditions like that.

*sad dolphin*

#782 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

Zero, that was rough.
*deep breath*
My maternal grandfather had a quadruple bypass about 15 years ago. It was a very stressful time in my life. The mentioning of heart disease triggered some really bad stuff. You shouldn't be so thoughless, mocking cardiovascular conditions like that.
*sad dolphin*

Oh stop.

#783 VineAlonso

VineAlonso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

I've already said it many times and will say it again, the Bounty Boards are meant to give purpose to less used areas of the world maps. And again, people are already going to the nightmare dungeons on their own so they don't need a Bounty Board to encourage usage. The only reason I see to ask for boards in areas that don't need them is for extra EXP, which could be easily resolved with Battle Manuals and such.

I don't know if you ever tried to lvl in nightmare clock tower. I don't think so, because its like really empty there. The mobs have 160k HP, and the exp isn't exactly great. As RG soloing there, I was able to make 1 lvl with 4 bmx3 in 2 hours when lvling from 150 to 151, now imagine 160+. That's a hard and expensive grind if you compare to bio4 BB,  with one Bio4 run i'm making 1 lvl with one bmx3, so what you said about the exp issue being solved with BM is not true in that case.

The other thing is that the clock tower is empty. Almost nobody goes there at all because its not worth it, so I think it could use a BB to encourage usage for sure.

The other option I tried was the Mora BBs, hunting Cenere and Atique book, that is the two mobs I can hunt efficiently, but the BB's exp reward it's not worth, and to turn in all the BBs it  would take a lot of time because the other mobs don't have enough spawn. 

Truth is Bio 4 is like a Grampa's TI without the 23h cooldown, and theres another issue that only specific jobs can join the pts. 

#784 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:46 AM

After collecting more feedback and reevaluating the project to lean more towards helping new players get established in RO, I have since proposed the following script settings:

-Only players within the level range of a board can take the quests on it.
-Players can either take kill quests individually or Take All.
-Reward 1 EMB if a player turns in 4+ kill quests (to prevent players from abusing Bounty Boards that have less than 4 monsters).
-Reward 75% EXP x 100 kill counts per kill quest (VIPs can choose to put EXP in either Base Level or Job Level.)
-Reward 1000 Zeny x Base Level per monster turn in.
-Allow players to turn in quests if they overlevel for the board as long as the kill counts are complete.
-3-hour cooldown per monster (other monsters on the same board can still be done).

I have tried to propose the EXP reward for VIPs to be 100% x 100 kill counts per kill quest, but the idea has been shot down by the iRO team under the argument that the current VIP perks are good enough and do not need the proposed change to make VIP more enticing. Therefore VIPs will continue to have the option to choose to put the EXP reward into either base level or job level.

I'm hoping to have the project reach launch phase before the winter season, but it doesn't look like it'll be happening. I'll keep you guys posted on the project's progress, but until then the project remains in beta status.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 06 October 2015 - 12:40 PM.

#785 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

BB's should be repeatable without a cd. If they are still going to offer zeny without a cd, then perhaps something more like 250 x base level. A level 100 then would still get 25k per turn in, and being repeatable without a cd means they'd probably only be able to complete 4 turn ins once every hour at most, while still being able to hunt bb mobs for an xp reward and the xp given from the monsters.

If there were a cd placed on the BB's I think it would severely lessen the value of the boards. The boards brought interest and revitalization back to RO. Adding a cd to them would be a typical gravity slap to the face move.

#786 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:02 PM

BB's should be repeatable without a cd. If they are still going to offer zeny without a cd, then perhaps something more like 250 x base level. A level 100 then would still get 25k per turn in, and being repeatable without a cd means they'd probably only be able to complete 4 turn ins once every hour at most, while still being able to hunt bb mobs for an xp reward and the xp given from the monsters.

If there were a cd placed on the BB's I think it would severely lessen the value of the boards. The boards brought interest and revitalization back to RO. Adding a cd to them would be a typical gravity slap to the face move.

The call for a cooldown was necessitated due to the proposed zeny reward script and the fact that bots are also using the boards to level up as well. Campitor was actually against the 1,000 zeny x base level reward as he wanted the boards to offer EVEN MORE than that. It's been a struggle trying to find a balance in the rewards to discourage more inflation in the economy.

If there were no bots in the game benefiting from the boards, I'd be more than willing to keep cooldowns off. But due to the rampant abuse, a cooldown became necessary to slow them down. Yes, I do know it slows down players as well, so unless there's a better means to keep the bots from flocking to the boards like flies, there's not much else to be done about it.

#787 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:52 PM

Forget about the bots. Bots will be bots will be bots will be bots. It's the actual players that need to be pleased. They're the ones spending money on this game. The bounty boards were a pretty critical boon to the game in a period where it was slowing down. They've been a consistent positive benefit to the game and putting a cooldown on them, even with the addition of a zeny reward, will not serve to hurt bots. Bots will be bots will be bots. They will continue to bot regardless of the boards having a cd or not. They'll adjust their scripts to go back every time the cooldown is up, and bots will be bots will be bots.

You can't stop a machine without stopping its power source. Fixing the bounty boards to have a cooldown doesn't even really slow them down because they'll continue grinding, getting loot and selling it.

If camp is concerned about a zeny sink, then perhaps he should put the strawberries in an npc that bots are so keen to bot. There have been dozens of suggestions for solid zeny sinks in this game that have been ignored. Altering a positive leveling method will not deter bots in the slightest. You want a zeny sink camp? Then do something that does Not Hurt The Actual Players. Search the forums for the multitudes of ideas that have come up in the past for zeny sinks. Many of them are outstanding and legitimate ideas that could be implemented with relative ease.

#788 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

People keep accusing me of not listening to suggestions. So here's the suggestion made for a cooldown.

This has been in "beta" for far too long. Please add a cooldown of 20 hours to these boards.

Since no one made an argument against it, I assumed people were okay with it.

#789 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

ohh dear, i'm no totally against cooldown, but 20 hours is too much, it will make bounty board (the most popular and useful feature) totally useless. :p_swt:

it gives little exp and need more time to complete, why would i choose to do bounty board instead of grandpa? And why bother to make a feature which no one would choose to do.

Edited by TEDDYBEE, 06 October 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#790 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

I don't agree on the cd, it's a huge turn off tbh and penalizes legit ppl. Imagine how hard it would be to form and find parties if there is a cd. This will have very little impact on bots imo, so.. Just my 2 cents.

#791 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

Well I said I was listening to suggestions so where were all of you when the cooldown was suggested? :U

#792 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:32 PM

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :heh:

#793 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:32 PM

Jaye is trolling, i'd ignore her opinion

#794 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:37 PM

So people accuse me of not listening to suggestions and when I do listen to suggestions, it turns out to be troll suggestions. How do you people expect to be taken seriously on this project?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. :heh:

Yeah, no kidding.

#795 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

Hmmm, its nice you listening to suggestions, but not cool choosing the worst suggestion to impact the comunity.

BTW, it has to be PRO to be able to do bounty board on Openkore. its not everyone download openkore then he can do bounty board straightly.

#796 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

Hmmm, its nice you listening to suggestions, but not cool choosing the worst suggestion to impact the comunity.

BTW, it has to be PRO to be able to do bounty board on Openkore. its not everyone download openkore then he can do bounty board straightly.

If people are going to throw troll suggestions at me, then I guess I should ignore most of them then.

I'll talk to Oda and Campitor about removing the cooldown.

#797 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:50 PM

If it got more positive feedback in the thread / got proposed as a change I think people would have came to comment. Also, I think Jaye was being serious and not trolling. >_<

I agree with Tkwan and Beata in terms of it though since it has become a discussion.

#798 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

Idk but bots should be the least concern for bbs, this is the best edition to be added to iro in the longest time -thank you- so a cd will just make it troublesome.

#799 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

Honestly I think everyone would choose no cd and no zeny over cd and zeny if that was the only 2 choices.

Or just keep that mechanic the same as it is now. 35K or baselevelhereK doesn't really matter to any player that is above 99 anyways.

Why the change from 75% of 150 to 75% of 100? 100 is a pretty low number once you get past the extremely low bounty boards. Not that it really matters much but it just seems a little unnecessary to change.

Edited by Toxn, 06 October 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#800 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

Why not instead of zeny do consumables?

Levels 1-40 Slim Red Potions

Levels 40-80 Slim Yellow Potions

80+ Fat White Potions

?