Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 33 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#801 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

If it got more positive feedback in the thread / got proposed as a change I think people would have came to comment. Also, I think Jaye was being serious and not trolling. >_<

I agree with Tkwan and Beata in terms of it though since it has become a discussion.

I would hope Jaye wouldn't make such a suggestion for the purpose of trolling.

Honestly I think everyone would choose no cd and no zeny over cd and zeny if that was the only 2 choices.

Or just keep that mechanic the same as it is now. 35K or baselevelhereK doesn't really matter to any player that is above 99 anyways.

Why the change from 75% of 150 to 75% of 100? 100 is a pretty low number once you get past the extremely low bounty boards. Not that it really matters much but it just seems a little unnecessary to change.

100 opens up more monster options since there's not a lot that spawn a high enough number for 150 killcounts.

Why not instead of zeny do consumables?

Levels 1-40 Slim Red Potions
Levels 40-80 Slim Yellow Potions
80+ Fat White Potions

?

That would eat into brewing profits, wouldn't it? Keeping the zeny reward would allow players to participate in the economy.

#802 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

I would hope Jaye wouldn't make such a suggestion for the purpose of trolling.

100 opens up more monster options since there's not a lot that spawn a high enough number for 150 killcounts.

That would eat into brewing profits, wouldn't it? Keeping the zeny reward would allow players to participate in the economy.

Who brews red/yellow slims except for points?

#803 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:05 PM

Who brews red/yellow slims except for points?

What if people resell the potions?

#804 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

Actually, I like the idea of supplies. Maybe add other useful items too to certain BB's? Like WSS, Cobwebs, Gemstones, Strawberries? 

#805 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:06 PM

What if people resell the potions?

They will get a reduced zeny return, Also these don't have the brewing bonus like ranked potions get.

#806 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:07 PM

I'd prefer receiving a new coin every time you finish a board similar to EMBs but well, not EMBs. >> Something like 1 coin per bounty,

Coins could be redeemed for things like small/mid life potions, elemental converters, xx r/y/w condensed potions, merc scrolls, and the sorts.

Edited by Toxn, 06 October 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#807 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Why not instead of zeny do consumables?

Levels 1-40 Slim Red Potions

Levels 40-80 Slim Yellow Potions

80+ Fat White Potions

?

Doesn't sound bad for starting levels, will they return 0 zeny if sold to npc? Wondering.

#808 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Actually, I like the idea of supplies. Maybe add other useful items too to certain BB's? Like WSS, Cobwebs, Gemstones, Strawberries? 

Kind of against WoE supplies as starting to provide those can be an issue.

#809 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

I'd prefer receiving a new coin every time you finish a board similar to EMBs but well, not EMBs. >> Something like 1 coin per bounty,

Coins could be redeemed for things like small/mid life potions, elemental converters, xx r/y/w condensed potions, merc scrolls, and the sorts.

I've already proposed the concept of Bounty Tokens just for that purpose, but it was a no-go.

Doesn't sound bad for starting levels, will they return 0 zeny if sold to npc? Wondering.

If we can do Bounty Potions that sell for 0 but recovers a lot, that'd be a good replacement. Maybe make it character-bound so people don't go hoarding it for WoE or something.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 06 October 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#810 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

Only if I nerf all condensed potions. But 75 zeny for like 100 potions isn't bad as that would come out to 7500

#811 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

I've not read almost any of this thread but I will say putting a CD on BBs would be a bad move. I know myself and friends who enjoy doing the boards for a few hours at a clip when the mood strikes, so putting a cool down on it would just make us not want to play. As it stands now, I hate that even the eden quests have a 3 hour cool down, and because of that CD, I personally never do them and I don't know anyone who does. 

#812 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

Only if I nerf all condensed potions. But 75 zeny for like 100 potions isn't bad as that would come out to 7500

I guess, giving them 2 options then either eat your consumables or sell them for zeny is OK imo. If you go with that please put a check on the chara weight limit so the reward is not lost if the inventory is full or overweight. I like personally the idea of rewarding merc scrolls but I think we have other ways to get them? unless one needs vip for that, I forgot.

#813 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:22 PM

My only concern with the boards offering potions is that people will create low-level characters to hoard them so they wouldn't buy brewed potions from other players. But if people are fine with that, I guess we can do that for the 1-99 boards.

#814 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:25 PM

i know a lot of newbies that rely on bounty boards to get zeny to buy gears. With all the carrots and crap people use, I'd say it's a bad move.

Why change something to "fix" a problem that needs to be solved anyway (bots).

I'd rather use fresh fish than unranked slim reds/yellows. Pretty sure it heals more.

Edited by KamiKali, 06 October 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#815 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

I personally prefer the boards to offer EXP, zeny and Bounty Tokens and nothing else. But if the CMs want more, not much else I can do about it but compromise.

#816 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

Why make changes when everything works properly? i dont understand the logic.

1. Noobies need both zeny and exp reward, earning zeny is always a big touble for noobies.

2. Bot can pick up loots instantly, why they need bounty board zeny?

3. Its not easy making macro on openkore to farm bounty board, ok? 

4. bots should be the least concern for bbs, like beata said

Edited by TEDDYBEE, 06 October 2015 - 04:30 PM.

#817 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

1. its nice, but please make it account bound.

2. i don't like having trash condensed potions fill of my storage, since i already have fresh fish/pumpkins/carrot/eggs in my storage. for old player potion reward is useless.

3. plz make nightmare clock tower bounty board, ppl being asking for months.

Edited by TEDDYBEE, 06 October 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#818 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

Put a captcha on bounty boards xD

#819 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

We need more boards not a cd on them. Are we seriously arguing that rewarding slim reds or something cuts into brewers profits?

#820 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

When I decided to level an Novice 1/1 to Hunter 99/50 using the BB sytem, I relied solely on zeny from selling drops to npcs and zeny rewards from the boards I did.

I was able to buy non-ranked white slims and other items (including a BMX3 for a mass turn-in) using the profits from leveling to help.

I could argue the use of Board Badges for gears could be good, but there already exists one hell of a useful starting gear system...

Seriously, read this... http://irowiki.org/w...uipments_Quests

I am not kidding, read that damn article, the gear you can get from simply following that and dedicating a few moments each day to enchanting them can lead to some seriously good gear to last you til at least 120 (I almost lost it at 60 MDEF in enchants you could get).

So I feel I need to say the time old expression "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

#821 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

Putting a cooldown on boards would be a disaster for bio4 parties.

#822 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

Kind of against WoE supplies as starting to provide those can be an issue.

More of an issue than bots farming woe supplies?

I think toxn's idea of having a custom item available for trade for not commonly offered items (such as woe supplies/strawberries/consumables) is a good idea. This should be supplemented by an npc that offers a similar selection for zeny at relatively higher prices. That would serve a dual purpose of lessening the bot farms for woe supplies, and offering a consistent zeny sink to help balance the market by having set prices for these items.

#823 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

I really like the way it is now, i dont think it need any changes.

At most i wouldnt mind counts of 100 monsters, that would make easier to get 2x TIs in bio4 in 1BMx3 time :)

#824 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

Have a single board NPC that checks your level and prompts the appropriate bounties rather than having a separate board NPCs for each level bracket.

Incorporate the enhanced/ringleader monster variations into the system. At least have the kills count towards the normal bounties.

How about the bounties be randomly pulled from a larger pool, specific to each area, that rotates at set times?

I'd still like to see both the scripts (client and server side) for the board NPC, if possible. It would give a better idea of what is possible. Maybe, at least, a breakdown of how the quest flags are set up.

Edited by RichieDagger, 06 October 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#825 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

I'm not against the CD, it sounds like a decent idea EXCEPT for the fact that it would put a huge dent into Bio4, which is currently the only means of leveling past 150 for many classes. Had we received the proper 175 content along with the 175 update itself, adding a CD would've been no problem since people could freely level elsewhere. But adding a CD now would be a real hindrance and slow the leveling process by, like, A LOT. It's a bit of a lose-lose but I'd rather keep it without a CD for now and add it when we finally get a better means of leveling to 175 in like 7 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users