Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 8 FINAL); Battlemagician, Elementalist, Druid - Page 2 - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 8 FINAL); Battlemagician, Elementalist, Druid

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#26 xShadowGigx

xShadowGigx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

This is how a fight between me vs. an elf(Druid) goes all the time

Here's me using all my nukes Rake nail/Bloody Arrow/Attack of Curse, Elf Invisible arrow > 3 secs stun. Now he casts Rage of bugs(1.5 secs) after that elf comes up close to me in Doom Guard form and right as the first stun runs out,elf uses staggering shout(instant cast/ lasts 6 secs) then elf gets out of Doom Guard form and casts a crap load of other offensive skills. Staggering shout expires, elf either goes back in Doom Guard and use heavy blow(another instant cast stun which lasts for 3 secs).

By then I'm either dead or saved by my team and the elf is far far far away cause he knows how to use approach + DNA in cool down which makes it spammable after every 5 secs and healed up cause they have 3 heals from the battle magician tree.

God mighty elves, you're all pros.

EDIT: P.S Did you guys know that Doom Guard is immune to all stuns? (Sarcasm at best)

Edited by xShadowGigx, 16 July 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#27 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

u dont need 45m to nuke a mob

Are you kidding? Have you seen those things? Theyre really scary, nobody wants to get close to something like that. 

#28 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

who woudnt want aoe dna on lct and wastewater?...im not daft but im pretty sure ppl would like that.

aoe lct-hca-lct-mysterious storm-lct-wastewater-lct- rinse repeat u tellin me that wouldnt fit elem and having a variable pure magic damage buff wouldnt benefit the class?   ...please dont waste my time.  it would take elem from useless to very viable. being able to aoe nuke every sec, after spammin the other nukes with a cd, would put elem far beyond druid and any other aoe class in the game.

who gives a -_- what elem are supposed to be ...it isnt workin obviously...

ask urself this...if elem got RoB and no other change would u play it?...i wouldnt

---if elem got aoe lct, wastewater, + doomguard and variable pure magic damage buf 20-80/150-550 would u play it? yep ^^

Edited by sonemere, 16 July 2014 - 11:15 PM.

#29 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

lol @ giving elems DG.

#30 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:23 AM

dont care anymore but this:

Battle_Magician_Holy_Bliss.gif Holy Bliss change to group buff! not single target it takes way too long to cast on everyone in battlefields

^

#31 hasut

hasut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

....God mighty elves....

#32 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

it not range of skills thats an issue its the fact all have high hp/res. so its damage thats an issue.

Ele has like 2 attacks on its tree.

Give it crap load of 30m aoe nukes is just swapping one OP class for another. they already have HCA thats spamable every 5 secs with dna

#33 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

@ charade, i just want to point out, without stuns and immune doom guard it ends up with you stunning, binding, tosing, and then dropping 2 20 second ground tic aoes, and if the target is not dead, lith, rinse and repeat until dead. And even with identical gears you do more damage than a druid. I will agree that druid is OP, but only if you agree that without these stuns defiler would demolish a druid.

#34 xShadowGigx

xShadowGigx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

@ charade, i just want to point out, without stuns and immune doom guard it ends up with you stunning, binding, tosing, and then dropping 2 20 second ground tic aoes, and if the target is not dead, lith, rinse and repeat until dead. And even with identical gears you do more damage than a druid. I will agree that druid is OP, but only if you agree that without these stuns defiler would demolish a druid.

I usually play like a Domi in PvP, mostly nukes, only Terms of Service when I see the chance, I'm not like those other retarded Defiliers that presses the button for Terms of Service first thing in a fight.

#35 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

The point still remains, defiler can stun/hold for just as long if not longer due to lith and bind. I'm just saying that epic nerfing is not the best way to go about "fixing" druid, and that the stun lock isn't the entire problem. Especially considering zerks, defilers, rads, commies, sins can all do some kind of similar effect, be it perm hush/sleep or scud / stealth spam. And also want to point out that considering the gear I use, you have ended up with more kills in every match even though I win 1v1. Someone mentioned that instead of nerfing classes they should boost all the others to be able to compete. Couldn't agree more with that.

#36 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

The point still remains, defiler can stun/hold for just as long if not longer due to lith and bind. I'm just saying that epic nerfing is not the best way to go about "fixing" druid...

Someone mentioned that instead of nerfing classes they should boost all the others to be able to compete. Couldn't agree more with that.

warlords and druids are the basis by which all classes should be balanced UP to.

#37 zombi3

zombi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

warlords and druids are the basis by which all classes should be balanced UP to.

Agree with this, leave druid & make every other class stronger to be able to compete(although WL's without Overbearing clamor working right not all that tough.) or at least stand a better chance.

IMO, Elem is severly underpowered, heres a few of my suggestions.

Clairvoyance- This skill has DNA for extended range on the sight, however there is no reason behind this whatsoever even if you see a sin/SR they will hit you everytime. My suggestion increase skill range to match clairvoyane range while buff is active.

-Fairy's Judge & Snow Burst remove casting time completely.

-Magic Counter Attack needs to be stronger, it sreally weak and pretty useless to be honest compared to other skills with the same effect.

-Rage of Bugs to elem tree 

Thrown Vine to elem tree

-Flame of Curse, Invisible Arrow to elem tree(druids have enough stuns i think elem should have something more class exclusive as well. also this fits theyre class descrition. as they are elementalists they should be dealing with all elements.)

- move Vilovy to druid tree, give it useful skills & change stats changes to magic resist + 2% per level & move speed +.3 per level magic attack +30 per level(i see this more of a caster transformation)

-move Approach to 1st job tree(druids get 2 dashes & elem have none)

-Fairy's Protection is a useless skill, give it some other benefits that make it worth getting.

-Give Raging Strike more damage & more attack increase per level & move to druid skill tree.(possibly make Raging strike give a % increase to physical damage 1%-10%.)

-Giantizing change or replace with an attack power down debuff skill.

-Move Swift legs to Vilovy transformation, & give Inferno a short fear skill, 5-10 seconds, or possibly a hush.

#38 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

some of the Druid OP`ness comes from the Shapeshifting.

if there would be some kind requiements to use Doomguard or Inferno Skills it would be much more balanced.

something like a chain Skill Combo 

or small Cooldowns on the Shapeshifting ability would be not a big procedure but a step into the right direction.

you could use the Possesion Beast design ofc. it would have to load much faster but it fits very good into the Shapeshifting Design i think.

#39 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

some of the Druid OP`ness comes from the Shapeshifting.

if there would be some kind requiements to use Doomguard or Inferno Skills it would be much more balanced.

something like a chain Skill Combo 

or small Cooldowns on the Shapeshifting ability would be not a big procedure but a step into the right direction.

you could use the Possesion Beast design ofc. it would have to load much faster but it fits very good into the Shapeshifting Design i think.

It's not really the shape-shifting, that was always there.

The problem is the sudden spike in damage dealing capabilities through magic damage in combination with the inherent survivability druids posses. With melee based druids there was spike damage, but everything other than your melee chain was mediocre in some situations damage wise. The other problem is now you don't really need to use Inferno to be offensive (although it was only a PART of the chain). Most druids these days just run DG as an extra utility. 

But what do I know ;p

#40 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

well you know you have to start somewhere...

properly insert without the feeling of nerf...

#41 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

Well one thing that I think is a bug and needs to be fixed with druid: inferno and dg form can't use their melee attack skills if hushed. Fix this then feel free to rip out rage of bugs all you want

#42 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

ok so 45m aoes is a bit much but what about this....give elem aoe dna on wastewater.

also give them damage over time mastery, that applies magic damage, to the damage over time part of wastewater and hcl. this is the ssame as being able to throw a insticast fire rain. i kinda like this idea ^^

#43 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 20 July 2014 - 11:56 PM

Completely remove this class from the game and make a new one.

Let's think of ideas for new class.

#44 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

Move rage of bugs to Elementalist

#45 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

Move rage of bugs to Elementalist

In my opinion, it should be changed back to how it was like. Leave it on druid tree, make it a weak/dot AOE, invisible, very large area effect (for example 30M cast range, 15M radius, not sure how it will be useful) so it contributes to covering areas stealth detecting classes can't check. And so that druideles dont rely on this skill, right now it's a bit silly to have elementalist and a stronger elemental druid. What you guys think?

#46 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

all of the jealousy towards druid/warlord is just a misunderstanding that all other classes deserve to be just as good...if u cant embrace that then u wasting ur time speaking here. dont look a gift to other classes as though it isnt, warlords and druids are the basis by which all classes should be balanced UP to.

scream nerf is just a mentality u have acquired since s2 release. think outside the box or stfu.

Edited by sonemere, 21 July 2014 - 01:15 AM.

#47 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:31 AM

all of the jealousy towards druid/warlord is just a misunderstanding that all other classes deserve to be just as good...if u cant embrace that then u wasting ur time speaking here. dont look a gift to other classes as though it isnt, warlords and druids are the basis by which all classes should be balanced UP to.

scream nerf is just a mentality u have acquired since s2 release. think outside the box or stfu.

Wow you're taking that so seriously...

#48 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

Hey guys, I'm new here so I was hoping someone would explain how balancing classes will stop paying players from 1 shotting free players. I'm just glad you guys are looking at the big picture and figuring out solutions to the things that really matter in this wonderful game. Keep up the good work.

#49 hasut

hasut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

this......n yes make new class Druid Mark II,, :heh:

#50 YUMIR5

YUMIR5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

Prophet_Ganggyeok.gif Heavy Blow : Delete this skill completely... I didn't know that a elf can have a HEAVY BLOW TO STUN THE TARGET WTF.

Druid_Staggering_Shout.gif Staggering Shout :At max level, the stun duration should be only 3 sec.

A druid can use this skill when he at defensive Doomguard form, no one can stun that ass and he will use this skill to stun all the people for 6 sec. AND THIS IS FUNNY.

Prophet_Advance.gif Advance : At max level, the distance should be only 20 m. 

DNA_Battle_Magician_Potens_Approach.gif Potens Approach :delete this stupid DNA skill. The dash skill's downtime should not be so less.

Druids can dash more quickly even than assassin, WTF?

Edited by YUMIR5, 22 July 2014 - 02:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users