Class Specific Headgear Foundry Round 2 - Page 3 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Class Specific Headgear Foundry Round 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#51 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:59 PM

Don't masquerades have cooldown? Not sure about backstab spam though. You can still do that? I know there used to be a trick where you could spam backstab by being in the same cell as the target but it doesn't exist anymore. Is there another? : o

#52 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:52 PM

Don't masquerades have cooldown? Not sure about backstab spam though. You can still do that? I know there used to be a trick where you could spam backstab by being in the same cell as the target but it doesn't exist anymore. Is there another? : o

You can still backstab spam.  I don't see how reducing global cooldown would cause any issues since backstab is aspd dependent (aka you can backstab as fast as your aspd more or less).

I feel like the +7 and +9 effects would probably end up being too powerful.  I like the idea of reducing sp costs and cooldowns, but I'm not sure if that's something that can be done.

#53 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

Cooldown reduction would probably have to be for specific skills.Too bad you can't reduce the global delay for just 1 skill >_>

#54 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 July 2014 - 01:59 AM

I feel like the +7 and +9 effects would probably end up being too powerful.  I like the idea of reducing sp costs and cooldowns, but I'm not sure if that's something that can be done.

Fatal Menace does around 900% damage at Lv5, Base 150, and around 600% at Base 100. The range is low and requires you to be mobbed up and taking hits for optimal effect anyway. It also teleports you, and everyone knows how much of a pain in the ass that is. I don't feel as though a 50% boost to its damage would be even remotely gamebreaking.

Feint Bomb damage, assuming 100 DEX, is only 200% at Lv3 and that's absolutely pathetic. +20% with a potential +60% on top of that (essentially wasting a large number of skill points to get that number) isn't even the slightest bit 'powerful' compared to the leveling skills of other classes.

Those two skills chained together might be a good kill combo if they were buffed up.

How do you feel about ensuring knockback on Triangle Shot? It CAN be done, since precedents exist in Bongun Card's added knockback to [Bash], Cello's added knockback to [Melody Strike] and [Arrow Vulcan], and Great Axe's added knockback to [Mammonite].

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 26 July 2014 - 02:10 AM.

#55 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:09 AM

Fatal Menace does around 900% damage at Lv5, Base 150, and around 600% at Base 100. The range is low and requires you to be mobbed up and taking hits for optimal effect anyway. Ita slo teleports you, and everyone knows how much of a pain in the ass that is. I don't feel as though a 50% boost to its damage would be even remotely gamebreaking.

Feint Bomb damage, assuming 100 DEX, is only 200% at Lv3 and that's absolutely pathetic. +20% with a potential +60% on top of that (essentially wasting a large number of skill points to get that number) isn't even the slightest bit 'powerful' compared to the leveling skills of other classes.

Those two skills chained together might be a good kill combo if they were buffed up.

How do you feel about ensuring knockback on Triangle Shot? It CAN be done, since precedents exist in Bongun Card's added knockback to [Bash], Cello's added knockback to [Melody Strike] and [Arrow Vulcan], and Great Axe's added knockback to [Mammonite].

I hear ya, 100%.  I'm just worried about asking for too much and then getting shot down altogether.  Since the headgear will have to go through testing before anything is finalized anyway though, I think trying what you've suggested for the +7 and +9 effects would be worth a shot.

#56 Ebersu

Ebersu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:42 AM

How about:

MATK +5%. Increases the damage of [Triangle Shot] by 30%.

At +7, Increases the damage of [Feint Bomb] by 20%. Further increases the damage of [Feint Bomb] by 10% per mastered Masquerade skill.

At +9, increases the damage of [Fatal Menace] by 50%. If the user has mastered [Fatal Menace], adds 10 HIT and reduces the SP cost of the skill by 10.  If the user has mastered [Triangle Shot], reduces the skill's cast time by 0.5 seconds and SP cost by 10. If the user has mastered [Body Painting], reduces the cast time of [Feint Bomb] by 0.5 seconds.

I don't see the point of having +5% MATK on it. There are many hats that do a lot more and aren't class or pvm specific.

Even if the original effect of the hat is kept + 2 APSD and increases Triangle Shot damage then I'm cool with it. If the hat is drastically changed to the point that it's only focusing on Feint Bomb which I don't agree with even bothering at all... I'm out. I hope they refund the people who bothered spending money for the hats already. I say buff shadow spell all the way.

#57 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:14 AM

I don't see the point of having +5% MATK on it. There are many hats that do a lot more and aren't class or pvm specific.

Even if the original effect of the hat is kept + 2 APSD and increases Triangle Shot damage then I'm cool with it. If the hat is drastically changed to the point that it's only focusing on Feint Bomb which I don't agree with even bothering at all... I'm out. I hope they refund the people who bothered spending money for the hats already. I say buff shadow spell all the way.

Feint Bomb is only one of four skills buffed by my idea.

The concept is to base your damage around mobbing with Fatal Menace and chaining Feint Bomb while picking off stragglers/keeping distance with Triangle Shot. Having most of the additional bonuses derive from Masqs and their prereq stops players from hybridising if they want to maximise the hat's benefit.

The +5% MATK is only there as consolidation for copied magical skills. Shadow Spell isn't exactly an uncommon skill (in fact most PvM Chasers have it) so I didn't want to focus on that, but it needed a slight buff as it's almost a requirement for PvM play and even with a build focused on the hat, Chasers will still make use of it.

#58 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

I certainly wouldn't mind using that as a starting point and then buffing or nerfing depending on how the skills end up performing in game with various gears and stuff.

The next step would be to come up with some +7 and +9 effects.  I feel like +9 addressing Invisibility would be good, though I'm not sure what can and can't be tweaked with the skill, since it was fairly ill conceived in the first place.  Sadly, the only ways that I can think of to buff it other than just completely redoing the skill altogether is the reduce the SP consumption and the cooldown.  That's probably asking too much though, and if I had to choose, I'd definitely go with what's already been suggested rather than messing with Invisibility.

I'm really not sure what would be good for +7 or +9.  I'm mainly concerned with getting the 3 skills I've been talking about buffed.

Very Normal Hat [1]

Dex +1.  MATK +2%
For every 3 refinement to the hat, DEX +2.
Increase the damage of [Triangle Shot] and [Feint Bomb] by 5%.

If upgraded +7 or higher, MATK +8% and increase the damage of [Triangle Shot] and [Feint Bomb] by an additional 10%.

If upgraded +9 or higher, decrease SP cost of skills by 20% and increase the damage of [Triangle Shot] and [Feint Bomb] by an additional 15%.

Edited by Jaye, 26 July 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#59 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

Since things have been looking rather bleak for Feint Bomb and Fatal Menace (there's just no way to make the skills good for leveling unless you start buffing the damage by ridiculous amounts), I had been trying to think of some other ways to buff the hat.  Here are some thoughts.  Again, I'll refrain from specific percentages since that's not my cup of tea.

1)When physically or magically attacking, has a chance to randomly cast one of the following: (maybe something like a 1~5% chance?)

• Firebolt 1-3
  • Coldbolt 1-3
  • Lightningbolt 1-3
  • Earth Spike 1-3
  • Fireball 2
  • Soul Strike 1-5
  • Frost Nova 5

2)When physically or magically attacking has a low chance (1% or less) to cast Odin's Power 1 on the wearer (This feels like it would be a nice +9 effect provided it wouldn't be overpowered)

3)Buff damage and reduce sp cost of triangle shot.

4)When receiving physical damage, has a chance to cast Feint Bomb at the learned level (must have surface paint in inventory)

5)When Invisibility is used cast Mild Wind Level 5 on the player.  (So that SC can actually deal proper damage to Ghost monsters instead of half, since Invisibility only enchants your weapon with Ghost, but leaves your status attack neutral, which pretty much ruins the point of having your attacks become ghost property).

6)When a monster is killed with a physical or magical attack, gain 10 sp.

7)When physically attacking, has a chance to cast Full Divestment at the learned level on the monster. (Since it's PVM only, and even SinX has drill katar)

8)Reflect X% of damage, possibly increased by refine level?

9)When physically or magically attacking, low chance that for 5 seconds, each physical hit will restore 2 sp and X hp, and every monster killed by magical attacks will restore X sp and X hp

10)When Triangle Shot is mastered, ranged attacks ignore X% of monster def (boss may or may not be included).

I can't think of any other ideas at the moment.  I'm not suggesting that all of these be on the hat, but I think a lot of these would be great alternatives to just straight up buffing things like MATK or ranged damage, and would really help give the Shadow Chaser a bit more flair, since you'd potentially have a hat that does some really cool stuff that other hats don't replicate.  I'd be really happy to hear your opinion regarding these.

#60 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

@AlmrOfAtlas

As I told ramen in PM, the problem with feint bomb its its engineer to be an end-game skill. It's only particularly effective at 150/50.

Most skills: 150% of starting damage by 150/50 (base damage and + [lvl/100]% bonus)

Feint bomb: 750% of starting damage by 150/50 (Every 10 jobs is 1x the damage, and also the regular lv/100 thing)

So much of the damage comes from lvl, that by the time it does reasonable damage, you don't need to lvl anymore.

Buffing it even 50% won't change anything. :(

I proposed a sliding scale buff (+175%, -30% for every 10 jobs) so that it does ~550% at low lvl, and ~1875% at max, instead of ~200% at low to ~1500% at max.

Edited by Jaye, 27 July 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#61 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

DIVINE GUARD HAT[1] Royal Guard

Dev comments: They wanted the damage to be boosted on a third class skill, since most of the other hats boosted third class skills. They also believe that the autocast heal would be triggering too often. 

Since we're mostly in control of changing the effects of these hats, that dev comment seems to miss the point of the hats. Its already been mentioned that Genesis Ray isn't quite popular to consider boosting, as well. Though the actual skill needs its mechanics adjusted, I'm also not on board with a Cannon Spear boost since there is a weapon and the Bio 5 headgear that boost its damage. Moonslasher already has synergy with Overbrand, and its intent is to force sit. Earth Drive already has utility to clear traps/ground effects and can reveal hidden monsters/players. "Reflect" leveling was never intended to be a leveling skill, anyways.

I'm sticking to my guns and reposting what I last left, with some modification:

Regarding Divine Guard Hat:

Spoiler

Base effects are in place to immediately begin. RG has little issue when it comes to amassing ATK, anyway, so an ATK nerf can be employed to stress the main purpose of the hat. The extra MATK could help Grand Cross reach better numbers, since RG doesn't have many high w.MATK options. One even requires Level 120... 

+7 helps with efficiency by aiding the SP recovery that the originally proposed accessories would have through its combo. Since the devs were wary of Heal going off numerous times, and there are two cards that autocast it on self, this proposed idea is made to be the opposite of the Enchanted Peach Tree Card. Another different heal effect and the same proc percentage, but requiring the user to take damage to coincide with Grand Cross being a mobbing skill.

+9 adds more efficiency with a Heal boost for those who will actually use the skill and additional damage with GC. With 90 Base Int, this proposal is a 30% increase for GC.

#62 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

Since we're mostly in control of changing the effects of these hats, that dev comment seems to miss the point of the hats. Its already been mentioned that Genesis Ray isn't quite popular to consider boosting, as well. Though the actual skill needs its mechanics adjusted, I'm also not on board with a Cannon Spear boost since there is a weapon and the Bio 5 headgear that boost its damage. Moonslasher already has synergy with Overbrand, and its intent is to force sit. Earth Drive already has utility to clear traps/ground effects and can reveal hidden monsters/players. "Reflect" leveling was never intended to be a leveling skill, anyways.

I'm sticking to my guns and reposting what I last left, with some modification:

Base effects are in place to immediately begin. RG has little issue when it comes to amassing ATK, anyway, so an ATK nerf can be employed to stress the main purpose of the hat. The extra MATK could help Grand Cross reach better numbers, since RG doesn't have many high w.MATK options. One even requires Level 120... 

+7 helps with efficiency by aiding the SP recovery that the originally proposed accessories would have through its combo. Since the devs were wary of Heal going off numerous times, and there are two cards that autocast it on self, this proposed idea is made to be the opposite of the Enchanted Peach Tree Card. Another different heal effect and the same proc percentage, but requiring the user to take damage to coincide with Grand Cross being a mobbing skill.

+9 adds more efficiency with a Heal boost for those who will actually use the skill and additional damage with GC. With 90 Base Int, this proposal is a 30% increase for GC.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they'd have a problem with boosting grand cross, especially when the AB hat boosts Magnus Exorcismus (which is a 2nd job skill).

#63 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

AB hat is a good point

#64 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:06 AM

Isn't the AB hat going to be up for debate as well? These hats are supposed to buff third class skills. That was made clear when someone suggested a second class skill with the Autumn Headband. The ME could also be allowed for the Maiden Shrine hat due to the fact it's kind of hard to come up with a build with a bunch of support skills, and so few offensive skills. One of the proposals (so far) is to buff auto-attack builds. Besides, there's already equips that buff ME. So I don't think GC should be buffed.

I stand with Reflect Damage for the Divine Guard hat. I mean, it may not be meant to be a leveling build, and that was probably why it was nerfed to begin with. But there's so many third class skills, and only what? One viable leveling build? So if not buff RD, then which third class skill? Spear Cannon? Earth Drive? ...Shield Press...? Reflect Damage already has a viable (pre-nerf) build displayed on irowiki. Let's just give it a bit of a buff to get it close to where it was (not to where it was exactly), and maybe you'll see more people playing it (again).

#65 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

Every class can do an autospell build, so I don't actually see a point in buffing autospell builds for every class out there, except SC because of auto shadow spell.

I think AB hat is fine as it is right now. Nothing much to complain about. Being the only AoE damaging ground targeting skill an AB can have, buffing it makes sense. At least you see more ME ABs nowadays thanks to the hat, so it's successful.

#66 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Every class can do an autospell build, so I don't actually see a point in buffing autospell builds for every class out there, except SC because of auto shadow spell.

I think AB hat is fine as it is right now. Nothing much to complain about. Being the only AoE damaging ground targeting skill an AB can have, buffing it makes sense. At least you see more ME ABs nowadays thanks to the hat, so it's successful.

The Shrine Maiden hat isn't up for debate in this thread.

#67 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:12 AM

Should take a step back and look at what SKILS on a skill tree are underused. And NOT look at builds are made possible through GEAR.

Triangle shot is an underused skill-- reflect damage is not.
Magnus Exorcismus was an underused skill -- grand cross is not.

Its not about making skills that have a purpose given a new purpose. Its about making a skill desireable to get when 1% of the populace even bothers to get it.

Grand cross is functional for 1-99 grind. Let it keep its niche.

What 3rd job skill serves almost no purpose, for example: all of wanderers sound damage skills?

#68 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

That was made clear when someone suggested a second class skill with the Autumn Headband.

I stand with Reflect Damage for the Divine Guard hat. I mean, it may not be meant to be a leveling build, and that was probably why it was nerfed to begin with. But there's so many third class skills, and only what? One viable leveling build? So if not buff RD, then which third class skill? Spear Cannon? Earth Drive? ...Shield Press...? Reflect Damage already has a viable (pre-nerf) build displayed on irowiki. Let's just give it a bit of a buff to get it close to where it was (not to where it was exactly), and maybe you'll see more people playing it (again).

Not sure what was made clear, regarding second class skills... kRO may want to put the attention on 3rd Class skills, but iRO is the one determining the effects. All they need to do is inform us of what can and can't be done, while we attempt to get as close as we can to the intentions that were proposed. There are a number of 2nd Class skills that could be touched on for usage as a 3rd Class. Rune Knight can certainly still use Bowling Bash, especially with Ignition Break, for example. Why not aid others, like how Shrine Maiden aids Magnus Exorcismus?

Technically, one can still "use" RD in leveling now. Its just that it no longer reflects ALL damage sources like it did before, which was a little too strong, and isn't a 100% guarantee. Basically, its no longer a 'set it and forget it' skill and functions closer to Endure. The fact that its barred from certain instances says much about it, as well. Personally, I'd rather stay with intended usage of skills.

Cannon Spear has two weapons and a headgear that directly boosts its damage. Even with that, its not very desirable due to how the skill operates. The damage mod and cooldown of the skill don't work well together. It should have been a slower, stronger AoE option, while Banishing Point should have been the weaker, swifter single-target option.

Earth Drive is meant for ground clearing, revealing, and debuffing. With Sacred Mission, adding attack power on top of its utilities would make it too good. This is along the same sentiments Pinpoint Attack had.

Shield Press is single-target with a stun chance. Its also buffed by the Imperial Guard. The only way to indirectly buff this (and other Stun weapons and skills) is to adjust the Stun resistance formula.

Bringing up other 3rd Class skill attacks:

• Only so much can be done with the Banded skills. In fact, they did get buffed before: with more RGs in banding, Hesperus Lit gains additional effects and the magic portion of Genesis Ray grows stronger. The "shared" HP mechanic needs work, though.
  • Exceed Break... doesn't need to be touched. Its a complementary attack.
  • Moonslasher was meant to trip foes (force sit) and complement Overbrand, the latter actually buffing the former.
  • The random nature of Shield Spell makes that unreliable to buff.

The only RG attack that I'd like to see a buff for is Burst Attack, but I don't think this headgear should be the thing to do it. This leaves self-buffs and Trample, while there are plenty of previous skills to look through. With a focus on Grand Cross (and Heal, since the class actually has it), it'd be the return of a main, intended PvM build from the classic days and encouraging its further usage as a Royal Guard. Its also different because Int and MATK also play a role in the build, something that was all but lost in Renewal.

#69 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

The OP states that the devs wanted the hats to be for third class skills, since that what the other hats mainly do.

Should take a step back and look at what SKILS on a skill tree are underused. And NOT look at builds are made possible through GEAR.

Triangle shot is an underused skill-- reflect damage is not.
Magnus Exorcismus was an underused skill -- grand cross is not.

Its not about making skills that have a purpose given a new purpose. Its about making a skill desireable to get when 1% of the populace even bothers to get it.

Grand cross is functional for 1-99 grind. Let it keep its niche.

What 3rd job skill serves almost no purpose, for example: all of wanderers sound damage skills?

Er, a "build" is a character who's stats and skills, even equipment focus on usually a single skill or skill set. No matter which skill you add the buff to, it'll probably become the focus of a set of skills, stats and/or equipment that complement that skill, or complements another skill. And you make compelling arguments for Wanderers and SCs, but (besides SCs being discussed in this thread as well) what do they have to do with RGs?

To answer your question, considering that Overbrand and pinpoint attack are really the only leveling skills used (as far as I know), then all skills that use wrath counters, banding and shields are underused.

BTW, ME is more underused than RD? Seriously? I've seen Priest classes in places like GH using the skill, but have yet to see a single character using *any* of the swordman's reflect skills. I used to see it a little in beta or pservers, (shield reflect) but not in Renewal since I've joined. As a second class, the shield skills take so many points, that you have a hard time getting much else that is effective. And that's the way it should be. Buy RD just isn't worth getting as it stands.

The problem is that the hat, as proposed by Inubashiri and how it is in game now, boosts *no* third class skills. And when asked, people say "You will level using Overbrand." because there's no other viable build. Also, casting level 5 (or higher) heal at +7? What use is heal level 5 to an RG any more? If your getting severely mobbed, healing yourself for 3k is only postponing the inevitable. I'd rather buff the RD skill and be able to counter, and continue to rely on pots or other items for healing. Y'all want to buff GC? I'm okay with that, if that's what you want. Just make that the +7, and RD +9. But IMO, that would make the RG too strong, reflecting damage and using an AoE at the same time. They might actually be able to compete for high-tier MVPs again. Odin forbid...

Edited by belld1711, 30 July 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#70 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

I've seen Priest classes in places like GH using the skill,

AFTER we got a hat that buffed it and made it popular. Meaning Touhou hat project was successful for Bishop.

Reflect damage is used all the time as a tanker skill, for holding mobs in place, and for WoE to reflect back damage. That's like, uh, what its for. It's not a leveling skill necessarily. If we're talking about skills people don't put points into because they are useless, reflect damage isn't it. Its in just about every RG build.

Reflecting + autocast isn't an RG build... any and all classes can do it, and such a build is only viable with iRO's custom gramps TI system, which we really ought to do away with. That is a gear-based build, not something unique to RG's underused skills. If half of RG's skill tree went toward auto-spelling stuff when receiving damage (or at the very least lots of RG-specific equipment meant for reflect leveling), and not in a PVP type way, and nobody put points into that half the tree because it wasn't a viable PVM strategy for anything, then I'd be advocating buffing autospell, but that isn't the case. In fact, kRO doesn't want people reflect leveling, as they went ahead and nerfed reflect leveling into the ground purposely when they found out people were leveling that way (Reflect damage was given a maximum number of procs per cast).

As you said, the skills with rage counters and banding are uncommonly used, those should be the focus at this table, I would think?

Edited by Jaye, 30 July 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#71 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

The main reason why there is a lack of shields from the Crusader/Paladin stage is because of Holy Cross and Spear Quicken getting buffed in Renewal. Those two skills, alone, changed the leveling style to Agi + Two-Handed Spear to one or two shot most mobs in that level range.

Shield-based builds aren't so leveling-friendly, usually heavily dependent on parties as a support unit.

In the RG stage, Banishing Point is the secondary leveling skill for RG. Pinpoint's PvM use is to strike Agi Up'd MvPs every 5 seconds.

Those Banding skills did get attention by the devs to make them more attractive to use. Potent effects, but those still haven't convinced many to take the plunge.

I'd just rather not limit things to 3rd skills only, when there are plenty of 2nd skills to think about with underused/previous builds as well.

#72 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

I know I personally am not opposed to buffing grand cross or rapid smiting (I had an RS pally pre-renewal and loved it...), but the devs might reject anything that buffs a 2nd class skill and not a 3rd, so that has to be considered.

#73 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

AFTER we got a hat that buffed it and made it popular. Meaning Touhou hat project was successful for Bishop.

Reflect damage is used all the time as a tanker skill, for holding mobs in place, and for WoE to reflect back damage. That's like, uh, what its for. It's not a leveling skill necessarily. If we're talking about skills people don't put points into because they are useless, reflect damage isn't it. Its in just about every RG build.

Reflecting + autocast isn't an RG build... any and all classes can do it, and such a build is only viable with iRO's custom gramps TI system, which we really ought to do away with. That is a gear-based build, not something unique to RG's underused skills. If half of RG's skill tree went toward auto-spelling stuff when receiving damage (or at the very least lots of RG-specific equipment meant for reflect leveling), and not in a PVP type way, and nobody put points into that half the tree because it wasn't a viable PVM strategy for anything, then I'd be advocating buffing autospell, but that isn't the case. In fact, kRO doesn't want people reflect leveling, as they went ahead and nerfed reflect leveling into the ground purposely when they found out people were leveling that way (Reflect damage was given a maximum number of procs per cast).

As you said, the skills with rage counters and banding are uncommonly used, those should be the focus at this table, I would think?

Actually, I said I saw a "priest class" leveling off of ME. I'm not sure if it was a priest or high priest. Hell, it could have been an AB. They teleported as soon as the mobs were dead, and the visual effects still flashing, making it hard to see them. (Never mind me in the middle of running around killing stuff myself.) And this was 3-6 months ago, before the event happened. Besides, ME already gets buffs from holy stick+ Exorcism Bible. But like I said, this isn't about ABs.

Alright, as far as Reflect Damage, okay. Let me look up the skills about the rage counters, and see what that's all about. (Yes, I know almost nothing about those skill. But the reason is because I don't know anyone else that mains an RG, and irowiki isn't ver forth coming with that info...) When I'm done, I'll edit this post. Odin knows that buffing Banding skills is going to make the hat all but worthless...

EDIT-Eh, I was hoping to buff an AoE skill. Rage counters are gained with one skill, and are used with another skill. Hell, flip coin and the orbs that monks can summon can work with multiple skills... And as I said, buffing banding skills would render the hat worthless since this game has become more about soloing everything, and partying only in TI and ET/other instances. I guess GC's the only way to go. It just sucks because GC is great as a 1-99 skill, and shouldn't be really used for third class. I just don't like the steep penilties for the AoE skills for this class. (HP damage, EXP costs, needing other RGs in a party...) What ever happened to being able to simply swing a sword in a circle? No, everything's gotta be overly complicated with this class. Personally I think Banding should have been a Ranger skill, and Arrow Storm should require it. I mean, a bunch of arrows raining down only really happens when an army of archers launch volleys of arrows, right? More than one archer? Oh well. Moot point, just ranting.

Anyway, after looking over all the third class skills, I can't come up with anything. I guess buff GC even though it's stated in the OP that the devs wanted to buff third class skills, or at the very least, reduce it's self-inflicted damage.

EDIT#2-Oda, the sprite for this headgear needs fixed as well. It doesn't show when attacking, and is in different locations (such as under the head, or beside the character) when in the "ready" stance.

Edited by belld1711, 30 July 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#74 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:48 PM

Small nitpick, the AB headgear that buffs ME was in a year ago. It was introduced in last year's anniversary event, along with the wanderer, sorc and warlock hats.

For RGs, I support either buffing shield skills like Earth Drive or Cannon spear. Even with the damage increments to the cannon spear so far, it still isn't worth using as it is like an AoE vanishing point that is cumbersome and unwieldy.

Perhaps the cooldown of the skill could be reduced by 1 sec and a slight damage increase?

#75 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

I don't really see anyone using cannon spear much, so it might be worth looking into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users