Why No PVP Server on iRO? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why No PVP Server on iRO?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#26 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

And that would take less work with how shoddily programmed RO is?

more work to take care of 2 servers

#27 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

more work to take care of 2 servers

And yet they opened Yggdrasil even though they already had their hands full with Ymir and Valkyrie back then.

#28 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

Considering PVP rooms don't even get enough people in them, I wouldn't agree on this idea. Having no level restrictions to PVP is just a reason to bully people which pretty much (i think)would end up to a dead server. I think a lot of players already qq'd on enabling pk on guild dungeons. I do wanna see how it would be like but maybe if this game have more population. Having a PVP server would prolly kill the regular server population(approx. 3k including bots and multiclient).

#29 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

And wouldn't that mean another extra hour for maintenance for the new dead server?

#30 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

And wouldn't that mean another extra hour for maintenance for the new dead server?

^that

thats why i rather have a "dual world"

#31 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

I'm curious as to why wanting to play in a pvp environment with other pvp players makes someone a "jerk"

There is a difference between PvP and griefing. Might as well call is JvJ

We have PvP that has no draw backs and it's empty most of the time.

People would play and get tired of getting PK'ed and it would die. Money down the toilet for warpportal.

#32 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'm just saying there's a precedent for WarpPortal to open another server when they're already dealing with existing servers, despite there being no demand for another server.

Considering PVP rooms don't even get enough people in them, I wouldn't agree on this idea. Having no level restrictions to PVP is just a reason to bully people which pretty much (i think)would end up to a dead server. I think a lot of players already qq'd on enabling pk on guild dungeons. I do wanna see how it would be like but maybe if this game have more population. Having a PVP server would prolly kill the regular server population(approx. 3k including bots and multiclient).

It's already been said there's no one in the PVP rooms because it's not advertised. A PVP server would attract PVP players since we've already got 2 servers for PVM players.

People would play and get tired of getting PK'ed and it would die. Money down the toilet for warpportal.

And people aren't already getting tired of getting killed via DBs and BBs?

#33 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

Do you really need to advertise PVP rooms if you are a PVP player? Also, If pk in guild dungeons didn't work out so well then how about a whole server?

#34 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

to make a pvp server youd need to allow transfers from the main servers to the PK server.. that way people can level in peace on the main servers and go fight it out on the PK server when they are maxed... make it a VIP only server and have NPCs sell things like they do on Sakkray... so everybody can just buy OP gears and be on even ground... transfers would only be allowed TO the PK server and NOT FROM it... make only towns be safe zones... have ranking based on how many players killed...

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

The problem with designated pvp rooms is that you need other people to be there in order to go there. Unless someone is going to sit in there doing nothing waiting for another player to show up, a pk environment such as open world pvp or even like GD is much more successful.

At least in open world pvp, players can do other things whilst looking for people to kill.

#36 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

to make a pvp server youd need to allow transfers from the main servers to the PK server.. that way people can level in peace on the main servers and go fight it out on the PK server when they are maxed... make it a VIP only server and have NPCs sell things like they do on Sakkray... so everybody can just buy OP gears and be on even ground... transfers would only be allowed TO the PK server and NOT FROM it... make only towns be safe zones... have ranking based on how many players killed...

Why? Being able to cut off other's ability to farm/gain certain gears/things would be part of the game then. It would be super fun.

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:18 PM

Do you really need to advertise PVP rooms if you are a PVP player? Also, If pk in guild dungeons didn't work out so well then how about a whole server?

Uh yes, considering we don't have a duel system like every other MMORPG out there.

I don't agree with PK being disabled in guild dungeons. You're in enemy territory, you're supposed to be at risk of getting killed by others.

Nu, don't make it VIP only. We need bots to kill on there. :U

#38 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

I always wanted to try that nightmare mode.

#39 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Well I want to see how the Slayer System works and that's only available on PVP servers.

we can try to ask oda to put it on our pvp... (idk if is possible but...)

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

we can try to ask oda to put it on our pvp... (idk if is possible but...)

But the system is designed for PVP servers, not PVP rooms...

#41 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

But the system is designed for PVP servers, not PVP rooms...

change it to pvp rooms '-'

do something e.e

for me pvp is better than woe

3class woe is stupid :heh:

#42 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Uh yes, considering we don't have a duel system like every other MMORPG out there.

I don't agree with PK being disabled in guild dungeons. You're in enemy territory, you're supposed to be at risk of getting killed by others.

As much as I want to see this happen as well as I want to kill bots i still don't think it would work.

If you are a PVP player you should automatically be in PVP rooms. No need to advertise.

#43 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

As much as I want to see this happen as well as I want to kill bots i still don't think it would work.

If you are a PVP player you should automatically be in PVP rooms. No need to advertise.

And how would PVP players who are new to RO going to know about the rooms when they first start out? People have to find them and tell them. Not a lot will go around asking if RO has PVP, they're going to assume the game would tell them.

And then when people do tell them and they try it out, they're going to realize how much it sucks and leave. (You can't deny PVP rooms with their restricted area of PVP is all that great.)

All of this "I don't think it'll work" is just conjecture until we actually try it out for ourselves. If it fails, then fine. But if it succeeds, then what?

We're not getting updates on our server and maintenance can extend past its stated time with existing servers anyhow so why not try out a PVP server to draw new people in at the very least?

#44 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

ok well make it so you can buy MVP cards and god items via the PK server cash shop... that way they get money and people can still kill bots... disable teleports from kafra so people have to walk... disable cards like GTB and Maya P...

#45 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Unfortunately I'm going to have to agree that it probably wouldn't work. It's too much of a financial gamble for gravity. It probably costs more than you think to set up and run another server. It's not like gravity is loaded with money. They also don't have the manpower to properly run another server. They barely have the manpower to maintain what they currently have.

#46 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

And how would PVP players who are new to RO going to know about the rooms when they first start out? People have to find them and tell them. Not a lot will go around asking if RO has PVP, they're going to assume the game would tell them.

Talking about renewal, you won't expect a first, second or trans class player to start right away with PvP. By the time a player changes job to 3rd class on his first character, he would probably have spent a lot of time playing this game and that should be enough for a player to realise that there is a PvP system in game. Moreover, now that there are 3 WoEs happening per week on renewal, it will definitely give an idea to any player who is interested in PvP that it does exist.

#47 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

ok well make it so you can buy MVP cards and god items via the PK server cash shop... that way they get money and people can still kill bots... disable teleports from kafra so people have to walk... disable cards like GTB and Maya P...

no please.

i still want a pvp rank system with prizes changing every month !

Month 1 :

1 rank : +9 CEB

2 Rank : +9 bellum weapon

3 Rank : +9 WoE Set Piece

4 Rank : A Random Costume (new or old) and safes +7

5 Rank : safes +7

Month 2

1 Rank : +9 COD

2 Rank : X number of eden merit badge

3 Rank :  Random Costume (new or old) + HD Bradium

4 Rank : Safes +7 + Battle manual x3

5 Rank : Battle Manual x3

Month 3

1 Rank : +10 CEB OR +12 WoE set (player choice)

2 Rank : +9 random woe set

3 Rank : HD Bradium or HD Carnium

4 Rank : 2 Headgear from kafra shop month box. 

5 Rank : 1 Kafra shop box.

#48 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

^counting chickens before they hatch? :P

I am not against the idea of a new PvP server, but the current servers have tons of issues to deal with every week. A new server would give rise to new issues. It also means more delayed ticket systems, and like I mentioned, another hour for maintenance. It's too much hassle.

#49 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

Perhaps some better promotion of the PvP rooms should happen.

#50 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

^counting chickens before they hatch? :P

I am not against the idea of a new PvP server, but the current servers have tons of issues to deal with every week. A new server would give rise to new issues. It also means more delayed ticket systems, and like I mentioned, another hour for maintenance. It's too much hassle.

just a example ¬¬

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users