Coming Gem Update, come check it out! - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Coming Gem Update, come check it out!

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#51 DarkSideOfMoon

DarkSideOfMoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

Spoiler

Exciting News!

For the Gem part I would like to know, what is the role of Artisans in conjunction with the changes?
Since you mention, that Grades are ditched. Will the Artisans Gem Cutting Skill be changed in order to allow crafting of the new "Gem Strength" and "Gem Cuts"? Is this even ment to be part of Artisan roles? Or do Artisans stick to craft the "old fashined way" and they won't participate in your new Gem concepts?

What about Gem boxes from Ghosts and Dungeons? will they still be dropping or will this concept also be ditched?

Edited by Leonis, 08 September 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#52 Bartik

Bartik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMięsny jeż
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:41 PM

In my opinion, this is another update which bring more mess to the current game system. Maybe it's good for harcore players, but not for people who still get confused with the current "new" stat and skill system. In fact, all your "big" updates comes down to change the numbers and little twitches, which should be done on the spot. What you really done through all these years? When we will see another map or finished Orlo? When you merge the servers? When you finally fix GA balance?
Maybe new trading system with offline shops, or at least possibility to save sell list? Player owned treehouses with customization and social options?

#53 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:10 AM

Like said before, you can't build something good on a shoddy base. The last years worth of updates are orientated towards providing that solid base for expansions like maps, GA balance dungeons etc that you're requesting :)

#54 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:50 AM

In my opinion, this is another update which bring more mess to the current game system. Maybe it's good for harcore players, but not for people who still get confused with the current "new" stat and skill system. In fact, all your "big" updates comes down to change the numbers and little twitches, which should be done on the spot. What you really done through all these years? When we will see another map or finished Orlo? When you merge the servers? When you finally fix GA balance?
Maybe new trading system with offline shops, or at least possibility to save sell list? Player owned treehouses with customization and social options?

Maybe start another topic for this?

#55 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:51 AM

agree, the DEV only knows how to messed up people's build and gears. they are not capable of making something new and steady or we can stay stay on trac.. imagine those rerolls spent on charms gears . say bye bye . i bet bunch of players are pissed ..... why can't you DEVS make up your mind about class build and stop messing the game. we can never have a steady game grrrrrrr . always change change and change ... 

#56 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

we can never have a steady game grrrrrrr . always change change and change ...

This is pretty much the definition of active development.

Edited by SlowBob, 07 September 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#57 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:10 AM

And bob beat me to it .

#58 Bartik

Bartik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMięsny jeż

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:09 AM

TrySufferin: I don't know that you're making fun of that or not, all these proposals already appeared dozen of times, but DEVS simply ignored them like always.

Feuer: I know this can take long time, but I'm talking about years, not months...
People can build real houses in few months. Nobody spends that much time on developnent, movies production or building real houses! :)
Things they are trying to fix trough these years, are basic mechanics that should be implemented after beta release.

Besides it's crazy idea to pay money for reset books and click thousand of times just to see how new build work, and buy reset again.. click thousands of times again.. and again...
It should work in different way. Everytime after reset should be 24 hour time trial for test our build, and MINUS button for decreasing stat would be great!

It's simple, useful and great for everyone. But I bet that they will not even consider this, because it's useful for players, not for make them more money.

Edited by Zurn, 07 September 2014 - 04:55 AM.

#59 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:49 AM

I'm going to save this quote Maldini, that's your hint. 

So? i will be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I think i do have a point here.. after waiting for more than 2 years.

#60 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:35 AM

wat is the purpose of removing the stat when putting a gem? i think its better to have a stat with a gem. . i hate removing my sf 50 40 stat. . or my cleric 30/8 stat(all gear) this update is useless if u have full stat gear. . . explain more on enchantment scroll plz. GEM VS STAT?

Edited by joelhouse09, 07 September 2014 - 04:37 AM.

#61 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

Maldini: I've been waiting six years, just be a tiny bit more patient.

Bartik: when was the last time you saw a multi hundred thousand dollar house, or multi million dollar game be constructed by 3 people in a few months. Yes, there are instances where it is do e in a few months, but never to a high quality with 1/10th the normal staff or crew :)

#62 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

item mall gem? rare gem(legendary boss drop) hunting gem is useless since u can buy in IM... its like putting sf weapon in IM..

#63 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

joel, you dont get them from item mall, whered you see that? 

#64 Bartik

Bartik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMięsny jeż

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:17 AM

Rose develeopment "team" are 3 people?

Edited by Bartik, 07 September 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#65 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

Rose develeopment "team" count 3 people?

yeap, 3 pretty amazing isn't it ? :D and I dont mean it in a sarcastic tone. 

#66 Bartik

Bartik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationMięsny jeż

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

I see the problem now. I'm sorry but these new features which I wrote above.. are out of reach due to 3 person team. If they won't hire more people or if someone won't help them for free (I belive that here is few persons who can help in game develeopment), we never see new features.

Edited by Bartik, 07 September 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#67 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

agree, the DEV only knows how to messed up people's build and gears. they are not capable of making something new and steady or we can stay stay on trac.. imagine those rerolls spent on charms gears . say bye bye . i bet bunch of players are pissed ..... why can't you DEVS make up your mind about class build and stop messing the game. we can never have a steady game grrrrrrr . always change change and change ... 

Not sure what you're referring to but I certainly didn't see anything in this update that will cause me to change my cleric's max charm gear.  Nothing has changed regarding charm as the stat that increases buff strength. Nothing that is currently gemmed in the game will be changed unless you choose to change it on your own character. I suppose there could be some cases where you would want to use an enchantment scroll to move your extra 30cha stat to an item with more defense if you are a solo cleric but that's not the case with my fs cleric since she never fights.

This change will be great for my raider and my friend's champ because there are some nice options of gems for gear that has not been slotted before. Since you do not lose anything you already have gemmed, these new gems will only be a plus. The hard part will be deciding which of the many types we will want on our masks, gloves, etc, .. and getting the gems themselves ofc but that's part of the fun of a game. 

The only thing I see that could be slightly unfair is in the case of two handed weps because classes that use them will not be able to slot an offhand like other job classes can. The gems that can be put into an offhand aren't super over powered but it could make a diff in pvp if your opponent has a gemmed offhand item and you can't use one.

I still have a lot of questions regarding some details of this update but I'm sure those will all be answered within the next few days. I think this update will bring some interesting changes to people's builds because of the many possibilities of different stats on items that could never be gemmed before. No one loses in this update- everyone has the chance to gain if they choose to farm for and use some of the new gems. 

#68 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

joel, you dont get them from item mall, whered you see that?

4.We're making it easier to place gems in to
equipment that already have a slot.
-You will be able to easily place new gems
over old ones.
-Doing this, will automatically destroy the
existing gem in the item.
-There is one exception, which is if the gem
is an Item Mall gem/stone, the Item Mall
gem/stone will pop-out in to your
inventory.
gem location: honor, valor, game arena, kings and ITEM MALL.

how much is empty enchantment scroll in IM??if this scroll can be bought cheap in im.. price of rerolled item(charm gear ect.) will decrease. for example if u have lep. gloves with 30cha, u can use enchantment scroll to copy 30charm and transfer to moldie tube, servant boots to yellow rubber boots. . . they want all expensive item become cheap i think. epic, lvl 160 acc., superfighter, feldora, mana goggle nxt is charm gear and then flow back pack, go cash, faith item(account bound) . . so disappointment for superfighter headgear and mana goggles...

Edited by Zurn, 07 September 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#69 Rocanlover

Rocanlover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

Exciting News!

For the Gem part I would like to know, what is the role of Artisans in conjunction with the changes?

Since you mention, that Grades are ditched. Will the Artisans Gem Cutting Skill be changed in order to allow crafting of the new "Gem Strength" and "Gem Cuts"? Is this even ment to be part of Artisan roles? Or do Artisans stick to craft the "old fashined way" and they won't participate in your new Gem concepts?

What about Gem boxes from Ghosts and Dungeons? will they still be dropping or will this concept also be ditched?

UP!This is the post i have been looking for. Answer these questions please. I feel that this is important as the others, if not more. We are talking about a class here... Or will the developers start to use NPC's? Find the rare mats to fuse these new Type of Gems.With low Success? Like Aura Kingdom/ Eden Eternal.

#70 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

They're referring to the enchanted stones bud, not the new gems. x)

#71 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

ah k.

#72 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

I see the problem now. I'm sorry but these new features which I wrote above.. are out of reach due to 3 person team. If they won't hire more people or if someone won't help them for free (I belive that here is few persons who can help in game develeopment), we never see new features.

There actually are a few players which give input to the GMs, and do what they can to help, all for free.

#73 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

As I am understanding this new system, gems currently in the game can continue to be used as they currently are (in body armor, weps and accessories). The new gems can be put into various places that were not slotted before but only based on their cut, which indicates which item the gems can be put into. So if a gem already exists in the game (like jade for example), the only jade gems that can be put into shoes and back pcs are the ones with the cut of round or asscher. How those existing gems will get these new cuts is still a question that needs an answer. 

Another question I have is in regards to where gems will come from.  It's pretty clear that the new gems will drop from kings and in the game arena, but I'm talking about the existing gems. There are 20 different gems in the game atm, and 14 of those will be in either the valor or honor shops. So what about the other 6 (ruby, garnet, topaz, sapphire, emerald and beryl)? If they will only be available from crafting, will jewel boxes of any grade still be dropping or is the idea to have those crafted solely from crystals? 

Final question (for now lol) is the new gem grades. Based on the list in the first post, there will be nine classifications of gems. Will these new classifications affect existing gems at all or are they just for the new ones and how will we get the higher grades of the new gems?

#74 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

i just read one of honeybunz post in this topic, i tought i would laught lots cause now might be more easy to be +65 buffs in clerics, but i was wrong xD, clerics who are already +65 might dont need a big change (only if they change the berly stats), i just wana this update come fast soo i can rlly understand how it works ......

#75 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

yeap, 3 pretty amazing isn't it ? :D and I dont mean it in a sarcastic tone.

iuh, no wonder this game is going no where,,, i see now why they can only change things that is already there instead of creating something new,,, dang , they are too greedy .. They shoukd have hired a grouo of people to develop the game , instead, they just take the money and split it into 3 people grrr....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users