Coming Gem Update, come check it out! - Page 5 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Coming Gem Update, come check it out!

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#101 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

FizzMo,

You bring up mechanics and bugs, but don't mention any, aside from visual issues of some objects colliding in to the floor. If this is your opinion of priority issues for ROSE, then I for one am happy with what you're complaining about because those are completely aesthetic and opinionated.

However, if you are not going to take the time to read the details of the update, I am not going to be able to take your feedback seriously. Your comment makes it pretty apparent to me that you either did not read the notes at all, or did not understood them because the example you've given is not possible. You will not be able to put a Peridot in to every slot.

Will those new gems be available from opening Jewel Chests?

Good question! These new gems are intended to be from kings only, so they will not be included to the Jewel Chests you can find from ghosts.

It's not about content. It's about the equality in the level of effort and the certainty of reward. Yes, Kings drop gems. They drop a lot of desirables, even though most of them have taken a backseat in value nowadays. But can you say that a PvM player will get the Gem he / she wants in the same time it takes a PvP player to earn enough points to get the Gem he wants? And we're not even talking about the value of either Gem yet...

Values of gems are created within the community, not us. You may favor one stat over another, but that's not for us to decide or dictate, as ROSE evolves, one stat may change in power or desirability than another, simple because of something new being introduced. While it is out goal that everything has a value and point of desire, its our job to make them so, not to dictate how valuable it is to you or another's build.

I mean, why even split the Gem types among the shops? Can't each shop have the same roster of Gems, the difference being that either shop only takes one kind of currency? I don't have any special suggestion for the PvP part of the Game Arena yet, except for offering gem rewards for maybe destroying the last egg / crystal.

Why is to split where the gems can be obtained. The rate of points to be accumulated are different from both aspects of game play. Unless we take the time to figure a way of unifying the currency between PvP and PvM game play aspects, this is unlikely to change.

Ditto for Pegasus testing. So what's the difference about opening the server to your shortlist and opening the server to everyone? Will you not get the same results either way? What could you expect to gain further by limiting access? What is it that you expect to lose if you don't? If your shortlisters are truly contributive, would they still not deliver the same amount of feedback with their efforts regardless of what others are doing around them?

No, we will not get the same results either way, because there are players who take entertainment in hindering the testing process, and some who simply come with the intention of being disruptive, or complain without actually giving it a chance. Coming in to a testing environment with either a destructive or negative attitude doesn't help test or find solutions if there are problems and bring the small development team we are, we can't afford to spend the time catering to those who merely wish to troll.

May I make a suggestion in your collective decision making? The Israelites have this doctrine in advancement, called Ipha mistabra. One way of interpreting it is that in problem solving, someone needs to assert the principle that even the most logical of norms, notions and theorems are flawed, and that he / she should act in a way that they are indeed flawed and pursue an alternative path to delivering the ultimate solution to the problem.

I believe Western theorists call this the "Prove Yourself Wrong" rule. If you genuinely can't seem to find any proof that you are wrong, then you are probably right.

If you want to offer what you see as being flawed with this update, feel free to offer it, but so far you're just creating arguments to create arguments from your own viewpoint.

Just to make sure, so the new enchantment scroll only extracts the apprasial substat and not the blue bolded stats right?

Correct!

That means only a view Gems will remain unique for Artisans to craft, since many original gems are now easily obtained from valor and honor Shops. Is this final?

All of the gems Artisans craft remain unique to the Gem Crafting. I'm not sure you understand the notes if that is what you're taking away from it. The majority of new gems are going in to the new slots that will become available. While there are some gems that can go in to the current locations, they are not so widely usable as you seem to think. There is still going to be a demand for the existing gems for what they can offer to player builds.

Also it seems that the new gems strength/grade cannot be increased by players. We get what we obtain from shops or drops and stick with it until we buy or find a better option. Then ditch the old gem and replace it with a better version. Do I understand it correct?

Because they are not crafted, there is no "grade" to increase. You don't have to "ditch" the old gem, you could remove it and pass it along to another character or sell/vend it. But that is up to you. So, you understand one aspect of choice to what you can do with the gems, but it is not the only one.

#102 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

FizzMo,

You bring up mechanics and bugs, but don't mention any, aside from visual issues of some objects colliding in to the floor. If this is your opinion of priority issues for ROSE, then I for one am happy with what you're complaining about because those are completely aesthetic and opinionated.

However, if you are not going to take the time to read the details of the update, I am not going to be able to take your feedback seriously. Your comment makes it pretty apparent to me that you either did not read the notes at all, or did not understood them because the example you've given is not possible. You will not be able to put a Peridot in to every slot.

I did misread that function but that still doesn't subdue my whole feedback. I am personally stumped at the moment with rose and finding myself with nothing to do after logging in. All there really seems to be is Crystal defenders, dungeons and pvp.

Crystal defenders is only able to be played sometimes due to lack of clerics and quite often find it hard to catch a game because lack of people trying to join.

Dungeons are okay, but they are just the same thing over and over I get bored of them easily as the drops are easily obtained after a short while or can buy for a cheap price from player shops.

Pvp is very much "Average" now for me as my main class (bow scout) was nerfed below the strengths of other classes such as champs for example.

What I want to point out here is that there's not enough content to keep the game interesting after you cap 230 and get geared that's why I am asking "Why are you adding updates like this when the game is in desperate need of more activity based content?" for example maybe bigger and better dungeons with low drop rates for rare "Ancient" weapons? that don't only take 5 people to complete but maybe a full group of 10-20 people that have to work together to actually complete the dungeon??

I've been playing rose since the beginning and I can honestly say my favourite update was orlo, it had new content more quests for me to do, It kept me entertained for a good while, Why not add more things like that?

I am not hating on your update I am just woundering why you choose to add these kinds of updates rather than further the storyline content of the game.

Edited by FizzMo, 08 September 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#103 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

I did misread that function but that still doesn't subdue my whole feedback. I am personally stumped at the moment with rose and finding myself with nothing to do after logging in. All there really seems to be is Crystal defenders, dungeons and pvp.

So, when you say there's nothing to do, you really mean, there's 3 major game features that you can participate in.

Crystal defenders is only able to be played sometimes due to lack of clerics and quite often find it hard to catch a game because lack of people trying to join.

I got a report that there were almost a dozen Akram Arena games to run this weekend and it was quite fun. Were you part of it?

Dungeons are okay, but they are just the same thing over and over I get bored of them easily as the drops are easily obtained after a short while or can buy for a cheap price from player shops.

Expanding on what you can find within the dungeons is part of adding repeat value to returning to them.

Pvp is very much "Average" now for me as my main class (bow scout) was nerfed below the strengths of other classes such as champs for example.

Scouts weren't nerfed, but they haven't been given the full treatment we wanted to give them. We still have Scouts noted to be given some attention when we're able to return to some class balances, but we have some other features to implement first in order to be able to do so.

What I want to point out here is that there's not enough content to keep the game interesting after you cap 230 and get geared that's why I am asking "Why are you adding updates like this when the game is in desperate need of more activity based content?" for example maybe bigger and better dungeons with low drop rates for rare "Ancient" weapons? that don't only take 5 people to complete but maybe a full group of 10-20 people that have to work together to actually complete the dungeon??

This gem update is what you're asking for, though it may not be exactly what you're asking for, which is why you're not pleased with it, but it gives more to the idea of gearing out your character for the long run and long term players. Adding additional dungeons with current available item type rewards would quickly fall out and become stale. Not only that, but the gem table was actually at its limit, so we were unable to even add more gems before this update, which was another vital point and step to creating a grander foundation for ROSE's future.

I've been playing rose since the beginning and I can honestly say my favourite update was orlo, it had new content more quests for me to do, It kept me entertained for a good while, Why not add more things like that?

As I mentioned above, because there wasn't a whole lot we were able to really offer or provide in the means of interesting rewards or items to want to obtain because most were already at a level where going stronger was dangerous and breached in to an issue of overpowering for where we've left off on gear.

I am not hating on your update I am just woundering why you choose to add these kinds of updates rather than further the storyline content of the game.

I think at this point, I'm repeating myself with the answer. There is more going on here with the steps we've taken to expand ROSE's content capability than you may realize, that will have an impact on content in the future. Showing the full road map can be daunting, not to mention confusing, when the road is also still being built as well. Best I can ask at this point is to trust that we're working towards those quest filled maps. Because we've learned through past updates, it isn't the size of the map, but how you use it.

*tips hat* Ladies. :hinthint: :heh:

#104 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

so servant boots with 30charmSUBSTAT can be transfer to
yellow rubber boot by using enchantment scroll? wat
do mean by same group grade? im-im. event-event.
unique-unique? item mall mask with 30charmSUBSTAT can be
transfer to yellow rubber boot? lep boots with 30chaSUBSTAT can be transfer to heart frame glass? how much is
enchantment scroll? reinforce200 SUBstat can be transfer
to exalt armor210? u cant transfer grade 3 stat to grade 1. how about grade 1 SUBstat to grade 8? for example i have grade 1 armor with 25 50 SUBstat, by the use of enchantment scroll can be transfer to reinforce grade 8?

Edited by joelhouse09, 08 September 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#105 xultrax

xultrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Draconis.

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:27 PM

so servant boots with 30charm can be transfer to
yellow rubber boot by using enchantment scroll? wat
do mean by same group grade? im-im. event-event.
unique-unique? item mall mask with 30charm can be
transfer to yellow rubber boot? lep boots with 30cha can be transfer to heart frame glass? how much is
enchantment scroll? reinforce200 stat can be transfer
to exalt armor210?

Its only Substats.... The small blue ones

ITEM NAME

bla bla

[STAT]

[substat]---> This one 

Edited by xultrax, 08 September 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#106 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

Its only Substats.... The small blue ones

ITEM NAME
bla bla
[STAT]
[substat]---> This one

i know

#107 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

To be honest this update looks better than I expected it to turn out.  A couple questions though.

What determines the 'grade' of the new gems? Will high level bosses drop the highest grade of gems? 

Will 2 lower grade gems be used to create a higher grade gem?

Will the current gems  be effected in any way? For example, will they all be able to be placed in the current gem slots after this?

#108 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

If you know then whyd ask. 

#109 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

To be honest this update looks better than I expected it to turn out.  A couple questions though.

What determines the 'grade' of the new gems? Will high level bosses drop the highest grade of gems? 

Will the current gems  be effected in any way? For example, will they all be able to be placed in the current gem slots after this?

This and also I am assuming there will be 9 different grades of gems. So with the current existing gems, they will also be bumped to 9 grades? And if so, the current Gem 7s, will they have to be recrafted into the max grade gem from 7s? Just wondering :x

I am loving how this update is turning out and can't wait!

Edited by Leeny, 08 September 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#110 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

joelhouse09, your question has been answered several times over now. Please take the time to read through the responses thoroughly to find your answer.

Generally the level of the king will denote the strength of gem that it may drop.

We do not currently have any form of combining or crafting intended for this stage of the gem expandability.

This has been also answered several times at this point.

We are not taking away anything from how the current gems or gem system works, to your benefit.

This and also I am assuming there will be 9 different grades of gems. So with the current existing gems, they will also be bumped to 9 grades? And if so, the current Gem 7s, will they have to be recrafted into the max grade gem from 7s? Just wondering :x

I am loving how this update is turning out and can't wait!
We aren't changing anything to the existing gems, with the three exceptions mentioned to the Sunstone, Star Agate and Star Quartz, being able to be put in to an additional new slot. We are not increasing the gem grades over 7, that can be crafted.

#111 Try2KiIlMe

Try2KiIlMe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

enchantment scroll is IM? I'm sure but I'm just curious lol

#112 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

joelhouse09, your question has been answered several times over now. Please take the time to read through the responses thoroughly to find your answer.

Generally the level of the king will denote the strength of gem that it may drop.

We do not currently have any form of combining or crafting intended for this stage of the gem expandability.

This has been also answered several times at this point.

We are not taking away anything from how the current gems or gem system works, to your benefit.

We aren't changing anything to the existing gems, with the three exceptions mentioned to the Sunstone, Star Agate and Star Quartz, being able to be put in to an additional new slot. We are not increasing the gem grades over 7, that can be crafted.

Thank you Leonis! My question has been answered :)! I now know exactly what i wanted to know and expect this to be a wonderful addition to rose!!

#113 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

enchantment scroll is IM? I'm sure but I'm just curious lol

According to what Leo posted, it will be in the Valor Shop and in the IM. No prices have been announced yet

#114 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

Values of gems are created within the community, not us. You may favor one stat over another, but that's not for us to decide or dictate, as ROSE evolves, one stat may change in power or desirability than another, simple because of something new being introduced. While it is out goal that everything has a value and point of desire, its our job to make them so, not to dictate how valuable it is to you or another's build.

Economic value was another argument that was not even qualified yet. I talked about level of effort and certainty of reward.

Why is to split where the gems can be obtained. The rate of points to be accumulated are different from both aspects of game play. Unless we take the time to figure a way of unifying the currency between PvP and PvM game play aspects, this is unlikely to change.

I'm not against spreading the Gems around. But a player can simply take a Gem out of the Honor / Valor shop for which an Artisan will have to farm, purchase, craft and again put into the market.

PvM and PvP are different. A Boss is at least governed by rules in a way that it can't be more powerful than the developers want it to be. A player on the other hand will do as much as he humanly can to ensure that the opponent goes down first than he / she. If it involves a little deception or even a little unorthodox craftiness on his / her part, he / she probably will take that extra mile just to last one second longer in a fight.

Bottom line is, a PvP player will enjoy PvP. And a PvM player will enjoy PvM. If the Gems were same on both shops, both could put the level of effort required for their preferred gameplay to get the Gem they need. Both require teamwork, and both take their own amount of energy for each participation. But at least a PvP or a PvM player won't have to double their efforts to get the Gem they want from the other shop.

No, we will not get the same results either way, because there are players who take entertainment in hindering the testing process, and some who simply come with the intention of being disruptive, or complain without actually giving it a chance. Coming in to a testing environment with either a destructive or negative attitude doesn't help test or find solutions if there are problems and bring the small development team we are, we can't afford to spend the time catering to those who merely wish to troll.

So time is what you expect to lose. I don't see how testers can be disruptive in such a way that hampers the ability of your shortlisters to deliver the feedback you're expecting. Do you mean that these testers can technically destroy the functional aspect of the testing environment?

If you want to offer what you see as being flawed with this update, feel free to offer it, but so far you're just creating arguments to create arguments from your own viewpoint.

I just did. You called them arguments to create arguments. Advice offered, got spat in face.

In the end, you will do as you please, whether it makes sense to everyone or not. So I don't think there's need for you to justify everything I just pointed out anymore. Proceed as you wish, I will say nothing more about this update.

#115 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:23 PM

Spoiler

Thanks for the detailed answers Leo, I have a few more I need to know ( Pardon me, I am one of the few people that others will come to for answers so I need to get as much info as I can to attend to their questions ) . 

1) After re-reading what you said and If I understood correctly, does this mean that the current gem types will continue to exist after this update ? So the new gems will only add on to the existing list of gems available right now right ?

2) Peridot can soon be bought from Honor Shop as well as still being crafted by Artisans. If I keep one Peridot 7 now in my inventory, can I slot this same Peridot 7 to Baguette (Arms) after the update? Or only the new Peridots like Shimmering,Sparklings and so on can be used on these Arms, Shoes, Backshields, Offhands, etc ? Because in the list you provided in the first post, It only mentioned Peridot but did not refer to the new or old ones. 

3) I noticed in your first post that you used "Shimmering Zircon Triliant" as example in the "Gem Strength" section. So there will be 2 types of Zircon ? One with the tier 1-7 and another which is obtainable from valor/honor shops / kings/ etc which bears the new tiering categories? But these new ones should have the same stats as the existing ones right ? The only difference in them is this new Zircon, as mentioned in your example "Trilliant" can be equiped in "Offhands" while the original one cannot right ?

4) You also mentioned "
We have chosen to ditch the "grade" (ie: [1], [2], [3], etc. ) for the new gems and use a descriptive name to help recognize how strong a gem's stats may hold". So, can we assume that a Sparkling Zircon grade gem have the same strength as a Zircon grade [2] gem ? But we saw there are 9 tiers now as to the previous 7 tiers, can you explain more on this?

5) Since you have mentioned many times that the current gem system will stay and nothing will change for them, I wish to double confirm that collecting jewel boxes after the update will still produce normal tier 1-5 gems ( depending on what box u collect ) and these baby gems can still be used to craft the ultimate Gem [7] ? 

6) What grades will the honor and valor shops be selling ? All from 1-7 ( old tiers ) or just [7] ? Or maybe only the new ones ? Elaborate on the shop's product please if you may. 

7) On behalf of many people whom I believe shares the same sentiment, I wish to advocate for the Free Resets be available for 24 hours. I understand your reasons for not providing them but let me offer you a different point of view.  

Although this update wont directly force anyone to change their stats but given the nature of this update, it will bring about a whole new level of pvp/pvm experience to everyone. It is safe to assume that many will have to change their stats in order to fully take advantage of these new gem's effect and status. Before this gems were available, we used stats and passives to achieve a certain result we want, but with these new darlings here now, players can now utilize these gems effect and adjust their current stats to achieve more varieties. You mentioned "
this is an update that is adding content to explore" , so won't you agree that giving the resets will further promote this exploration ? 

While we are not forced to change, but this update will create an environment where we have to change eventually or get left behind. It is the same as masterminding an act but not performing the act yourself :hinthint: 

Thats all from me for the moment. Look forward to answers <3  :p_smile:

Edited by Valakas, 08 September 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#116 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

So I can take the stats off one gear to another?
Not just any or all stats, only the stats that come from being appraised or are attached on to the equipment as a bonus. Natural stats are tied to that piece of equipment and cannot be removed.

so the stats you can take are the dark blue stats on gear and the light blue stats? or both? 

like legendary orlean has a bold stat of +20 int.. u can extract that?

or you can only extract the light blue stats like 25/50, 60/40 etc..?

*edit:just read that only appraisal stats can be extracted~ (was too lazy to read previous posts)

so if only appraisal stats can be extracted (light blue ones) whats the purpose of having restrictions? since you can get same appraisal stats for every equipment.. they don't vary anyway

talking about this:

•  You will not be able to put the stats on to an Item Mall, Brave, Honor or other named grade gear.
  • If you remove the Appraisal Stats (Blue Stats) from an Unique item, you may only place a new stat on to a Unique item. You will not be able to place it on to a grade 1~9, or any other named group.

Edited by kwayan19, 08 September 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#117 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

1) After re-reading what you said and If I understood correctly, does this mean that the current gem types will continue to exist after this update ? So the new gems will only add on to the existing list of gems available right now right ?

Yes, the gems that currently exist in game will retain their name, stats, grade suffix, number of gem grades, equipment slot restrictions, and ability to be crafted. For these gems, nothing is removed, and nothing is added.

2) Peridot can soon be bought from Honor Shop as well as still being crafted by Artisans. If I keep one Peridot 7 now in my inventory, can I slot this same Peridot 7 to Baguette (Arms) after the update? Or only the new Peridots like Shimmering,Sparklings and so on can be used on these Arms, Shoes, Backshields, Offhands, etc ? Because in the list you provided in the first post, It only mentioned Peridot but did not refer to the new or old ones.

To use Peridot as an example:

Current Gems:
Peridot [1] - Crafted, No Level Requirement, Slots into Body, Weapon, Necklace, Earring, Ring.
Peridot [2] - Crafted, No Level Requirement, Slots into Body, Weapon, Necklace, Earring, Ring.
Peridot [3] - Crafted, No Level Requirement, Slots into Body, Weapon, Necklace, Earring, Ring.
Peridot [4] - Crafted, No Level Requirement, Slots into Body, Weapon, Necklace, Earring, Ring.
Peridot [5] - Crafted, No Level Requirement, Slots into Body, Weapon, Necklace, Earring, Ring.
Peridot [6] - Crafted, No Level Requirement, Slots into Body, Weapon, Necklace, Earring, Ring.
Peridot [7] - Crafted, No Level Requirement, Slots into Body, Weapon, Necklace, Earring, Ring.

New Gems:
Scintillating Peridot Baguette - Honor Store, Requires Level 100, Slots into Arms.
Captivating Peridot Baguette - Honor Store, Requires Level 140, Slots into Arms.
Stunning Peridot Baguette - Honor Store, Requires Level 180, Slots into Arms.
Bewildering Peridot Baguette - Honor Store, Requires Level 220, Slots into Arms.

With the exception of a couple of lesser used stat types, the majority of new gems will not overlap their slot requirement with the existing gems.

If your intention was to gem everything with the best Peridot gems available after the update, you will need to use Peridot [7]'s in your Body, Weapon, Necklace, Earring and Ring, and use a Bewildering Peridot Baguette in your Arms.

3) I noticed in your first post that you used "Shimmering Zircon Triliant" as example in the "Gem Strength" section. So there will be 2 types of Zircon ? One with the tier 1-7 and another which is obtainable from valor/honor shops / kings/ etc which bears the new tiering categories? But these new ones should have the same stats as the existing ones right ? The only difference in them is this new Zircon, as mentioned in your example "Trilliant" can be equiped in "Offhands" while the original one cannot right ?

Similarly to #2 above, the current Zircon gems will continue to be available through crafting, and the new Zircon gems (which have Asscher and Trilliant cuts) will be available through the Valor shop.

4) You also mentioned "We have chosen to ditch the "grade" (ie: [1], [2], [3], etc. ) for the new gems and use a descriptive name to help recognize how strong a gem's stats may hold". So, can we assume that a Sparkling Zircon grade gem have the same strength as a Zircon grade [2] gem ? But we saw there are 9 tiers now as to the previous 7 tiers, can you explain more on this?

The current and new gems operate on different scales. There are 7 grades to the existing Zircon gems, and 4 tiers to the new Zircon gems. In other words, the old and new gems do not match 1:1 in terms of power or scale.

5) Since you have mentioned many times that the current gem system will stay and nothing will change for them, I wish to double confirm that collecting jewel boxes after the update will still produce normal tier 1-5 gems ( depending on what box u collect ) and these baby gems can still be used to craft the ultimate Gem [7] ?

Yes, Jewel Chests will continue to operate as they do currently. There will be no new gems added the Jewel Chest, and no existing gems removed from the Jewel Chest after the update.

6) What grades will the honor and valor shops be selling ? All from 1-7 ( old tiers ) or just [7] ? Or maybe only the new ones ? Elaborate on the shop's product please if you may.

No grades! See answer to #2 for an example of tier names.

7) On behalf of many people whom I believe shares the same sentiment, I wish to advocate for the Free Resets be available for 24 hours. I understand your reasons for not providing them but let me offer you a different point of view.

As previously answered, you are not required to change your build after the update, it will be your choice. Many will be adding to their existing builds, rather than redesigning from scratch. Because of this, free resets will not be provided.

so the stats you can take are the dark blue stats on gear and the light blue stats? or both?

Only Appraisal stats can be moved between equipment using the Enchantment Scroll. These are the light blue stats that you can obtain randomly from crafting/re-rolling/monster drops.

so if only appraisal stats can be extracted (light blue ones) whats the purpose of having restrictions? since you can get same appraisal stats for every equipment.. they don't vary anyway

The grade restrictions on the Enchantment Scroll prevent a couple of major cases:
- Moving high tier appraisal stats from high level equipment to low level equipment (e.g. moving your awesome Attack Power +9001 stat from your level 200 equipment, to your level 10 equipment).
- Moving appraisal stats to equipment that aren't intended to have them (e.g. Honor, Valor, Brave).

Edited by Genesis, 08 September 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#118 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

can substat from grade 1 armor can move direct to grade 8(reinforce,exalted) armor by use of enchantment scroll? thanks need for clarification. . is exalted item is in unique category?

#119 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

Nelko,

I'm going to make this short and sweet. Partially because it's late, and I need to get some sleep.

• I didn't say economic value, I just said value. The value of an item is created within the community, I didn't say currency. So that was your assumption.
  • A player has the ability to stick to one form of game play and convert the points from Honor to Valor, and vice versa, only the values of purchase are different, because of the conversion rate. So it is beneficial for the player to obtain the points through the intended means, but it isn't unobtainable otherwise.
  • If you've never been on Pegasus during prior tests, then I cannot explain to you the ongoing of testing. Perhaps another on the forums who's experienced it can share that viewpoint with you. Certain players can be extremely disruptive towards the idea of testing for the sake of confirming issues, bugs, or simple balance considerations in various environments.
  • I didn't spit in your face. Why are you making such harsh assumptions? But you are making arguments just to make arguments. What you've been basing them on haven't had any solid basis that I've been able to determine. Though I can appreciate the viewpoint from an observational standpoint, I've been giving you answers based on experience or design intention. I can't expect every update and game change we make will be understood by 100% of the community, or even agreed with. But we do it with the sole intention of improving ROSE and its future. That's all we ever do. For some it may not be the path they would have chosen, but unfortunately, we can't please everyone. Something we've come to learn over the years of development and service. We will continue to strive to do our best to, but ultimately if a choice we believe is for the betterment of ROSE, we will follow through with it and push through. If someone doesn't like the update, we will encourage and ask them to give it a chance, but it will be their choice whether to stay or not and we will always wish them well, and welcome them should they return at any point in time.

Only the light blue stats.

like legendary orlean has a bold stat of +20 int.. u can extract that?

No, the bold stat is the equipment's natural stat and locked to it.

or you can only extract the light blue stats like 25/50, 60/40 etc..?

Correct! :)

*edit:just read that only appraisal stats can be extracted~ (was too lazy to read previous posts)

talking about this:

•  You will not be able to put the stats on to an Item Mall, Brave, Honor or other named grade gear.
  • If you remove the Appraisal Stats (Blue Stats) from an Unique item, you may only place a new stat on to a Unique item. You will not be able to place it on to a grade 1~9, or any other named group.

The concept is that we don't want to freely allow stats to be swapped from item to item, or high level items granted high level stats on a drop, then transferred to a low level item. Not all equipment has level requirements, so we've restricted it based on grade tiers.

The intended use, is for you to transfer stats as you progress and level.
However, we're aware of those who would use the system to min-max and twink a character out, by finding a high level stat on a junk gear, and pass it down to low level equipment, to either sell or use and power level with. The low level gear would not naturally be able to obtain the stat otherwise, unless possibly through crafting. However, if it were able to be done through simple drop farming, it would greatly overrun crafting stat benefits and make low level twinking entirely too easy. Not what we want to see happen.

#120 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

Thanks gen for the answer, it really helped clear up lotsa questions. 

Btw, I still stand to advocate the 24 hours reset  :p_laugh:  

All in favor hands up !  :heh:

#121 DarkSideOfMoon

DarkSideOfMoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

All of the gems Artisans craft remain unique to the Gem Crafting. I'm not sure you understand the notes if that is what you're taking away from it. The majority of new gems are going in to the new slots that will become available. While there are some gems that can go in to the current locations, they are not so widely usable as you seem to think. There is still going to be a demand for the existing gems for what they can offer to player builds.

Ok, I slowly get it.

That means the version of gems that is offered from valor/honor shops is not what you state above in your post, like for example "Diamond (Attack Power)" etc. but it would actually be something like "Shining Diamond Pear".

Correct?

Regarding the new slot that will become available.

Would for example a body part have two slots? One for the original gem and one for the new gem, or do you mean by new slot that the functionality of the current slot will be advanced so that it could be used for both version of gems?

Edited by DarkSideOfMoon, 08 September 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#122 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:48 AM

Ok, I slowly get it.

That means the version of gems that is offered from valor/honor shops is not what you state above in your post, like for example "Diamond (Attack Power)" etc. but it would actually be something like "Shining Diamond Pear".

Correct?

Would for example a body part have two slots? One for the original gem and one for the new gem, or do you mean by new slot that the functionality of the current slot will be advanced so that it could be used for both version of gems?

well i sugested that in this post for the 2 hand only since one hand and off hand will have 2 gems, but is not like that, wat i see is u just can put one gem in each part, wich mean in body, weapon, accessory u can put one old gem or new gem (u chose the gem u wana), about 2 hand they need to do smthing for have 2 slots (would be unfair in others classes have 1 more gem than 1 gem only)

#123 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:13 AM

Won't name names but there us a server that has a type of gauntlet/vambrace for two handed users that allows for a slot in the offhand gem. The item going into the offhand doesn't provide any bonus its just for a slot or in our case slot/substat.

#124 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

Ok, I slowly get it.
Correct?
It looks like you're starting to get it.

The "Gems" as they are named, (Ruby, Diamond, Beryl) is the stat you'll get. Consider it a translation, when you see "Diamond" you think "Attack Power" and when you see "Ruby" you think "Strength". So now, when you see something like "Baguette" you'll know that, that gem goes in to a ARM slot only, or if you see "Round" it can only go in to a BACK item.

The "Shining" part of a gem's name, refers to how strong it is as a gem, to help set them apart as they get stronger.

But we are not changing the current gems, so again, things like Diamonds, Rubies, and Beryls, will still go in to their normal locations as everyone is used to. Mostly the new named gems will have those cut names and go in to the new slot locations.

By your example, no there will not be multiple slots for the original and new gems. At current, we only have one slot for any gem that's able to be fit to the slot location. So it will hold either gem, so long as it's allowed to go in to the slot. :)

#125 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

Most of this stuff I won't pass judgement on until it actually goes life, but I will say that I am a bit abhorred by how you like to keep adding more terms and definitions into the game--or rather not keeping consistant with what is there already.  It is silly that half the gems will have numbered grades, and the other half will have names denoting them.  Its just unnecessary confusion being added to everything. It should be one way or another..  Sometimes simple is good :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users