#1 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hello everyone,
As many of you are discussing, the SEA server players will be moving on to our server. We are now the international server, so this merger will further expand the global nature of Odin. This process will have an impact on our players, and we are listening to your concerns. 

We will be discussing the options for item transfers as that is the largest concern voiced by our players at the moment, but we certainly want to know if there are any other big worries you have. Please use this thread to provide your feedback.

We'd like to know what items are your biggest concerns? Aside from cash shop items and seed runes, are there other items you worry will effect Odin's economy? (Please note that items that do not appear in our game will not be moving over.)

What are your other concerns that do not relate to the economy?

We will have a meeting later today to go over this, so your constructive feedback is welcome and encouraged.

EDIT: Points for easy reference for those who tl;dr!

• All items and zeny will not be brought over 'as is' and will be limited at development's discretion. We will have more info on what will be limited closer to the time of the merger.
  • Items that do not exist on Odin will not come to our server.
  • Characters with names taken on Odin will be prompted to change their name when joining the server
  • Bugged and duped items will be restricted by development. We are looking at putting other restrictions on items and a limit on zeny.
  • The servers are NOT combining all data. Only players who opt to have their character moved to Odin via a token will be brought over. We've already requested that what is brought over to be limited by development based on the needs of the server with consideration to the in game economy.

Heimdallr: We are aware there are potentially some abusive quantities of items/zeny.  We will be making fair limits so there is not a "buy out" of the economy nor an unfair situation when it comes to items/runes.  The exact amounts of them are being worked on currently.  Don't expect a character with a filled inventory of costumes to be coming over, but we also aren't going to be "blanking" inventory and money either.

#2 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

Honestly there are players/guilds on sea server that if allowed to transfer over with their zenny in-tact could potentially buy-out the entire ro2 market...

Things that worry me....ummmm....idk....maybe.....duped....items.....or.....duped.....items.....or.....duped.....items

EDIT: HI MARIDAH YOUR TWO WEEK GRACE PERIOD IS NEARING ITS END <3 <3

Edited by Baddiez, 11 September 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#3 Tianciel

Tianciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Zeny, +10/refined cards (Their card refine system has higher chances than ours), numbered seed runes, some pets should never be directly transferred.

Anything where the chances of obtaining equivalent items are different between the two servers should not be transferred, at least not directly or without compensation for Odin players.

It seems unfair to me if power 27 has a 0.01% chance of appearing on Odin server yet, say, power 40 has that same chance of appearing on SEA server that SEA players should be allowed to transfer their seed rune directly.

Any items given out in SEA-only events should not be transferred unless a similar event is held in ODIN. For example: I believe there are less than 3 blueseed 50% on the entire ODIN server (I've only seen 2), yet A single player on SEA may have 5 x Blue[50], it seems completely unreasonable to me that this should be transferred. I believe the rate for obtaining seeds is different on SEA but more importantly 62 were given out in a single event!

Blue[50] was a prize for SEA pvp event, 62 were given out:

Spoiler

Zeny is a definite NO WAY, a single rich SEA player can buy out most if not all of our market. Please use a conversion ratio:

Spoiler

Edit:

In order to not break the economy I believe:

• Zeny must go through a conversion rate, if it is transferred at all
  • Some items should not be transferred directly, if at all
    • Seed runes should go through a conversion rate to equilibrate with our server's seeds, or compensation in the form of fresh runes should be given if runes are removed completely (please scale the compensation to the rune #)
    • Pets above 4 star should be dropped to level 1
    • Cosmetic items, if transferred, should be limited to 1-2 of each costume
    • Consider limiting the number of other items that can be transferred (maybe use RNG to determine which items are kept, lol... or let people choose), or not transferring any
    • Gear seems fair to transfer, having a ML30 character with no gear is pointless. Gear should come punched and refined, but possibly not with runes
    • Any questionable items that must be transferred should be made untradeable

Edited by Tianciel, 12 September 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#4 mikkan4ge

mikkan4ge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

i think this one is the best reason why SEA players should have there own server in WP  RO2 .

Item: Blue Seed Rune[50] 

source: http://ro2.playpark....the-blood-flow/

99.99% of Ro2 NA server dont have this rune. (one of a kind in our server)

while in Ro2 SEA had this much (see link)

THEY GAVE IT AWAY!!! WHILE WE WORK on Ours!

Edited by mikkan4ge, 11 September 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#5 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

No zeny, no +10 cards (Their card refine system has higher chances than ours) 

Spoiler

and they are supposed to come in here penniless so that you have your fair share of justice ? So fairness only applies if its fair to you and not them ? Ever thought they have also spent more time farming and putting in hardwork to earn all those ? You must be a fool to propose such 3rd class treatment to them. Anyone and I MEAN ANYONE with the power and flexibility of real cash could come into any WP's game and buy all of you out if thats the type of mentality you have in an MMO. You seem to think your wealth is the biggest problem here, wait till you see them and their horde of army and you'd realize they are not here for the Zenies. 

anyway
Why not ration their Zeny transfer instead? 

#6 100001851961468

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

Is it too much to ask why NA even considered the thought of merging the 2? If WP can give 1 reasonable reason what can it be?

#7 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

and they are supposed to come in here penniless so that you have your fair share of justice ? So fairness only applies if its fair to you and not them ? Ever thought they have also spent more time farming and putting in hardwork to earn all those ? You must be a fool to propose such 3rd class treatment to them. Anyone and I MEAN ANYONE with the power and flexibility of real cash could come into any WP's game and buy all of you out if thats the type of mentality you have in an MMO. You seem to think your wealth is the biggest problem here, wait till you see them and their horde of army and you'd realize they are not here for the Zenies. 

anyway

Did you read her whole post ? lol

#8 InuyashaDraconis

InuyashaDraconis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

See this provides a severe dilemma,Merging our server with theirs needs to be handled with care above all else.

They may have WAY more powerfull gear then us but a lot of them very much like ourselves have worked day in and day out on their gears and items. They have spent tons of money LIKE US on kafra and we can't just give them nothing.

In all honesty i think there should be an ENTIRE zeny and item wipe for both sides. And all kafra cash bought since day 1 be added back to everyones accounts thusly. Honestly this is the only way i can see it be fair on both sides.

Now warp portal needs to keep in mind of accounts collisions, a lot of us origionally played RO2 Sea server and as such a lot of our log-ins and char names for both our old accounts and other plays may coinside with ours here on Odin.

Char names of players on Odin should get priority of their char names. Every player on Ro2 should get 1 char rename cupon but any Sea  char name that collides with RO2 Odin should be automaticaly set to a digit number so the sea players can change their names, Here in Odin we have known each other by our char names for a very very long time and since they are merging with us they need to be a little flexible as do we.

Account names( Log in id's) that collide could cause a huge problem as account names are not easily changed like with a name change cupon.

The best thing i could suggest is every account that their account names collide you rename the account to like 00001 and message the player through their email adress and have both players put in a request for a new log-in id. Only condition both can not change their id's to what they originally were.

But i honestly think both sides should be wiped of zeny and items us and them. Its honestly only fair.

Edited by InuyashaDraconis, 11 September 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#9 100001851961468

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

anyway

SEA and NA is two different companies anyways. Just like what ive mention earlier, NA doesn't need to feel OBLIGATED to adopt the soon to be server-less SEA peeps. 

#10 Birdinator

Birdinator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

"I think it's a great idea. Introducing SEA will improve the game significantly. 10/10" -IGN

#11 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

Did you read her whole post ? lol

Tianciel, on 12 Sept 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:snapback.png

No zeny, no +10 cards (Their card refine system has higher chances than ours) 

Have you read the first line correctly before asking me about the whole post ? That post in spoiler was made in another thread and could only be used as a reference, that post I quoted directly was a direct reply to this thread by said poster. 

#12 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

IMO they shouldn't get anything transferred over. Just char level/stats/skills. 

Let them work for their zeny/gear/seeds/cards/pets/whatnot on OUR server with OUR % rates.

I mean this whole thing is sort of stupid in general imo... You're really just taking a big crap on all the new PH players with this type of hand out...

Edited by Lyrella, 11 September 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#13 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

Tianciel, on 12 Sept 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:snapback.png

Have you read the first line correctly before asking me about the whole post ? That post in spoiler was made in another thread and could only be used as a reference, that post I quoted directly was a direct reply to this thread by said poster. 

It was linked so she would not have to rewrite the whole thing. The first statement was her personal preference the spoiler was alternatives to the proposed No Zenny no +10 cards along with some explanations and comparisons to things. 

Edited by Baddiez, 11 September 2014 - 08:50 AM.

#14 Birdinator

Birdinator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

IMO they shouldn't get anything transferred over. Just char level/stats/skills. 

Let them work for their zeny/gear/seeds/cards/pets/whatnot on OUR server with OUR % rates.

I mean this whole thing is sort of stupid in general imo... You're really just taking a bit crap on all the new PH players with this type of hand out...

I kinda agree with this. They should either have to start from scratch or at least get a jump to level 50.

Maybe then everyone won't quit the game.

Besides, isn't that what PH players had to do?

#15 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

SEA and NA is two different companies anyways. Just like what ive mention earlier, NA doesn't need to feel OBLIGATED to adopt the soon to be server-less SEA peeps. 

This one i can agree with. I wonder how playpark's perk ended up here in WP's door step. Not that I don't welcome it but I too do not think WP should engage in this in a hasty manner. It seems this deal was done and discussed since some time ago but now we read from Maridah that they were only gonna discuss about "Damage Control" . Why was this not being thought carefully through in the first place?   

Of course though there is also another possibility that WP belongs to Gravity and Gravity being the main publisher needs money and also WP's IM system proved to be a very effective formula. Perhaps WP wanted this ? Lets not deny the fact that Asian players do not worry about Cash when it comes to spending in-game. You can only hope that the fact that deals in WP are mostly done in USD currency, it will dishearten them a little. 

#16 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

EDITED - With my updated opinion:

To be honest, I'm sure this "merger" will benefit all of us if managed properly. Increase population to our server is always welcomed. And I am really looking forward to meet new SEA friends! =D

However, to properly managed the transfer, ZENY must me converted to proper rate that match with our server OR no zeny transfer at all. If latter is the case, then SEA server should have an event to convert those zeny into items(lottery system for example) before the transfer.

Seed runes with OP %:

Initially, I said no seed runes should be transferred. However, if it is not possible to do that or not fair to sea players, then OK, allow them to transfer those here as well. BUT, warpportal should release some events for us in the future that allow us to have a chance to obtain those OP items as well....

OK..if no events for those op items...well...at least please control the flow of SEA zeny being tranaferred into our server...this is the minimum thing that we need to do without breaking our economy. 

Edited by AikaFuwa, 14 September 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#17 100001851961468

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Oh crap, i used the same acct /IGN  i have in SEA when i moved in....what to do now?

#18 2692140620094919713

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Its like ur merge a -_- private server with a normal server lol 

GG WP thanks for taking my moneys and then do this to us.

#19 charissard

charissard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

I feel sorry for new PH players that started from the beginning, leveled their characters and farmed items/stuff. It's unfair to them if zennies/items from SEA server will be transferred over NA. Well, actually it's unfair to us all. Think it over WP, look at the population now. Many people are quitting, now this. Are ya kidding me  :Emo_14: 

Edited by charissard, 11 September 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#20 Tianciel

Tianciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

anyway

I did suggest that in the quote (read the spoiler). I honestly posted really quickly in an attempt to be the first response on this thread :3

I do not think they should come with NOTHING but lvl. But the two servers were not created equal, to come in with their zeny directly is unfair. If I farm for 2 hours on SEA server I am likely to make more zeny than I can get in 2 days on RO2 because the server simply has more zeny. It would completely crash our current economy.

And the issue is not that you can buy out the economy with real cash, the issue is that it's 1000$, I can name a dozen players who have spent more than that on RO2. The 1:666 exchange rate for KP to zeny is an indicator that inflation is much higher on SEA. If I have 7.75 hong kong dollars and that buys me a can of coke in Hong kong, do you not think it would be unfair to bring that over to USA and have it become 7.75 US dollars that will buy me almost 8 cans of coke? There needs to be an exchange rate if things are to be transferred at all. 

#21 100001851961468

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

I moved to NA leaving behind my SEA acct over a year ago.Now  I feel so stoopid for not making a thread for immeadiate transfer of all my acct in NA that time! Sarcasm not included BTW.

#22 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Ever thought they have also spent more time farming and putting in hardwork to earn all those ? 

RgeVmVE.jpg

#23 Valakas

Valakas

• Members
  • 817 posts

It was linked so she would not have to rewrite the whole thing. The first statement was her personal preference the spoiler was alternatives to the proposed No Zenny no +10 cards along with some explanations and comparisons to things. 

yush and I was replying to her "Personal preference" with my own personal pov of why I thought she was not entirely correct with that mindset.

p.s thanks for hinting it was a she, i was thinking "he" in the beginning.  

:hinthint: <- like this emote? I was the one who proposed for this to be included in the forum. [ OT ] 

#24 AikaFuwa

AikaFuwa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

Thumbs up for Tianciel, he explained it very clearly :)

#25 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:59 AM

yush and I was replying to her "Personal preference" with my own personal pov of why I thought she was not entirely correct with that mindset.

p.s thanks for hinting it was a she, i was thinking "he" in the beginning.  

:hinthint: <- like this emote? I was the one who proposed for this to be included in the forum. [ OT ] 

Sorry I'm defensive :'( Shes my gf, but she can defend herself :D *steps aside *grabs popcorn *watches

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users