SEA Merger Feedback - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

SEA Merger Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
359 replies to this topic

#51 Kirhito

Kirhito

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Ive never heard of a game server close then another company absorbs the players into their server and they get to keep their stuff.

Is bugs and imbalances not enough of an issue that you guys have to resolve to this.
These are the things im seeing if this happens:

- Odin will be the new SEA server and players from there will likely be the one controlling most of the economy, WoE etc.

- The FPS drop will be more horrible than ever now that were got more people without the server being optimized. Even Heimdalr said that WP's Ro2 was not optimized as it should be, if they are aware of it why couldnt they do something about it instead of pushing useless recycled content.

- People left SEA to come to Odin for a reason, coz they wanted a fresh start.

- SEA has WAY lot more exploits that was never looked after and now being monopolized by some people in there. Im from SEA before i moved here so dont tell me i dont know crap.

Are these feedback and suggestions that we are discussing right now gonna be looked at seriously or just another show to make it look like you guys are but still go with whatever you guys want. Its pretty tiring supporting a game that doesnt even support their customers.

Good thing tomorrow is the day for DAT game to open. :)

#52 Tianciel

Tianciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Just looking at the links about power rune rate, I did some calculations

Less than 1% of all power runes rolled will be above 13

Less than 0.0001% of all runes rolled will be above 30, so you should expect to roll 10,000 greenseeds to get power 30+ (with our current seedrune RNG). Can SEA players with power 30+ claim to have opened 500 stacks of power runes? If not, I think some change is necessary. Either nerf the seeds being transferred from SEA, do not transfer them at all, or provide ODIN players with a means to obtain similar seed runes (fix our seed rates please!)

Edited by Tianciel, 11 September 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#53 100001851961468

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Ive never heard of a game server close then another company absorbs the players into their server and they get to keep their stuff.

Is bugs and imbalances not enough of an issue that you guys have to resolve to this.

- Odin will be the new SEA server and players from there will likely be the one controlling most of the economy, WoE etc.

- The FPS drop will be more horrible than ever now that were got more people without the server being optimized. Even Heimdalr said that WP's Ro2 was not optimized as it should be, if they are aware of it why couldnt they do something about it instead of pushing useless recycled content.

- SEA has WAY lot more exploits that was never looked after and now being monopolized by some people in there. Im from SEA before i moved here so dont tell me i dont know crap.

Are these feedback and suggestions that we are discussing right now gonna be looked at seriously or just another show to make it look like you guys are but still go with whatever you guys want. Its pretty tiring supporting a game that doesnt even support their customers.

agree on that.

#54 Pr3

Pr3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Rollback to LoTS and remove seed runes from the game. End of story. 

#55 MheiLife

MheiLife

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

technically speaking if a server shuts down normally your only choice is to create a new account on a different server if you want continue playing or find a new game entirely. 

merging the two servers will be like oil and water in a jar. you'll get them together but they won't mix unless something is done. 

i understand that SEA players won't like having a complete wipe but looking at it from a different angle they are already graced with having their accounts transferred over instead of creating new accounts on the NA server because the SEA server shuts down.

#56 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

I can support this fully !

SEA will be closed, if the players there want to play on NA, then start here only with stats - skills - level 50 (as a bonus), nothing else.

All other additional goodys like pets / gear / zeny / ++cards  / costumes / seeds are a slap in the face of the majority of NA players and may result in mass quitting the game.

What do u want ?? Keep your basic playerbase, many of them playing since day 1 of iRO2

or a mass bunch of OP players, who get ther stuff under diffuse conditions ?

the future will show the result ....

hope, it's not too late then ...

have (no?) fun

Edited by GrafWuzz, 11 September 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#57 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

I agree. It kinda doesnt make sense to have all their stuff on a different server be able to transfer on a new server which was 2 different companies at the first place.

Having their accounts carried over is gracious enough, but everything? Lol.
I think its pretty standard that when the game shuts down everything goes down with it. Having it transferred to a new server is a different story.

In any case everything here is up to Gravity and WP, your choices will have a big impact on your business whatever you guys do choose.
All i can say is GG.

Edited by jhay1825, 11 September 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#58 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

Just looking at the links about power rune rate, I did some calculations

Less than 1% of all power runes rolled will be above 13

Less than 0.0001% of all runes rolled will be above 30, so you should expect to roll 10,000 greenseeds to get power 30+ (with our current seedrune RNG). Can SEA players with power 30+ claim to have opened 500 stacks of power runes? If not, I think some change is necessary. Either nerf the seeds being transferred from SEA, do not transfer them at all, or provide ODIN players with a means to obtain similar seed runes (fix our seed rates please!)

I just talked to someone from WP. Sadly I was asked to omit names,  but I can still quote XD believe me or not up to whoever reads it . 

Q: Is it even possible to edit game files for better RNG on seed runes

A: " It's not. We've tested it. Also, the rates that players have sent to me that they've pulled from game files are inaccurate. All rates are handled server side.

However, if there is some method we are unaware please contact a cm/gm and we will investigate it."

So based on their lasts tests roughly a month ago it's not possible, but I understand the validity of the post is shady considering i'm not allowed to add names Q_Q 

Edited by Baddiez, 11 September 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#59 100001851961468

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

technically speaking if a server shuts down normally your only choice is to create a new account on a different server if you want continue playing or find a new game entirely. 

merging the two servers will be like oil and water in a jar. you'll get them together but they won't mix unless something is done. 

i understand that SEA players won't like having a complete wipe but looking at it from a different angle they are already graced with having their accounts transferred over instead of creating new accounts on the NA server because the SEA server shuts down.

I have the same log in/IGN in SEA and NA..I wonder what characters will pop up once i open my account.

#60 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

I have the same log in/IGN in SEA and NA..I wonder what characters will pop up once i open my account.

There just can't be two Vau's in NA, one will survive.....i must win.!

@.@

The Matrix.

#61 st3533p

st3533p

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

I can support this fully !

SEA will be closed, if the players there want to play on NA, then start here only with stats - skills - level (as a bonus), nothing else.

All other additional goodys like pets / gear / zeny / ++cards  / costumes are a slap in the face of the majority of NA players and may result in mass quitting the game.

What do u want ?? Keep your basic playerbase, many of them playing since day 1 of iRO2

or a mass bunch of OP players, who get ther stuff under diffuse conditions ?

the future will show the result ....

hope, it's not too late then ...

have (no?) fun

ummmm Hello?! You ok m8? "may result in mass quitting the game"  Well, you can't really break a broken game right?

#62 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

Players with names taken already on Odin will have their name changed to include _s at the end and be prompted to change names on first log in.

#63 100001851961468

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

Players with names taken already on Odin will have their name changed to include _s at the end and be prompted to change names on first log in

^ based on this, so its been decided there will be a merge. 

#64 thokz

thokz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

Players with names taken already on Odin will have their name changed to include _s at the end and be prompted to change names on first log in.

ok love u

#65 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

I'll give you your second reputation Maridah, enjoy it. :*

+1

"Ohh yeah, look at it go,

Roll out the nicknames,

Feel it in your bones"

(8)

#66 Aizrael

Aizrael

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

The Only thing that this can work out for both side is to provide a new server for the SEA Player.
If not, balancing of equips, items and zennies should be implemented. Yes, I Agree that they work hard

for their items and bought them too... but is it WP fault the asia soft is no longer supporting the SEA server?

If the merging happen without the further action to maintain balance, then the equilibrium will be destroyed
Seriously, and a lot of NA player will go on a rage quit :p_cry:

#67 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

I'm appalled at the lack of attention given to the one true winner of RO2: RNGesus. It is the one true way to make it all fair. Simply put, make the transfer RNG based, then we can all have a few laughs as we all lose together.

-RNG Zeny Box: 1% chance to transfer all your money, 99% chance of getting Polinium.
-Seeds: Red/Blue/Green seeds can get compensated by stacks of seeds - Let our God do the rest.
-Cards: Compensate them with card enhanced stones (lol) then force them to buy more coating paper and let RNGesus handle it.
-Pets: Give them the corresponding # of fragments and program them to give G pieces 99% of the time. G for GG son.
-Costumes: Compensate with costume boxes etc. Let them RNG their way back to full costumes. If they want 3s, make them buy your fusion tablets.

Despite the lack of serious tone in this, this actually is my suggestion. Give them the opportunity to earn their gear back without straight up handing them free stuff. It gives SEA players enough of a head start so they aren't shafted, yet not giving them the huge advantage over current players. 

#68 jeffburg

jeffburg

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

People are afraid of things they don't understand. They don't know how to relate. It threatens their security, their existence, their career, image. - Bill Laswell

#69 Tianciel

Tianciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

I just talked to someone from WP. Sadly I was asked to omit names,  but I can still quote XD believe me or not up to whoever reads it . 

A: " It's not. We've tested it. Also, the rates that players have sent to me that they've pulled from game files are inaccurate. All rates are handled server side.

However, if there is some method we are unaware please contact a cm/gm and we will investigate it."

So based on their lasts tests roughly a month ago it's not possible, but I understand the validity of the post is shady considering i'm not allowed to add names Q_Q 

I don't mean about editing game files. I believe we have different server-side rates. Our seed rates stink I'm not sure if it's the same in SEA. I do know that not all our events and boxes have the same items and rates, but staff would have to check out which ones do and don't. 

#70 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

I don't mean about editing game files. I believe we have different server-side rates. Our seed rates stink I'm not sure if it's the same in SEA. I do know that not all our events and boxes have the same items and rates, but staff would have to check out which ones do and don't. 

Oh, my bad didn't mean to quote you just meant to post it :D

#71 darzx

darzx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

Things that worry me....ummmm....idk....maybe.....duped....items.....or.....duped.....items.....or.....duped.....items

This time i agree to this man, this is very possible coz it happened in my previous game that i played. The result is closing the game. I already see the multiple capes and other stuff like powders etc. in the previous post.

Dupers are worst than a bug user or botters. 

#72 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:52 AM

Honestly spoken, there is no real way to merge these servers without anyone crying... or leaving the game.

Problematic things are:

• zeny
  • seedrunes
  • other runes (Jehoon)
  • costumes
  • honing
  • pets
  • socketed accessories
  • other valuables

So basically anything that threatens either the power-level or the economy.

A Crecentia with a level 4 RSX, OP runes & honing f.e. can farm Cazar gear on Odin quite easily, possibly becoming rich within a few days/weeks. So who made this gear tradeable? Who tested the dungeon to be abusal-free? A massive player-base could overtake WoE and therefore being the castle holder getting free stuff every week. So who introduced these permanental gifts? And how many do Jehoon right now because they believe that these runes will see a return?

You see, it would take more than just a zeny conversion or getting rid of seedrunes.

On contrast. it doesn't need a merge of servers first. We have enough botters, hackers, dupers or glitch-abusers on this server as well and there is already a high discrepancy between those players and the "average" player.

Or do you really think that there were so many "lucky ones" who were blessed by those OP pre-AoV seedrunes hence the higher difficulty level back then and the dungeon lockout?

A: " It's not. We've tested it. Also, the rates that players have sent to me that they've pulled from game files are inaccurate. All rates are handled server side. However, if there is some method we are unaware please contact a cm/gm and we will investigate it."

So what did you expect from a warpportal employee? Would they admit it?

I've seen people been banned for putting 10 copies of a 3-socketed costume in AH. I've heared the stories of "unwanted" broken buffs. I've seen the Colo gear being traded, etc.. I catched quite many who botted mermaids, scarecrows, etc. and it would be quite a short list to name all those who haven't abused Embus, bugged Maya or the current Assassin's Sanctum dungeon.

And I'm quite sure there is a way to modify the drop/luck chances as well, because I saw it at least once.

So how to solve this:

Well, although it might be hard for some players here or on SEA:

Games die eventually!

... and it doesn't matter if you played fair, if you've botted, if you felt powerful or weak, if you've invested millions to make someone else righer or tried it the hard way. And it doesn't mean anything if you have many friends here, if you're in a powerful guild or hoarded all kinds of stuff.

So let's face it: Asiasoft said "We're done!"

Usually that would mean that all SEA players would lose EVERYTHING. Screw those seedrunes, costumes, pets, accounts, etc.. It would simply be over. Time to open your window again and face reality.

Only by chance, there is still another active server who is willing to merge these accounts. So it's either nothing or at least something. And it all matters on the $_$ face of WarpPortal here HOW this transfer will look like.

And if you really want some sort of fairness, open a pre-AoV, pre-pet, pre-socketed costumes server and let everyone start all over again

Edited by Greven79, 11 September 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#73 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

As I know it's same rate for both server but AS is a very bad publiser with useless GM, CM, etc ...

When bug came and players already abused from it, they fixed the bug and u guys know what answer I received after I asked a GM what they gonna do about with it? They said we can't do anything, players who already abused items from bug were LUCKY and yea they can keep all the item!? Just WTF?

IMO, Give SEA players a "RO 2 Welcome Pack" which contain following items:

- 1x Zeny Bag (5000)

- VIP packed (30 days)

- + 20 Lich Equipment Box (30 days) (Just like imitation pandora box)

- + 20 Lich Weapon Box (30 days) (Just like imitation pandora box)

- 10 stacks of Blueseed

- 10 stacks of Redseed

- 5 stack of Greenseed for each kind

And:

- Only transfer character, level, skills, stats, pets, cards, tittles & blood point (All of these are core to a character, u guys can't take it away from us)

- Delete all gears, seeds, items, zeny.

Edited by HikariKouka, 11 September 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#74 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

When kRO2 shut down, no data merge was done for them. Any kRO2 player that wanted to transfer to iRO2 did so with nothing.

When iRO2 opened to the Philippines, those players were free to join our server, but they also had to start with nothing.

Why is it when it comes to Malaysia and Singapore players is WarpPortal rolling out the red carpet and allowing them to transfer their money and items when every other player we opened up to had to start from scratch? What makes Malaysia and Singapore players so much more special than the Korea and Philippines players?

(Not to mention iRO1 did no such data merge with Malaysia's RO1 server when that shut down either.)

A precedent has already been established with the Korea and Philippines players. Why change for Malaysia and Singapore players?

#75 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:17 PM

When kRO2 shut down, no data merge was done for them. Any kRO2 player that wanted to transfer to iRO2 did so with nothing.

When iRO2 opened to the Philippines, those players were free to join our server, but they also had to start with nothing.

Why is it when it comes to Malaysia and Singapore players is WarpPortal rolling out the red carpet and allowing them to transfer their money and items when every other player we opened up to had to start from scratch? What makes Malaysia and Singapore players so much more special than the Korea and Philippines players?

(Not to mention iRO1 did no such data merge with Malaysia's RO1 server when that shut down either.)

A precedent has already been established with the Korea and Philippines players. Why change for Malaysia and Singapore players?

^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users