[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1165 replies to this topic

#76 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

In that case let me give Kali a high-five cause I've had an alliance trying to do the same crap to me.

And it never works. If they are dissatisfied with the state of WoE, perhaps they should be more introspective.

#77 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:54 AM

I think it comes down to is it up to the GM team to prevent an alliance from bullying another guild into oblivion or should things be allowed to play out. I'm surprised though honestly, usually at some point someone realizes it's stupid and breaks off of the mega alliance and shakes things up. That's what's always happened previously.

#78 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

Do they have the population / political contacts to do this tho? I mean RO is really political no matter how anyone wishes to paint it. What's the opposing population like and do they have goals that they can work together on in order to fight ani+co?

Driving one player off a server sounds rather sinister to me. Isn't LR a major guild? Wouldn't driving her off the server have major population consequences? 

Also what would be the goal of allying up to fight against them? What would this achieve in their benefit? I know it's a lot of questions but.... something doesn't make sense to me.

Why must it be an alliance?

It's basically this:

Some people are too short-sighted. The solution to fixing woe isn't "FORCING" an alliance where people don't get along with each other (what's that good for, one single castle break? what more do you expect).

I don't know the exact details why it needs to be an Alliance vs Alliance, and why not Guild vs Guild, because I don't understand it myself.

#79 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:55 AM

Do they have the population / political contacts to do this tho? I mean RO is really political no matter how anyone wishes to paint it. What's the opposing population like and do they have goals that they can work together on in order to fight ani+co?

Driving one player off a server sounds rather sinister to me. Isn't LR a major guild? Wouldn't driving her off the server have major population consequences? 

Also what would be the goal of allying up to fight against them? What would this achieve in their benefit? I know it's a lot of questions but.... something doesn't make sense to me.

Why must it be an alliance?

xellie leaders have tried with no vial. Just like your doing its time to point out what is going on, but without the help from us. What we did was eliminate our involvement, so that a better alliance can form, with out any past drama preventing it.

#80 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

I think it comes down to is it up to the GM team to prevent an alliance from bullying another guild into oblivion or should things be allowed to play out. I'm surprised though honestly, usually at some point someone realizes it's stupid and breaks off of the mega alliance and shakes things up. That's what's always happened previously.

Personally I always felt like it ~playing out~ was part of the game. But surely there's a point when the bullying side realize that what they are doing is counter-productive to what they wish to achieve?

It's kind of shocking to read this stuff, I thought ani was pro-fights not pro-farming - and you can't control what others will do to achieve that.

xellie leaders have tried with no vial. Just like your doing its time to point out what is going on, but without the help from us. What we did was eliminate our involvement, so that a better alliance can form, with out any past drama preventing it.

Why should they have to form an alliance because it's what your side want? Especially if the population doesn't support it....

Edited by Xellie, 29 October 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#81 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

What we did was eliminate our involvement, so that a better alliance can form, with out any past drama preventing it.

Hail the WOE messiah.

#82 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

That makes absolutely 0 sense.

Do yourself a favor and read what you write sometime.

How is making the huge alliance stronger number wise going to make people want to rise up?

It's going to kill morale more and more and then there's going to be no one else to play against.

Hayroh keeps stating that your goal is to kill the server. He's stated that on youtube and even spams it almost daily in the shoutbox here on WP.

What will you do when no alliance forms? Will you stay and keep picking on smaller guilds that try to form?

If LR and Smokies didn't exist, would you stay where you are?

I think the question is yes, but prove me wrong.

#83 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Bullying or chasing smaller guilds around the WoE maps is pretty much 99% of WoE.  It's getting old and as a result, new players are not showing up for WoE to get bullied more.  I've had people in Vent, mostly new members, annoyingly complain that a "certain" guild keeps following our guild and its getting old.  It is getting REALLY OLD hearing that when its been going on for awhile.  

Its not fun and they rarely show up the next week while new people replace them and the cycle starts all over again.  I should also mention that when small guilds get a castle, it results from finding an abandoned area and taking it without a fight.  is that fun? no. 

#84 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

Personally I always felt like it ~playing out~ was part of the game. But surely there's a point when the bullying side realize that what they are doing is counter-productive to what they wish to achieve?

It's kind of shocking to read this stuff, I thought ani was pro-fights not pro-farming - and you can't control what others will do to achieve that.

Why should they have to form an alliance because it's what your side want? Especially if the population doesn't support it....

because its the only way! Ani has made it very clear to the server they are not going to break alliance.

#85 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

I have to admit wiping a smallish guild in half a second is hilarious especially if they like to talk ****. Like ONCE. After that it's just mean and pointless though.

#86 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

Let's just say what everyone is thinking.....no one wants to fight a 170 person guild, and no one in a mob is ever going to try to do something unique. 

#87 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

That makes absolutely 0 sense.

Do yourself a favor and read what you write sometime.

How is making the huge alliance stronger number wise going to make people want to rise up?

It's going to kill morale more and more and then there's going to be no one else to play against.

Hayroh keeps stating that your goal is to kill the server. He's stated that on youtube and even spams it almost daily in the shoutbox here on WP.

What will you do when no alliance forms? Will you stay and keep picking on smaller guilds that try to form?

If LR and Smokies didn't exist, would you stay where you are?

I think the question is yes, but prove me wrong.

I will say this that when something is rotten to the core, sometimes it best to let it die so that it can reform. 

#88 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

because its the only way! Ani has made it very clear to the server they are not going to break alliance.

Is it true that animosity break the current 56 man guildcap?

#89 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

They are hoping a suitably sized alliance is created to fight them. They think Kali is holding back that "dream" though, which is why they think by driving her off the server, that alliance they've been dreaming of will finally form.

I dont get it though, *technically* that alliance would be made up of 3 guilds. They absorbed 1 of those guilds, they are currently bullying and trying to DESTROY 1 of the guilds off the server, and all thats left would be to fight 1 guild. Theres no competition what so ever, its just complete domination when its 3-4 guilds (alliance) vs 1 guild. 

#90 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

Let's just say what everyone is thinking.....no one wants to fight a 170 person guild, and no one in a mob is ever going to try to do something unique. 

no one wants to put in the work to do it, and the people who were are tired of doing it. Why this thread is made.

#91 LimitBreaker27

LimitBreaker27

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Loki/Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

ummmmm....
TTHftco.jpg?2

#92 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:05 AM

Is it true that animosity break the current 56 man guildcap?

Animosity had 80 people last Saturday WoE (seriously).

#93 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

How is CS/Sin numbers?

#94 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

Then let me know again the reason why SL was dissolved. because we got bored fighting animosity alliance or something that you're trying hiding? i think everyone knows..

For you its funny a big alliance pissing off smalls guilds every WOE and holding econ castles 250+ days? are you sure that this you want vierma?

#95 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:07 AM

Everyone wants to join the winning football team

#96 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:08 AM

not what they used to be no where near the numbers and strength of its formor self. Not that they are not trying to get back there. 

#97 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

How is CS/Sin numbers?

I don't know exactly, but I think it's around 3x for each of them.

#98 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:09 AM

no one wants to put in the work to do it, and the people who were are tired of doing it. Why this thread is made.

People have been TRYING to put the work into it, and it's not happening. At this point most of the people who are WoEing are in guilds, what exactly to you propose is done? Where is the opposing alliance supposed to get members from, exactly?

#99 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

Everyone wants to join the winning football team

Only way to prevent bandwagoning is to destroy a bandwagon's reputation. :gg:

#100 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

ok so Anim practically outnumbers the other alliance by themselves?

Where are they supposed to make up the rest of the numbers?

And why does this have to happen again? Sounds like some kids are crying for sprinkles despite being told they're all gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users