An "Intelligent" Discussion about Champs - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

An "Intelligent" Discussion about Champs

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#26 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

TAKE AWAY MUTE ON CHAMPS! ._.

no no no, you guys got it all wrong - do not nerf champs...

make the other classes stronger-

give hawkers (scouts and raiders) faster m-speed passives (so they are faster then a champ)

clerics need an m-speed passive... badly.

their def is fine, their ap is fine. however this is true they shouldn't be "the fastest class"

however my buddy spent a whole lot of zullie and reall life money making an mspeed champ - this would make me sad; very sad - if his mspeed got nurfed.

srrsly, champs should NOT have mute. The skill shouldn't be "nurfed" it should just be removed from that class - clerics and mages are the only class's that should have mute.

Yeah and clerics wouldn't die from anything . That is what your planning isn't it ?!

Edited by Span, 14 November 2010 - 11:48 PM.

#27 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

Yeah and clerics wouldn't die from anything . That is what your planning isn't it ?!

a cleric can die to a champ without the use of mute as it is - besides if you did a pvp like this

2 champs and cleric vrs 1 champ, 1 cleric, 1 mage

the mage could mute the other cleric.... as it stand now, these pvp specs, the 2 champs would win. However take away champs ability to mute.... and it would be a faily evenly sided match.

not my intention on making "clerics invincible" but atm, we run like we are a turtle; and champs just shouldn't be able to mute - it makes the classes unbalanced. a champ should not be the class that can take out everyone - they should need other people in their party, and taking away a champs mute would make a cleric or mage that much more of a desirable class to have in your party.

Edited by CaNehDa, 14 November 2010 - 11:59 PM.

#28 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

Whats wrong with alowwing Knights to have mute? They already have trouble killing clerics even with it.

#29 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:16 AM

Whats wrong with alowwing Knights to have mute? They already have trouble killing clerics even with it.

xbow knight pwns cleric

but uhm - I don't see too much of an issue with knights keeping mute, but champs shouldn't have it .

#30 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:26 AM

a cleric can die to a champ without the use of mute as it is - besides if you did a pvp like this

2 champs and cleric vrs 1 champ, 1 cleric, 1 mage

the mage could mute the other cleric.... as it stand now, these pvp specs, the 2 champs would win. However take away champs ability to mute.... and it would be a faily evenly sided match.

not my intention on making "clerics invincible" but atm, we run like we are a turtle; and champs just shouldn't be able to mute - it makes the classes unbalanced. a champ should not be the class that can take out everyone - they should need other people in their party, and taking away a champs mute would make a cleric or mage that much more of a desirable class to have in your party.

We got the name 'champion' for a reason .

#31 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

xbow knight pwns cleric

but uhm - I don't see too much of an issue with knights keeping mute, but champs shouldn't have it .

why shouldnt they have it?

a single target mute i dont have too much of a problem with all classes should have a way of defeating each of the other classes ina 1v1 situation. the reason that champs are so op atm is cause they can genrally sit and tank a couple of people and take them all down without haveing a cleric throwing heals.

ill give you they probably shouldnt have easy access to a mute ie make them sacrifice something to get it but the question remains why do you think this is what makes them op?

well its the question you need to answer if were to keep this an intelligent thread as opposed to a we need to remove this and this and that from champs.

if im not mistaken champs mspeed was increased as they became too prone to being kited in pvp by the ranged classes correct? if so then to address the uber high mspeed how about we remove the passive and change charge to something like

charge- when targetting a player you rush to that player immobilizing them for 1 second (this will give champs a way to close the gaps between themselves and a ranged attacker but put a reasonable cooldown on it)
- when not targetting an enemy player the champ gains 300%* movement speed for 3 seconds (this will give them a way to evade to a point and create gaps from their attackers.)

both share the same cooldown
*number to be changed to whatever % is deemed to be neccesary

#32 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

why shouldnt they have it?

a single target mute i dont have too much of a problem with all classes should have a way of defeating each of the other classes ina 1v1 situation. the reason that champs are so op atm is cause they can genrally sit and tank a couple of people and take them all down without haveing a cleric throwing heals.

ill give you they probably shouldnt have easy access to a mute ie make them sacrifice something to get it but the question remains why do you think this is what makes them op?

well its the question you need to answer if were to keep this an intelligent thread as opposed to a we need to remove this and this and that from champs.

if im not mistaken champs mspeed was increased as they became too prone to being kited in pvp by the ranged classes correct? if so then to address the uber high mspeed how about we remove the passive and change charge to something like

charge- when targetting a player you rush to that player immobilizing them for 1 second (this will give champs a way to close the gaps between themselves and a ranged attacker but put a reasonable cooldown on it)
- when not targetting an enemy player the champ gains 300%* movement speed for 3 seconds (this will give them a way to evade to a point and create gaps from their attackers.)

I would have over 5k mspd

*drools*

#33 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:43 AM

I would have over 5k mspd

*drools*

take not of the little * and the fine print down the bottom... also take away the movement speed u currently get from the passive tha will drop you down to what about 700ish mspeed. it would be 300% of that number and only for 3 seconds with a cooldown that would only make it desirable for pvp

edit sure you might be able to get it alot higher if you were to use all mspeed eqs but to get that kinda speed for 3 seconds and to gimp yourself in a pvp match i could see how that would be a fair compromise

Edited by DarkGero, 15 November 2010 - 01:45 AM.

#34 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:20 AM

Even if they only change the passives and leave charge in its current state, that might work. People don't use charge now because they run fast enough without it. Although, I think charges cooldown should be increased by 1 or 2 seconds. It is close to spammable, with only 1 second in between I think.
I'm agreeing with you by the way, I think their movement speed should come more from a short duration active skill than a passive.

I definitely see defense as more of an issue than mute. They have always had mute. But they have not always had this kind of defense or movement speed. People need to realize that if they died faster, then even if they could run fast they wouldn't seem as OP.

Edited by BrownBear, 15 November 2010 - 04:21 AM.

#35 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

TAKE AWAY MUTE ON CHAMPS! ._.

no no no, you guys got it all wrong - do not nerf champs...

make the other classes stronger-

give hawkers (scouts and raiders) faster m-speed passives (so they are faster then a champ)

clerics need an m-speed passive... badly.

their def is fine, their ap is fine. however this is true they shouldn't be "the fastest class"

however my buddy spent a whole lot of zullie and reall life money making an mspeed champ - this would make me sad; very sad - if his mspeed got nurfed.

srrsly, champs should NOT have mute. The skill shouldn't be "nurfed" it should just be removed from that class - clerics and mages are the only class's that should have mute.

Agree, since mute are said to be magical. Only mages and clerics should have them.

#36 shibby

shibby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:55 AM

a lot of champs are so fast because they use lots of mspeed gear during UW. they can do this because their other stats are so strong. i definitely think they should have the highest AP and solid def because they are soldiers. the mspeed should be reduced (preferably only for pvp situations) and they should have a little lower def.

this isn't the subject on hand, but defense as a whole should work better. and don't bother giving knights more hp passive, unless they fix the entire high HP mess.

#37 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:16 AM

I think the champ mute is too short to be a problem for anyone.

As for the m speed, any class can be fast I also see clerics or bourgs etc zooming around in UWs, the thing wiht champs is that they can use m speed gear while keeping acceptable stats to survive pretty well.

#38 Silwok

Silwok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

a lot of champs are so fast because they use lots of mspeed gear during UW. they can do this because their other stats are so strong. i definitely think they should have the highest AP and solid def because they are soldiers. the mspeed should be reduced (preferably only for pvp situations) and they should have a little lower def. this isn't the subject on hand, but defense as a whole should work better. and don't bother giving knights more hp passive, unless they fix the entire high HP mess.

Actually i'd say a mage should have the highest AP but also be the most fragile

I think the champ mute is too short to be a problem for anyone.As for the m speed, any class can be fast I also see clerics or bourgs etc zooming around in UWs, the thing wiht champs is that they can use m speed gear while keeping acceptable stats to survive pretty well.

Them bourgs you've seen zooming around uw will be in pure movespeed gear and won't be able to do anything other than run around. Champs on the other hand not only have pro ap + defense, they are also the fastest in the game fullstop.

#39 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:50 AM

Actually i'd say a mage should have the highest AP but also be the most fragile

Them bourgs you've seen zooming around uw will be in pure movespeed gear and won't be able to do anything other than run around. Champs on the other hand not only have pro ap + defense, they are also the fastest in the game fullstop.

That was kindov the point, the other class is relatively "easy" to kill in m speed gear, whereas champs are not.

#40 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

Agree, since mute are said to be magical. Only mages and clerics should have them.

SEE SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!

take mute of their class NOW!

k thnx bi

#41 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

Plasma falcon is magical. Should that be taken away from raiders? So is mystic knife.
Soul wreck is magical. Should that be taken away from soldiers?

You guys are confused with what the real problem is. This 5 second mute that takes 2 seconds to caste isn't what is killing you.

#42 twitch

twitch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1404 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:06 PM

here i go again getting nerfed again :unsure: anyways,definitely my idea's are... change quickstep to 10% max lvl 5 (same lvl max) 2% each level (currently @ 25%) and completely take out the defense passive in basic side also take out the last 2 hp passives (so we only have 2) and transfer the other two in knight tree that way we lose hp and knights will still have the same hp (hence the tanking ability)we lose movement speed,def,hp. as far as taking out the mute i honestly disagree with that...because yes its a "magical" skill yet its only 5 sec's compared to a clerc/mage's mute which is 10sec's hmm yet instead of "nerfing" it; make it harder to get currently its 1 power overflow 3 howl n 3 mute (for 100% success), why not make the champs that want it spend a little bit more ex:power overflow 5 howl 5 mute 5 and give it maybe 2-3 secs more cooldown just a couple suggestions think this will fix about everything..?

#43 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:30 PM

You guys are confused with what the real problem is. This 5 second mute that takes 2 seconds to caste isn't what is killing you.

So true.

#44 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Location21º 18' N, 157º 51' W

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

i used to think champs were overpowered too, but if you actually get a good look at champs, w/o buffs and jellies, think about it.

if you do a comparison with all other classes.

Champs vs arti=win
Champs vs bourgs=win mostly, with a chance of losing due to stuns on bombs and skills
Champs vs cleric=lose
Champs vs mage=lose
Champs vs raiders=lose
Champs vs scout=lose/win~mostly lose
Champs vs knight lose

So they arnt as overpowered as you think, but they do get a bit better when looked at with buffs because from what I see, out of all classes, they have the least amount of self buffs.

#45 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

SEE SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!

take mute of their class NOW!

k thnx bi

does that mean every other class with magic attacks need to be nerfed too? idk how your logic works

#46 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

i used to think champs were overpowered too, but if you actually get a good look at champs, w/o buffs and jellies, think about it.

if you do a comparison with all other classes.

Champs vs arti=win
Champs vs bourgs=win mostly, with a chance of losing due to stuns on bombs and skills
Champs vs cleric=lose
Champs vs mage=lose
Champs vs raiders=lose
Champs vs scout=lose/win~mostly lose
Champs vs knight lose

So they arnt as overpowered as you think, but they do get a bit better when looked at with buffs because from what I see, out of all classes, they have the least amount of self buffs.

Probably only u .

Edited by Span, 15 November 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#47 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Mike that chart looks pretty inaccurate. Besides most of this discussion is related to full buffed union wars and other wars (hell even pvm too), not soley 1v1 self buffed tg pvp's, (and even then the matchups are probably even at worst (champ vs mage/raider etc.)

#48 Irtofu

Irtofu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:01 PM

Mike that chart looks pretty inaccurate. Besides most of this discussion is related to full buffed union wars and other wars (hell even pvm too), not soley 1v1 self buffed tg pvp's, (and even then the matchups are probably even at worst (champ vs mage/raider etc.)

like which part are u referring to? I dont see anything wrong with it

#49 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:49 PM

Hmm... this thread and suggestions seem familiar...

Way to go Gravity, they should be commended for being so quick with changes and balancing. :lol:

#50 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

like which part are u referring to? I dont see anything wrong with it

any champ that loses to a cleric as is now deserves to be shot imo

1v1 raiders vs champs is more or less balanced until you throw in buffs once buffs come into play champs start off with a heavy advantage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users