An "Intelligent" Discussion about Champs - Page 4 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

An "Intelligent" Discussion about Champs

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#76 AlisiaMT

AlisiaMT

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1149 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:09 PM

Clerics definately more m-spd and take away the atk spell reqs to learn the passive def tiers

+1

My cleric is pretty fast but when I unequip my spd gear and am debuffed I am such a turtle :p_devil: . I am FS so why the hell would I want the offense magics. It's frusterating that I have to learn them to get to the def passives when I'm never even gonna use the attacks :) Idk if changing that would tweak the def advantage too much though because as of this moment I haven't learned the def skill available to me w/o learning offensive skills.

#77 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:36 AM

+1

My cleric is pretty fast but when I unequip my spd gear and am debuffed I am such a turtle <_< . I am FS so why the hell would I want the offense magics. It's frusterating that I have to learn them to get to the def passives when I'm never even gonna use the attacks Posted Image Idk if changing that would tweak the def advantage too much though because as of this moment I haven't learned the def skill available to me w/o learning offensive skills.

The attack skill prereq.s for mystic armor and so on are kinda weird but then again the stuns are not bad. Both cleric stuns can be cast seperatly and the second cleric one is aoe for a short range stun. Even if you are just FS they can help alot, slow down enemies while they attack you or prevent people from dashing off after a raid attack. You are a full support cleric, not just a buffs and heals, if you go for def you expect to get hurt/hit so you might as well help there.

Anyone who has been to war knows champs are still very strong, the pot nerf kinda changed the whole I-Will-Tank-Everyone deal but 5 champs running mid aoeing can still do amazing dmg. I agree with some posts here that either champs need to get less def or less hp as a trade off for their high ap ( and kinda aspd now). Knights are meatshields, crossbow or other. Beserk used to have a awesome ap buff but def down debuff on you. Granted the ammount of ap it gave will not work now but something like this might help too.

#78 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:00 AM

IMO with the exceptions of all the debuffing champs do they are pretty balanced.
I think other classes are off.
The Hawker class more m-spd than Champs
Clerics definately more m-spd and take away the atk spell reqs to learn the passive def tiers
Mage unsure as I don't currently have one
Arti not really meant for battle in my personal opinion but a little more ap and maybe a aoe of sort for lvling
Bourgs yet again unsure but seem ok as they have pretty good ap and ranged atks

So debuffing mixed with stun and mute is what makes it unbalanced IMO
but if they didn't debuff stun and mute wouldn't seem so bad i think

and yes i have a champ

ahh - I agree with someone. hurray! (for the most part)

Increase the m-speed of other chars

bourgs could use more mspeed (not really but that'd just be freaking epic for me)

and everyone knows I want mute on champs gone or very badly nurfed; but thats not going to happen, so Ima have to live with it.

However - everyone knows if champs gets nurfed anymore - or any class for that matter gets nurfed; people are going to be upset -

If other classes are made stronger - everyone wins, no one complains.

The way I look at this whole situation - is what can the devs do with the least amount of people complaining.

I don't have a fullsupport cleric - So I can't really comment on the attack and deff thingy; But I think having that AOE stun is far more important then a firegon - without the firegon; You should have the skill points to learn it... (should)

Edited by CaNehDa, 20 November 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#79 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 05:15 PM

However - everyone knows if champs gets nurfed anymore - or any class for that matter gets nurfed; people are going to be upset -

If other classes are made stronger - everyone wins, no one complains.

until people realise that they dont need other players to farm/pvp/have fun with then they get bored and quit due to the fact that they are overpowered.

you cannot please everyone with new patches but if people leave because they got a nerf to be brought down to the other classes level then were better off without them. its not about hating a class or a particular person its about game balance nothing more. dont believe me go and take a look at some other mmo forums see how much they cry when they get a small nerf but they still stick around

#80 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

until people realise that they dont need other players to farm/pvp/have fun with then they get bored and quit due to the fact that they are overpowered.

idk - I think for the most part champs cant really solo - So I don't see why other classes could if they where made similar str.

and most people complain about champs being faster then a raider - make a raider slightly faster- I don't see how that would make them be able to solo farm any better.

Champs have an over powered AP?

Look at Mages AP - much stronger.

Champs have too much deff?

look at a knights deff

the combanation of both make them overpowered;

They are champs! they are made to be the strongest class!!!

*sings we are the champions*

tbh - Like I said - I have my freinds champ account - and I only like to use it for the soul purpous to kill a pk'er that thinks he can run away with IM cart.

I think the classes are fine - and the only thing thats really over powered on a champ is their mute - Get rid of this and they will be a whole lot weaker at 1vrs1 - although I have seen champs that can kill my battle cleric without mute - but I have only spent like 400m on my cleric - so this is understandable I get owned by someone else that has 1 bill worth of gear or more.

Edited by CaNehDa, 20 November 2010 - 06:51 PM.

#81 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:59 PM

Remove mutes off champion then reduce muse's mute duration by 5 seconds since 5 second is already 'overpowered' enough . Fair enough ? Posted Image

#82 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

yeah i can see now nerfing would make champs complain
just improve other classes to make it balance

and to all the people who thinks champ should be the best class because their called CHAMPION
thats BS!
they need to maintain BALANCE to the game for people to play other classes
their the best buffed class cause they got all those passives
only passive they lack is mdef and evasion

Edited by Gwyn, 20 November 2010 - 07:20 PM.

#83 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

yeah i can see now nerfing would make champs complain
just improve other classes to make it balance

and to all the people who thinks champ should be the best class because their called CHAMPION
thats BS!
they need to maintain BALANCE to the game for people to play other classes
their the best buffed class cause they got all those passives
only passive they lack is mdef and evasion

Ur a smart one , try learning EVERY passive for champions and still be able to get active skills , i'd call u master if u manage to do it .

#84 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

ure not gonna learn EVERY passive
but its possible to learn all the IMPORTANT passive that makes them IMBA
giving their raw stat higher therefore when buffed theyd be more powerfull
champs get the accuracy from 2hand sword skill passive even if they wear axe or spear
give us ure skill build here and lemme see how many passives u got <_<

#85 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:30 PM

I think the classes are fine - and the only thing thats really over powered on a champ is their mute - Get rid of this and they will be a whole lot weaker at 1vrs1 - although I have seen champs that can kill my battle cleric without mute - but I have only spent like 400m on my cleric - so this is understandable I get owned by someone else that has 1 bill worth of gear or more.

The mute which takes 2 seconds to caste, lasts only 5 seconds and has 24 second cooldown is not what makes champs overpowered and will not stop them from running train on you even if it is removed. All it would do is make them slightly weaker in 1v1 situations. From what I hear Draconis doesn't even have active uw's so this may not be something you can really grasp.

#86 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:26 PM

ure not gonna learn EVERY passive
but its possible to learn all the IMPORTANT passive that makes them IMBA
giving their raw stat higher therefore when buffed theyd be more powerfull
champs get the accuracy from 2hand sword skill passive even if they wear axe or spear
give us ure skill build here and lemme see how many passives u got <_<

Im not gonna give mine ... so http://rose.kuro-tejina.com/

The mute which takes 2 seconds to caste, lasts only 5 seconds and has 24 second cooldown is not what makes champs overpowered and will not stop them from running train on you even if it is removed. All it would do is make them slightly weaker in 1v1 situations. From what I hear Draconis doesn't even have active uw's so this may not be something you can really grasp.

We need to split draconis and leonis servers on forums ..

Edited by Span, 20 November 2010 - 09:26 PM.

#87 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

All it would do is make them slightly weaker in 1v1 situations. From what I hear Draconis doesn't even have active uw's so this may not be something you can really grasp.

lol; You have no idea how many wars I have started <_<

#88 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

yeah UW are ghey
we need a real clan war system
ive experienced a 4 hr clan war in draconis <_<
such pointless killing no one gained anything
even bragging rights even if u win coz people will not know that ure the victor

ok give me ure active skill build then
from that we can tell how many possible passives u can get

#89 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

ok give me ure active skill build then
from that we can tell how many possible passives u can get

Im not providing infos about my build Posted Image , the only thing i can say is that its not possible to get every passives without losing anything or either way .

#90 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

idk - I think for the most part champs cant really solo - So I don't see why other classes could if they where made similar str.

champs can solo farm ezily, iuno what ur talking about lol...

and most people complain about champs being faster then a raider - make a raider slightly faster- I don't see how that would make them be able to solo farm any better.

the point is not to solo faster but get around uw. champs can chase down raider in uw without much problem.

Champs have an over powered AP?

Look at Mages AP - much stronger. look at their defense in comparison..?

Champs have too much deff?

look at a knights deff look at their AP in comparison

the combanation of both make them overpowered;

They are champs! they are made to be the strongest class!!! same logic can be said about raiders, they're suppose to be fasted. are they?

NO

just because a class is called champion, it doesnt mean they have to be the strongest. there shouldnt be a "strongest" class in a balanced mmo. theres always a cycle, cept in rose's case, champs break the cycle.

*sings we are the champions*

tbh - Like I said - I have my freinds champ account - and I only like to use it for the soul purpous to kill a pk'er that thinks he can run away with IM cart.

u do realize a lot of the people saying champs are OP arent concerned much with 1v1 but rather in UW. since ur in drac, u wouldnt know.

#91 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

There is not much difference to UW then there is to a massive clan war involving 3 clans on each side +

I've gotten my arse handed to me worse by a raider and a scout that were geared up properly then many champs... again like I said previously - My gear is no where near done - my helm is still un-refined- and thats the only peice of EQ other then my wand I actually intend on keeping.

I do believe I also stated that raiders should have their m-speed increased; if you want to run away from your oh so feared champ - then yea...

My recomendation - if your getting your arse handed to you this bad; Try learning how to play <_< (a very strong party is very important in UW)

I hate the logic that just because your on Draconis you don't know how to war...

How bout you come on this server - get your friends to join with you; and in 4 months or so when you finish gearing up all the chars - ask me to war with you 6vrs6 with my friends; you will lose, I promise.

#92 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

There is not much difference to UW then there is to a massive clan war involving 3 clans on each side +

I've gotten my arse handed to me worse by a raider and a scout that were geared up properly then many champs... again like I said previously - My gear is no where near done - my helm is still un-refined- and thats the only peice of EQ other then my wand I actually intend on keeping.

I do believe I also stated that raiders should have their m-speed increased; if you want to run away from your oh so feared champ - then yea...

My recomendation - if your getting your arse handed to you this bad; Try learning how to play <_< (a very strong party is very important in UW)

I hate the logic that just because your on Draconis you don't know how to war...

How bout you come on this server - get your friends to join with you; and in 4 months or so when you finish gearing up all the chars - ask me to war with you 6vrs6 with my friends; you will lose, I promise.

i would disagree on you abt this
6v6 IMHO is not considered a war
thats gonna be called party duel
a real war would consist of at least 20 or more people from their own clan + another bunch of people from their allies
the game style of having 12 people fight it out would be different with 40+ people

#93 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

i would disagree on you abt this
6v6 IMHO is not considered a war
thats gonna be called party duel
a real war would consist of at least 20 or more people from their own clan + another bunch of people from their allies
the game style of having 12 people fight it out would be different with 40+ people

I never said the 6vrs6 would be a war - just saying that a well built party can take out another party that even though they have strong chars - would be owned by the party that was built better.

I've war'ed on your side before - and yea - that one war really wasn't so much of a war as it was onesided one second, and then other sided the next min.

idk tho - I guess you got a point tho...

I have been in union wars before - but that was in iRose...

respond to my pm tho! <_<

Edited by CaNehDa, 20 November 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#94 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:55 PM

How about i give u 4 months and u train a champion for me <_< . i promise i won't lose .

#95 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

How about i give u 4 months and u train a champion for me <_< . i promise i won't lose .

make it one month - and have it be on Draconis.

:)

#96 Span

Span

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts
  • LocationNot a clue ...

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:59 PM

make it one month - and have it be on Draconis.

<_<

How about i give u 4 months and u train a champion for me :) . i promise i won't lose .

Posted Image

Edited by Span, 20 November 2010 - 11:59 PM.

#97 Gwyn

Gwyn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

I never said the 6vrs6 would be a war - just saying that a well built party can take out another party that even though they have strong chars - would be owned by the party that was built better.

I've war'ed on your side before - and yea - that one war really wasn't so much of a war as it was onesided one second, and then other sided the next min.

idk tho - I guess you got a point tho...

I have been in union wars before - but that was in iRose...

respond to my pm tho! <_<

oh sorry i did not see ure pm's i never use that function
i never see u pm me ingame tho and i was just talkin with u a while a ago :)
with ure crafter remember?

#98 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:16 AM

oh sorry i did not see ure pm's i never use that function
i never see u pm me ingame tho and i was just talkin with u a while a ago <_<
with ure crafter remember?

yea but you ignored me shortly after :P

I need more s7's :)

#99 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

if u think people complain because they are being owned by champs then ur wrong. many of these players are champ players. and the ones who arent can very well take on champs on their raiders/scouts/whatevers.

just because people say champs are OP doesnt mean they are bad losers.

lol@ ur empty threat. gl with that one. the equal can be applied to u. lmfao

#100 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

many of these players are champ players. and the ones who arent can very well take on champs on their raiders/scouts/whatevers.

Ok so - Where is the issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users