(V)adHatter's Dual Dagger Crit GX Guide - Page 8 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

(V)adHatter's Dual Dagger Crit GX Guide

• Please log in to reply
1086 replies to this topic

#176 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

Was just asking @_@

There are better options than the crown, which is basically a beefed up little feather hat for GXes...

And although I said it exists in jRO, I didn't say it is the only server that has it :/

Besides, didn't skull cap come from jRO?

#177 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

I have to say, some of the headgear among those seem pretty damn OP. I'm king of hoping we won't see those in iRO.

#178 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, it's true that jRO has tons of OP gear, to the point where it's overkill. They keep releasing effects on gear that get longer and longer every time.

Most OP one I've seen so far is a mid gear called Gambler's Seal. Sounds great to have, but would break the balance of the game...

EDIT: in case people are interested in how broken the seal is, link below + translated effect:

http://www.divine-pr...e/item/5918/jRO

Gambler Seal[0]
Type: Headgear
Defense: 0
Slot: Mid
Weight: 50
Required Level: 70
Jobs: All job classes

CRIT + 3
Increase critical damage by 3%.
Reduce damage taken from Arrow Storm and Gates of Hell by 10%.

For every 10 base LUK,
CRIT + 1, atk + 2, matk + 2

If base LUK is 108 and above,
Additional CRIT + 5,
Critical damage + 10%.

If base LUK is 120 and above,
Additional CRIT + 10,
Critical damage + 17%,
Further reduce damage from Arrow Storm and Gates of Hell by 30%.

For every 10 base DEX,
Critical damage - 2%.

Truly, the most broken piece of gear that I do not wish to see in iRO. The penalty doesn't even apply in most cases. Scary...

Edited by ShinKokuryuu, 05 December 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#179 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:13 AM

Yeah no, no chance of that coming to iRO.

#180 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:50 PM

Gambler Seal would be nice if it didnt have the over kill -40% dmg off of Arrow Storm and Gate of Hell :heh:

#181 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:52 PM

Err it has a potential of +31 crit, 30% crit damage, 26 atk and 26 matk... On a slotted mid headgear... How is that not OP as hell?

#182 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

Eventually we will be getting "sealed" MVP cards obtainable from lucky box. and MVP like shadow gear sets...not sure how +31 crit, 30% crit damage, 26 atk and 26 matk is more op than those just getting  more OP stuff coming around now :heh:

Edited by YangeWenli, 06 December 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#183 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:01 PM

Nah we won't get those sealed MVP cards. kRO already sent the data over and the GMs haven been removing them from every box they should have been in. Also, the MVP shadow gear are unlikely to come here either.

#184 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

Nah we won't get those sealed MVP cards. kRO already sent the data over and the GMs haven been removing them from every box they should have been in. Also, the MVP shadow gear are unlikely to come here either.

Since when? I need to read forum more :p_swt: .

#185 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:05 PM

It's something Oda said in a stream a while back I believe.

#186 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

We're getting penetration Shadow gear tho. i hope we do actually. 

And yes they should have those info already.

#187 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

I asked Oda about the MVP shadow gear some time ago and he said he wasn't sure. The community backlash would be pretty big, even though their effects are basically ignoring def against one race, drake card effect or mistress card effect. (There is no Thanatos effect, only samurai specter, kind of.)

#188 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

I asked Oda about the MVP shadow gear some time ago and he said he wasn't sure. The community backlash would be pretty big, even though their effects are basically ignoring def against one race, drake card effect or mistress card effect. (There is no Thanatos effect, only samurai specter, kind of.)

http://www.divine-pr.../item/24166/kRO

its all monster, and it isn't too overpowered. it just means 20% overall damage increase from your current damage. meaning, if you were doing 50k~55k RC per hit, you will be doing 60k~66k with these ring/pendant on.

#189 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

Not exactly how def works in renewal. For example at 400 def, if the reduction  is 30% and you ignore 20% def, it would be like if the monster had 320 def and a reduction of 23%. In that case, if you originally did 1000 damage before def, you would only do 10% more damage from 20% def ignoring.

Those numbers are just an example, but it's not a straight 20% damage increase and against low def monsters it would mean nothing at all. Ice pick already ignores def anyway and I doubt this would make anything other than ice pick a better option for this build on high def targets.

EDIT: Apparently there is also an eddga one now, better than the actual card too... Also I can't find place I saw the def ignoring for race ones at first anymore, guess they got badly translated or something?

EDIT 2: There we go http://www.divine-pr...s-shadow-weapon

In the case of these def ignoring sets... I'm hoping they don't make it here otherwise some things will probably start getting out of control.

Edited by Omnipheles, 06 December 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#190 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:46 PM

Not exactly how def works in renewal. For example at 400 def, if the reduction  is 30% and you ignore 20% def, it would be like if the monster had 320 def and a reduction of 23%. In that case, if you originally did 1000 damage before def, you would only do 10% more damage from 20% def ignoring.

Those numbers are just an example, but it's not a straight 20% damage increase and against low def monsters it would mean nothing at all. Ice pick already ignores def anyway and I doubt this would make anything other than ice pick a better option for this build on high def targets.

EDIT: Apparently there is also an eddga one now, better than the actual card too...

Status DEF = [BaseLevel/2+vit/2+Agi/5]
Equipment DEF = (4000+Equip DEF)/[(4000+Equip DEF)*10]

at Equip DEF 10, damage reduction is 2%, it adds +2% each up until 60 DEF, which is 12%. Then it adds 1% per 10 DEF up until 300. Then .05% from onward so 400 DEF is 45% reduction.

As far as i know, there are 2 different ways on how DEF ignore applies. Thanatos and SS is additive damage per 1 def. So DEF works as modifier. I don't know exact formula for this unfortunately. And as far as I know, Penetration ring behaves like Thana/SS. Which makes 20% additive damage instead of reducing the reduction. (I might be wrong on this because my speculation is from test comparing penetration and without. number was definitely 20% additive, i could be wrong)

edit: Anything thats ridiculous in jRO is something they altered, but anything that kRO releases are considered as "vanilla." That being said, Penetration set isn't as bad as what people think on iRO. 

Edited by CharAznable, 06 December 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#191 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

Well ignoring all def is definitely a game changer for some classes.

As far as thanatos goes, I believe what it does now in renewal is ignore all def then add 1 atk per 2 hard def the enemy has. SS is just ignore all def, that's what I understood from it anyway. Guess we'll have to test it if the set comes here.

As far as the numbers I used earlier go, they were just an example. I know they aren't correct.

Anyway, if you are correct, 2 shadow accessories adding 20% raw damage is kind of a pretty big deal.

Edited by Omnipheles, 06 December 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#192 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:03 PM

Well ignoring all def is definitely a game changer for some classes.

As far as thanatos goes, I believe what it does now in renewal is ignore all def then add 1 atk per 2 hard def the enemy has. SS is just ignore all def, that's what I understood from it anyway. Guess we'll have to test it if the set comes here.

As far as the numbers I used earlier go, they were just an example. I know they aren't correct.

As a set it only ignores Physical DEF of Angel Type Monster only. Its not against all. 

I was just giving you correct version in case if you didn't know about exact formula. If you knew correctly then you can ignore the post, it can still be great addition to your guide however. 

#193 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

Well that's as long as those items come here. Personally I hope not. As for the one race thing, it's for one race I know, but there's more than one of those, so you can just switch accordingly.

#194 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

this is gonna stir the pot

but given how overpriced a thanatos is right now, i dont mind the gears at all =P HEHEHEH

#195 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

Well that's as long as those items come here. Personally I hope not. As for the one race thing, it's for one race I know, but there's more than one of those, so you can just switch accordingly.

Personally, kinda hope that it comes here(since its vanilla), just disable it on PvP/WoE should do imo. I just don't like the fact that people just have "assumption" and "speculation" that this will be far more unbalancing that what it is. kRO didn't had much impact with this set's introduction. and now that we're getting larger scaled monsters, this is actually much needed. Infinity set was great addition as well. at least we should get that very soon(size).

this is gonna stir the pot

but given how overpriced a thanatos is right now, i dont mind the gears at all =P HEHEHEH

Thana isn't overpriced at all. Thana goes for 1k us dollar in kRO last I checked. Its just that op.

Edited by CharAznable, 06 December 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#196 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

Personally I don't mind the ones like mistress and eddga much, but the ones that can have a pretty large impact on damage I kind of do. But if they do come... If you can't beat em, join em.

#197 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

Personally, kinda hope that it comes here(since its vanilla), just disable it on PvP/WoE should do imo. I just don't like the fact that people just have "assumption" and "speculation" that this will be far more unbalancing that what it is. kRO didn't had much impact with this set's introduction. and now that we're getting larger scaled monsters, this is actually much needed. Infinity set was great addition as well. at least we should get that very soon(size).

Thana isn't overpriced at all. Thana goes for 1k us dollar in kRO last I checked. Its just that op.

1k is cheap

130B for the last thanatos card = almost 10x that price no?

so yeah it needs to be taken down, either with quips, or thanatos mvp summon =P

#198 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

1k is cheap

130B for the last thanatos card = almost 10x that price no?

so yeah it needs to be taken down, either with quips, or thanatos mvp summon =P

1k is pretty expansive considering Zeny:RM ratio is really bad in kRO. Its always case by case.

Edited by CharAznable, 06 December 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#199 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

"We routinely remove the sealed MVP cards from the boxes that are sent to us. We have no plans to sell them."

KRO has had these items for years IDK why people dont want these on our server...not like few would have them alot would have :p_swt:

#200 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

It's not like whatever kRO does is right. Whatever works in Korea doesn't always work everywhere else. It's why you see some games having a huge success in Korea and fail miserably in the US and vice versa. Having cards like that in boxes makes them a bit TOO easy to obtain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users