(V)adHatter's Dual Dagger Crit GX Guide - Page 9 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

(V)adHatter's Dual Dagger Crit GX Guide

• Please log in to reply
1086 replies to this topic

#201 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

doesn't stop me craving the gears ... it's not good, lol

#202 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

Since my GX is 150/50 I can't do DD Crit build? I can't just use a Neuralizer and not get double atk? 

#203 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:13 AM

If you job changed from High Thief at job 42 or less, otherwise you're required to use all your first job stats, and you would be forced to get DA

#204 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

If you job changed from High Thief at job 42 or less, otherwise you're required to use all your first job stats, and you would be forced to get DA

Well that sucks lol. Seems difficult to level a GX built like this unless you plan to just mvp level. I probably wont be making a new GX. I'll watch you guys and see if its worth it later lol. The vids are great so far though. I am impressed. 

I'll stick with leveling my Sura and Genetic first I guess. 

#205 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:17 AM

I just made a Baphomet Ice Pick, gonna be testing it out a bit and tell you all how it goes. This high TI isn't really good for it since there's lots of passive mobs and Menblatt have more than 1 cell range, but I might go old GH tonight to test it out.

#206 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

Oh and new video: Nidhoggur's Shadow... sucks that it has such low def, makes it into a slow kill.

#207 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

Ok tested and Baphomet Card in offhand does make it much easier for mobbing (splashes for 4-8k for me on most things). Also cleans up MVP summons pretty quickly with the EQs and the Magnum Breaks.

#208 Riemn

Riemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:44 AM

Those splashes are due to normal (white damage number) hits from your off-hand?

Edited by Riemn, 08 December 2014 - 04:34 AM.

#209 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:27 AM

The ones in those videos are from EQ, the Baphomet ones are different. I didn't need to use Baphomet against Nidhoggur.

#210 Riemn

Riemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:34 AM

When I said "Those splashes" I was not referring to the ones on  the video, but the ones you mentioned on your post just below the video's post.

#211 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:57 AM

Is it true that splash damage doesn't crit then? Considering the damage being significantly lower than your normal crits. I'm somewhat interested in whether baphomet helps with dps since you end up sacrificing a weapon slot.

#212 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

Bapho's splashes appear as white hits, but are based on a separate formula that does not crit due to it being counted as skill damage.

Bapho helps for mobbing and slaves, not for 1v1, but as long as there is more than one target, you end up doing more total damage.

Edited by Omnipheles, 08 December 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#213 mcbinladen

mcbinladen

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hi i plan in making a DD Crit based on your guide, i was wondering why having 40~80 dex if i am crit based? Should i put dex points to level up then reset stats using the Christmas NPC?

#214 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

The dex is kind of useful for the offhand to hit because of how the offhand works. It "crits" but still needs a hit to do so. Doesn't seem like much, but a few k more worth of damage and more hit rate for when you want to use skills isn't negligible. Although this is only a guideline, you can ignore dex completely and get more Str/Vit if you want and not use as many skills like RC for leveling and such. Dark Claw doesn't need to hit to activate its secondary effect though.

#215 mcbinladen

mcbinladen

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:20 PM

How crit works how many luck i need to reliable dump dex?

#216 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

Dark Claw vids!

#217 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

Since I traded most of my gear for a GTB card in a pretty good deal, I won't be making more videos, but I will still answer questions, calc stuff and update this guide as more stuff gets added, so if other people have videos, feel free to post them.

#218 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

Hey!! So im starting my own DD Crit GX following the lower budget build and wondering what i can do to improve dmg(after i get the rest of my item) current look at my GX 96 crit without any crit food/consumableAgYaYCH.jpg?1 can reach 192 aspd with Awake,agi5 from candy,and of course celermine. I was testing my dmg on academy eggs and the dmg with poison enchant venom impress and weap perfect was 10k area and with dark claw i was doing Vads dmg for about 5 secs :heh:.i want to improve this help me D: Im

missing about 10% aspd 4 from FAW 1 from pegasus and 5 from another glorious ring which i think

would be enough aspd to replace mercury riser.

Edited by YangeWenli, 11 December 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#219 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

Changing the other RWC ring for a glorious would probably get you that 193 or close enough. What's your shadow gear like?

For your crit you'll want to use Buche de Noel and +20 luk food constantly for an easy +13-14 crit, those are pretty cheap too. Shadow Physical set and a dullahan pet would help your damage a bit too. As for the mercury riser, I would have used an angra mantis card personally, since adding crit damage at the point you're at would be pretty great.

After that, you could start aiming for bakos, replacing your mercury riser at that point for a Little Feather Hat or White Drooping Eddga (I prefer LFH since it's constant) OR once you get that second bako, you could try dropping some more points into luk and go for 120 luk next so you can use temp luk boots for a lot more crit damage. There are plenty of ways for your damage to increase from there. You can also use Abrasives and switch to an Ice Pick with Aunoe in it.

#220 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

my only shadow gear atm is +7 crit shadow armor :heh: .The mercury happened to be only one i can find XD.Yea trying to buy some more OPB for second glorious >.< ill work on these other things thanks! :p_love:

#221 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

testing Dark Claw on Roots with sorc and AB buffs. on my DD-DA GX though. will try on DD crit GX some times later. the damage still can be improved since im only using +9 weapons :(

lEwunak.jpg

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 11 December 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#222 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

Dark Claw is amazing. True story.

#223 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

pretty damn true story, i tried yesterday and i was dealing 130k to root with my DD DA gx. and my weapon arent even that good

#224 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:16 PM

After some slight testing, it seems that what I read about on dark claw in jRO is true: casting heal on a wounded monster removes the status.

Do note that this means dark claw wouldn't be very effective on bosses that heal themselves, or have mobs that heal them.

Next thing I'm not sure about: the damage increase of dark claw only applies to the user? Or do the melee attacks of other people attacking the target get boosted as well?

#225 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

It applies to everyone who melee the target. Even healing removing it, its not much of an issue for most of mvps, there are litle mvp who spam heal the whole time(eg. satan morroc, its his mob actually)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users