[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23* - Page 122 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3727 replies to this topic

#3026 indigensDeo

indigensDeo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:slightly Ok THOR

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:48 AM

Just a wild idea but:
Did somebody make a mistake in the item removal script or query?
As some of the forbidden and over-upgraded items got onto Thor, I can't help but wonder... Was there an input being used unescaped which could potentially have ruined a lot of the migration item ownership data? Is there a before cleaning, and after cleaning state of the migration data?
Is there any way the community could help out one way or another to look into the issues?

I'm not a pRO player, but hope that possibly my suggestions and thoughts brought to the thread could help our new iRO (former pRO) players out.

edit: clarification

Well the source of All mess was the LU company that held pRO they gave that March 24th corrupt data with numerous errors and have gone psycho coz they forgot they held the closing ceremony.

We're notifying the CM/GMs too also until today that there are still overups, restricted items and mvps that got through hoping that their working time is almost near. There are still alot of unresolved issues

Both WP and kRO devs handled the migration data and noticed that it was corrupted so for the sake of implementing THOR, they decided to wipe out all kafra, inventories and equips of the affected accounts and the casualty was 500 characters as per Oda said.

We're clueless on how will we get help but I appreciate your concern and right now were hungry for WPs answer and maybe that will open doors and windows or close them at all

#3027 indigensDeo

indigensDeo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:53 AM

It's all LU's fault for giving the CORRUPTED DATA to WP and WP are having a hard time on what to do, even with kRO staff's help.

so, how can it be resolve then? huhuhuhuhu im so new here and a noob at the same time

another paradigm shift T_T lost all my L337 gears T_T

ps

nid 2 cri sum moar T_T

man the mora set is useless to those who still have their items from pro /swt they said their going to downgrade items from +13-+20 and turn it to +12 instead it turned into knife and cotton shirt /sigh

its almost 8 in the morning at WPs office in California, we can expect some answers soon
#HiWP!Well?

#3028 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 05:56 AM

Once data is corrupted,there's really no way to work with it to correct the corruption. Only thing they could do is ask Level Up for another copy of the data and hope it's not corrupted, but at this point I think Level Up had washed their hands of everything and probably won't cooperate.

#3029 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:08 AM

its almost 8 in the morning at WPs office in California, we can expect some answers soon
#HiWP!Well?

It's already 8am and no RO staff is online yet. :wah:

Once data is corrupted,there's really no way to work with it to correct the corruption. Only thing they could do is ask Level Up for another copy of the data and hope it's not corrupted, but at this point I think Level Up had washed their hands of everything and probably won't cooperate.

Very true. Knowing the very bad reputation LU has, this will be the case.

Off-topic: Wait, WUT? http://forums.warppo...s&section=stats

#3030 PeaceMaker360

PeaceMaker360

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Locationphilippines
  • Server:THOR

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

man the mora set is useless to those who still have their items from pro /swt they said their going to downgrade items from +13-+20 and turn it to +12 instead it turned into knife and cotton shirt /sigh

yup i was expecting the FAQ 

while the fallen500 including me are stabbing something with a knife there are overups, zennys etc that are transfered

its just unfair all the promises </3 somebody posted that they are buying items worth 100m and i thought they wiped the storages of the opportunist 

just waiting for a miracle if theres any TY for the Warportal for giving us a chance again i hope you can fix this problems

0MApZOw_700wa_0.gif

#3031 indigensDeo

indigensDeo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

It's already 8am and no RO staff is online yet. :wah:

Very true. Knowing the very bad reputation LU has, this will be the case.

Off-topic: Wait, WUT? http://forums.warppo...s&section=stats

Maybe at 9 or 10 or at coffee or brainstorming < This

Screw LU, but I'll try ranting on them once again wish me luck

#3032 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:34 AM

Must... Not... Yet... Sleep...

Once I fell sleep, I'll be awake when the CMs are already offline. :wah:

#3033 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila
  • Server:Chaos / New Chaos / Thor

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

By the way, I still have my Sropho Card. I wonder if it works?

Lucky you. I have around 40pcs of Sropho Cards in my Kafra Storage before migration and it was all wiped out, even if it's not in the excluded list. :(

#3034 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

Lucky you. I have around 40pcs of Sropho Cards in my Kafra Storage before migration and it was all wiped out, even if it's not in the excluded list. :(

they're not on the excluded list but Oda has mentioned that iRO will not be getting the sropho card, and Campitor confirmed that the card effects are commented out anyway so it will do zilch even if people have it carded on Thor.

#3035 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

If you bought them after March 24, It's not included and therefore wiped out.

I also have my Mastelas increased when it's already 15,000pcs on the last day because I wasted many after that date and now it returns to 25,000pcs in my storage. :wah:

Lucky you too. :( I stored 30,000 pcs of Mastela Fruits in my Kafra before March 24 and they were all wiped out. :(

Other items that are not in the excluded for migration list such as Ghost Chills, Will of Warriors and Blood Thirsts were also wiped out. I have around 9,000+ of those each. I'm sooooo wretched. :(

#3036 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

they're not on the excluded list but Oda has mentioned that iRO will not be getting the sropho card, and Campitor confirmed that the card effects are commented out anyway so it will do zilch even if people have it carded on Thor.

Thanks for the clarification. How about the normal loots like Ghost Chill, Will of Warrior and Blood Thirst. They are not the in excluded list as well, but they were wiped out in my storage. Did Oda mention it somewhere that those "loots" will be wiped out?

I practically stored a lot of it since it was implemented in pRO (early 2013 I guess) so that I can trade it via the Old Man NPC in Lighthalzen.

#3037 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

Well more than that got through anyway .

Thor's pricing against Chaos got to extra "00" on it wherever I check.

Geez, ya guys really like it big , huh?

No consideration on non pRO players that are joining to Thor....at all

#3038 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for the clarification. How about the normal loots like Ghost Chill, Will of Warrior and Blood Thirst. They are not the in excluded list as well, but they were wiped out in my storage. Did Oda mention it somewhere that those "loots" will be wiped out?

I practically stored a lot of it since it was implemented in pRO (early 2013 I guess) so that I can trade it via the Old Man NPC in Lighthalzen.

if you were one of the players who ended up with just a cotton shirt and knife that means all your stuff was wiped out regardless of item restriction/exclusions.

#3039 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

LU is a very reputable company and I love them for bringing RO to the Philippines. But I hate them somehow because:

1. They organised auction events and sold MVP cards, personalised Godly Items, very rare cards, very rare headgears, +20 over upgraded items, perfect enchantments, and 150/50 characters to pRO players who wants to avail. Most of the items were sold at 100,000 Pesos each or more (that's around $2,200 USD) like the +20 Headgear of Choice, +20 Mora Set of Choice, GTB, and FBH cards. Max level characters were sold for $100.00 USD each, and max weapon and armor enchants were sold for around 18,000 pesos per enchant ( $1,100 USD). They intentionally scammed us because they will be closing soon anyway. It's like they are selling worthless virtual items.

2. They released the Fallen Bishop Card and Golden Thief Bug card via Lotti Girl a few weeks before they announced that they will close the servers on March 31, 2015.

3. They've been releasing monthly "Egg Scrolls" that costs $2.50 each and the contents of those scrolls will soon be deleted anyway.

4. They organised a WOE event with 30,000pcs MVP scrolls as a prize. The prize that you cannot use, because they awarded it in the last week of March, and they will be closing on March 31st.

5. They posted promos in their website with bundled items when you load, a few weeks before they announced that they will be closing. The bundled items were also wiped out.

6. They made New Chaos an F2P server, but they limited the users to one login per day. Once you've logged out, you cannot login again. You can only login again after 9AM, one day after. You're suppose to prepare for migration but you can't because once you're disconnected, you can't connect again.

7. They gave a March 24, 2015 data to iRO, but announced that we can finalize our accounts and items until March 31, 2015.

8. A lot of tickets in the Level Up! Customer support were not resolved for years.

9. They lied to us, not once, not twice, but a lot of times.

10. They made me write this long list of hate.

#3040 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

10 Things I Hate About LU

#3041 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

if you were one of the players who ended up with just a cotton shirt and knife that means all your stuff was wiped out regardless of item restriction/exclusions.

My main account is currently experiencing a Sprite Error after attempting to login. Other accounts are auto DCed. Out of 40 accounts I migrated, I have 2 accounts that are fine (all items are intact) and one account that's wearing a Cotton Shirt + Knife.

So in the remaining 37 accounts with sprite errors and auto DC problems, I still have a chance right? To see my beloved items? :D

10 Things I Hate About LU

Oh, thanks for the blog post title idea! :D Yay!

Edited by jehzeel, 27 April 2015 - 11:18 AM.

#3042 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

LU is a very reputable company and I love them for bringing RO to the Philippines. But I hate them somehow because:

1. They organised auction events and sold MVP cards, personalised Godly Items, very rare cards, very rare headgears, +20 over upgraded items, perfect enchantments, and 150/50 characters to pRO players who wants to avail. Most of the items were sold at 100,000 Pesos each or more (that's around $2,200 USD) like the +20 Headgear of Choice, +20 Mora Set of Choice, GTB, and FBH cards. Max level characters were sold for $100.00 USD each, and max weapon and armor enchants were sold for around 18,000 pesos per enchant ( $1,100 USD). They intentionally scammed us because they will be closing soon anyway. It's like they are selling worthless virtual items.

2. They released the Fallen Bishop Card and Golden Thief Bug card via Lotti Girl a few weeks before they announced that they will close the servers on March 31, 2015.

3. They've been releasing monthly "Egg Scrolls" that costs $2.50 each and the contents of those scrolls will soon be deleted anyway.

4. They organised a WOE event with 30,000pcs MVP scrolls as a prize. The prize that you cannot use, because they awarded it in the last week of March, and they will be closing on March 31st.

5. They posted promos in their website with bundled items when you load, a few weeks before they announced that they will be closing. The bundled items were also wiped out.

6. They made New Chaos an F2P server, but they limited the users to one login per day. Once you've logged out, you cannot login again. You can only login again after 9AM, one day after. You're suppose to prepare for migration but you can't because once you're disconnected, you can't connect again.

7. They gave a March 24, 2015 data to iRO, but announced that we can finalize our accounts and items until March 31, 2015.

8. A lot of tickets in the Level Up! Customer support were not resolved for years.

9. They lied to us, not once, not twice, but a lot of times.

10. They made me write this long list of hate.

Preach! I wonder WHO was/were the douchebag/s who thought of scamming customers like this? LU! was doing pretty well BEFORE, then after the company mergers it just went downhill.

Edited by Exuro, 27 April 2015 - 11:19 AM.

#3043 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:48 AM

Preach! I wonder WHO was/were the douchebag/s who thought of scamming customers like this? LU! was doing pretty well BEFORE, then after the company mergers it just went downhill.

Yeah! It's a plain outright scam. We too are very gullible and was lured easily by the rare in-game items that's why we bought it. Hoping that we could keep it and enjoy it for a long time. Too bad we weren't even able to keep it for a year. Haha! Poof! LU disappeared, then sold to Asiasoft. Players left crying. Haha! :D

#3044 KirbyMartin

KirbyMartin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Renewal Thor

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:50 AM

I have to agree. Very well said Madamè! Anyway, are you guys experiencing patch from 2011 today too?

#3045 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

I have to agree. Very well said Madamè! Anyway, are you guys experiencing patch from 2011 today too?

Hmmm.. Nope. Did you uninstalled, re-installed, then re-patched?

#3046 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

We are asking kRO to get in contact with Level Up to see if there is uncorrupted data they can send but being that their contract with Gravity was expired it's not hopeful that they would still have leftover data for a game they no longer manage.

#3047 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

We are asking kRO to get in contact with Level Up to see if there is uncorrupted data they can send but being that their contract with Gravity was expired it's not hopeful that they would still have leftover data for a game they no longer manage.

Yey Oda is awake. I think they will be kind enough to resend it. *fingers crossed*

pRO's Community Manager/GM Faith is still reachable via e-mail: gmfaith@levelupgames.ph. She replies fast to questions even if RO is already closed in PH.

#3048 jehzeel

jehzeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationManila

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:00 PM

Maybe they can send a March 31, 2015 data. I'm pretty sure there's a backup in their server as they do daily backups. kRO just needs to talk to the right person.

#3049 kenji017

kenji017

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

Isee light!
Nice very active gm/cm

#3050 rabidMAGE

rabidMAGE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

Where do we store our items inside the kafra? Do we have to move it to Chaos storage or not?  

I'm from Valkyrie Server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users