WILL SOMEBODY LISTEN PLEASE! (Mage Catastrophe II) - Page 3 - Muse Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

WILL SOMEBODY LISTEN PLEASE! (Mage Catastrophe II)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#51 irresistablechic

irresistablechic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:51 AM

Borgs have higher def than mages but defence in the damage formula right now is completely rubbish. It isn't a reliable source of survival. Dodge and damage reduction is the only way to be tanky. Mages don't have good def but has manashield so in terms of survival they aren't the same. Mages takes the cake in terms of survival

2 raiders ganging on mage, can recast shield to reach safety. Not to mention cold snap or slow them. Borgs well, if theyre not wearing mspeed and only on def. Pretty sure you are dead meat

Edited by irresistablechic, 31 May 2015 - 05:01 AM.

#52 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:57 AM

Why are there so many people picking on raider lol. Even on diff threads its the crit/dodge thing. We got nerfed already and you can't see us complaining like its the end of the world. Mages manashield nerfed 25 percent then its like this lol. Try to keep up with the changes and lets see how it works out. I saw in one of the mages post that his mage hasn't even taken a step back even with the change and I know he is one of the mages that tops aa most of the time. Stop this nerf mage nerf raider nerf borg nerf all thing. Let's try to adapt on what happened.

Once again raiders got nerfed too

#53 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:02 AM

Why are there so many people picking on raider lol. Even on diff threads its the crit/dodge thing. We got nerfed already and you can't see us complaining like its the end of the world. Mages manashield nerfed 25 percent then its like this lol. Try to keep up with the changes and lets see how it works out. I saw in one of the mages post that his mage hasn't even taken a step back even with the change and I know he is one of the mages that tops aa most of the time. Stop this nerf mage nerf raider nerf borg nerf all thing. Let's try to adapt on what happened.

Yeah exactly, they always ask to nerf raiders by backing up their opinion with some false facts and they call it a rap.

Indded, raiders got nerfed 2 patches in a raw and everybody seems to close their eyes on it.

#54 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

Raiders meant to be assassins,hunters,single target destroyers ..what do you expect exactly ? an assassin that cant finish his target ? or you expect mages and bourgs be invincible 

Also, "do you know why bourgs always stay in the back or running? cause raiders can kill them while cloacking, a scout takes 8k on their impact skill , stun the bourg and shoot one more skill and boom the bourgs dead.. i agree bourg has high damage just like mage, but no deffence at all. bourg and mage are basically the same . high damage output but so little defense . talking about damage, seems funy no one bother to complaint about axe champ. my mana shield has 36k on me but axe champ took it out in no time.. stop complaining ... and asking for more  nerf........there will never a balance in this game for sure... "

​Looks like you having double standards ? in ur previous post you keep begging to nerf raiders then in an earlier post you tell people to stop crying for a nerf .. huh what ? 

Im pretty sure your main isn't a raider and you just tryna get your own class  boosted and raiders nerfed.

i play all classes . that is why I know for sure raiders need to be nerfed compare to others .. it doesn"t really matter any way , if raiders are OP than im playing raider, if mages are OP and so on . it is just kind of nice to see more variety of classes on game arena ... instead of just whole bunch of raiders or mages 

#55 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:30 AM

25% is nothing its just 1-3 seconds of survivability for the mage. so imo mana shield reduction to 70% is okay. the problem is how much mana it consumes. I've read most of the threads and most of the complains are the mp cost not the reduction of the shield to 70%..

even the regular manashield consumes alot of mp. 

from years of playing this game, raiders are hardly nerfed. Clerics on the other hand suffers nerf every skill balance.. they get nerf 1-3x per year.. from heals buffs defense .. movement speed (idk but the muse shoes gives -10 mspeed i haven't notice it before so correct me if I'm wrong) 

Edited by kwayan19, 31 May 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#56 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:38 AM

Oh people do care about mage still.. Awesome :D

#57 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 05:58 AM

Fortified manashield is changed to 75 percent. Not 70

The mp consumption is not 30 percent but only 14 percent. That 30 percent IS WITHOUT THE MP CONSUMPTION from the skills and items. There are mp consumption passives and substat from the sh itself and IT WILL LOWER THE MP COST OF FORTIFIED MANASHIELD. so after the mp consumption passives and from the items that 30 percent will be lowered and can go to 14 percent if you get max mp consumption passives.

Ill borrow katsura's picture on his mage.

Total mp 27490. Mp cost to recast:3848

How many manashields do you think is that? is it 3? is it 5? obviously No

wteogx.png

Edited by WorldDestroyerxx, 31 May 2015 - 06:04 AM.

#58 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

Thats a noob build btw.. clearly you dont play mages

Its like wasting 40 sp just to get cloak. Get my point?

Edited by helloitsme, 31 May 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#59 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

Noob or not noob, that is not the intent of that screenshot. It is to showcase that mp consumption of 30 percent is wrong. There are mp consumption passives and mp consumption substat of SH.

* There are mp consumption passives if your gonna get the full benefit of manashield. All classes have to sacrifice something am I right?

If your build is full damage, then don't expect to get full manashield either.

A katar raider can't be a burn raider and at the same time get full passives.

A katar raider can't get cloak if he is opting for a lot of skills.

40 sp to sacrifice for the manashield? Then don't get it lol. If your not seriously investing on the manashield and wants to focus on damage then that is your choice but if you really want the manashield there are ways for it to be 14 percent mp consumption. All people have diff builds. Don't blame the manashield wherein in the first place your not investing a lot of effort in it.

* And I saw you saying worldmage does not play competitive mage games. FYI, he is one of the mages that tops aa most of the time. Stop saying people don't know how to play mages and they don't play competitive games. These are good mages. You don't need to resort to criticize other people's builds and skill just to prove your point

Edited by WorldDestroyerxx, 31 May 2015 - 07:17 AM.

#60 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:45 AM

Fortified manashield is changed to 75 percent. Not 70

The mp consumption is not 30 percent but only 14 percent. That 30 percent IS WITHOUT THE MP CONSUMPTION from the skills and items. There are mp consumption passives and substat from the sh itself and IT WILL LOWER THE MP COST OF FORTIFIED MANASHIELD. so after the mp consumption passives and from the items that 30 percent will be lowered and can go to 14 percent if you get max mp consumption passives.

Ill borrow katsura's picture on his mage.

Total mp 27490. Mp cost to recast:3848

How many manashields do you think is that? is it 3? is it 5? obviously No

This is just on option of another build to further improve survivability. Its to say something that's why i posted that. Its just that everyone is going over and over about it and they never actually checked this before they do so.

Yes the mp cost is increased. Once i changed back to my previous build for pvm, it ate so much mp i can die in less then 5 secs cuz of how much i agro with mage aoes as well as mana dying and me not being skilled enough or having enough ap to kill the mobs in time before i died.

Thx for a friend that was healing me like nuts, i didn't die.

I've seen mages in AA still doing massive damage and it reduces a lot of the players hp in one area very fast. Again, that's the reason why everyone targets mage 1st.

Finally, looking at max mp comsumption passives way, before this it was 20% mp to cast ( if i remember correctly) and if you get everything, it could be possible to reduce to even 1% last time. So yeah.... depends on people's builds really.

Here's something i dragged from the manashield thread by adya. 

http://forums.warppo...ield/?p=2147859

Also yes i only pvm. Again, it doesn't mean i don't occasionally do pvp. I've been with my raider a lot of times. Trying to kill with my stupid build (seriously it is bad). So before you say anything about my signature please read this as well. Don't count me out of pvp just yet. Although i still hate it in general.

Also these changes are all based on pvp, noone notice it will also take affect on pvm.

Devs, community, and everyone that reads this, consider all aspects of the game for both pvp and pvm before asking for a nerf. What balancing is doing from pvp perspective is starting to hurt pvm.

*off class topic*

Nerf on flames is actually something i like that made balance on both sides, pvm, it still healed and it is very useful when it doesn't die over time. Pvp, it heals more but in a longer interval making it not to relied on as when it comes to pvping, its super fast paced 

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 31 May 2015 - 07:02 AM.

#61 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:40 AM

Noob or not noob, that is not the intent of that screenshot. It is to showcase that mp consumption of 30 percent is wrong. There are mp consumption passives and mp consumption substat of SH.

* There are mp consumption passives if your gonna get the full benefit of manashield. All classes have to sacrifice something am I right?

40 sp to sacrifice for the manashield? Then don't get it lol. If your not seriously investing on the manashield and wants to focus on damage then that is your choice but if you really want the manashield there are ways for it to be 14 percent mp consumption. All people have diff builds. Don't blame the manashield wherein in the first place your not investing a lot of effort in it.

* And I saw you saying worldmage does not play competitive mage games. FYI, he is one of the mages that tops aa most of the time. Stop saying people don't know how to play mages and they don't play competitive games. These are good mages. You don't need to resort to criticize other people's builds and skill just to prove your point

Did I say that he does not play competitively? Read again

#62 ChaosPaladin

ChaosPaladin

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Gensokyo

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

Yes, Ahya.

And yes, I judge them because of their attitude portrayed from their posts in every active thread on the forums; they have to accept that people make their own conclusions.

Well, I'm still here... Somewhat absent, but still alive... Trying to return to be active both in the forum and in the game... But I'm still helping some newbies Mage in the game...

Well, I honestly haven't tested the change of Mana Shield in PvP, but I did not feel any difference in PvM... However, I don't have full MP in my Mage, and have yet to test this in both PvP and PvM before you can decide which I'll keep...

But please, don't start to talk that Mage was completely nerfed or unusable... We all know that every update a class is OP and another is Nerfed... Currently I see countless Raiders in PvP, but I must admit I've seen more last month... The same way I've ever seen CD games with 7 or 8 Mages per team in the past  and I really don't want to go back at that time...

#63 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

Exactly worlddestroyer That's what mages must know right now and that is what I have been saying the whole time but that is only in regards on the mp consumption.

Lol world don't waste time with helloitsme, try to ignore him if I were you. If you read that dude's post, he already lost credibility in a diff thread. You are just gonna enter into a roundabout argument with him.

#64 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:59 AM

Well you wanna start again?

Lost credibility? Lol its because of your editing skills..

Lol non mage players seems to know more alot about the mage class... I give the balancing of mages in your hands...

P.s. If I were u mongetet..i would give up on those flames and invest sp on something.. move a little when you doing AAs not just hug the crystalg

Edited by helloitsme, 31 May 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#65 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

Don't need to hello its me. Just by the words you say, your already digging in your own grave lol. Let the people judge when they read the other thread about your absurb attempt at an argument.  It's useless. You can believe what you want to believe in your fantasy. Just keep finding your own little problems as it is not me that is so desperate to find nonexistent problems without factual reasoning behind it.  Well, goodluck redeeming yourself :) Flys awaaay

Give up on flames? Can you read all my post? Ill give you a cookie if you could find 2 posts about me and the flames? Well, unlike you about mages all the threads your spreading your nonsense wtih you

Edited by mongetet, 31 May 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#66 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:10 AM

You guys need to calm down. Stop flaming one another and just focus on the topic. Let's see what we can do with these changes. Try new gears/skills/sets to remedy these changes.. Maybe its more fun this way. Raiders and mages alike. Instead of wanting to nerf each other's classes lets just focus on what can we do to be better players. Let's try to cooperate with one another guys. We all play the same game and we make the same community.

Edited by zonyzony, 31 May 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#67 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

I think what they did overboard was the flames. I think the nerf on the flames were not needed as there are some cleric's builds that are centered on the flames

Lol seems youre not tking your own advice.. dont waste time on me? Then why the heck are you replying?

Yea absurb? Its your crappy ss thats absurd

@zony its that mongetet he is derailing the topic

Edited by helloitsme, 31 May 2015 - 08:42 AM.

#68 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

That includes you helloitsme, Stop replying to other people's flames because it will not end. If you know better than him theres no point prolonging bashing with each other

#69 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:57 PM

The problem with mana shield atm is that (as feuer said in another topic) there is no dmg cap on shield so basically 2 skills from a dual/burn katar/axe/SF or criticals from GB/meele katar will take it down in a matter of seconds, that combined with stuns or mute leaves no option of running/recasting shield so the outcome ends up being the same = dead meat 

Is the nerf the same on PvM as in PvP? Defenetly no, and any player could say so: the pace on PvP and PvM is totally different

Did that extra 25% mana help before? yes, and a lot. (but since there was so little time from update till nerf there was no proper testing)

Did the nerf make mage totally unplayable? No, they do decently in AA but they totally difference in TG wars, not bcoz the lack of stealth but more like the lack of dmg cap on shield it's gone before u can cast a single skill (is good to take into consideration that TG wars still exist and the current game favors hawker jobs 100 times more than any other, might be good to start taking them into consideration when thinking about nerfs or reskills for different jobs...)

What would help mages atm? I can think of basically 2 things: 

1)Add a dmg cap to shield so it wont be taken down in 2 skills (doesnt make too much sense to have a 30k mana shield that gets taken down in 2 16k dmg hits and when its down u get as high as 6k hits...)

2)Add a "mana shield hp bar" just as hp bar: shows up when mana shield is casted and tells you how much more dmg u can take before it goes down that should really help to time the time of recasting (since when u are hitting by more than 1 player is nearly impossible to know when ur shield is gonna go down leaving you pretty much hopeless)

#70 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

The problem with mana shield atm is that (as feuer said in another topic) there is no dmg cap on shield so basically 2 skills from a dual/burn katar/axe/SF or criticals from GB/meele katar will take it down in a matter of seconds, that combined with stuns or mute leaves no option of running/recasting shield so the outcome ends up being the same = dead meat 

Is the nerf the same on PvM as in PvP? Defenetly no, and any player could say so: the pace on PvP and PvM is totally different

Did that extra 25% mana help before? yes, and a lot. (but since there was so little time from update till nerf there was no proper testing)

Did the nerf make mage totally unplayable? No, they do decently in AA but they totally difference in TG wars, not bcoz the lack of stealth but more like the lack of dmg cap on shield it's gone before u can cast a single skill (is good to take into consideration that TG wars still exist and the current game favors hawker jobs 100 times more than any other, might be good to start taking them into consideration when thinking about nerfs or reskills for different jobs...)

What would help mages atm? I can think of basically 2 things: 

1)Add a dmg cap to shield so it wont be taken down in 2 skills (doesnt make too much sense to have a 30k mana shield that gets taken down in 2 16k dmg hits and when its down u get as high as 6k hits...)

2)Add a "mana shield hp bar" just as hp bar: shows up when mana shield is casted and tells you how much more dmg u can take before it goes down that should really help to time the time of recasting (since when u are hitting by more than 1 player is nearly impossible to know when ur shield is gonna go down leaving you pretty much hopeless)

+1 to the mana shield hp bar.. that should help.. they should do it for both normal mana shield and fortified mana shield.. So clerics/BCs can also benefit from it

#71 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:23 PM

+1 to the mana shield hp bar.. that should help.. they should do it for both normal mana shield and fortified mana shield.. So clerics/BCs can also benefit from it

& make it purple :p_angel:

#72 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

People just don't know how to play tbh...

Take it from a spear champ, it's hard as balls to stay alive without good heals and we are less "tanky" than a 180 mage but i manage.

#73 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

Yeah of course I meant for mana shield in general not just mages

#74 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

Too much flaming and name calling in this thread and it really has to stop because it causes the focus of the thread to shift to your personal drama instead of a discussion on mages as it was intended.

There is a way to voice your opinion without resorting to name calling and ridiculing another player. Not only is that against the forum rules, but it also shows a lack of maturity. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and that opinion should be respected, even if you disagree with it.

Please keep things on topic in here and don't mention anyone else in your post. 

#75 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:57 PM

Too much flaming and name calling in this thread and it really has to stop because it causes the focus of the thread to shift to your personal drama instead of a discussion on mages as it was intended.

There is a way to voice your opinion without resorting to name calling and ridiculing another player. Not only is that against the forum rules, but it also shows a lack of maturity. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion and that opinion should be respected, even if you disagree with it.

Please keep things on topic in here and don't mention anyone else in your post. 

You're doing a good job honestly, but I think this rule needs to be enforced faster because nearly 90% of threads usually shift and the immaturity never ends and it's the same people.  So I think personal warnings need to be given out to those who apply because I have definitely stopped responding as much as I do because of the immaturity and because most good ideas are ignored or not looked into more (which is probably from the immature comments made).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users