Item Scams and You! - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Item Scams and You!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#51 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:22 AM

That will have to be looked into by the GM staff, kindly be patient till they investigate and respond on your ticket.

#52 jborgyc

jborgyc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

Some one deleted my thread in forums regarding about banning of players haistt. no more freedom of expression here :( sadlife.

I just want to voice out other player . :D

Edited by jborgyc, 14 December 2016 - 11:35 PM.

#53 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

Some one deleted my thread in forums regarding about banning of players haistt. no more freedom of expression here :( sadlife.

I just want to voice out other player . :D

The topic was removed by a higher moderator, issues of account suspensions and ticket handling cannot be posted on forums. If the user is banned then he must send a support ticket from his end. To avoid topic derail, feel free to PM me if you have questions.

#54 jborgyc

jborgyc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:44 PM

Well one reason i posted that because some tickets cannot be resolved . They keep on asking , finding or looking for something . For example you deal with some items but you forgotten to screen shots that deal, and that items by chance have issue .  The buyer of that items or the current player holding that items will also have issue or problems . Sometimes can lead to ban or wiping whole items in the accounts . 

#55 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

I have read almost all the entires in this. And I want to help people preventing of being scammed.

There are other ways some people can get your password. One that comes to my mind and its very active nowadays since its easy to make:

a) A friend, or an unknown person (whatever) creates a private server, and invite you to test stuffs, or be a staff member, or whatever, the point is there are two sensitive data involved if you accept:

• Your personal email or email binding to your RO accounts.
  • Your login credentials in case you are some of those persons that use the same ID/Password or just add numbers to it.

Those P. Servers store your credential in plain text, wich means is not encrypted, and even if it is, there are webpages, wich i wont mention, that helps to decrypt MD5 and even SHA256. For non-IT people: they can read all your data you input.

So, if you put your email, but use a different login, those people might have some info about you in case is your friend (like having him/her at facebook as friend), they can try to bypass the security questions to recover your  password and once they're in, try to enter your WP account, and once they're in, check your IDs of game. After this, its just brute-force with the known password you input on this P.server.

The chain and the method may vary, instead a p.server, can be a google doc shared wich needs to ask for permission, once you send an email to the owner, they will get your email there.

Sacred things wich dont need to be crossover with any site or service is:

• Your e-mail. This is personal, This is your contact info, and can be use to send you pishing emails or info, or any attack.
  • Your Account ID. obviously, bruteforce can be a really issue nowadays, and its so easy to change the attacker IP.
  • Your password. Even for me its hard, but its necesary to use always a different password. Even I have to remember more than 15 different password, wich are, in some way linked, the way they are linked its just known by me as the info that helps me to remember. In case i forgot some password, I just repeat the process i set for my passwords and get it (the process and the info used is only known by me).

How to know if your email were pwned? there are sites for that, Use at your own risk, but this site https://haveibeenpwned.com/ tells you if its recommended to change your email password. It has link to many DBs leaked in some internet services.

ALWAYS ALWAYS check for HTTPS connection with a valid cert. On WP login page should see the secure thing in green like this:
URZ3029.png

On Firefox you can see the cert:

jGgw59K.pngKVcAhiG.png
gDpTIR4.png

Hope those advices plus the camps ones help people of not being scammed.

Regards!

Edited by S207, 25 January 2018 - 11:09 AM.

#56 BlackPig

BlackPig

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

NEW Scam

[Removed]

talk in chat room with long space like this:

aw              iRO CM Oda:didnt know me?

in chat room  will be:

the scamer:aw
iRO CM Oda:didnt know me?

sad...and bother :(

Edited by VModCinnamon, 12 November 2017 - 12:59 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed screenshot, name of user.

#57 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:55 AM

NEW Scam

If you read the first post in this thread, you would see that this scam is not new at all. You're just a new victim.

#58 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

Greetings BlackPig,

Thank you for the heads up. The user in question (novice class) has been reported to the GM staff, they are trying to pass as CM Oda which is a scam.

The Community managers and GM staff will never approach users in that manner.

#59 BlackPig

BlackPig

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:06 AM

Greetings BlackPig,

Thank you for the heads up. The user in question (novice class) has been reported to the GM staff, they are trying to pass as CM Oda which is a scam.

The Community managers and GM staff will never approach users in that manner.

Thx for the response :p_love:

#60 squareofcs

squareofcs

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:27 AM

06:11 01/26/2018 updated.

after my friend contact with him, he realized he have two of C.Brooch and take the wrong one, he also rodex me about this.

we make the trade to the original agreement. so this this was a misunderstanding.

Hi GM, I got scammed when i deal with someone's Celine's Brooch, the way he sell it >stand at eden first flood by view, he show his gear with empty Celine's Brooch, but after we trade, i just find out he switch the one with darklord essence 3, not the empty one. how can i seek for help? T_T

also remind people watch out this player ID: [Removed]

Edited by squareofcs, 26 January 2018 - 05:13 AM.
Mod Edit: Removed name of user.

#61 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

Hi GM, I got scammed when i deal with someone's Celine's Brooch, the way he sell it >stand at eden first flood by view, he show his gear with empty Celine's Brooch, but after we trade, i just find out he switch the one with darklord essence 3, not the empty one. how can i seek for help? T_T

Shame that that's a pretty seasoned player resulting to such methods of dirty play. GM's should penalize these type of players at least with a temporary ban.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 26 January 2018 - 04:46 AM.
Edited in quote

#62 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:49 AM

Greetings,

This report is not appropriate for forums.

To address the trade issue please submit a ticket to the GM staff using Warpportal Support system.

Make sure to include part of the trade/screenshots of trade so they can assist accordingly. 

Warpportal Support:

https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

#63 chicoaa

chicoaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Locationnear a tree...
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:00 PM

I have something that I'm curious about. Does a scammer have any possible way to show themselves as having a GM sprite. Full character GM sprite yellow name also, same gm powers a real one would have. Also can they have you edit your files to make you a GM? This is a current real incident and already has a ticket submitted for it. I will not post any names but this incident happened, and i want to know if its happened to others. And no this is not related to the Novice faking to be a GM/CM topic.

#64 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:32 AM

A pure scammer will not have any way to show his/her sprite as GM, even if he/she does client editing it will only show on his/her own RO client, which wont affect the sprites you see from your RO client. If a scammer actually manages to make everyone see him/her with GM sprite, then it is no longer a scammer, it is a hacker.

#65 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:21 PM

GM doesn't ask for your items or valuables for something in exchange. That's the first and only rule you should remember.

#66 ZhaoLi

ZhaoLi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:42 PM

Today just 30 mins ago, CM Astra(?) and GM Oda contacted me in game.

1. She showed me the GM Sprite

2. She entered my Private Chat Room that was Locked

By doing this, this CM Astra and Oda are no longer scammers but Hackers..... :p_laugh:

#67 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:39 PM

Today just 30 mins ago, CM Astra(?) and GM Oda contacted me in game.

1. She showed me the GM Sprite

2. She entered my Private Chat Room that was Locked

By doing this, this CM Astra and Oda are no longer scammers but Hackers..... :p_laugh:

This is an old ongoing scam and not a hack.

Next time it happens, stretch the chatroom box to the sides, you will see the trick.

The sprite is a fake edit assuming they are showing you screenshots. More importantly, the staff will not approach the users in that manner.

You should not have gotten that far with their scheme in my opinion.

#68 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:01 AM

This is an old ongoing scam and not a hack.

Next time it happens, stretch the chatroom box to the sides, you will see the trick.

The sprite is a fake edit assuming they are showing you screenshots. More importantly, the staff will not approach the users in that manner.

You should not have gotten that far with their scheme in my opinion.

This... I already pointed out earlier that there would be no way a scammer could show GM sprites in-game, they could definitely photoshop a screenshot though. If a scammer can make another player see that he has GM sprite in-game rather than a screenshot, its no longer a scammer, its a hacker.

#69 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:41 PM

Remember those advices I typed here? (I recommend read them first), add this other one too:

DO NOT install stuffs or edit your RO folder with "that patch" or "these files" wich provides some graphic features like big cards or whatever from other people, even if you know him/her/it. You dont know the source and if you dont know what are you doing, better dont.

They can add extra lines or replace certain files in your RO folder, that way in a future, comes to you as a GM sprited.

If the actual client/RO folder works like this IDK, its just a friendly reminder of being careful on what you do with your account / RO Install Folders and your data.

Be careful, do not trust anyone.

Edited by S207, 15 February 2018 - 12:42 PM.

#70 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

Remember those advices I typed here? (I recommend read them first), add this other one too:

DO NOT install stuffs or edit your RO folder with "that patch" or "these files" wich provides some graphic features like big cards or whatever from other people, even if you know him/her/it. You dont know the source and if you dont know what are you doing, better dont.

They can add extra lines or replace certain files in your RO folder, that way in a future, comes to you as a GM sprited.

If the actual client/RO folder works like this IDK, its just a friendly reminder of being careful on what you do with your account / RO Install Folders and your data.

Be careful, do not trust anyone.

Yep, good call. People could replace an uncommon human sprite, like Santa transformation or Adventurer's Towel, with GM sprites and wait a while before pulling off the rest of the scam.

#71 DiegooC

DiegooC

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:17 AM

Today morning i was on a chat buying faws when suddenly a guy entered saying the typical "are u from asia??". I know these guys are scammers so i kicked him out and posted a screenshot on the forum for him to get banned because its a bother to everyone, but not being enough a couple hours got scammed/stolen buying faws from another character... hate them all... HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  

Edited by DiegooC, 13 April 2018 - 05:30 AM.

#72 SoulL1

SoulL1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

Today morning i was on a chat buying faws when suddenly a guy entered saying the typical "are u from asia??". I know these guys are scammers so i kicked him out and posted a screenshot on the forum for him to get banned because its a bother to everyone, but not being enough a couple hours got scammed/stolen buying faws from another character... hate them all... HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  HATE THEM ALL!!!!  

This is the same guy that always has that D0TTTA2/CSGO pub. Absolute scammer. I don't even know why it isn't a mainstay in the thread.

This person has been scamming for years here in iRO.

He/she also camps towns currently in Prontera mid Kafra.

RMT and fanpage scams from this same person or group.

Defense of TA is being filtered here.

Edited by SoulL1, 19 April 2018 - 01:03 AM.

#73 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:09 AM

This is the same guy that always has that D0TTTA2/CSGO pub. Absolute scammer. I don't even know why it isn't a mainstay in the thread.

This person has been scamming for years here in iRO.

He/she also camps towns currently in Prontera mid Kafra.

RMT and fanpage scams from this same person or group.

Defense of TA is being filtered here.

That scam in question is ongoing, the staff do take action against the problematic accounts but since they are meant to be dummy accounts they come under new ones.

If you spot them please report them to the staff in a ticket with a screenshot.

#74 Arkdash

Arkdash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

One guys Nickname [Snip] is scammer, he stole me 550m when i pay for code 1k WPE and never pass me code...and still there in eden

Edited by VModCinnamon, 03 June 2018 - 05:35 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed name of user.

#75 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

One guys Nickname [Snip] is scammer, he stole me 550m when i pay for code 1k WPE and never pass me code...and still there in eden

Greetings Arkdash, sorry to hear about the incident.

Kindly note that the forum is not the appropriate medium to report users accused of ill-mannered behavior.

To address this correctly, please send a ticket to the GM staff under the relevant department.

It is important to mention, trade of Warpportal Energy is not supported by the staff, meaning, codes lost in a scam may not be returned. However, scamming is a punishable offence. Contact the GM staff on the following link, make sure to fill in details of the issue.

Warpportal Support:

https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users