Legitimized Autopot - Page 25 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 14 votes

Legitimized Autopot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
649 replies to this topic

#601 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:58 AM

They have devs that can do what ever their imagination can conceive. iRO has to go to daddy and ask to fix his stuff.

Maybe iRO should start using the open source server...

The popularity of pservers has nothing to do with the security of iro, though, as their tools are for breaking into eathena, not the official servers.

You can bot and autopot eathena the same as iRO, but that is a client side issue, and you can't solve that problem with software.  But on the open source server, for example, they can fix the gutter line bug, and duping is a problem that can be and has been solved.  How do I spell it out?  The software is just better.

#602 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

Then inu basically said I can't post until I check with her or dufus #2 or #3 first and I shut that nonsense down

Go back to hamburger school.

I wonder why people even volunteer for iro when extreme pettiness is used to slap them in the face, repeatably. The mods get screwed for millions of reasons. The volunteers for s9 get -_- on for caring about the game and donating their time.

All of these problems that iro has stems from the community. Ever. Single. One.

Thank you for your contribution though. It has helped me learn so much and provided us all with so much knowledge.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 26 June 2015 - 12:02 PM.

#603 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

The irony of your statement is that exchange came from a volunteer who started a petty attack on someone politely discussing.

#604 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

Maybe iRO should start using the open source server...

you could but then iRO would become a pserver b/c kRO would drop it like it's hot.

#605 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

if they fix gutterlines iro would probably have to reduce the total mobile npc count or the map server lag would be epic

#606 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

The irony of your statement is that exchange came from a volunteer who started a petty attack on someone politely discussing.

Petty?  Really don't think you wanna go there sista.  I simply asked you to re-read after  you kept insisting something you said flat out flew in the face of what we just said.

#607 Rockerox

Rockerox

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 4159 posts
  • LocationLeader Hermandad De Sagitarium
  • Server:Chaos ( Renewall )

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

im wait  :yawn:

#608 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:44 PM

^ still being petty.

I disagreed with the poster that the game has nough attention that any and every security measure we implement will have dedicated crackers on it the next day. You haven't said a damn empirical thing to rebut that, only suggested I re-read your crackpot theorizations as if they are evidence. They're not. They are opinions. And the only reason you're being a condescending arse about it is because you're a stuck up know it all that wants to prove she's a bigger know it all than me. Grow up and stop being petty. Its disgusting that you make such petty attack posts while having green text under your name. It mames the game look as bad as you do.

Edited by Jaye, 26 June 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#609 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

Oh you two, can we please put that argument aside and focus on the Autopot matter?

#610 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

^ still being petty.

I disagreed with the poster that the game has nough attention that any and every security measure we implement will have dedicated crackers on it the next day. You haven't said a damn empirical thing to rebut that, only suggested I re-read your crackpot theorizations as if they are evidence. They're not. They are opinions. And the only reason you're being a condescending arse about it is because you're a stuck up know it all that wants to prove she's a bigger know it all than me. Grow up and stop being petty. Its disgusting that you make such petty attack posts while having green text under your name. It mames the game look as bad as you do.

Not that I wanna rekindle this but it's not going to go away, I think that you should put up and do what Inu can't, or stop harping on about things you're not involved in. If you can solve the problem great, go solve it. If not, stop attacking those who try....

Anyway even if no pserver has been able to stop autopot, maybe there's something they didn't try yet...

#611 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:41 PM

Usually I'm not going to reply, and the other person just begs me to.

on topic.

I don't know about classic at all, and don't intend to propose solutions for it.

Just like there are fundamental differences between classic and renewal, there are also differences between pservers and legit ones.

Also its a good idea to keep in mind programmers and crackers can write automation, handlers, readers, etc and have them ostensibly work on all 3, since they're designed to all be read by 1 client.

But the security/checks aren't the same. Those exploitation tools need to be made to defeat the specific server and measure, generally. So saying that popular servers like pservers can stimulate interest in coding autopot or bots doesn't imply the same base of programmers will design things solely to counteract iro's region specific measures.

Measures that are commonly used on all types of servers, such as captcha and npcs that ask you to type something, are going to probably be out there already.

Thinking outside the box is necessary, but then we enter the uncharted territory of "what can iRO change WITHOUT mama kRO's consent?" That might be a good place to start.

Ren's mentioned 3rd party software on the server is against the contract, so this is starting to feel undefeatable, but we mustnt resign ourselves.

#612 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

I like turtles

#613 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

Not that I wanna rekindle this but it's not going to go away, I think that you should put up and do what Inu can't, or stop harping on about things you're not involved in. If you can solve the problem great, go solve it. If not, stop attacking those who try....

Anyway even if no pserver has been able to stop autopot, maybe there's something they didn't try yet...

Putting mods in the home of every player has yet to be attempted.

Have you looked into the open source software?  There's nothing they haven't tried.  The mods of illegal servers are just as if not more interested about stopping bots (autopot is a bot.) than iRO is.

Maybe that helps to get the point across.  Autopot is a bot.  Stopping autopot is equivalent to stopping bots.  Since when has iRO come close to stopping bots?

Edited by Mischelle, 26 June 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#614 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

Ren's mentioned 3rd party software on the server is against the contract, so this is starting to feel undefeatable, but we mustnt resign ourselves.

Wasn't me. Might have been Inu, but I don't know if it's true or not.

#615 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

That was me that said that.  Not saying who told me that though.

Autopot is a bot.

Full automation vs basically a smart macro...yeah I can see that.

#616 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

The ones ppl are posting screenshots for are automation, so any 1st party autopotter will give legitimacy to botting ("I can automate pots, why not killing/talking to npc/buffing?"). If its a macro, it will instead give legitimacy to 3rd party potting automation ("lol autopotting is legal brah" or "prove im not using the macro lolol"). Anything section9 makes will worsen the 3rd party involvement on iRO in my opinion.

#617 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

Anything section9 makes will worsen the 3rd party involvement on iRO in my opinion.

You should probably stop before you end up digging yourself down to China.

#618 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

this game is going to turn into a pretty mindsweeper

#619 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

Anything section9 makes will worsen the 3rd party involvement on iRO in my opinion.

Yes these awful 3rd Party programs...

Spam problem, check.

Chats / vends just about anywhere, check.

GMs needed some more targeted tools, check.

Classic had server sync problems, check.

Countless Classic enhancements.

Soon to be a new form of /effect.

Soon to be a bot reporting feature.

Soon to have integrated RCX features people want.

Many other things are planned.

~Q.E.D.

Community you should be ashamed of yourselves.

#620 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

might as well remove HP altogether if you legitimize auto pot because wtf is the point

#621 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:16 PM

Ravioli ravioli, give me the hackouli

#622 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

Yes these awful 3rd Party programs...

Spam problem, check.

Chats / vends just about anywhere, check.

GMs needed some more targeted tools, check.

Classic had server sync problems, check.

Countless Classic enhancements.

Soon to be a new form of /effect.

Soon to be a bot reporting feature.

Soon to have integrated RCX features people want.

Many other things are planned.

~Q.E.D.

Community you should be ashamed of yourselves.

why exactly should we be ashamed?

#623 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

People sending Inu hate mail (or worse), treating the volunteers like -_- on a regular basis, taking petty cheap shots, blaming one person for a problem that they have no control over ect ect. As a whole we are like a group of 3rd graders in a troubled school.

At lest that's my interpretation.

#624 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:25 PM

why exactly should we be ashamed?

lol I dunno maybe because you're all scapegoating Sec9 for a thing that may not even happen and totally ignoring all the good they do for the game. -_- would be unplayable without the QoL improvements they've provided, to say nothing of the streamlining we can't see as players, and what they plan to implement in the future.

#625 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

lol I dunno maybe because you're all scapegoating Sec9 for a thing that may not even happen and totally ignoring all the good they do for the game. -_- would be unplayable without the QoL improvements they've provided, to say nothing of the streamlining we can't see as players, and what they plan to implement in the future.

is there a list somewhere of all the things sec9 has done and which member did which thing

Edited by Jaye, 26 June 2015 - 06:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users