Legitimized Autopot - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 14 votes

Legitimized Autopot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
649 replies to this topic

#101 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:34 PM

What people against a legal autopot need to realize, is that the option is being implemented for them.

I'm against autopots becoming a legit thing because if we don't have to pot ourselves then what in the unholy everloving bloody name of hell is the point? At that point, why don't we just give everyone a 10000% bonus to HP/SP regen? What is even the point of having pots? Why do we even have healer classes? Why are we even playing RO?

Autopots being currently illegal is certainly one of the reasons I'm against them, but that's not the primary reason. I'm here to actively play a game, not play an idle auto-click AFK game that requires zero thought and situational awareness.

#102 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:35 PM

hotel, I was just thinking along those lines.

1) Disable pots, berries etc

2) disable stasis, guillotine fist, deadly poison, and suicidal explosion

3) increase the woe skill reduction from 50% to 80%

4) See what WoE is like.

Disable goh not GF ._.

GF has a stupid delay that could kill a sura ._.

whatever,just thinking too.

----//----

About Topic

wtf? is this real life? Legalize Auto pot? The pvp/woe is already broken;in general u dont need fingers to play pvp/woe (only gears for most classes but there're few classes thar need fingers and are still hard to play,maestro for example) Legitimized autopot would just break the pvp/woe more than already is...

Autopot? Make rune knights/sura's,SC and RG's almost imortal?! No warpportal,please,the pvp is already empty :/ Dont do it... classes with low damage will have serious problems to play against high hp/high damage classes.

ASPD Builds like critical GX,Auto warg rangers would have problems to play too.

btw,no delay on pots,that would create a HUGE problem since some classes could get advantage with this.

ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO ''MAKE'' an autopot or whatever u guys planning to do.

Potions is a part of the pvp/woe mechanics,if u have fast reactions/fingers u will succeed against slow people  Don't delete this mechanics from the game.

Sincerely,an PVP/WoE Player

Edited by Hissis, 23 June 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#103 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

there are other options you can do to combat auto potting besides making it legal.  I don't think the GM team have though this through entirely.  Sadly i'm pretty sure they are already set on implementing this idea.

#104 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

there are other options you can do to combat auto potting besides making it legal.  I don't think the GM team have though this through entirely.  Sadly i'm pretty sure they are already set on implementing this idea.

Technically we shouldn't be commenting until the official thread is out, but I think people making opinions beforehand is important.

It shows where the community is split on one of the many issues that "kinda" plagues RO. But don't assume anything until they officially comment tomorrow or w/e.

#105 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

I wouldn't use it if it was implemented. 

#106 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

When the auto pot is over, im sure we'll have a no delay and and auto wing.

And brand of automobiles.

#107 Ryuuzan

Ryuuzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

nbfjv.jpg

PS : instead of addressing the issue of autopot, the management team is embracing it? is this what i am to believe? i dont think its a good idea

Edited by Ryuuzan, 23 June 2015 - 07:46 PM.

#108 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

Technically we shouldn't be commenting until the official thread is out, but I think people making opinions beforehand is important.

It shows where the community is split on one of the many issues that "kinda" plagues RO. But don't assume anything until they officially comment tomorrow or w/e.

problem is both sides are so close minded that no one will want to compromise.  Consider this: i can restate someone's idea and because i don't belong to their group people will disagree with me just to disagree even though they agreed to the same idea earlier.

People have already addressed ways to deal with autopotting in the past, to bad no one pays attention because only the "community leaders' " voices are listened to.

#109 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

i guess you've never had a leader that inspired loyalty.

I'm not going to quit the game I play because my leader decided to quit for what ever reason.

Combating things is not going to work when you have to rely on kRO to do something. They don't even give us updates that are 4 years old. What makes you think they are going to implement counter measures for auto potting and etc?

#110 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:47 PM

why stop here

autoloot next !

#111 MikaKuchiki

MikaKuchiki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:47 PM

I have sura tanker and gene for MVPing.

Potting is something that you need to LEARN!

I think autopot is for people who give up learning

#112 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

WP only considers the WoE complaints, not the mvpers.

This is another WoE thing.

#113 tshin23

tshin23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

The best solution GMs came with to go against autopot issues: Create a legitimate autopot.

Seems about right.

#114 Darkeiko

Darkeiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

problem is both sides are so close minded that no one will want to compromise.  Consider this: i can restate someone's idea and because i don't belong to their group people will disagree with me just to disagree even though they agreed to the same idea earlier.

People have already addressed ways to deal with autopotting in the past, to bad no one pays attention because only the "community leaders' " voices are listened to.

O_o I honestly don't care about community leaders. They're players just like us. Just because they were given a bit more authority doesn't mean they are the biggest authority.

The only authorities we should worry about are the GMs and the community as a whole because they are both the driving factors in the game.

If people didn't listen to other people, nothing would get done. 

#115 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

why stop here

autoloot next !

That's not a bad idea, no chance of losing loot to a DC or jerks.

Uhh no it doesn't mash the key as fast as you can pausing for a micro second to push another button.

#116 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

Sounds like most people here haven't ever actually fought an AP user before.

Out of curiosity if this idea was scrapped and a cooldown to pots was applied, what would people be comfortable with? 5ms? 8ms?

#117 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

WP only considers the WoE complaints, not the mvpers.

This is another WoE thing.

and the PVPers...

People always forgot the pvp..

Edited by Hissis, 23 June 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#118 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

O_o I honestly don't care about community leaders. They're players just like us. Just because they were given a bit more authority doesn't mean they are the biggest authority.

The only authorities we should worry about are the GMs and the community as a whole because they are both the driving factors in the game.

If people didn't listen to other people, nothing would get done. 

yea and that is one of the underlying problems with the community.

#119 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

Out of curiosity if this idea was scrapped and a cooldown to pots was applied, what would people be comfortable with? 5ms? 8ms?

The only people this punishes is macro users, not autopotters. It's not about speed, it's about reactivity.

Know your enemy please.

A macro is currently the fairest way to combat an autopot user.

edit: people are taking my words a bit out of context about community leaders. There are people who have influence over players (through loyalty or friendship or by dangling pretty items infront of them); and there are people who represent large groups of people. A lot of guild situations find the leadership run as a closeknit group and those people are hard to replace. Leading sucks, there's a reason guilds are not so plentiful.

This knowledge should not be used to threaten/intimidate the staff.

Edited by Xellie, 23 June 2015 - 09:25 PM.

#120 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:55 PM

It's not about speed, it's about reactivity.

I'm pretty sure it's both.

#121 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:56 PM

I don't like the idea of autopot, but I understand why this decision is needed.

What people against a legal autopot need to realize, is that the option is being implemented for them. Not for the people who already cheated with worse things, those ones will use AP, legal or not. Not legalizing AP means that people who play by the rules are at a dissadvantage. Legalizing AP means leaving the people who play by the rules and the cheaters closer to being on an equal ground.

So basically, the options are:

a ) Accept legal autopot and have everyone on equal grounds.

or

b ) Not accept autopot and leave the cheaters at a huge advantage versus people not cheating (unless someone can figure a way to prevent AP, which I think is close to impossible).

I would really rather to play without AP and the current mechanics, but I don't think it is possible to enforce it. So if Ap becomes legal, and everybody uses it, I'll probably start using it.

You seem to be missing one point. Some of those people who are against legalized AP might be AP users themselves /gg Just saying :P

Legalizing AP sounds ... meh ... but I would not mind and would be 100% sure to use it. No hypocrisy here. I already feel inferior when I have to assign one of my fingers to continue potting during a heated battle while some cheaters just lol and let AP do the job. AP and ND are real and they are out there in WoE/PvP </3

If GMs are not gonna ban AP users because it is nearly impossible to do so and most people dont like the idea of legalizing AP, then I still like the idea of adding cooldown on potting. This sounds very reasonable.

#122 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

The only people this punishes is macro users, not autopotters. It's not about speed, it's about reactivity.

Know your enemy please.

A macro is currently the fairest way to combat an autopot user.

edit: people are taking my words a bit out of context about community leaders. There are people who have influence over players (through loyalty or friendship or by dangling pretty items infront of them); and there are people who represent large groups of people. A lot of guild situations find the leadership run as a closeknit group and those people are hard to replace. Leading sucks, there's a reason guilds are not so plentiful.

Still no where near the autopotter though.

#123 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

why stop here

autoloot next !

I'm down for that.

RO2's potions have a 10-sec cooldown, which is the shortest cooldown on potions I've seen in 3D MMORPGs so something lower than that would be fine. Players like myself are already adapted to dealing with potion cooldowns from other MMORPGs. The only people I see who would be against potion cooldowns are those who have little to no sense of situational awareness.

#124 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

Legit with sense of justice > autopotters

#125 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

No less than 200ms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users