Is Warlock the worst class in renewal? - Page 6 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Is Warlock the worst class in renewal?

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#126 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

those cooldown times are joke when you are having a look at RK

Cooldowns for 12 or so other lvl 100+ classes are a joke next to RK/Ranger/GX

#127 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:36 AM

then nerf pls

#128 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:59 AM

Cooldowns for 12 or so other lvl 100+ classes are a joke next to RK/Ranger/GX

At least Ranger die 1 hit for almost everything....

#129 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:24 AM

At least Ranger die 1 hit for almost everything....

Haha. True. unless you have TGK, maybe.

#130 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:36 AM

Cooldowns for 12 or so other lvl 100+ classes are a joke next to RK/Ranger

fixed ;)

#131 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:13 AM

Well. In popular perception, there's two degrees of uselessness. Things like Wanderer, Super Novice, Expanded Classes, Mechanic, etc. are expected to be and accepted as useless in all or most situations (exceptions like Mech for SD). People have come to terms with the fact that they're useless to the point of unviability. No one does anything on a mechanic when SD is on cooldown. That's just what's expected of that class. Warlock, on the other hand, isn't useless enough to *just* be a Stasis slave. It's sort of in that gray area, and while it's still usable, it feels weak. This might be because it used to be a relatively strong class before WoE set, etc. and before the Mora rebalance update, whereas Wanderer, Mech, Expanded Classes have always been just as useless as they are now. So people won't as easily admit that Warlock is a completely redundant class. 

In my personal opinion, though, Warlock is still pretty good, and brings a reasonable amount of unique utility and a unique form of sustained damage to the WoE scene. I definitely wouldn't call it the "most useless, yet not alt-tab level useless" class. Sienna, White Imprison, Earth Strain, Stasis are all unique in their own right and have a good degree of crowd control. Intensification with Soul Expansion is absolutely devastating with the right gear, and unlike Arrow Storm, it cannot be blocked by commonly used skills such as Pneuma. It is also not easily reducible, as it is Ghost element, and magic type. Getting reductions for that will require you to cut down on other kinds of reductions, typically.

I also think Wanderers' abilities are largely downplayed and underestimated, I wouldn't personally consider them to be alt-tab level :v 

Edited by WolfTri, 13 March 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#132 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

Well. In popular perception, there's two degrees of uselessness. Things like Wanderer, Super Novice, Expanded Classes, Mechanic, etc. are expected to be and accepted as useless in all or most situations (exceptions like Mech for SD). People have come to terms with the fact that they're useless to the point of unviability. No one does anything on a mechanic when SD is on cooldown. That's just what's expected of that class. Warlock, on the other hand, isn't useless enough to *just* be a Stasis slave. It's sort of in that gray area, and while it's still usable, it feels weak. This might be because it used to be a relatively strong class before WoE set, etc. and before the Mora rebalance update, whereas Wanderer, Mech, Expanded Classes have always been just as useless as they are now. So people won't as easily admit that Warlock is a completely redundant class. 

In my personal opinion, though, Warlock is still pretty good, and brings a reasonable amount of unique utility and a unique form of sustained damage to the WoE scene. I definitely wouldn't call it the "most useless, yet not alt-tab level useless" class. Sienna, White Imprison, Earth Strain, Stasis are all unique in their own right and have a good degree of crowd control. Intensification with Soul Expansion is absolutely devastating with the right gear, and unlike Arrow Storm, it cannot be blocked by commonly used skills such as Pneuma. It is also not easily reducible, as it is Ghost element, and magic type. Getting reductions for that will require you to cut down on other kinds of reductions, typically.

I also think Wanderers' abilities are largely downplayed and underestimated, I wouldn't personally consider them to be alt-tab level :v 

agree

but people underestimate expanded classes too 

┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Edited by Hissis, 13 March 2016 - 08:34 AM.

#133 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

Rather, I think the 5 or so strongest classes get downplayed in their overpoweredness, and the weakest 5 get heavily understated in their uselessness, and people spend all day talking about why the middle 10 should be as strong as the top 5. Makes me want to put the community in a locked freezer.

#134 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:52 AM

Yeah WL sucks. I only see few WLs in WoE and tons of Suras and SCs. If the class was originally strong, there would be many Wls already. Everyone picks to play the best class for themselves xD

Wl can be strong but you need a lot of passion and dedication. If you complain about Wl, then change to play Sura or SC for WoE and Gen for PvM /2ez

Strength isn't really a factor, Suras and SCs are just "flashy troll yay" classes.

#135 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

I love Warlock.
I love Warlock.
I love Warlock.
I love Warlock.
I love.....
.............. Warlocked.

#136 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:21 AM

a warlock is an amazing class in woe.  i think what a lot of ppl forget to realize is that outside of stasis alts, a warlock can only realize it's true potential which is amazing when sacced by a good rg.  that's one of the reasons you will see more of other classes in woe vs warlocks.  warlocks are truly dependent on the support that they have around them.  if they have that support, they are easily top tier

#137 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:33 AM

if dini was on any class in woe, it'd be amazing

#138 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

In terms of pvm, I do find warlocks to be a little lackluster when it comes to higher end content. (Low TI and Mid TI, they can be amazing but usually the mobs tend to have low mdef and low life).

Despite having a matk of roughly 250 + 600  on top of 20% matk from gears, I find that I am unable to compete with most classes in terms of dps/usefullness. This is partially due to the immense fixed cast times that WLs have and the high mdef many higher level monsters have. (I use cast reduction gears as well to help mitigate the cast time, equaling about 80% fcr).  Usually by the time I am done casting crimson rock, or even just releasing spells, another class has already instakilled a high lvl mob. I find myself constantly casting spells that never hit their target due to the mobs already being killed, or dealing minimal damage in which another class will proceed to deal 2-3 times that in roughly the same time.  I also can't think of any other class where it cost resources, 800+ sp, and 1+second(s) of preparation to do 30k avg dmg AoE.

I don't mind not having the top dmg, I just wish that it was a bit closer to some of the other classes potentials. As a warlock with quite a few gears, I find myself resorting to spamming frost nova on stray monsters that are trying to get to our ABs, At least I have some use there. 

I know there are probably warlocks out there who find much more use in their class, and if so, that is fantastic! This is just my experience playing a warlock.

In terms of WoE, I am completely illiterate so I can't give any comments there. :D

#139 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 March 2016 - 04:29 PM

Radius lv3 gives you basically sacra lv4 permanently(when maxed)'-'

Edited by Ashuckel, 13 March 2016 - 04:29 PM.

#140 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:01 PM

i have read somewhere, that fixed cast time reductions dont stack, so you are stuck with your long cast times long delays and crappy dmg

and lets not forget you can not mystical amplify your memorized spells

Edited by Eternityzero, 13 March 2016 - 05:02 PM.

#141 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

i have read somewhere, that fixed cast time reductions dont stack, so you are stuck with your long cast times long delays and crappy dmg

and lets not forget you can not mystical amplify your memorized spells

1.- Percentual fixed cast time reductions dont stack, but the fixed ones do stack, like temporal dex+bellum+sacrament actually do (just with one example)

2.- And yes you can, but is expensive

#142 yuckani

yuckani

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

i love my wl  :p_smile:

#143 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

I don't care if they're -_-, I love just watching the damned class.

#144 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

Funny how a necro'd thread is still alive and kicking. :heh:

You all can thank me later. :heh:

#145 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:19 AM

I think you're right in most of what you said, but I'd like to see my favorite class' role unchanged. If Wizard and High Wizard used to be the Highest AoE dammage class with some AoE disable, this shouldn't be changed. If I played a tank class that got better at tanking (RG?) OR equal at tanking and better at killing (RK?), it would be ok. If it was a support class that gained the ability to kill or to tank better than before, that would be great, but they kept the classes weaknesses (Squishiness, Long Cast/Delay/Cooldown times), took away a lot of their dammage (in comparison to other dammage oriented classes) and gave them some awkward or extremely situational utility (Like WI, that you can use to tank High Tier MVPs, but you can almost never use it when you are alone, and have little other utility, or Stasis that's great on PVP/WoE, but can destroy your own party if misused).

I think that all those classes mentioned as low-tier should receive some love and be buffed... PLUS those outlier OP classes should be nerfed accordingly. From my point of view, wanderers (and even Maestros, that are greatly required because of Strings) would be way more viable if they could cast Severe Rainstorm with a whip/instrument and within a 2nd Class song (with Voice Lessons 5+). Its strange that a game like LoL, wich have more than a hundred characters have, like, monthly character specific nerf/buff packages, and a game like Ragnarok, with just a few classes, receive so little attention in this regard. Even though it's an old game and stuff, Gravity should do a job at least a little better about classes balance.

Sorry for the bad english.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 14 March 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#146 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:46 AM

"I think that all those classes mentioned as low-tier should receive some love and be buffed... PLUS those outlier OP classes should be nerfed accordingly. From my point of view, wanderers (and even Maestros, that are greatly required because of Strings) would be way more viable if they could cast Severe Rainstorm with a whip/instrument and within a 2nd Class song (with Voice Lessons 5+). Its strange that a game like LoL, wich have more than a hundred characters have, like, monthly character specific nerf/buff packages, and a game like Ragnarok, with just a few classes, receive so little attention in this regard. Even though it's an old game and stuff, Gravity should do a job at least a little better about classes balance."

+1 to that

i would really like to see some balancing of the classes on the one hand and on the other of the cards, for example give dmg bonus to some -_-ty skill from pre renewal, that today noone uses anymore

so instead of pushing out some pointless instances or islands they should fix the game in the first place

Edited by Eternityzero, 14 March 2016 - 10:46 AM.

#147 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

I'm not sure why people compare games like LoL to RO.
LoL and other mobas are highly competitive, that's why they are balanced constantly.
When someone is picking a certain champion 70% of the time or is getting banned in 100% of games, there's something wrong.

People on RO have lost a sense of a class being balanced around supporting a party or being supported by someone else.

#148 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

Classes are actually quite balanced. Dont you all know RWC? /hmm

Wht makes classes unbalanced are gears ie MvPs and Gods. Im not sure whats hard to undersand xD

#149 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:11 PM

i dont know how people are getting the idea of calling WL a support class, when almost all skills are offensive

#150 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

i dont know how people are getting the idea of calling WL a support class, when almost all skills are offensive

PLUS the original classe from where WL came is an almost purely offensive class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users