Is Warlock the worst class in renewal? - Page 4 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Is Warlock the worst class in renewal?

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#76 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

But if you want to run with a real RG, be ready to destroy a whole guild... just the two of you.

It reminded me of a time when I saw a High Wizard with a sacrifice Paladin and 2 body-blockers LKs defending a castle for a long time by themselves (before the main pre-cast, where very few people could get to)... only time enough for my guild's emp breakers infiltrate themselves though.  :gg:  Well, that's before 3rd classes came into existence.

What frustrates a lot of ex-wizards in WLs is that Wizard was the AoE dammage class, and nowadays, it seems that every class can output a higher AoE DPS. Genetics do it, RKs do it, Rangers do it... even Sorcerers, which were supposed to come from the supportive branch of mage classes do a better job in the AoE dammage department than WLs (AND support a party better)!  :pif:

OK, Wizards have always been AoE disablers too, but most disables in RO last a very short time and/or are not difficult to resist with stats or gears, and it was never the main reason to play a wizard. Now WLs are no longer what attracted people to the wizard class, and that's the reason for the frustration. It surely is a very versatile class, as you and others pointed out, but it's not the reason why most people used to like playing wizards. I always liked playing priests, and I can "priest better" with my AB, my wife liked playing wanderer, and... well... let's not talk about this... Even so, her charater role didn't change. Now I have more fun with my 2-skills DB RK than with my WL, which is supposed to be my main character.

After analising what you said, It looks like they wanted Warlock to be a "jack of all trades" class, but alas... master of none... unless packed with a bunch of godly gears. They could give the class some love, even if it means nerfing some areas to buff others, but they should listen to as many WL players as possible about what really matters to them, and what does not.

Edited by Kusanagisama, 11 March 2016 - 11:49 AM.

#77 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:53 AM

Nice necro

#78 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

Warlock damage is junk. 

I stopped playing my warlock at 114 when i saw hunters spamming comets 24/7 without the gem cost or the insane 800 mana cost and the spellbook instant cast precasts to push them off.

I did like 30k dmg with a comet cast and that was with decent gear ( and casting it with that magic amplifier which gives comet a cooldown + massive cast time ). My hunter that i roled later does 10x that 300k with no limit without any issue. Way lesser mana cost, way lesser precasts to get the dmg going etc.

Warlock needs a overhaul, there damage needs to increase drastically or other classes need a nerf.

But then arrow storm problably needs a nerf entirely.

Edited by gatygun, 11 March 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#79 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:01 PM

Gx, rk, and ranger actually just need to be reigned in a lot.

#80 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

Nice necro

Never underestimate a wizard. :gg:

LOL, I was looking for another topic using the search engine, found this one, read everything, then I just replied without cheking the date. Boards necromancy at its best, indeed...

I don't know about GX, but I totally agree about rks and rangers, SPECIALLY rangers. No limits was a grave mistake... Gatygun's description was the best one ever.

#81 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:24 PM

Gift us gx's with any 11x11, 9x9 or even 7x7 aoe. Then we can talk :v

#82 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:45 PM

Gift us gx's with any 11x11, 9x9 or even 7x7 aoe. Then we can talk :v

11x11 with less damage than my Bash

#83 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

Sounds perfect! Let's wait for that before we talk about nerfing anything :>

#84 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:08 PM

lol what bout GX

#85 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:59 PM

Warlock prolly not weak /gg

^Sucks too

next ! 

:p_idea: :p_hi:

#86 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:00 PM

Warlocks can solo some MVPs like Bakonawa, Kiel, Garm, and all those low level ones... plus Fenrir, although I've never tried yet because my current build does not permit me to get past Ju.

You can't expect Warlocks to be able to solo MVPs like Ifrit or VR. However, I usually tank them during ET parties. Yes, Warlocks can tank. If you don't know how then you need to read up more on this class before judging it. :)

Warlocks are also good with mob control, which is usually their main function. Parties don't invite them on Bio4 but their JF and SG actually really helps a lot.

Edited by Exuro, 11 March 2016 - 03:02 PM.

#87 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 11 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Warlock damage is junk.

I stopped playing my warlock at 114 when i saw hunters spamming comets 24/7 without the gem cost or the insane 800 mana cost and the spellbook instant cast precasts to push them off.

I did like 30k dmg with a comet cast and that was with decent gear ( and casting it with that magic amplifier which gives comet a cooldown + massive cast time ). My hunter that i roled later does 10x that 300k with no limit without any issue. Way lesser mana cost, way lesser precasts to get the dmg going etc.

Warlock needs a overhaul, there damage needs to increase drastically or other classes need a nerf.

But then arrow storm problably needs a nerf entirely.

but but but hunter cant go above level 100 and doesnt have arrow storm and no limit skill

#88 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:24 PM

yes i guess

#89 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:45 PM

Things that put me off of the Warlock class:

- Male sprite looks utterly ugly, especially compared to the trans/2nd/1st class sprite (wth kRO?)

- Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book,Read Spell Book, and then you get to use your spell. Repeat.

Edited by Morlord, 11 March 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#90 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

lol what bout GX

The three classes I named, can use BASIC attacks that individually out-damage most warlock spells.. and do 7/sec of them. Those 3 classes can also do AoE damage similar in DPS to those melee attacks (something like 2/3 of the dps).

This is incredibly overpowered DPS that the other 15 or so classes can't come close to. A distant fourth honorable mention would be genetic.

Those 3 classes also dominate far more areas of the game than other classes. All 3 finish in the top 5 classes for categories like pvp, woe, mvp, pvm (party), pvm (solo), with the only exception being gx in pvm (party).

Edited by Kadelia, 11 March 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#91 indigensDeo

indigensDeo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Server:slightly Ok THOR

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:08 PM

+1 to overhaul warlocks

#92 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:14 PM

Warlocks should be the most powerful AOE class compensated by cooldowns and casting times. It was always like that in fantasies. Dunno what happened to RO, where warlock have DPS + long casting times.. Cant even instant cast

#93 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

The three classes I named, can use BASIC attacks that individually out-damage most warlock spells.. and do 7/sec of them. Those 3 classes can also do AoE damage similar in DPS to those melee attacks (something like 2/3 of the dps).

This is incredibly overpowered DPS that the other 15 or so classes can't come close to. A distant fourth honorable mention would be genetic.

Those 3 classes also dominate far more areas of the game than other classes. All 3 finish in the top 5 classes for categories like pvp, woe, mvp, pvm (party), pvm (solo), with the only exception being gx in pvm (party).

er...

GX is also bad at woe/pvp.

'- '

' -'

#94 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:50 PM

:mellow:

#95 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

The three classes I named, can use BASIC attacks that individually out-damage most warlock spells.. and do 7/sec of them. Those 3 classes can also do AoE damage similar in DPS to those melee attacks (something like 2/3 of the dps).  With out EDP GX is crap no matter how you slice it. Cant even use poison in pvm aspect where it would matter. Take away EDP is like taking away magic from a mage class.

This is incredibly overpowered DPS that the other 15 or so classes can't come close to. A distant fourth honorable mention would be genetic. Some classes aren't dps heavy >.>. Same as gx isnt support heavy in anyway. maybe tank with a shield but then you cant attk well to kill the mobs. Might as well let a sura tank

Those 3 classes also dominate far more areas of the game than other classes. All 3 finish in the top 5 classes for categories like pvp, woe, mvp, pvm (party), pvm (solo), with the only exception being gx in pvm (party). Debatable.

GX recently got the limelight for mvp when they got that weapon FQL. Before then it was all RK, sura or gene. Even then its more preff to use anything other than a gx still to this day. As for Woe, barely anyone even mains or plays gx now. Maybe a select few that you can count on your hand. There is most likely more wanderers in woe than there are GX's. For pvp well no one really cares about such a place but its more of a fest of sura RK even some Warlocks and Sorcs and some people who want to test damage and or watch. As for parties, like you said gx are mainly doing it solo, wanderer can go solo as well in most cases but not as well as gx. But for parties wanderers are more sought after than gx for obvious reasons. In the past gx would be in the top 5 ranking of classes need to be nurf but not now. I highly doubt it.

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 11 March 2016 - 08:04 PM.

#96 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

every class is only as good as its player.

If its players base willing to test new stuff and do a lot of thing with their build, then it will get better.
that is how PhysicalRk, DDcrit GX, aimbolt Ranger, Trapper Ranger, EB Rg, SE/CL wL come into existence.
If you are not willing to do something about your fav class, but instead keep QQing about how powerful other classes are, then you will stuck at the same level forever.

Fun Fact: The latest "branch" build that starting to rise is battle AB. Go visit Aco subforum if you want to see how far it can go.

#97 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

every class is only as good as its player.

If its players base willing to test new stuff and do a lot of thing with their build, then it will get better.
that is how PhysicalRk, DDcrit GX, aimbolt Ranger, Trapper Ranger, EB Rg, SE/CL wL come into existence.
If you are not willing to do something about your fav class, but instead keep QQing about how powerful other classes are, then you will stuck at the same level forever.

Fun Fact: The latest "branch" build that starting to rise is battle AB. Go visit Aco subforum if you want to see how far it can go.

Forget about arguments like "there is no worst class, it just depends on the player playing it" coz it is so not true. Warlock is really down there even if the player playing it is the best of bests.

#98 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:19 PM

Forget about arguments like "there is no worst class, it just depends on the player playing it" coz it is so not true. Warlock is really down there even if the player playing it is the best of bests.

Wrong.

#99 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

Not all classes are meant to be primary killers.

And I think people are forgetting that most MVP killers that hunt out there are geneticists... or suras.

#100 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

Funny how a necro'd thread is still alive and kicking. :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users