Is Warlock the worst class in renewal? - Page 5 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Is Warlock the worst class in renewal?

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#101 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1726 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:31 PM

[quote name="gatygun" post="2419928" timestamp="1457729764"]
But then arrow storm problably needs a nerf entirely.[/quote

Give us the ability to put hunter traps beneath the enemy and the ability to wield a bow and a shield, and you can nerf the AS.

#102 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

Forget about arguments like "there is no worst class, it just depends on the player playing it" coz it is so not true. Warlock is really down there even if the player playing it is the best of bests.

as long as there is a group of thing doing something, of course you can rank them. But that doesn't mean that every position in that rank is fix. There might be a limit on who can be considered as top tier but doesn't change the fact that the every position can be change.

Edited by DemliekCake, 11 March 2016 - 08:36 PM.

#103 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 March 2016 - 09:40 PM

Let gx use poison on mvps. Changed dark claw to dark crow and make it a buff for 5 secs then we can nerf that buttocks off it lol

#104 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:07 PM

Not all classes are meant to be primary killers.

And I think people are forgetting that most MVP killers that hunt out there are geneticists... or suras GX

Corrected

#105 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

Corrected

Or recently gx don't forget the recent aspect. Suras still mvp as well and rk and as rangers with warg hybrid

#106 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:06 AM

Yes, compare to the Main Classes warlocks are so weak and the worst.

1. Lowest HP
2. Hardest job change.
3. Super low defense.
4. Can't spam skills.
5. Super long fixed cast time of skills
6. "Ultimate" skills Comet/TV don't get bonus from Base Level. Yet not even reliable since Comet eats huge SP.
7. Super long cooldown of skills
8. MVPs get huge MDEF buffs
9. Walks like turtles
10. No use in parties especially Bio4. Even wandies are useful.

Dont get me wrong my favorite is WL currently 173/60 but when maxed I'll ditch this guy.

#107 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:31 AM

1. Lowest HP
2. Hardest job change.
3. Super low defense.
4. Can't spam skills.
6. "Ultimate" skills Comet/TV don't get bonus from Base Level. Yet not even reliable since Comet eats huge SP.
9. Walks like turtles

Dont get me wrong my favorite is WL currently 173/60 but when maxed I'll ditch this guy.

Preach.

Hallelujah.

Amen.

#108 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:38 AM

2. Hardest job change.

This is the worst of the ones listed!

#109 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

1. Lowest HP
2. Hardest job change.
3. Super low defense.
4. Can't spam skills.
9. Walks like turtles

that list sucks ^

next !  :heh:

#110 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:45 AM

1. Lowest HP -> True, but with high defense gears, it shouldn't be much of a problem.
2. Hardest job change. -> It's relatively easy lol... I have 3 warlocks and it wasn't that hard xD.
3. Super low defense. -> not true, it's all up to how you set up your warlock and learn to switch gears.
4. Can't spam skills. -> it depends on the skills but you can... the high damage skills are actually the ones with high DPS lol. It seems you are playing your warlock wrong =S.
5. Super long fixed cast time of skills -> true, but we have sacrament and you can reduce variable cast time to 0 without gears =S.
6. "Ultimate" skills Comet/TV don't get bonus from Base Level. Yet not even reliable since Comet eats huge SP. -> It does when 2 warlocks cast it together. 
7. Super long cooldown of skills -> Just like most skills out there.
8. MVPs get huge MDEF buffs -> True, the class was not meant to do everything to begin with.
9. Walks like turtles -> like every other class?
10. No use in parties especially Bio4. Even wandies are useful. -> lol, the most efficient parties (less than 25 min turn in) had warlocks in it... just balance your roles lol.

Please see comments above.

The only people who will be able to truly help OP with a reasonable feedback about the class are the people who has been actively playing the class for years... which are less than 3 actually. >_<

#111 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:55 AM

I can't say anything about warlocks. I'm just here to defend gx lol

#112 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:07 AM

1. Lowest HP -> True, but with high defense gears, it shouldn't be much of a problem. --> High def gears?? you sure?? who wear def gear these day? Even with high def gear it won't make a different.
2. Hardest job change. -> It's relatively easy lol... I have 3 warlocks and it wasn't that hard xD. -> Agreed. Not really hard, it's easy if you know what to do with the WL spell stone.
3. Super low defense. -> not true, it's all up to how you set up your warlock and learn to switch gears. -> read no. 1 
4. Can't spam skills. -> it depends on the skills but you can... the high damage skills are actually the ones with high DPS lol. It seems you are playing your warlock wrong =S. -> High DPS? which WL skills have high dps? TV?? 15 sec to deal 200k-300k? , any 3rd call can do better in that 15 sec.
5. Super long fixed cast time of skills -> true, but we have sacrament and you can reduce variable cast time to 0 without gears =S. -> while sorc can have instant cast AND high dmg. W/O SCARAMENT.
6. "Ultimate" skills Comet/TV don't get bonus from Base Level. Yet not even reliable since Comet eats huge SP. -> It does when 2 warlocks cast it together. -> AHH, 2 WL, how rare is that outside woe and cast comet?
7. Super long cooldown of skills -> Just like most skills out there. -> see no. 4, which 3rd class have a cooldown of 15 sec and only deal 300k dmg to the right element with AMP?
8. MVPs get huge MDEF buffs -> True, the class was not meant to do everything to begin with. -> Seems you never play a mage/wiz class b4 renewal. they were one of the best mvper and pretty much can solo every mvp in ro, then gravity nerf it to hell.
9. Walks like turtles -> like every other class? -> Agreed.
10. No use in parties especially Bio4. Even wandies are useful. -> lol, the most efficient parties (less than 25 min turn in) had warlocks in it... just balance your roles lol. -> my under 30 min party don't have WL in it, it depends of the party, not the role of WL.

#113 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:24 AM

1. Lowest HP -> True, but with high defense gears, it shouldn't be much of a problem. --> High def gears?? you sure?? who wear def gear these day? Even with high def gear it won't make a different.
2. Hardest job change. -> It's relatively easy lol... I have 3 warlocks and it wasn't that hard xD. -> Agreed. Not really hard, it's easy if you know what to do with the WL spell stone.
3. Super low defense. -> not true, it's all up to how you set up your warlock and learn to switch gears. -> read no. 1 
4. Can't spam skills. -> it depends on the skills but you can... the high damage skills are actually the ones with high DPS lol. It seems you are playing your warlock wrong =S. -> High DPS? which WL skills have high dps? TV?? 15 sec to deal 200k-300k? , any 3rd call can do better in that 15 sec.
5. Super long fixed cast time of skills -> true, but we have sacrament and you can reduce variable cast time to 0 without gears =S. -> while sorc can have instant cast AND high dmg. W/O SCARAMENT.
6. "Ultimate" skills Comet/TV don't get bonus from Base Level. Yet not even reliable since Comet eats huge SP. -> It does when 2 warlocks cast it together. -> AHH, 2 WL, how rare is that outside woe and cast comet?
7. Super long cooldown of skills -> Just like most skills out there. -> see no. 4, which 3rd class have a cooldown of 15 sec and only deal 300k dmg to the right element with AMP?
8. MVPs get huge MDEF buffs -> True, the class was not meant to do everything to begin with. -> Seems you never play a mage/wiz class b4 renewal. they were one of the best mvper and pretty much can solo every mvp in ro, then gravity nerf it to hell.
9. Walks like turtles -> like every other class? -> Agreed.
10. No use in parties especially Bio4. Even wandies are useful. -> lol, the most efficient parties (less than 25 min turn in) had warlocks in it... just balance your roles lol. -> my under 30 min party don't have WL in it, it depends of the party, not the role of WL.

The only people who will be able to truly help OP with a reasonable feedback about the class are the people who has been actively playing the class for years... which are less than 3 actually. >_<

Thank you.

#114 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:11 AM

Corrected

Have you ever played sura?

1. Lowest HP
2. Hardest job change.
3. Super low defense.
4. Can't spam skills.
9. Walks like turtles

Warlock is currently one of the most squishy classes, no doubt. But there are many situations where I'd prefer warlock over many other classes.

#115 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:23 AM

every class is only as good as its player.

If its players base willing to test new stuff and do a lot of thing with their build, then it will get better.
that is how PhysicalRk, DDcrit GX, aimbolt Ranger, Trapper Ranger, EB Rg, SE/CL wL come into existence.
If you are not willing to do something about your fav class, but instead keep QQing about how powerful other classes are, then you will stuck at the same level forever.

Fun Fact: The latest "branch" build that starting to rise is battle AB. Go visit Aco subforum if you want to see how far it can go.

Used to be like this...

Check some WoE kRO videos,almost everyone play as RK/SURA/SC (pvp/woe aspect of course).

#116 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:11 AM

I can't say anything about warlocks. I'm just here to defend gx lol

GX doesn't need to be defended. They're top tier.

#117 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

I like to read these comments about pl who dont even know the class and just say senseless things, so funny

#118 DemliekCake

DemliekCake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Server:Pioneer Server FWT

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

Used to be like this...

Check some WoE kRO videos,almost everyone play as RK/SURA/SC (pvp/woe aspect of course).

what do you expect? their woe is pvp oriented. Heck, you can say that they just pvp-ing in woe realm. As for us, we still have that precast lineup. So we still need class balance.

If you go to pvp room in iro, you can see the same class hopping around.

#119 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:53 AM

i just thinking warlock good as tanker, with white imprison they even can tank some high tier MVP

#120 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:01 AM

what do you expect? their woe is pvp oriented. Heck, you can say that they just pvp-ing in woe realm. As for us, we still have that precast lineup. So we still need class balance.

If you go to pvp room in iro, you can see the same class hopping around.

i know they are PVP oriented but this is not a reason to see EVERYONE using only 2 classes with 1 build type (On kRO they follow HS/IB for RK and GOH for Sura's).

Why it's not a reason? Well,Kagerou/Rebel/Sorc (examples) are PVP oriented but guess what? They are nothing.

#121 rabidMAGE

rabidMAGE

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

@topic No

#122 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:07 AM

I like to read these comments about pl who dont even know the class and just say senseless things, so funny

I'm just going to say sorry. ;)

GX doesn't need to be defended. They're top tier.

Is that so. O.o

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 12 March 2016 - 10:08 AM.

#123 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

Yeah WL sucks. I only see few WLs in WoE and tons of Suras and SCs. If the class was originally strong, there would be many Wls already. Everyone picks to play the best class for themselves xD

Wl can be strong but you need a lot of passion and dedication. If you complain about Wl, then change to play Sura or SC for WoE and Gen for PvM /2ez

#124 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

Used to be like this...

Well yeah you can also play one of these classes (RK,Sura,SC) but then what? You wont be nearly as good as those who play these 3 classes because they love the classes, not their OP skills xD

#125 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

those cooldown times are joke when you are having a look at RK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users