Classic RO2 Server - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic RO2 Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#26 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:33 AM

NEVER FORGET

Zl0h8wI.jpg

#27 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

The direction of future content would be up to the developers whether they wish to pursue the changes they made to the game or reevaluate where they went wrong with the game when they implemented the changes they did with AOV. What the classic RO2 server will serve to do in that regard is hopefully persuade the developers that some of their old ideas is worth reconsidering; a proof of concept, if you will. The fact that this idea of a classic RO2 server has been brought up multiple times is proof that there is still interest in what the game used to be than what it is now.

Most of the old guard of iRO2 is gone by now so I don't think much of the current playerbase would be willing to abandon the main servers in favor of starting over from scratch on a server with old mechanics. Thinking that a significant portion of the servers will move over to the classic RO2 server is a bit of an overestimation.

Regardless, I'm 99% sure Gravity will not go for this so there's no harm in doing some armchair Imagineering for a better RO2 that's more true to its prequel.

I was thinking more of 20-30% of players and because of low pop. it would be impactful, but hey - what do I know? This thread also reminded me of how much fun I had raiding baphomet and the arena with a full raid of 2 tanks, 2 melee dps, 2 ranged dps, 2 sorcs and 2 priests.

#28 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:21 AM

you should make a poll on Facebook and Forums just to get a rough idea on how many players might play classic LOTS mechanics. I for one *might* consider going back to RO2 if this is implemented, granted that the previous nuisances like the forever abused freeze merc in colo and dungeons do not make their way back in.

don't forget to scale down the M level gears, if you're going to put it here. I sorta feel kinda sad that old raids died because of the "imba" basic m level item compared to chaos armors. i had a lot of fun joining raids back then, even after completing my gears, i still join raids just to help others complete theirs. you should streamline equipment tier also, just like what we had back then.

LOTS with AoV content. i hope this gets pushed through <3

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

I was thinking more of 20-30% of players and because of low pop. it would be impactful, but hey - what do I know? This thread also reminded me of how much fun I had raiding baphomet and the arena with a full raid of 2 tanks, 2 melee dps, 2 ranged dps, 2 sorcs and 2 priests.

I dunno, people seem pretty attached to their titles and such. But yes, TontonAlarcon's suggestion of a poll will let us know for sure what the reception would be.

you should make a poll on Facebook and Forums just to get a rough idea on how many players might play classic LOTS mechanics. I for one *might* consider going back to RO2 if this is implemented, granted that the previous nuisances like the forever abused freeze merc in colo and dungeons do not make their way back in.

Think a forum poll should be good enough considering a lot of people aren't big fans of Facebook in general. How about it, Njoror and Varitas?

Poll Question: Would you be interested in a Classic RO2 server?

-I'll stick with the updated main servers with post-AOV mechanics.
-I'd love a server with LOTS mechanics and post-AOV content.

Poll Question: If post-AOV content with classic mechanics is not possible, would you still play on it?

-Nah, I'd rather play on a server that gets updated.
-Yes, LOTS only all the way!

don't forget to scale down the M level gears, if you're going to put it here. I sorta feel kinda sad that old raids died because of the "imba" basic m level item compared to chaos armors. i had a lot of fun joining raids back then, even after completing my gears, i still join raids just to help others complete theirs. you should streamline equipment tier also, just like what we had back then.

LOTS with AoV content. i hope this gets pushed through <3

Not sure if AOV content would be applicable to a classic RO2 server since it is scripted for Master Levels. But since RO2 is a 3D game and the programming is a bit more modernized, that might be a possibility. Would need a CM to weigh in on this. It'd be great if we could get post-AOV updates on classic RO2, but if not I'd be fine with the server only having expansions up to AOV.

#30 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

There is no reason post AoV content can't be implemented in lots the only thing is that gears and monsters need to be adapted to the lots meccanics and to realize more quests in the new maps, the maps, monsters aspect, already existing quests can stay the same.

#31 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:11 AM

There is no reason post AoV content can't be implemented in lots the only thing is that gears and monsters need to be adapted to the lots meccanics and to realize more quests in the new maps, the maps, monsters aspect, already existing quests can stay the same.

In that case, we'll need a list of all gears added post-AOV to adapt them to classic mechanics.

If the old elements system (water, earth, fire, wind, poison, holy, dark, psychokinesis, and undead) could be enabled, monsters added post-AOV can be easily addressed with elemental gears instead of having to tweak their levels or anything.

#32 suzumechan123

suzumechan123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIron Islands, Castle Pyke

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:14 AM

- Normal dungeon mode now will become Solo mode instead of party require for everyone want to grind dungeon.

+ In Solo level bosses & monsters are much weaker than Hard level but ofc there are draw back for this.

+ No gears/card drop from Solo level but DNA, material, recipe and other stuffs.

+ This will recyle old contents and also satisfy both solo players & party players.

+ After complete solo mode there should be a portal to warp to the entrance.

+ Same for Osiris and other dungeon like it, should have Solo mode & party mode.

I love the idea of Solo/Normal/Hard/ or even a fourth option something like "Hell Mode Dungeons", which can be like mini Raids with awesomely strong bosses that could knock anyone's socks off. I think this in particular make the game exciting! It's cool that in most dungeons I'm OP, but it eventually get boring that most bosses in game, including those in the Garden of Baphomet, PVE Arena, Culvert of Abyss, etcetera, can be soloed or done with a group of 2 to 5 people.

Plus, that portal in the end of every dungeon would be a awesome. Having to run back to the entrance of The Temple of Osiris is killer!

#33 suzumechan123

suzumechan123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIron Islands, Castle Pyke

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:16 AM

NEVER FORGET

Zl0h8wI.jpg

omg! Brings back memories. xD

#34 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Just want to throw this out there. I know this is a retardedly long shot for the developers to go along with this, but here I go.

IMPLEMENT NOVICE CLASS

Why? Because the way the game is set up just screams for it. I know the original development team wanted to Warcraft it and let players make 1st Classes upon creating their characters, but the game itself just doesn't suit that setup.

First of all, the east and west Mt. Mjolnir areas just don't need the kind of power that 1st Classes have. All the monsters are stupidly easy. You could give every player the same skill set as the RO Novice class (Play Dead and First Aid) along with a Basic Attack skill and those first 10 levels would still be a breeze.

Secondly, it fits the academy setting better since academy schools are more commonly known as uniform schools so all students should be wearing the same uniform (Novice outfit). Plus, everyone wears the same armor (in appearance) in the early levels anyhow so you can't even distinguish your character from everyone else's despite being different classes.

Thirdly, it doesn't make any sense for the academy to have students that already know how to use magic, heal others, bash monsters, etc. since all the teachers are retired members of the Prontera Chivalry. In addition, none of the school buildings cater to any of the five 1st Classes so how do these kids even learn how to use 1st Class skills? (And no, the Heart of Ymir has been shown to either enhance abilities or cause mutations, it doesn't teach you how to cast spells or use melee techniques.)

Fourth, it's a better way of getting players to try out the game without committing to one job class branch too early. Personally, having players pick their 1st Class AND their life jobs from the character creation window feels lazy. Players would be better introduced to 1st Classes and life jobs if they picked them later on in the game.

Which coincides with my next suggestion:

HAVE IT SO PLAYERS CHANGE TO 1st CLASSES IN THE ACTUAL GAME

This is such a unique thing to RO that it should be in RO2 as well. Heck, if the developers are too lazy to come up with unique questlines for each of the five 1st Classes, then just have players walk up to their respective job change trainers and have the trainers talk about each 1st Class. Then at the end, the players would be prompted if they want to job change (with the warning that once they job change, they can't go back to Novice and switch to another class). Have it so the requirement for 1st Class job change is Base Level 10/Job Level 0 (since life jobs would be picked in Prontera).

The whole process of going from Novice to 1st Class is such an essential part of the Ragnarok experience that it should be preserved from RO to RO2. The 2nd job change NPCs can remain in Prontera; just add the 1st Class trainer NPCs to the appropriate areas. Not like Prontera is a small city, they can fit a few more NPCs.

#35 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

NEVER FORGET

Zl0h8wI.jpg

Fixed the screenshot to acutal LOTS game play :^)

fp34oDQ.jpg

Also im dead R I P

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

Why aren't there any screenshots of Klyde's lovely UI? I'm disappointed in you guys. :U

#37 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:35 AM

Why aren't there any screenshots of Klyde's lovely UI? I'm disappointed in you guys. :U

here u go video of kylde's UI

#38 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

i don't know if you guys already saw this video but this feels more like RO2 than what we have now.

Spoiler

imo, this is what RO2 should have been.

Edited by TontonAlarcon, 31 August 2015 - 08:43 AM.

#39 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:47 AM

IMPLEMENT NOVICE CLASS

HAVE IT SO PLAYERS CHANGE TO 1st CLASSES IN THE ACTUAL GAME

This is such a unique thing to RO that it should be in RO2 as well. Heck, if the developers are too lazy to come up with unique questlines for each of the five 1st Classes, then just have players walk up to their respective job change trainers and have the trainers talk about each 1st Class. Then at the end, the players would be prompted if they want to job change (with the warning that once they job change, they can't go back to Novice and switch to another class). Have it so the requirement for 1st Class job change is Base Level 10/Job Level 0 (since life jobs would be picked in Prontera).

The whole process of going from Novice to 1st Class is such an essential part of the Ragnarok experience that it should be preserved from RO to RO2. The 2nd job change NPCs can remain in Prontera; just add the 1st Class trainer NPCs to the appropriate areas. Not like Prontera is a small city, they can fit a few more NPCs.

THIS^

i actually miss playing novice and changing jobs. there's just this feeling of satisfaction after completing everything and successfully change jobs the first time. to be honest, i wanted to see RO1 knight armor look in RO2 but there's nothing here that represents that. you get to look like a swordsman after changing jobs to warrior/knight though but you won't be wearing that past level 30. transmog should also be added in the game because some armors are just fugly and other awesome looking gears are just too weak.

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

For Alchemy recipes, since the first 50 job levels encompass red potions in terms of healing, how about implementing yellow, orange, and white potion recipes for job level 51 - 100? And then enhanced, enriched, and slim versions of blue potions for SP recovery?

For Cooking recipes, the life job is in DESPERATE need of processing recipes that don't require NPC items. How about having monsters drop their own versions of raw meat and players can have processing recipes to turn the raw meat into prepped meat? And then add some more cooking recipes for job level 51-100.

For Artisan recipes, just add more processing and production recipes for monsters past 50. (A REALLY nice addition would be the ability to craft storage bags, hint, hint...)

For Blacksmithing recipes, same as Artisan, just add more processing and production recipes for ores past 50. Maybe some processing recipes to produce Carnium and Bradium? How about making elemental weapons using crystals produced by Alchemist players?

here u go video of kylde's UI

Le sigh, I wish the developers would implement a UI skinning feature like RO so we don't have to do all these inconvenient workarounds.

imo, this is what RO2 should have been.

I kind of like RO2's art style, but I also wouldn't mind it if development was outsourced to Dream Square (the developer of that RO mobile game) instead.

THIS^

i actually miss playing novice and changing jobs. there's just this feeling of satisfaction after completing everything and successfully change jobs the first time. to be honest, i wanted to see RO1 knight armor look in RO2 but there's nothing here that represents that. you get to look like a swordsman after changing jobs to warrior/knight though but you won't be wearing that past level 30. transmog should also be added in the game because some armors are just fugly and other awesome looking gears are just too weak.

Right? There's so many MMOs already on the market that makes you pick a job class from the character creation screen, why does RO2 need to be another one of them?

#41 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:35 AM

Nice warp! :no1:  Ah I better stop insinuating stuff or someone from warp portal will cut the arms and legs of my toon. Who cares anyway?

#42 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:23 PM

For Alchemy recipes, since the first 50 job levels encompass red potions in terms of healing, how about implementing yellow, orange, and white potion recipes for job level 51 - 100? And then enhanced, enriched, and slim versions of blue potions for SP recovery?

• hmm the orange/yellow/white idea already kinda exists with dayr desert potions;
  • purple potions could be actually enhanced to make sense prime grade being better than master;
  • slim version doesn't make sense, since there isn't the problem of heavy bags;

maybe making potion pitchers/sprays actually useful and worth the craft (adding more recipes) and adding HoT (healing over time) recipes can be a good idea

For Cooking recipes, the life job is in DESPERATE need of processing recipes that don't require NPC items. How about having monsters drop their own versions of raw meat and players can have processing recipes to turn the raw meat into prepped meat? And then add some more cooking recipes for job level 51-100.

For Artisan recipes, just add more processing and production recipes for monsters past 50. (A REALLY nice addition would be the ability to craft storage bags, hint, hint...)

• bags......that could cut gravity profit if one allow any bag to be craftable, leaving only the best bag to be purchaseable and the others to be crafted could solve the problem
  • would be a really nice idea allowing artisans/blacksmiths to craft costumes (not the kafra ones) similarly to the self design in pangya or that unimplemented tailoring system

For Blacksmithing recipes, same as Artisan, just add more processing and production recipes for ores past 50. Maybe some processing recipes to produce Carnium and Bradium? How about making elemental weapons using crystals produced by Alchemist players?

• +1 to the elemental weapons;
  • right now, karnium and bradium would only be used to get blessing powders and infiniums, game would become too easy (and there goes away gravity profit with infiniums again); what about bringing RO enhancement system (allowing one of them to be used on weapons and the other on armors, maybe even bringing back oridecon and elunium and adding refined/enhanced/pure, depending on how classic the server would be) or making them a material for a new item similar to infinium, but with lower protection rate?

#43 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:54 PM

hmm the orange/yellow/white idea already kinda exists with dayr desert potions;

purple potions could be actually enhanced to make sense prime grade being better than master;

slim version doesn't make sense, since there isn't the problem of heavy bags;

maybe making potion pitchers/sprays actually useful and worth the craft (adding more recipes) and adding HoT (healing over time) recipes can be a good idea

That will depend on whether or not Gravity would be willing to implement post-AOV content into a Classic RO2 server. If not, my suggestions would compensate for that.

The word slim doesn't necessarily have to do with weight, could be just a prefix for higher level HP potions.

bags......that could cut gravity profit if one allow any bag to be craftable, leaving only the best bag to be purchaseable and the others to be crafted could solve the problem

would be a really nice idea allowing artisans/blacksmiths to craft costumes (not the kafra ones) similarly to the self design in pangya or that unimplemented tailoring system

What about quivers for storing arrows or profession bags for storing crafting materials? I doubt they'll ever sell those in the Kafra Shop. If they won't go for general storage bags, there's other bags that can be crafted, too.

I, too, would like to see the return of the old jigsaw tailoring system that allowed players to upload patterns onto their characters.

+1 to the elemental weapons;

right now, karnium and bradium would only be used to get blessing powders and infiniums, game would become too easy (and there goes away gravity profit with infiniums again); what about bringing RO enhancement system (allowing one of them to be used on weapons and the other on armors, maybe even bringing back oridecon and elunium and adding refined/enhanced/pure, depending on how classic the server would be) or making them a material for a new item similar to infinium, but with lower protection rate?

The elemental weapons can only come into play if they enable the original elements system for Classic RO2. From there, we can design some sort of enchantment system to enhance elemental strength to weapons and resistance to gears.

Infiniums are a post-AOV addition I'd rather do without on a Classic RO2 server. I'm suggesting on the basis of returning to the old refining system of Classic RO2, in which case Carnium and Bradium would just be refinement materials for base level 51+ alongside Oridecon and Elunium which are for base level 50 and below.

#44 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

That will depend on whether or not Gravity would be willing to implement post-AOV content into a Classic RO2 server. If not, my suggestions would compensate for that.

The word slim doesn't necessarily have to do with weight, could be just a prefix for higher level HP potions.

What about quivers for storing arrows or profession bags for storing crafting materials? I doubt they'll ever sell those in the Kafra Shop. If they won't go for general storage bags, there's other bags that can be crafted, too.

I, too, would like to see the return of the old jigsaw tailoring system that allowed players to upload patterns onto their characters.

The elemental weapons can only come into play if they enable the original elements system for Classic RO2. From there, we can design some sort of enchantment system to enhance elemental strength to weapons and resistance to gears.

Infiniums are a post-AOV addition I'd rather do without on a Classic RO2 server. I'm suggesting on the basis of returning to the old refining system of Classic RO2, in which case Carnium and Bradium would just be refinement materials for base level 51+ alongside Oridecon and Elunium which are for base level 50 and below.

ahh i see, i see, didn't have much time playing back in LotS, so i don't remember much about its features =P

but yeah, if it's like this, i agree

about the "slim": hmm got it, concentrated, refined and such would do well

about quivers: yeah, can be a good option, but job bags? i don't know if it's really necessary...

#45 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

about the "slim": hmm got it, concentrated, refined and such would do well

I suggested Slim as a prefix for higher level potions as an homage to RO alchemy. Enriched, Condensed, Refined, Concentrated would all work as well since there would need to be a wide variety of prefixes to expand Alchemy past job 50.

about quivers: yeah, can be a good option, but job bags? i don't know if it's really necessary...

Well let me clarify since I think profession bags are rather uncommon bags to see in MMOs. Profession bags are bags designed to hold only crafting materials for a particular profession. What would happen is when you gather/loot crafting materials, all of it would go directly into your profession bag as opposed to your main bag and then your extra bags. This would be particularly useful for players like me that like to sort inventory items (i.e. one bag for materials, one bag for foods, one bag for weapons, one bag for everything else, etc.). What currently happens is that the system transfers all items to the main bag first and then the additional bags afterwards once the previous ones fill up. For people who like to keep things organized, they'd be constantly having to go through their bags to re-sort things. This would at least allow players focused on job leveling to be able to keep their materials separated from the rest of their loots to track how much materials they have to craft. Profession bags are very useful whether the majority of players care for them or not. I personally loved them in WoW and since RO2 is designed to mimic WoW in some aspects, I would like to be able to craft those bags here as well.

Although I would very much love to see them give Artisans the ability to craft non-costume headgears and such like you can in RO, I doubt they'd be open to allowing us to do that.

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

Edited the OP to detail what would be wanted and unwanted in a classic RO2 server. Feel free to agree or disagree to add to the discussion so we can fine-tune the details of an ideal classic RO2 server.

Please keep in mind this does not mean a classic RO2 server will happen, but it's something to entertain the concept of since it's possible.

#47 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

would it be possible to add PK channel on it too? i'd really like a PK channel for RO2 hahaha

last time i posted about suggesting a PK channel others went nuts. idk. it's just one channel and it's optional. i just want to play on a PK channel because it keeps me interested in the game longer. 

#48 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

would it be possible to add PK channel on it too? i'd really like a PK channel for RO2 hahaha

last time i posted about suggesting a PK channel others went nuts. idk. it's just one channel and it's optional. i just want to play on a PK channel because it keeps me interested in the game longer.

Added it to the OP, but would like CM confirmation if this is even possible.

#49 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:07 PM

Please make it happen Devs D: The current Ro2 is so Ew!

Pre-AoV is Love, Pre-AoV is Life!

#50 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:00 PM

Please, client and server side optimization ;-;

also client and server side anticheat .-.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users