WoE Rebalance and Event WoEs - Page 15 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

WoE Rebalance and Event WoEs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
394 replies to this topic

#351 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

sinx dont have the items in those servers to up to champions so champion is the next best thing

#352 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

Given the hats and consumables on classic, champs are and should be part of the meta, lol. As long as ME's are a thing. 

While Woe Blues are "free" and all, they're a very very slow sp item. It takes forever to heal a 2k+ sp low-int champ with them. I'm much more worried about the endless berries and seeds. Watch some of rom's vids. Every tard has a few billion zeny stored, berries are ~400k and there's lots of them. Seeds are ~150k and there's even more. 2 weeks of woe wouldn't change what has been built for months/years.

I can't imagine where they are coming from

hZFmmf3.jpg

#353 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Yep, too much econ and too few people = ygg flood. not to mention ACA (mini bosses - every single mofo seem to have an gr these days, I wasn't even happy when I finally bought mine). Pretty much everyone is asking for econ control or castle reducing...

Anyway SinX's are much more than 1 shotting tools, the way I see and should not be compared to champs, especially on SE. Grintooth/Meteor Assault are usually overlooked. Just wait till I get my hands on some of these belt things everyone seem to have ;-;.

#354 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

wen just need a new server. the more i play the more i realize its either "join the big boys" or dont play at all.

#355 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

wen just need a new server. the more i play the more i realize its either "join the big boys" or dont play at all.

Sounds like you need to consider a career move. I'm working with smaller guildleaders and seeing progress. People in big guilds/alliances should not make statements like these if they are

part of the problem and not part of the solution.

No offense intended, have you tried a different guild?

#356 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

He did actually and there wasn't any one there size/skill level to fight

#357 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

Well a guild is only as good as it's members

#358 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:03 PM

No members to recruit on this dead server to make enough smaller guilds to make them feel relevant. 

Edited by Arctic, 23 January 2016 - 09:04 PM.

#359 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:10 PM

so join a small guild. solve the problem.

#360 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:28 PM

Me as an individual joining a small guild or starting a guild (again) is not a fix to this problem. Now if I were 20 to 100 people, that would be a fix for a or numerous smaller guilds. 

#361 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

yeah, that's the same logic people use about everything when multiple people are required to make a difference.

pretty human, it's the bystander effect. Someone has to start it.

#362 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:48 PM

Except I did start it and now I have lost interest in doing so again.

#363 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 24 January 2016 - 06:54 AM

I'd actually really like to start a guild myself at some point someday, but only if the GM team start listening and acting to turn this server around because right now such an effort and long term investment seems not worth it and really risky, when issues that are causing the server to continually decline and my own personal motivation to continue to play among cheats and duped/RMTed gear are both currently up in the air.

More people streaming would help a lot, seems like every week xellie is bringing another player or two to join classic and sometimes even our guild (inb4 the players who can't stream cause they'd end up banned lol). I'd do it myself if my laptop wasn't actually a potato, I've tried and it's not pretty unfortunately.

Edited by rojoky113, 24 January 2016 - 06:57 AM.

#364 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

I'd actually really like to start a guild myself at some point someday, but only if the GM team start listening and acting to turn this server around because right now such an effort and long term investment seems not worth it and really risky, when issues that are causing the server to continually decline and my own personal motivation to continue to play among cheats and duped/RMTed gear are both currently up in the air.

More people streaming would help a lot, seems like every week xellie is bringing another player or two to join classic and sometimes even our guild (inb4 the players who can't stream cause they'd end up banned lol). I'd do it myself if my laptop wasn't actually a potato, I've tried and it's not pretty unfortunately.

Starting your own guild... Meh. I did it and was fully supplied (literally did nothing for supplies). I guess the main problems with starting a guild (or continuing) is...

-Where are you going to get your players? Siphon off other guilds?

-Time investment for potting and farming. Unless your me lol

-What is there left to accomplish as a guild? Fights? Complete the 215th Asprika on the server? Make the 26th meg? 

#365 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:50 PM

Sometimes its just nice to do stuff as a team regardless of the goal... Guilds and that sort of community have led to all sorts of awesome real life adventures and changes for people.

#366 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:45 AM

Sounds like you need to consider a career move. I'm working with smaller guildleaders and seeing progress. People in big guilds/alliances should not make statements like these if they are

part of the problem and not part of the solution.

No offense intended, have you tried a different guild?

You used to be the big guild zerging people. lol

Changing guilds won't do anything to help his situation. Especially if it's well... The remaining options besides ours.

:P

#367 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

You used to be the big guild zerging people. lol

Changing guilds won't do anything to help his situation. Especially if it's well... The remaining options besides ours.

:P

That is an incredibly rude way to talk to the other guilds on the server. If people are concerned about the small guilds they should help or join them, not bully them and talk down on them.

edited for diplomacy.

Edited by Xellie, 01 February 2016 - 12:40 AM.

#368 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:14 PM

to be clear-er-er, lol. 

hi , i'm lost. yes. i have been a member of valk for most of my time on the server. an i plan on continuing to be. but i wanted (rlly needed) to see what this server is like from the point of view of a truly new guild. 

so, what i did: a close friend of mine made a guild. recruited a few fun players, an i joined them for woe 1 a few times now.

i found a few (one....) things that might help...

1)gsb hunting for new ppl/guilds

but to put it long winded, when you want to enter woe on this server there's two options. A)join an already established guild. an work with them for advancement. <<"easy mode"  B) start a new guild an spend all your free time farming supply stuffs instead of advancing. 

so why would anyone chose option B? an this is not the fault of any of the established guilds. an its obviously not supposed to be easy to get a new guild off the ground. but why would anyone do it?

so in conclusion. my statement about a new server being the only solution was more a statement about our status as a server an a lot less about me wanting a new server. I DONT WANT THE SERVER TO DIE, but i personally wouldnt start my own guild unless there was a new server. an i kno my friends new guild needs a place to hunt gsb as easily as a guild map before he could get his ppl a castle.

#369 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:36 PM

man, i read my own post an got a lil sad. my normal attitude would be more like "lets all tell everyone we know to come play on this server. for life! :) go iro classic, BU-YAW!!!!!"

:p_laugh:  :p_smile:  :p_idea:  :p_hi:

Edited by lxst, 01 February 2016 - 05:37 PM.

#370 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:39 PM

I'm leading a small guild. And it's fun.
Rare et run, no gsb hunting, purely woe.

#371 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:27 AM

how the heck do you supply pie

#372 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:44 AM

That's exactly what I planned to ask. You buy them all from people? It may get a little bit expensive...

For all I care you are most welcome to use ~rampage's flag to gsb hunting, assuming they don't end woe in different times and we do get the castles we guard  :heh: .

#373 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

Haha they supplies themselves sp stuff from badges. Some stuff i got left like 100k unranked during my "obsess to brew" time still manage to sustain.
Other type of supplies, i use my own cost. Like 50m per woe. Everytime woe we fail to get castle i always mad like crazy to them but yeah.. We'll manage.

They all have daily job and family stuff, so only 2-3 people able to online. I doubt they want to farm even if there is castle. Those are bad and loveable friends of mine hahaha

Edited by AmericanPie, 02 February 2016 - 01:53 AM.

#374 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:58 AM

Wait you sell all the parts? Don't you plan to create any gods? 

Also idk about your target audience, but ours is definetely enticed by our supply providing. They're waaaay too lazy to BG, even for blues.

Spoiler

#375 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:12 AM

oh god pie you know I'd let you just use gd one hour will supply you for a month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users